Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I gave most of the categories excellent but I didn't think this was a perfect hostel. It's certainly a very good hostel, it's smaller than you would expect, the breakfast changes daily so some days it's ok and others it's very good, it's very close to lapa within out being in lapa, which I liked, it also pulls a different crowd from those that choose to stay by the beach at ipanema or copacabana. In say that I met some people that I will stay in touch with for the foreseeable future.

The hostel is one of the best hostels I lived in. In there you can experience the pure spirit of a Backpacker Hostel, the staff consists of people from all over the world speaking two or three languages, all the habitants in there seem like a great family. You get fully informed about the city and about trips you can make and for each day they offer you special activities for night and day, like the Favela Funk Party for instance. Like this hostel a Backpacker Hostel should be.

• 26th Jul 2014

Hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed at. 45 seconds from the metro and easy walking distance to Lapa (where the best parties are). The beds are comfortable, breakfasts were great and the staff were excellent. Be sure to try the Caipirinahs there, if you're lucky you may get a lesson on how to make them like I did.

The 9 bed dorms were not comfortable, the room and the beds were too small. The location was great. The atmosphere was lovely. And the best part was the BREAKFAST.

Discovery hostel is definitely a great place to stay in Rio. I have done a lot of teaching and would view this the best hostel I've stayed at. The place is clean, staff is super friendly and helpful, breakfast is delicious and beds are comfortable. Lapa is great for going out and is close by (walking distance). The metro is right out the door to take you around Rio to ipanema, Copacabana, ect.

By far, one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at!

hope you can prepare enough hair dryers. Would like to see different breakfast everyday (you can prepare 7 different sets for a week, and repeat it every week.) I would suggest you can put a small cabinet in the female dorm bathroom, or at least a small table, so we can put our toiletries there without getting wet. I quite like you guys control the noise after midnight, and Capirinha is really nice.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Best hostel I've ever stayed in!!! Clean, friendly, and comfortable. Definitely recommend!

Really nice hostel! Staff was absolutely amazing, nice breakfast and comfortable beds. Bathrooms/toilets were a bit annoying (only one in upstairs and it's ALWAYS busy .. Also they were smelly sometimes, expecially that one in the downstairs with big trash can full of used toilet papers D: ) but nothing too bad, you can live with those things. The hostel is also very beautiful and nice to hang around. And once again, the staff was the best!! (Guys working there are also quite handsome ;))

1 2 3 4 Next » last »