Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Discovery hostel was great! Amazing breakfast in the morning and really helpful staff! I think it's the best hostel in rio by far!

We really enjoyed our stay there. Staff was awesome: friendly, helpful and always available when needed! The rooms are clean and have triple bunk-beds, so be sure not to be suffering from vertigo when chosing the topmost bed ;-)

Very good hostel with a well run and well organised set-up. Breakfast was very varied and enjoyable. The communal area was great for meeting people and the wifi was generally pretty good. Located next to a subway meant the whole city was accesible.

This hostel had a great (backpacker) atmosphere. As a couple it was easy to be social when we liked, and just talk to eachother when we liked. The breakfast was nice, and it felt good to actually do our own dishes for once. The drawback was the fact that we had to walk by people hanging in the chillout area to get to the shower/toilet.

I've been to Discovery Hostel twice and each time I felt at home. It's so cozy! I love the beds and pillows, super comfortable. By far the best bed I've ever slept in a hostel. The staff is very friendly and helpful, they really care about guests and host different dinner events like churrasco. Very clean and organized. The hostel is close to Lapa and Gloria metro stop, so it's easy to get to many places. The atmosphere is very chill and homey. When I return to Rio, I know I'll stay here again.

Very good hostel! It had everything you find nice about other hostels, all combined in this one!

• 17th Nov 2014

Wonderful hostel in Rio. Super friendly and helpful staff. Very close to Metro station and short walk to Lapa and Santa Theresa. Great vibe. Awesome breakfast. I'm looking forward to staying there again when I arrive back in Rio.

Nice enough hostel offering good access to the tube. Aircon in the dorm was a plus. Not keen on the shaky triple bunks or the foam pillow but had an ok few nights sleep and met some nice people. Closest beach was a bit of a let down and staff recommended I avoid it as it wasn't very clean. Staff were lacking in local knowledge. When I asked where was a good local restaurant I was told "I don't know, I never eat out". Not really what you want to hear. Good breaky though and everything was clean

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Wales

Proprietários e funcionários muito atenciosos, ambiente muito agradável e em ótima localizacao.

• 13th Nov 2014

nice hostel. good location and a chilled place to hang out mid week, easy walk to lapa and santa teresa

L auberge est tres bien mais il procede par lit a 3 niveaux. Le seul inconvenient serait de se retourver au dernier niveau. De plus, l auberge est situee dans le centre et non a copacabana mais elle est proche dun metro.

Absolutely Fantastic, from checking in to checking out. The staff are wonderfully friendly and know all the good activities for the daytime and all the great parties in the evening. There's never a shortage of guests to get along with. A great laugh, couldn't recommend it more!

• 1st Nov 2014

Fantastic stay at Discovery hostel!! The location is great for Lapa nightlife but not noisey. Breakfast was really yummy (French toast, fruit, bread rolls, jams, cakes and juices). Rooms were clean and nicely decorated, although the 3 tier bunks were rather high. Hostel in general is nicely decorated and the staff really lovely and helpful! Would really recommend :)

Probably the best Hostel I have ever stayed in! The Hostel is run by very experienced travelers. They have incorporated all the good stuff they have experienced so far during their stays at Hostels around the world into their Hostel. The best thing about that Hostel is probably the staff: extremely friendly and helpful. Apart from that: good facility, always clean, good location and an amazing atmosphere. Trust me: its worth the extra money! Do not book one of the cheaper ones in Rio!!

Totally recommend this place! Staff was so kind and like family. social and you can meet many people there and get tpgether. location is safe and close to metro. close to the beach. cant complain ever. This hostel made me feel so good about my trip in south america!

We totally loved this place, so much so that we booked back in for our last night in rio. The staff were so keen to help us, show us about and talk us through maps. Breakfast was great, some if the staff made fresh cakes. The place was super clean and right next to the metro to head to the beaches. We'll defo be back! Thank u guys

Discovery was the best hostel I have stayed at in South America. Super friendly staff who will proactively help you with anything, very social atmosphere, clean, safe, amazing breakfast. Perfect to relax and finding other people to enjoy your stay in Rio. One minute from Gloria metro station. Stay here!

• 26th Oct 2014