Discovery Hostel Reviews

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Fantastic hostel- very clean, comfy beds and a great atmosphere. Staff were very helpful! Everything you could want in a hostel and more! Definitely recommend this place.

I really enjoyed staying here! The atmosphere was awesome and the employees very nice and helpful! I'd definitely stay here again!

• 8th Dec 2014
  • Austria

A lot of thought has gone into this amazing place and the staff really made it, especially the super cool Ozzy girl at reception who was really helpful with everything.

Best place in Rio, absolutely nice and appearently outgoing staff! People love to show you around the city, help you with everything and make you feel at home, literally. Healthy breakfast, fresh cake every morning, loads of details to find and like. What can I say, discover it yourself, a 100 points for this!

Das Hostel ist sehr süß und stylish eingerichtet und man fühlt sich sofort wie zu hause. Die Atmosphäre zwischen Travelern und Hostel-Mitarbeitern ist super. Die zimmer dür 6 leute sind leider viel zu klein, wer außerdem das oberster der 3-stöckigen Stockbetten erwischt hat verloren.. Es gibt insgesamt leider zu wenig Bäder, nur einesauf dem Stockwerk mit 2 6erZimmern. Das Frühstück ist großartig, die meisten Mitarbeiter,bis auf eine Österreicherin,sind extrem freundlich und hilfsbereit.

Super gorgeous hostel with great staff and atmosphere. Was in a 6 bed female dorm with ensuite and it was perfect - although top bunk not great for anyone with vertigo or if you head out for to many drinks! Fab spot and most likely will head back there again. Highly recommended.

Discovery hostel was great! Amazing breakfast in the morning and really helpful staff! I think it's the best hostel in rio by far!

We really enjoyed our stay there. Staff was awesome: friendly, helpful and always available when needed! The rooms are clean and have triple bunk-beds, so be sure not to be suffering from vertigo when chosing the topmost bed ;-)

Very good hostel with a well run and well organised set-up. Breakfast was very varied and enjoyable. The communal area was great for meeting people and the wifi was generally pretty good. Located next to a subway meant the whole city was accesible.

This hostel had a great (backpacker) atmosphere. As a couple it was easy to be social when we liked, and just talk to eachother when we liked. The breakfast was nice, and it felt good to actually do our own dishes for once. The drawback was the fact that we had to walk by people hanging in the chillout area to get to the shower/toilet.

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Norway

I've been to Discovery Hostel twice and each time I felt at home. It's so cozy! I love the beds and pillows, super comfortable. By far the best bed I've ever slept in a hostel. The staff is very friendly and helpful, they really care about guests and host different dinner events like churrasco. Very clean and organized. The hostel is close to Lapa and Gloria metro stop, so it's easy to get to many places. The atmosphere is very chill and homey. When I return to Rio, I know I'll stay here again.

Very good hostel! It had everything you find nice about other hostels, all combined in this one!

• 17th Nov 2014

Wonderful hostel in Rio. Super friendly and helpful staff. Very close to Metro station and short walk to Lapa and Santa Theresa. Great vibe. Awesome breakfast. I'm looking forward to staying there again when I arrive back in Rio.

Nice enough hostel offering good access to the tube. Aircon in the dorm was a plus. Not keen on the shaky triple bunks or the foam pillow but had an ok few nights sleep and met some nice people. Closest beach was a bit of a let down and staff recommended I avoid it as it wasn't very clean. Staff were lacking in local knowledge. When I asked where was a good local restaurant I was told "I don't know, I never eat out". Not really what you want to hear. Good breaky though and everything was clean

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Wales

Proprietários e funcionários muito atenciosos, ambiente muito agradável e em ótima localizacao.

• 13th Nov 2014

nice hostel. good location and a chilled place to hang out mid week, easy walk to lapa and santa teresa

L auberge est tres bien mais il procede par lit a 3 niveaux. Le seul inconvenient serait de se retourver au dernier niveau. De plus, l auberge est situee dans le centre et non a copacabana mais elle est proche dun metro.

Absolutely Fantastic, from checking in to checking out. The staff are wonderfully friendly and know all the good activities for the daytime and all the great parties in the evening. There's never a shortage of guests to get along with. A great laugh, couldn't recommend it more!

• 1st Nov 2014

Fantastic stay at Discovery hostel!! The location is great for Lapa nightlife but not noisey. Breakfast was really yummy (French toast, fruit, bread rolls, jams, cakes and juices). Rooms were clean and nicely decorated, although the 3 tier bunks were rather high. Hostel in general is nicely decorated and the staff really lovely and helpful! Would really recommend :)

Probably the best Hostel I have ever stayed in! The Hostel is run by very experienced travelers. They have incorporated all the good stuff they have experienced so far during their stays at Hostels around the world into their Hostel. The best thing about that Hostel is probably the staff: extremely friendly and helpful. Apart from that: good facility, always clean, good location and an amazing atmosphere. Trust me: its worth the extra money! Do not book one of the cheaper ones in Rio!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4