Discovery Melbourne Reviews

167 Franklin Street, Melbourne, Australia

Staff are friendly and helpful. However the room and shower facilities are relatively not in good condition. Wifi is an extra. But they provide a light breakfast which is good for the budget travelers. Overall, I would not recommend if you care about hygiene.

I am a return visitor to Discovery Melbourne. I went back because I liked the cleanliness and the atmosphere. It's great in comparison to the other hostels I've been to. Their rates are also very reasonable. They have a very nice lounge area and there is an ATM and Cafe right there. The kitchen and TV area is clean too. I'd definitely go back.

Fantastic hostel, very helpful staff, accommodated all of our needs. Facilities are excellent downstairs and the rooms are everything you need. Good value for money considering Australia as a whole is expensive and its located in the very centre of Melbourne. Only recommendation is that you take your own chunky padlock for the lockers in the bedrooms and unfortunately WiFi is expensive... $5 per day or $10 for 3 days. Other than that I would certainly recommend.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Location was good, the rooms and the bathrooms were a bit dirty and the atmosphere was a tad dull. Could have had a lot to do with the weather though as was quite wet, cold and windy for my stay.

It was fine for my four night stay but I wouldn't like to stay any longer. The rooms were basic but had lockers for your valuales. Free breakfsst was a real bonus!

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Don't have enough sockets. Room so dark. Toilet dirty. Night counter staff very slow when I check in and unfriendly.

• 13th May 2014
  • Taiwan

I like the helpful staff and location of Discovery Melbourne. There is different coutries people stayed there, you can make friends easily.Parties are all around you, even until midnight. I can hardly sleep. The hygiene is poor in the shared bathroom and Kitchen. Bathroom is clean only every 2 days. And kitchen always has cockroach. Cooking utensil always not clean up after use. I like staff help clean up the room. However, they will not make sure the door is locked properly or not. Disappoint

We booking 3 people room. Free pickup to backpacker. Location is near China town just 10 mins. The price is reasonable. Include breakfast everyday, have free shuttle to Brighton beach.The room and bathroom is clean and the reception is 24 hours!! Very nice :)

• 9th Apr 2014

Really good location and great communal areas. However, rooms were dark and dingy and it was a very unsocial hostel compared to other places I've stayed.