Discovery Melbourne Reviews

167 Franklin Street, Melbourne, Australia

One fan for 12 people on a hot night isn't enough Only 3 power plugs for 12 Showers were okay Lockers provided

• 22nd Feb 2015

첫날 도착했는데 방문 카드키가 안됐다... 다음날 고쳐준다고 안에 있는 사람들에게 열어달라고 하랜다.. 첫날 그래서 밖에 맘편히 못나갔다 천장형 선풍기는 돌리면 2층 침대 쓰는 사람 목 잘린다고 쓰지말랜다 방 청소는 3일동안 한번도 안해준다 샤워기를 틀었더니 샤워기 레버가 떨어졌다 아 그리고 누가 무료셔틀 해준댔는데 그거 2주이상 묵었을 때 란다. 내 인생 최악의 숙소 괜히 블로그 믿고 피보지 마시길 1점도 주기 아까운데 시스템상 안되서 준다^^

very good hostel. only the information given by the staff about the cost for the lockers to store baggage and the room pricing was a bit confusing. but in the end, all good!

What's looks good on outside is not always the same inside. This hostels have added to much stuff around like events and café so they have forgot to take care of the messy, broken and with out pots kitchen. And then you most pay expensive for wifi. Avoid this hostel if you can.

Nothing worked!

• 24th Jan 2015

Booked a 12 bed dorm, ended up in a 14bed tent on the roof, the beds were comfortable though. There was 1 power outlet in the room as a result I charged my phone in the toilet and ended up getting STOLEN!! This happened at approx 8.30am. I went straight to reception as was only a 10minute window to of been taken and the staff were not helpful.

• 21st Jan 2015

Nice hostel, great placement but very smelly in the rooms

There were no clean beds ... they were all visibly dirty and they don't take the time to fold the blankets or put on the pillow covers. I had my bed stolen twice in one night. It was really less than ideal. The key cards barely worked. The toilets were disgusting (I looked and they only spend 15-20 minutes per bathroom which is totally not enough time to clean such large facilities). This was my fifth hostel in Melbourne, and I'd never go back nor recommend it to anyone.

Really disappointed... What happened to the discovery 3 years ago? It was more welcoming, people had free breakie together in the main place not like chickens in the kitchen. what happened to the free cheese

Check in was inefficient and the staff member didn't seem to know what was going on. Not sure if it is actually unclean, but it certainly felt like it. The kitchen was revolting and food ran out at breakfast. Lifts didn't work properly - I had to take the stairs to level one.

I expected it To be better atfter the high recommondation rate. I was very disappointed by the location, you have to talk about 10 minutes to the next tram station. There goes the free city circle line which is nice, but you're defininetely not close to the centre and far away ( 35 min walk) from Flinders station and Fed Square. The kitchen is not open between 9pm and 7am and there are exactly 3 muesli bowls. That's Absolutely dissatisfying but all in all the stay was ok because it's cheap.

A bit grubby and run down in areas, v loud. Not enough storage in rooms, no personal lighting and not enough power points.

Me and my friend stayed for 3 nights earlier this week. The hostel itself is very big. It's a good location however is not clean. The carpets are filthy and the upkeep of the bathrooms is very poor. In such a big hostel we felt that staff should be more involved in the co-operation of what happens overnight. We had really bad nights sleep from being up until 4 am and we had to ask people to keep the noise down. Poor engagement of staff. Stayed at much better one after.

We was charged to store our baggage before check-in, we was charged extra for going over the allocated time even after explaining that we had gotten lost with it being our first day, we would have been charged 3% to check-in via debit card, there was no cups at all in the kitchen, our room stunk of sweat. The hostel is like a prison.

• 31st Oct 2014

While the staff were helpful, the facilities were not great, only 3 plug sockets for a room of 8! The showers and toilets were not clean,have to pay $8 to store your bag (usually free in hostels!) and Internet very over priced.

• 29th Oct 2014

Saturday night is not a good night to spend in an hostel so I prefer to stop here my comment.

• 25th Oct 2014