Discovery Melbourne

Good 1310 Total Reviews

• Taiwan, Male, 25-30
20th Mar 2017
4.9

The payment will be changed 3% if you pay by card. I wasn't noticed before I move in otherwise I will prepare it early. The room was smelling and bathroom wasn't cleaned well. The location won't be good if the train doesn't work at all.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
4th Mar 2017
2.9

Was treated so disrespectfully when we informed reception that we had two rats run into our room. From there we had police called and were literally told get out. I am usually someone that's pretty easy going but after I was treated so bad for me letting them know there was rats in our room, anyone reading this review, look for somewhere else to stay.

• England, Male, 31-40
24th Feb 2017
7.7

My first impression wasn't great as it took over 40 minutes to check in as there was only one member of staff working in reception. I overall found the hostel to be ok, I think that they need to put lockers into the rooms as in my room there was no secure place to store your items, also for the number of people that can stay there the kitchen needs to be improved and also food storage should be improved. The rooms were good but there was no air con or any fans in the room.

20th Feb 2017
6.0

Felt like a warehouse or factory -- giant and impersonal. Lots of long-term stayers so there was old food and garbage in my room, and nobody looking to be social. Staff treated you like a number; was barely acknowledged when I arrived. But it was the cheapest hostel available and I just had one night, so it was okay. Checkout time was 10 which seemed unreasonably early considering how much you pay!

17th Feb 2017
5.7

Acceptanle, but not «good»

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
28th Jan 2017

Like:everything Dislike:nothing, I mean the kitchen was a bit messy but what do you expect in such a big hostel :) and it wasn't durty juste messy. And the locker in the basement are very expensive.

• England, Female, 25-30
16th Jan 2017
4.6

Over crowded. Refugee camp feel in reception all the time. Filthy kitchen you have to fight hundreds of people to get to cook in it- obviously thats if you want to risk the chance of food poisoning. 6 fridges for all those guests not enough. Mouse near kitchen and in room. Awesome rooftop. Could never get in the cinema room.Huge bathrooms 4th floor best for women. 12bed= 6bunkbeds in one room no lockers or wardrobes or fan/AC it felt like prison-fair enough complained staff helped,got moved.DULL

14th Jan 2017
6.9

Discovery is a very large hostel, the kitchen was often messy and dirty. The room was a good size and was clean with lockers however as said in other reviews we also saw a mouse running around.

• England, Female, 18-24
26th Dec 2016
2.0

It was awful, no air con or fan in the room, was also a mouse that lives there yet staff don't do anything. The most boring hostel I've been to, would never go back

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
9th Dec 2016
2.6

Service was rude and entirely unhelpful. Beds got filled even though we pre-booked. Entire hostel was filthy, my stuff got stolen, and there were no free towels, wifi, or breakfast. 0/10.