District Hotel Reviews

1440 Rhode Island Ave NW, Washington DC, USA

We were nervous about booking the District Hotel because of it's low rating here on Hostelworld. But we booked it anyway because of it's price and location. And we were pleasantly surprised. The place is a bit shabby, yes, but the staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms are small and simple but just fine for the price. The location is great. There is a breakfast (waffles, bagels, etc) available for $5/person.

• 10th May 2015

Our room was tiny, but ok. Breakfast is ok. The prices are not too high for Washington, so don't expect to much. Suitable for travellers with low expectations.

• 1st May 2015

+ quite cheap + nice bathroom - arrogant receptionist - poor wifi (works only in the lobby!)

The hotel room was very big for a reasonable price and clean. The only thing that put me off was that it looked a bit like out of a horror movie (ever seen The Shining?). Everything was a bit old, dark, and worn out . I wouldn't have wanted to stay there on my own, that would've freaked me out, but if you're not as easily scared as I am, this hotel will be just fine for you.

Very rude staff during check in. Walls are thin Mattresses are worn out. But clean. OK for just one night stay when out during most of the day for exploring

• 10th Apr 2015