District Hotel Reviews

1440 Rhode Island Ave NW, Washington DC, USA

The only problem was NO parking. I assumed that when they said on night free parking, that there was parking. There was first come, first serve parking. But limited.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I really enjoyed my stay on the hotel. I would stay there again if I had to and it was a reasonable price. But I wish they had more parking lot for the who are staying. They had only 5 paid parking spot for the whole hostel and none of them were available. I should say it was a great location. Just in the middle of the downtown.Loved the location.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Bangladesh

after reading some of the reviews we were a bit worried about staying here we were a party of 6 in 2 rooms.after arriving we were put in recently renevated rooms which we were all more than happy with. great reception staff who called us cabs for our onward journey. would deffinately stay again.

• 31st May 2014

Very pleasantly surprised. Was not expecting much for a relatively cheap room in downtown DC, but figured the good location was worth it. Room wasn't very big, but clean and well furnished. Staff was friendly and very helpful with finding directions and even printing boarding passes!

• 21st May 2014

This hotel is the worst I've ever been in near 30 different countries. - The staff at the front desk is rude, impolite, always unwilling to help and making you feel as if you were disturbing - The room was not even close to the photos in Hostelworld - The location seems ok in the map... it is not. Far away from any metro. Farther from the mall - Be careful when comparing! Their prices dont include taxes (14%). Moreover, the staff may intend to charge anything to your card without even asking

• 20th May 2014

We liked our stay. Close to sightseeings, sitiuted on a nice green street. Furniture is rather old and hotel could be renovated, but anyway it is clean and OK to spend some nights there. It is a really good value for money. Also they provide a breakfast just for 5USD, you can taste fresh waffles made by your self. It is do nice!

• 20th May 2014
  • Russia

The check-in time is kept very strictly at 3PM, we arrived an hour early and they refused to check us in, which would not have been so bad if there wasn't another 20 people waiting too. At last we were checked in around 4PM really tired and frustrated

Great stay here, had a fridge, tv and wifi, was quiet and comfortable. only negative was the check in process but apart from that it was good. we didnt have great expectations after looking at tripadvisor reviews but we would definitely reccommend it to budget travelers

• 11th May 2014

We arrived a few hours early, and so dropped our baggage off at the hotel, when we returned later we found that our bags had been left in the hall where anyone could have picked them up. The standard double rooms are very small, enough room for the bed and not much else. The window-ledges have nothing on them to protect from birds and we had pigeons cooing right outside the window during most of our stay. Great location and average price if you can put up with very small, noisy rooms & old bed.

• 5th May 2014

We arrived to stay at the District Hotel and were told that we were being moved to another hotel - I was a bit concerned as we were given no information and put in a taxi (paid for) and went to the new accommodation. This turned out to be The Eldion Luxury Suites and it was extremely well presented and wonderful to stay in, closer to attractions and we rated it very highly. I have no idea why we were moved but it was an amazing upgrade and we enjoyed The Eldion very much.

• 5th May 2014

Just north of the White House on map ,location is good, just a few blocks from the White House and on Capitol Hill, within walking distance .you can find, near a large supermarket shopping and dining convenience. Hotel facilities are very good, Hotel rates are reasonable. Recommended.

we were upgraded to a larger room upon arrival which was great...so I only have good things to say! breakfast was mostly carbs but filling nonetheless...wish was some fruit...also there were no tables to eat on..but a good value for the money!

• 2nd May 2014

We stayed for 6 nights at this hotel and had mixed thoughts. Although the location was excellent and the place was inexpensive sadly we had a very tiny room. There was no closet to hang our clothes and the walls were quite thin. Our room was clean though so I'd suggest this place if you're only passing through the city or do not need much room.

Place is good. Breakfast is yummy. Bus amenities are good.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Japan

Regular maintenance in rooms should be considered. In my room the one end of a curtain rail was loose and about to become unhinged from the wall. A glass shelve in the bathroom was about to suffer the same fate! Some of the staff members were simply unfriendly and unhelpful.

• 6th Apr 2014
  • South Africa

Some difference between the rooms.- some better than others If you want a cheap place close to the main tourist attractions this is the place... if you want nice and pretty go somewhere else. It is a city center hotel for little money - and that is what you get... That said, to me, this hotel was way better than expected... maybe because I am used to stay in cheap big city hotels (so I would go here again)

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Denmark

The only problem I encountered was slamming doors when other guests entered and exited their room. And when I say slam, I mean sudden, bone-jarring, startling SLAMS--especially at 7am. I talked to the people at the front desk. They were very nice, agreed with me, apologized and said they will look into it. Generally you know what that means. There are more than a couple of things they can do, if they really want to. We'll see.

Be sure to ask for a bigger room...not bed when therevarevtwo of you sharing.

• 10th Mar 2014
  • South Africa

It was not worth the money. the room was tiny, the toilet was broken, the hair dryer almost started a fire, the wifi is only available in the lobby and the breakfast costs additional 5 $. On top of that the staff is uninterester and uncooperative. the threw away one of our toothbrush caps (but not the other even though they were together) and when we asked them to hold our bags for the rest of the day when we checked out they left it in the main corridor for the whole day...

Great stay, good location, awesome free breakfast DIY waffles, pastries, muffins

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7