District Hotel Reviews

1440 Rhode Island Ave NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA

The only problem I encountered was slamming doors when other guests entered and exited their room. And when I say slam, I mean sudden, bone-jarring, startling SLAMS--especially at 7am. I talked to the people at the front desk. They were very nice, agreed with me, apologized and said they will look into it. Generally you know what that means. There are more than a couple of things they can do, if they really want to. We'll see.

Be sure to ask for a bigger room...not bed when therevarevtwo of you sharing.

• 10th Mar 2014
  • South Africa

It was not worth the money. the room was tiny, the toilet was broken, the hair dryer almost started a fire, the wifi is only available in the lobby and the breakfast costs additional 5 $. On top of that the staff is uninterester and uncooperative. the threw away one of our toothbrush caps (but not the other even though they were together) and when we asked them to hold our bags for the rest of the day when we checked out they left it in the main corridor for the whole day...

Great stay, good location, awesome free breakfast DIY waffles, pastries, muffins

- Very comfortable bed. -The breakfast is very good: bakery, fresh homemade waffels, cereals and coffee. - Situation is pretty good ( 15min. walking to the white house) - The only PROS, is that the subway is a 15 min. walking.

I have booked the hotel via your website with a deposit; but when i was in Washington to check in, my reservation were cancelled. i haven(t been refund of the deposit. Then is it possible for you to refund the desposit. Thanks and regards. Guillaume RIVIERE

• 28th Aug 2013

It is not far from the most visited tourist attractions in Washington, cheap rates but not very comfortable.

Small bedrooms

• 7th Aug 2013
  • Peru

Great location, walking distance to White House, beds extremely comfortable. I was a bit alarmed by the instruction on the back of my room door to keep the chain on for my security. Staff annoyed me before I even arrived for not responding to my email enquires. Overall though I was happy.

We booked 4 individual beds but only 2 double beds were available in a little room. The receptionist was very arrogant saying that the problem was exclusively motivated by the hostelworld website and and this situation was a common problem. In fact in a little visible area of the site it is said 4 beds = 2, but our reservation is clear: A ROOM WITH 4 BEDS. The breakfast was reasonable but after 8:45 the food runs out.

bathroom in dire need of renovating! there was a big hole in our bath

Overall we enjoyed our stay. Having breakfast was quite awkward with so few chairs and tables available.

• 5th Jan 2013

After the house keeper clean my room, I lost my pants. But everyone blamed others which was terrible. I lost my stuff but they did not care at all. And the room was so small and really different from the pictures they posted. Security was so sucks. I was so furious. I AM STONGLY RECOMMENDING YOU NOT TO GO THIS HOSTEL UNLEES YOU WANT TO MISS YOUR STUFF.

• 5th Jan 2013
  • South Korea

The Hotel is definitely in a very good location. You can reach the White House and the National Mall within minutes by foot! The Hotel itself is okay but they need to do some renovations. Our room was clean but it could look better!!! If you need a cheap hotel that's close to downtown then you should this one.

It's a really nice hotel, located a few blocks away from the White House and the Smithsonian, but they really need to replace the beds ASAP, and a few extratables to have breackfast on would be nice too.

Clerical error caused us to be moved to another hotel, however the manager paid for the cab and was apologetic. Good room, spacious. Elevator wasn't working. Small bathroom. Good for the money we paid though.

A bit expensive for the quality but given the location and breakfast I won't complain too much. Rooms were clean and comfortable enough. TV only got about 6 channels with bad reception but I didn't do much watching anyway.

Amazing location! And the wifi was really fast. Also, waffles every morning - yum!!!

• 5th Dec 2012

Great location, friendly staff, comfortable room. Very happy :)

• 28th Nov 2012

Our first room was very small. But after one night we could swap to a much bigger room that even had a balcony. This room was really wonderful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7