District Hotel

Very Good 515 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 31-40
29th Jun 2017
7.4

Staff needs a bit more customer service, overall it was a great area.

21st Jun 2017
5.1

When we tried to check in the first day, no one was there for 15+ minutes. After, he checked us in while talking on his personal phone. Booked a room for two queen beds, but the room we got was 2 full beds. It makes a huge difference in being able to share the bed when you're advertising a queen bed and all you get is a full. Additionally, room 418 smells like mold because its in the basement, not to mention the numerous cockroaches we saw scurrying around while we stayed.

• USA, Couple, 41+
19th Jun 2017

Such a lovely, fun stay in a quirky old hotel chock full of character with very friendly, helpful staff. Would happily stay there again

17th Jun 2017
7.1

Not as bad as I expected. Bed was loud but room was clean. Location was a 20-30 min walk to White House. Subway was about half way but subway didn't go very far. It's a hotel and not a hostel so don't expect to hang out or meet others. I did not attempt to use their internet until the last day from the lobby and it seemed quick. Never attempted to connect from room. It was the cheapest private I could find so it's more expensive than a hostel. I did not buy the breakfast.

• USA, Male, 31-40
14th Jun 2017
5.1

I was very disappointed no having a safety box. Also there was not a dresser drawers.

• USA, Male, 18-24
7.4

Few frills, but safe, clean, and located well enough for the money. Within easy walking distance of several metro stations (McPherson Square in particular for the orange, blue, and silver lines). Much of the staff clearly spoke English as a second language, preventing me from claiming back a day that I was not allowed to stay after my reservation was accidentally cancelled. Other than that, pretty good place to stay for a few weeks.

• USA, Couple, 41+
5th Jun 2017

Super convenient to the bus route to the capitol and all museums.

• USA, Male, 41+
4.3

I checked in on Monday afternoon to find out that the hotel was having electrical issues. They said that they e-mailed me this information early that morning, but I advised them that I had already left. If they called earlier, then my husband would had been able to call me after I landed in D C. Anyway, enough of that little miss understanding. I have stayed at this hotel sever times, but it has really gone down hill since about 8 years ago. My beef is with the Embassy Inn.

• USA, Female, 41+
19th May 2017

When we arrived the room we got was not to our satisfaction. We were then given a different room that was very nice and comfortable. The staff was very accommodating. I will see myself staying there again.

• USA, Female, 41+
11th May 2017
7.7

The rooms are very old and out dated. It was convenient to lots of places.