Divanga Bed & Breakfast Reviews

Calle 12 No4-07, Taganga,Santa Marta, Taganga, Colombia

No aircon in room fans not enough for dorms. Great food

Thank you for your comment that makes it clear for everybody that when you book a bed in dorm with fan you don't get aircon! We gave you what you booked and I don't consider fair of you to blame us about this althrough you could have booked a dorm with aircon if you wanted this! Thank you for appreciating our food,we do our best! Cheers, Lucie

Pros: Air conditioning in the 7 bed dorm Very nice pool Very clean hostel Good bar pricy see below Good relaxed atmosphere Cons: Extremely pricy bar and restaurant but did let us bring in drinks. However, we had to drink them in one area. $4000 for a small Aguila bottle and $5000 for Club Colombia. Extra items were charged to our bill during our stay, which we had to get removed. No lockers in 7 bed dorm

Great hostal. Very socialable and welcoming. Food was perhaps the best hostel food I've had this trip. Onsite bar was handy too. Great place to stay to chill or to use as a base for nearby sites and activities. Staff were brilliant...it almost makes travelling too easy and I found it hard to eventually leave. Highly recommended. Laurie

One of the nicest places I have ever stayed, the staff were super helpful and polite. It was also very reasonably priced and the food was unbelievable. Would 100% recommend this to anyone travelling through taganga!

The hostel is very welcoming and has a super relaxed atmosphere. Great breakfast, great pool, nice staff and very nice, colorful rooms. They provide a storage option for people who are heading to Tayrona and want to leave they're backpacks. They don't charge anything for that, which I think is really nice. The restaurant is good as well, we found the prices to be quite normal.

Very helpful and friendly staff Gina was very knowledgeable about the local area.

• 27th Jun 2015

Friendly staff, and the food is up with the best I've had in S America. Bar closes at 10 so it's really good if you want to chill. Decent, clean pool which is needed in that heat! Only problem was their computer system, a group of 4 of us put all meals and drinks on our tabs for days, but when it came to paying up we had to go through everything ourselves as stuff had been mixed up. Would definitely stay again.

Really great hostel. Calm, social. Small enough to feel friendly, and the incredible front desk staff makes everyone feel welcome and cared about. The walk to the beach is about 10 mins, and most other hostels are closer- but the ambiance, food, and amenities here more than make up for it. Pool and common areas are welcoming. Thank you!

Great food and drinks. Also really nice pool! A perfect place to use as a base to explore north of Colombia.

Nice hostel with good food and pool. Would be nice if the (private) rooms would have air con.

Really cool hostel with a great restaurant, great swimming pool and fantastic atmosphere

nice place, not to sure I'm to impressed with taganga but thats just personal preference, the hostel is probably one of if not the best here and the food although not to cheap is by far the best. coming to taganga id definitely stay again

The food at the hostel is somewhat expensive, the drinks also. And there's not a lot choice in town for dinner. But there's a fridge upstairs you can sneak rum and coke into though, so that helps keep costs down. It's a nice clean hostel with atmosphere and a good pool.

Good place to rest, with good restaurant and breakfast (even if it's according to the text) not included in the price for a dorm! Helpful, friendly staff .... thanks!

Divenga is like a big family, I was so nervous coming here on my own but within a couple of hours the staff had me under their wing & I was never alone for my entire stay. The rooms, common areas, bar & restaurant is to an exceptional standard for a reasonable price but it was the people that made my time in Taganga so much fun!

Divanga BB was an amazing place to stay. We were welcomed warmly there. We had booked the wrong night, but although the hostel was full this night they organized us another place to stay and invited us to use their facilities from the next morning and also until the evening after our stay. The rooms are very nice and clean, also the restaurant there has really great food. So I can highly recommend to stay in this place.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Austria

The hostel itself is very good and I would have no problem staying here again. The staff need to be much more organised, communicate better, and invest in s computerised system for tabs.

A great hostel. Super clean, great facilities, lots of space in the dorm room and the bathroom was large too. Lots of attention to detail which is something you don't find often in hostels. The pool is great. Staff super friendly and helpful. Lacks a bit of atmosphere, a tip could be to organise a weekly party or something to spice things up - its usually very quiet. And the restaurant prices are not really fit for backpackers - lower the prices and more people will eat there for sure!

I stayed there with my 8 year old son while we explored Ciudad Perdida and Tayrona National Park. We loved the hostel, it had a relaxing vibe and great facilities including the pool, the bar and lock up facilities for our stuff when we were out hiking and camping. I would stay there again and recommend it highly!

very good hostel with a super service