Divanga Bed & Breakfast Reviews

Calle 12 No4-07, Taganga,Santa Marta, Taganga, Colombia

A friend stayed here a few years ago and recommended it to me should I ever be passing by. I wasn't disappointed. Friendly staff, awesome pool, great food and bar. Some comments I've read on here seem very churlish and unjust. If you want breakfast, just ask for it. If you want a five star hotel, stay at the Hilton in Bogota! For me it was perfect. On my last day I walked to the ATM, then checked out. Paid cash. No issues.

Excellent, nice, quiet hostel in Taganga. Owner/operators are great and very helpful. No access to the kitchen, which is staff only to sell you dinner. Pool is nice, hammocks etc, very nice to relax. Only negative is that by like 11pm or so the hostel is completely quiet and shut down, DEFINITELY NOT a party hostel.

Divinga was wonderful! Very helpful staff, very communicative and mostly spoke English. Also the pool area is lovely as is the roof deck bar and restaurant. I felt like there were things going on and it was moderately loud at times but nothing too bad. Would highly recommend!

This hostel isn't as nice as the reviews make it out to be. A private room is not in anyways luxury and is not worth the extra money. It is a bit away from the beach and up a road that isn't great at nighttime. The water (even when the additional pump was turned on) was no more than a trickle. Despite being away from the beach it was exceptionally loud; we felt like we were sleeping in a nightclub because the neighbours played extremely loud music until 5 am each night.

Hello, First of all I thank you for your comment because it is the opportunity to remind everybody that Divanga is a hostel offering good facilities in the frame of hostel standards. I am surprised that you choose a hostel if you wanted luxury while you got generous breakfast, good bed, excellent fan, private bathroom and shower. I'm sorry for what you felt about the music but you were having Christmas on the Colombian Caribean coast: it is NOISY!! Thanks for informing!! Cheers

Great spot. Really nice staff. Tasty breakfast. Nice rooms. Cool bar. Pool was a little dirty and the water in the bathroom was far from reliable, but overall very pleased.

Brilliant hostel, really couldn't fins something to complain about if I tried! So so great. Loved the swimming pool and hammocks and bar and pool and room and bathrooms.

Good information about the stay and the village at check-in. We appreciated the oportunity to leave the luggage at a safe location in the hostal while traveling to Tayrona. Also, it was nice to add both the bar and restaurant tab to the total bill for check-out. On the negative side, the wifi was unstable and the water in the pool was a bit dirty at the end of our stay. In total it was a very good experience staying at Your Place. Thanx

Wonderful hostel with very helpful staff! Comfy beds, good showers, pool, nice food, cool bar. Very good choice for Taganga!

Beautiful hostel in a very chilled setting. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The menu sounded amazing but a little too expensive for a backpacker budget!

Very well run, very friendly and plenty of facilities. Quiet enough while I was there. Pool, free coffee and water as well as a nice roof top bar.

Great and supportive staff

When we checked out we were told that we had been placed into a more expensive room type than we booked without our knowledge. This was their mistake which they admitted. However they still insisted that we pay the higher price. If they make a mistake it shouldnt be the customer that has to pay. It was a shame as otherwise it is really nice hostel with a lovely pool, good food and friendly staff.

Hello I'm sorry you had to pay 2.5 dollars more to get a private room with private bathroom and great air conditioning! Nevertheless, all our rooms have both fans and aircon, you can choose. I am wondering why you took the control of the aircon and used it, if you knew you had chosen our lowest rate with fan. It doesn't look like a "mistake" to me. And putting us "1" for rating our helpful and friendly staff doesn't seem fair to me either! Regards, Lucie the owner

Very nice place, with a delicious restaurant! Very nice to relax on the swimming pool! Staff very friendly Thanks Lucie and team

Great place to relax and be lazy in this sleepy fishing town. The swimming pool, hammocks, TV area, and great food all make you want to extend your stay way past your original departure date. The owner and her family and the other staff all provide excellent service and make sure you have the best time while staying there.

The hostel doesn't have an atmosphere. It is hard to meet people. If you're a single traveler, you'll get bored here. The rooms are clean and nice.

Hello I am sorry you couldn't make friends at Divanga, usually people like to meet there as our little bar keeps busy every night. I hope you are luckier in along your trip! Cheers, Lucie

I stayed at Divanga B

Very good staff and nice bar for food and drinks. good place to leave stuff for Tayrona and Ciudad Perdida. nice pool (though could have been cleaned a bit more regularly). nice rooms and seemed good value compared to other options. would stay here again.

Hostel people are super helpful in explaining evth. Food was realy good, but a bit overpriced. It seemed to accomodate more couples than other Tatanga hostels, hence it was very quite in the evening.

Great stay. Good vibe, helpful welcoming staff. A good breakfast and free drinking water.

Lucie (the owner) is absolutely incredible - as well as the rest of the staff. You can tell everyone here really cares. They give awesome recommendations. The water in Taganga is not safe to drink - at this hostel they give you free water because they care about your health - I heard that was not the case at other hostels. Cool atmosphere - everyone just hangs out by the pool in mornings/evenings so you can meet everyone easily. This is probably my favorite place I've ever stayed at.