Divanga Bed & Breakfast Reviews

Calle 12 No4-07, Taganga,Santa Marta, Taganga, Colombia

Really cool hostel with a great restaurant, great swimming pool and fantastic atmosphere

nice place, not to sure I'm to impressed with taganga but thats just personal preference, the hostel is probably one of if not the best here and the food although not to cheap is by far the best. coming to taganga id definitely stay again

• 11th May 2015

Good place to rest, with good restaurant and breakfast (even if it's according to the text) not included in the price for a dorm! Helpful, friendly staff .... thanks!

Divenga is like a big family, I was so nervous coming here on my own but within a couple of hours the staff had me under their wing & I was never alone for my entire stay. The rooms, common areas, bar & restaurant is to an exceptional standard for a reasonable price but it was the people that made my time in Taganga so much fun!

Divanga BB was an amazing place to stay. We were welcomed warmly there. We had booked the wrong night, but although the hostel was full this night they organized us another place to stay and invited us to use their facilities from the next morning and also until the evening after our stay. The rooms are very nice and clean, also the restaurant there has really great food. So I can highly recommend to stay in this place.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Austria

The hostel itself is very good and I would have no problem staying here again. The staff need to be much more organised, communicate better, and invest in s computerised system for tabs.

A great hostel. Super clean, great facilities, lots of space in the dorm room and the bathroom was large too. Lots of attention to detail which is something you don't find often in hostels. The pool is great. Staff super friendly and helpful. Lacks a bit of atmosphere, a tip could be to organise a weekly party or something to spice things up - its usually very quiet. And the restaurant prices are not really fit for backpackers - lower the prices and more people will eat there for sure!

I stayed there with my 8 year old son while we explored Ciudad Perdida and Tayrona National Park. We loved the hostel, it had a relaxing vibe and great facilities including the pool, the bar and lock up facilities for our stuff when we were out hiking and camping. I would stay there again and recommend it highly!

very good hostel with a super service

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Russia

Good hostel to stay for a while and relax. It's one of those places where you notice that the owners care about their guests. You can see that a lot of thought has gone into a lot of little things around the hostel and you can always see someone fixing or adding something. The food isn't cheap but the prices are fair and it's good and plenty. If you feel lazy you don't even need to go to the beach. You can just chill by the pool or enjoy a little breeze and a nice view on the roof terrace.

You can't beat this hostel. Pool table on the upstairs porch, breakfast was good, very clean, pool was nice, they have two bars, they supply drinking water whenever you need it, staff was great. All around A+. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Excellent hostel, great staff, nice pool / bar and great place to meet fellow travellers!

• 8th Mar 2015

Thank you great travellers too!!

Good price, helpful staff. Hostel was a 5min walk from the beach.

Nice AC dorm in what is more like a boutique hotel rather than a hostel. Downside.. no lockers in the dorm.

Amazing place to stay!

A friend stayed here a few years ago and recommended it to me should I ever be passing by. I wasn't disappointed. Friendly staff, awesome pool, great food and bar. Some comments I've read on here seem very churlish and unjust. If you want breakfast, just ask for it. If you want a five star hotel, stay at the Hilton in Bogota! For me it was perfect. On my last day I walked to the ATM, then checked out. Paid cash. No issues.

Great place. Very helpful staff. A nice pool and good restaurant

Excellent, nice, quiet hostel in Taganga. Owner/operators are great and very helpful. No access to the kitchen, which is staff only to sell you dinner. Pool is nice, hammocks etc, very nice to relax. Only negative is that by like 11pm or so the hostel is completely quiet and shut down, DEFINITELY NOT a party hostel.

Divinga was wonderful! Very helpful staff, very communicative and mostly spoke English. Also the pool area is lovely as is the roof deck bar and restaurant. I felt like there were things going on and it was moderately loud at times but nothing too bad. Would highly recommend!

This hostel isn't as nice as the reviews make it out to be. A private room is not in anyways luxury and is not worth the extra money. It is a bit away from the beach and up a road that isn't great at nighttime. The water (even when the additional pump was turned on) was no more than a trickle. Despite being away from the beach it was exceptionally loud; we felt like we were sleeping in a nightclub because the neighbours played extremely loud music until 5 am each night.

Hello, First of all I thank you for your comment because it is the opportunity to remind everybody that Divanga is a hostel offering good facilities in the frame of hostel standards. I am surprised that you choose a hostel if you wanted luxury while you got generous breakfast, good bed, excellent fan, private bathroom and shower. I'm sorry for what you felt about the music but you were having Christmas on the Colombian Caribean coast: it is NOISY!! Thanks for informing!! Cheers