Divanga Bed & Breakfast Reviews

Calle 12 No4-07, Taganga,Santa Marta, Taganga, Colombia

Good hostel to stay for a while and relax. It's one of those places where you notice that the owners care about their guests. You can see that a lot of thought has gone into a lot of little things around the hostel and you can always see someone fixing or adding something. The food isn't cheap but the prices are fair and it's good and plenty. If you feel lazy you don't even need to go to the beach. You can just chill by the pool or enjoy a little breeze and a nice view on the roof terrace.

You can't beat this hostel. Pool table on the upstairs porch, breakfast was good, very clean, pool was nice, they have two bars, they supply drinking water whenever you need it, staff was great. All around A+. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Excellent hostel, great staff, nice pool / bar and great place to meet fellow travellers!

• 8th Mar 2015

Thank you great travellers too!!

Good price, helpful staff. Hostel was a 5min walk from the beach.

Amazing place to stay!

A friend stayed here a few years ago and recommended it to me should I ever be passing by. I wasn't disappointed. Friendly staff, awesome pool, great food and bar. Some comments I've read on here seem very churlish and unjust. If you want breakfast, just ask for it. If you want a five star hotel, stay at the Hilton in Bogota! For me it was perfect. On my last day I walked to the ATM, then checked out. Paid cash. No issues.

Great place. Very helpful staff. A nice pool and good restaurant

Excellent, nice, quiet hostel in Taganga. Owner/operators are great and very helpful. No access to the kitchen, which is staff only to sell you dinner. Pool is nice, hammocks etc, very nice to relax. Only negative is that by like 11pm or so the hostel is completely quiet and shut down, DEFINITELY NOT a party hostel.

Divinga was wonderful! Very helpful staff, very communicative and mostly spoke English. Also the pool area is lovely as is the roof deck bar and restaurant. I felt like there were things going on and it was moderately loud at times but nothing too bad. Would highly recommend!

This hostel isn't as nice as the reviews make it out to be. A private room is not in anyways luxury and is not worth the extra money. It is a bit away from the beach and up a road that isn't great at nighttime. The water (even when the additional pump was turned on) was no more than a trickle. Despite being away from the beach it was exceptionally loud; we felt like we were sleeping in a nightclub because the neighbours played extremely loud music until 5 am each night.

Hello, First of all I thank you for your comment because it is the opportunity to remind everybody that Divanga is a hostel offering good facilities in the frame of hostel standards. I am surprised that you choose a hostel if you wanted luxury while you got generous breakfast, good bed, excellent fan, private bathroom and shower. I'm sorry for what you felt about the music but you were having Christmas on the Colombian Caribean coast: it is NOISY!! Thanks for informing!! Cheers

Great spot. Really nice staff. Tasty breakfast. Nice rooms. Cool bar. Pool was a little dirty and the water in the bathroom was far from reliable, but overall very pleased.

Brilliant hostel, really couldn't fins something to complain about if I tried! So so great. Loved the swimming pool and hammocks and bar and pool and room and bathrooms.

Good information about the stay and the village at check-in. We appreciated the oportunity to leave the luggage at a safe location in the hostal while traveling to Tayrona. Also, it was nice to add both the bar and restaurant tab to the total bill for check-out. On the negative side, the wifi was unstable and the water in the pool was a bit dirty at the end of our stay. In total it was a very good experience staying at Your Place. Thanx

Wonderful hostel with very helpful staff! Comfy beds, good showers, pool, nice food, cool bar. Very good choice for Taganga!

Beautiful hostel in a very chilled setting. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The menu sounded amazing but a little too expensive for a backpacker budget!

Very well run, very friendly and plenty of facilities. Quiet enough while I was there. Pool, free coffee and water as well as a nice roof top bar.

Great and supportive staff

When we checked out we were told that we had been placed into a more expensive room type than we booked without our knowledge. This was their mistake which they admitted. However they still insisted that we pay the higher price. If they make a mistake it shouldnt be the customer that has to pay. It was a shame as otherwise it is really nice hostel with a lovely pool, good food and friendly staff.

Hello I'm sorry you had to pay 2.5 dollars more to get a private room with private bathroom and great air conditioning! Nevertheless, all our rooms have both fans and aircon, you can choose. I am wondering why you took the control of the aircon and used it, if you knew you had chosen our lowest rate with fan. It doesn't look like a "mistake" to me. And putting us "1" for rating our helpful and friendly staff doesn't seem fair to me either! Regards, Lucie the owner

Very nice place, with a delicious restaurant! Very nice to relax on the swimming pool! Staff very friendly Thanks Lucie and team

Great place to relax and be lazy in this sleepy fishing town. The swimming pool, hammocks, TV area, and great food all make you want to extend your stay way past your original departure date. The owner and her family and the other staff all provide excellent service and make sure you have the best time while staying there.