Dixo's Oporto Hostel Reviews

Rua Mouzinho da Silveira 72, Porto, Portugal

A very nice hostel with friendly and helpfull staff and the best view over Porto from the roof terrace!! :)

• 3rd Jul 2015

My friends and I had a great stay at Dixo's. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hostel is a short walk away from most of the sights of Porto. We stayed in an 8-person room, which was partitioned into 2 sections with 4 beds each. The kitchen is on the top floor, and Porto naturally has many hills, so get ready for some exercise! When I come back to Porto I will certainly stay here again, it is an incredible value for your money. Thanks Dixo's!

We really enjoyed our stay at Dixo's. The staff were helpful and very friendly, especially with recommendations restaurants and places to check out. The location was amazing- close to the train station and in the downtown area. The only cons were the bathrooms were a little dirty and the beds weren't the most comfortable. Other than those minor things, we would definitely recommend this place to other travelers.

• 22nd Jun 2015

I stayed at Dixo's for São Joao festival recently and it was absolutely amazing. The hostel is in the perfect location to the waterfront which is a great place to spend time in Porto, and only a short uphill walk to other key sights. The hostel was immaculately clean, staff all super friendly, great facilities, and a really comfortable easygoing atmosphere. The Festival was amazing but made even more fun by my stay at Dixo's, I would highly recommend this hostel for a great stay in Oporto!

The staff were great, really friendly and helpful. The breakfast room was amazing, and nice bright and open space with good selection. The location was perfect for my needs, however the is street noise and the bedroom I stayed in was like a greenhouse so we had the windows open fully day and night, but then it was 34 degrees....

Best staff. Except tiny showerroom everything was just perfect I Would definatly go back when if i'm back in Porto.

The best hostel I've ever stayed at. It got even better with the pleasant surprise of the roof top terrace with the view of Ribeira, Rio Douro, and Vila Nova de Gaia. Not much in the way of breakfast but the bathroom hygiene was good, wifi was great, and the language skills and hospitable nature of the employees there were excellent. Might as well mention it has play station 2, some old games and classic films like pulp fiction that you are free to watch in the lobby. Pub crawl was amazing too.

GrGreat hostelhostel and staff!

The value for money would normally be excellent too but I was there during a big concert and prices doubled.

Beautiful old building in a great location in Porto. The toof top patio has magnificent views of the city and the river. A lovely place to sit and read. The staff were fantastic, wish I could jbe stayed longer!

• 2nd Jun 2015

Everything was great...specially the staff was so friendly and welcoming. Even prepared the breakfest at 5 o`clock because of early fligth :) Thank you :)

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Latvia

The view from the terrace is totally breathtaking and having a morning coffee there is one of the best ways to start a day! The decor of the whole hostel is so cute that it was barely impossible to check out! If I'm back to Porto I'll definitely return to this hostel! :D

• 29th May 2015
  • Poland

Staff was super friendly and helpful. Rooms and bathrooms were clean and the location was near the river. I loved my stay here!

Great! thank you very much, the staff was sincerely willing to help and answer any kind of questions. The location is really great. The showers were a bit small, but otherwise everything was exactly what i needed.

It was one of the best hostels i ve been to. The staffs were really kind and everything was perfect. Especially the location and the view which i can see in the kitchen is very very nice. Thank you so much.

Great hostel in a great part of town. You are walking distance to pretty much everything you want to see in Porto. The staff are helpful with whatever you need and were always friendly!

Great location, staff, suggestions for where to go/see/and eat! Highly recommend staying here!

Having a bar would be awesome but otherwise it was an amazing stay, everything was great.

• 17th May 2015
  • South Africa

Excellent place to stay in Porto. Staff was really friendly and had always good advice. Would definitely recommend it.

It was a great hostel, the staff was very friendly, fun and with very very nice advices to share! Bathrooms were clean and dorm rooms big enough. One night we had an overbooking in the room, and we paid less than the normal price. Nice people as well!

« first « Prev 1 2 3