Dixo's Oporto Hostel Reviews

Rua Mouzinho da Silveira 72, Porto, Portugal

Had an amazing stay at Dixos hostel last weekend. Dixos has the friendliest, most helpful staff I've ever experienced, they will go out of their way to ensure you have a great stay. On top of that our room was clean and spacious with comfy beds. Each room comes with a locker and a key so you don't have to bring a lock. Bathrooms are always clean. Breakfast is decent. Best part of the hostel is the rooftop terrace where we spent every night watching the sunset with a bottle of wine.

One of the best places I've ever stayed and felt like home. The whole hostel was clean and the staff made our trip - they were friendly and knowledgable. They also have a great amount of security measures in places, even though the city didn't feel unsafe it was a nice to have those in place.

It was really good hostel I've ever been. the staff, atmosphere, location....... everything is perfect.~!!! I really recommand you.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

We really enjoyed our stay at Dixo's! The staff were super friendly and helpful, the rooms were secure and comfortable, the kitchen was fully equipped, and you can't beat the view from the terrace overlooking the river. We felt at home during our stay at Dixo's. Would certainly recommend the hostel for anyone who's planning to visit Porto. Dixo's is a great deal for the money!

• 20th Mar 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Such hospitable staff and clean facilities. We loved having access to the porch!

• 14th Mar 2014

It is located in near the river. It's only 5 minutes walk to the river.

• 13th Mar 2014

Great place with a great view of Porto from the terrace. Its very close to the train stain and the river which made it convenient. Staff was very helpful.

i love it

• 6th Mar 2014

Outstanding hostel! !

• 2nd Mar 2014

My second time at Dixo´s. Great Staff, excellent common room - i´ll come back for sure!

Dixo's is a little gem, spent 4 nights here and loved every single one of it! The hostel is super cosy and beautifully decorated, beds are comfortable and come with secure lockers. Clean bathrooms on two floors...and most importantly extremly friendly and helpful staff that go out of their way to make your stay unforgettable. Rooftop terrace is fantastic too, you can catch some great views over Porto from up there. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to everyone going to Porto!

Helpfull staff, clean bathrooms. Good free breakfast. Awesome terrace and good kitchen. Not enough blankets ( the building is cold ), but the rooms have air heater. I stayed in the double room with shared bathroom on 2nd floor.

The space of the shower booth was too small. And there is no elevator. It was so hard to carry heavy baggage to upstairs.

This hostel is the best that i ve ever stayed. Its really wide and clean and good atmosphere! I wanna go once again;)

• 28th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Beautiful location, well refurbished old building. Especially beautiful the top floor and dining area. Fresh tasty bread at breakfast.

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Portugal

If you come to Porto, this is the hostel to stay! Very cozy, friendly staff, perfect location! I made very good friends here. Joana, the owner, makes you feel like family! As all the staff! The best choice in Porto! I definitely recommend it.

I love the radiator in the room:)

I am 70 and have stayed in business hotels all over the world; so I had to tolerate my tiny room (tho with fabulous view),the bathroom on a floor below, and basic breakfast. That said, the location was perfect, the roof terrace with amazing view a real bonus, the building has a lovely old-world atmosphere, everything was spotlessly clean (cleaner than some of those smart hotels I mentioned), and the staff could not have been more friendly and kind. Dixo's is like home! A happy experience.

• 21st Nov 2013

One of the most beautiful hostels I've ever been to. Loved the breakfast on the terrace enjoying a great view!

The hostel was in a great location. Close to the river and all cool sightseeing spots, they even organised walking and wine tours in the city. The staff were nice and friendly and the rooftop terrace was a great place for breakfast and evening drinks. The shared bathrooms were pretty small and may need a bit more attention when it comes to topping up supplies. But other than that it was a great stay!