Dixo's Oporto Hostel Reviews

Rua Mouzinho da Silveira 72, Porto, Portugal

It is just a couple of step away from Sao Bento train station. Everywhere is just in a walking distance..I really offer anyone to go to Porto this Hostel...

I am so happy to have spend my time in Porto at Dixo's and I already miss it as if it was my second home :) SOON to be back!

• 26th Feb 2015

sometimes no hot water when I showering !

Perfect Hostel!

• 20th Feb 2015

Great hostel. Only thing I miss is laundry facilities in the hostel.

The hostel is definitely a bang for your buck. You cannot beat the price and the location. It also has a lovely kitchen/dinning area with a rooftop terrace that has great views of the city. I must note that the bathrooms were extremely clean, which is a great plus when staying at a hostel.

• 6th Feb 2015

pretty hostel, in the center of Porto, all is good, recommended

This is the sweetest small hostel ever! Staff was very friendly, dorms and restrooms were ok and the top floor, where they serve breakfast, it's really cute! I'd stay there again and I'd recommend this hostel.

Muito obrigado pela estadia, amei o lugar!

Great hostel but they'll charge you the exorbitant rate of €10 if you loose your key card.

It was a great experience!The staff is very nice, polite and helpful.I went with a friend and we had our own tour planed but the hostel has lots of activities-we were there from the 30th of dec until de 2nd of jan and they even planned a New Year's Dinner! =) The view from the terrace it's something amazing.The facilities are super clean (and when they's not it's not staffs fault),it's right in front of the Palácio da Bolsa, near Ribeira, S.Bento metro and train and Av. dos Aliados! I'll be back

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Portugal

Generally not bad Hostel Advantages: stylish inside, location, breakfast (however quite poor choice), new linen and beds Disadvantages: they have electric boiler so often water is cold, toilets just on 1,2 flour, wi-fi just in common area, we stayed in a double room which is really small (2m squared) and not furniture (just bed no shelf or chair or even small bed table) As well they have terrace decide yourself where to put it.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Ukraine

WiFi does not work upstairs. This is annoying because the kitchen is on the top (5th) floor, reception with WiFi on the bottom. It also prevents room wifi. The staff don't know where the router is so they can't even reset it. The entrance isn't obvious. There is a small sign next to a door facing the street. Some people found it cold, they didn't have enough heaters for all the rooms. Otherwise a nice hostel and I enjoyed my stay. I Slept well

I felt very much welcome and at home here. It is the perfect location. Awesome rooftop view. Friendly wonderful staff. Very clean and great atmosphere. Ideally situated. Historical charm. Lockers under bed and great blankets. I wish the doors were not so noisy to close and I hope the computer is soon available. Thank you for an awesome stay. I will be back!

I loved stay at Dixo's, everything there was great! The bedrooms are clean and confortable, the staffs are friendly and helpful, the bathrooms are always clean, the kitchen is really good and for me, the special space is the rooftop, there is a great view of the city and you can stay there enjoying the view while you drink a beer (Super bock, Portuguese beer). The atmosphere are great and similar with Brazil (reduced a little my homesickness). Thank you so much, Dixo's ;). Ah, great breakfast!

Nice and beautyfull place! Confortable beds and delicious breakfast.

I loved being in that Hostel, and the staff was also great. Congratulations for a wonderful experience.

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 31-40

We were missing only sockets in our room to charge our phones. Otherwise everything was very nice!

It's a hostel really cool and adorable. I like it so much! The electronic locker is another thing that I am happy with. Great price and truly good location. I love your terrace! The problem is that the hot water is a little bit cool, and the signal of WIFI is too weak upstairs.

The best hostel in the world I have ever stayed at. FANTASTIC, beautiful hostel with the most courteous, genuine, and helpful staff. I would (will!) come back to Portugal just to stay here again

• 5th Dec 2014