Dixo's Oporto Hostel Reviews

Rua Mouzinho da Silveira 72, Porto, Portugal

Nice place, easy to access everything from.

Really cool hostel. Great location, great breakfast, and the view from the terrace is just amazing.

The staff were super helpful and their recommendations were spot on. Location couldn't have been better, and the facilities were great.

Unfortunately I do not have great things to say about this hostel. The twin room was tiny, barely enough room for our luggage. The hostel was very noisy, others staying in the hostel continuously slammed doors and any noise was easily heard due to the open staircase. The toilets/showers were not great, doors did not lock properly and there was not much privacy. Whilst the staff were very nice and helpful, the facilities and layout of the hostel were very poor and we did not sleep well at all.

Such a stylish retro interior, very friendly staff. Everything was perfect.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Estonia

I would like if they had laudnry facilities at the hostel. Then I would stay for a longer period. They do have the possibilty ft sending out cltohes for laundry but this is relatively expensive. Apart from that this must be one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in.

Very cool hostel!!

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Croatia

I would say that the best point is the location. In Porto you walk up and down all the time, and the hostel is in between. Close to the tube station, to the center and to the river. As I read in another review, the shower is quite small, but at the same time, I could use the whole bathroom due to the fact that there was no one around. There isn't any lift, so be careful with the weight of your luggage. Despite that, the paints on the stairs are lovely.

Very good location, nice staff, clean.

Great Hostel. Amazing View from the rooftop terrace

Good Location ,Staff were helpful and friendly.

• 9th Jun 2014

Wonderful staff, great location, chill vibes

• 7th Jun 2014

The staff and location were great. The showers were almost cold though.

We really loved this hostel! Nice people, nice atmosphere, nice terrace on the roof. It was also nice that we could buy cheap beers and soft drinks at the reception and pay afterwards. For me it was one of the best hostels I've ever visited. I can't say anything bad about it.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Amazing hostel. Stay here.

Excellent!, just had some issues with the wi-fi connection. Also, the breakfast is very limited, just bread, cereal and beverages. Would have loves some fruit, though.

• 30th May 2014
  • Mexico

Hello, I stayed Dixo's hostel about a month ago, and I really wanted to say thank you for your kindness...!!! Because of you guys, I could make best memories when I stayed in Porto. and also, I could eat best francesinha :-) If I go to Porto again, I really want to stay at your hostel again.

Really nice hostel. It is close of everything, clean, cheap, good breakfast, kind staff and good rooms. You will not regret.

Our stay at dixo's oporto was excellent as usual :) Location is the best, local terrace with great view, tasty bread at breakfast. Really nice and helpful staff. You should join one of the free walking tour it's worth it! Highly recommend!

I just want to say 'It was owesome'

• 15th May 2014