Dixo's Oporto Hostel Reviews

Rua Mouzinho da Silveira 72, Porto, Portugal

Good hostel all around. The atmosphere was a bit dull however.

The first impression is of a cool hostel where all the painting and decoration involves you in a very worm environment. The location and the view of the roof is just amazing, perfect. The activities they offer like guided tours and pub crawls made the experience even better! I would invest a little more on the breakfast, but I also would like to congratulate all the staff for the good work, smiles and will to help. See you again!

• 14th Aug 2014

Good hostel close to everything. Great view from the roof. Didn't like that the restrooms were one floor above or below so going to the toilet in the middle of the night requires stairs eithe way as there was none on the same floor. Get used to climbing stairs I you stay here as the breakfast is in the kitchen on the 6th floor. Then back and forth to your room, the lobby and the bathrooms = a hearty work out.

The staff were friendly and I went for thefree tour which was good-showed usthe main sites. The bathrooms were average- not much space and I think you would be waiting for the shower toilets there didn't seem to be enough although I only stayed for one night so it was OK. Also they should have more staff on reception- I had to wait for ages to be shown to my room and when I wanted to check out there was nobody at reception so I had to go right to the top floor where they were having breakfast.

Close to river and metro but a bit of a walk to centre areas - and it's all uphil from the hostel. located in a quieter area other than the seagulls that hung out by windows at night. No A/c ceiling fan would have been good. Staff was nice,Take advantage of the free walking tour and the port tours, they are worth it. Very clean common areas, but my friend and I woke up with bites every morning- . Never noticed Mosquitos, so not sure what they were from? Breakfast included was a bonus

The location is perfect for exploring Porto and I love the vintage mid-century modern feel. The views from the rooftop deck are wonderful. I appreciated the big luggage locker drawers. The day staff was nice and helpful and provided a few good insights, though the evening staff seemed as though they were just there to hold down the fort, not to help. Important to note: there are LOTS of stairs. Also, the bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner and rarely had any toilet paper.

Loved this place! So charming, loved everything the second I walked in. The balcony view is incredible. Great place to drink some coffee in morning and have some wine at night. The breakfast was nice and simple. Would definitely come back to this hostel and recommend it to others! Lovely place and staff went above and beyon

Thank you!

Loved this place! It is a small, cozy hostel with a lovely atmosphere. The staff was super nice and the rooms were clean. The hostel is situated by a busy street, so it might get a bit loud at times, but it's nothing a pair of ear plugs can't handle! I highly recommend this place if you're visiting Porto.

Dixo's was an excellent place from which to investigate Porto. While the place was not packed with common areas to hang out in (this was not a party hostel, but neither did I look for one), the hostel had character and everything worked. The staff were genuinely the most helpful one that I have encountered and I loved the wooden floors. Climbing the stairs after a tiring day can be a hassle, but then again they merely reflect the hilly nature of Porto itself.

Nice place, easy to access everything from.

Loved this hostel. Apart from no air con in the room and our room mates insisting on having the window/door shut which isn't the hostels fault. Lovely kitchen and roof top terrace and good living area for chilling out in. Visit Vinoteca the wine bar a couple of doors up. We went there everyday!

This is really a great place in a terrific location. The only reason I can't give it 5 stars across the board is because it's not air conditioned and it was hot in July and sleeping with the windows open was noisy. But overall the hostel is very clean and the staff is great. You can't beat the location.

This is a good hostel. Great location. Really good Breakfast. It was easy to meet people here and the walking tours are good. The staff were excellent and gave a great service.

Great stay. My bag was lost by my airline and they were very helpful with letting use the phone etc

Really cool hostel. Great location, great breakfast, and the view from the terrace is just amazing.

The staff were super helpful and their recommendations were spot on. Location couldn't have been better, and the facilities were great.

Unfortunately I do not have great things to say about this hostel. The twin room was tiny, barely enough room for our luggage. The hostel was very noisy, others staying in the hostel continuously slammed doors and any noise was easily heard due to the open staircase. The toilets/showers were not great, doors did not lock properly and there was not much privacy. Whilst the staff were very nice and helpful, the facilities and layout of the hostel were very poor and we did not sleep well at all.

Such a stylish retro interior, very friendly staff. Everything was perfect.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Estonia

I would like if they had laudnry facilities at the hostel. Then I would stay for a longer period. They do have the possibilty ft sending out cltohes for laundry but this is relatively expensive. Apart from that this must be one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in.

« first « Prev 1 2 3