Dixo's Oporto Hostel Reviews

Rua Mouzinho da Silveira 72, Porto, Portugal

The room was nice and cosy and everything else in the hostel was really nice but we thought the room was a bit overpriced (double room with shared bathroom) and the place was very noisy (we regularly use hostels and also dorms but we found this particularly noisy).

Everything about this hostel was amazing. It's located right in the middle of the city center, two minutes away from the riverfront. The tours organized by the hostel were fantastic. The best part about the hostel was the staff--the tour guides and the front desk workers. They were extremely friendly and unbelievably helpful, even organizing my airport shuttle and a special breakfast for me at 5am! The facilities were very clean and secure. I would definitely recommend staying at Dixo's.

• 10th Oct 2014

Excellent

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Great hostel, good staff, 6-female dorm is spacious and clean, good view to Hard Club and the river. Good breakfast, great view on the roof top, common room with tv and games. Downsides, the shower could be bigger; the upper beds in the dorm could have some place to put your stuff (like cellphone, water, etc) and a plug next to the upper bed as well. Expect lots of stairs, but that's quite normal at hostels, it's a good exercise to prepare yourself for the up and downs in Porto!

Location is perfect, very close to the river back and all the main attractions. The view from the terrace is unbeatable! Staff are very friendly and helpful. The 6-female dorm is spacious. The only downside is the female bathroom. The shower room is too small and there is no place to hang clothes and tower. In fact you can only undress and dress outside the shower room but then the door to the female bathroom has no lock...

What a lovely-well kept and managed place!We enjoyed every minute at Dixo's.Staff super friendly...dining/breakfast room and bathrooms fresh and clean.Lovely vibe and character filled decor-great location and amazing views from rooftop verandha.Definately 2 thumbs up from us:)

• 14th Sep 2014
  • South Africa
  • Couple, 41+

lovely views from the breakfast terrace. Helpfull, nice and caring stuff. Perfect location for a city walk or going out at night.

Everything was amazing, the only thing I didn't like was the inconvenience- the upper bed is extremely high, there was a it noise from the outside, the bathrooms were in a different floor, there are many floors and not elevator which makes the getting around with a suitcase very difficult (that's how is it generally in Portugal, I would recommend a backpack) It sounds a lot but it really is not, Dixo's Oporto is one of the best hostels ever.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Israel

There was no shower and bathroom in the top floor so had to go to the other floor. Also, the hair dryer didn't work in that floor.

방명록을 못 쓰고 왔네요. 그냥 다 좋았습니다. 하지만 샤워실은 너무 좁았어요. 조식도 생각보다 별로였네요 그리고 2층 침대는 콘센트가 없는 것도 불편했어요. 이것을 제외하고는 다 좋았어요

Lovely hostel would thoroughly recommend!!

• 31st Aug 2014

Breakfast at the roof top is excellent! Very nice view, and good standart breakfast!

Everything was perfectly good if I go to Porto again I'd like to stay as well.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Take advantage of the walking tours. They provide 4/day and each time shows a different part of the city. It's very clean and quiet and the bunk beds are sturdy and don't wobble every time you roll over. There is an airport shuttle for €6 that's picks up right at the front door, but when you book this, make sure you confirm the total. The guy at the front desk said he was getting us the shuttle but instead got us a taxi which cost €20.

• 26th Aug 2014

Roof top was really great to see the view. Staff was friendly!! Thank u for having me!!

Good hostel all around. The atmosphere was a bit dull however.

The first impression is of a cool hostel where all the painting and decoration involves you in a very worm environment. The location and the view of the roof is just amazing, perfect. The activities they offer like guided tours and pub crawls made the experience even better! I would invest a little more on the breakfast, but I also would like to congratulate all the staff for the good work, smiles and will to help. See you again!

• 14th Aug 2014

Good hostel close to everything. Great view from the roof. Didn't like that the restrooms were one floor above or below so going to the toilet in the middle of the night requires stairs eithe way as there was none on the same floor. Get used to climbing stairs I you stay here as the breakfast is in the kitchen on the 6th floor. Then back and forth to your room, the lobby and the bathrooms = a hearty work out.

The staff were friendly and I went for thefree tour which was good-showed usthe main sites. The bathrooms were average- not much space and I think you would be waiting for the shower toilets there didn't seem to be enough although I only stayed for one night so it was OK. Also they should have more staff on reception- I had to wait for ages to be shown to my room and when I wanted to check out there was nobody at reception so I had to go right to the top floor where they were having breakfast.

Close to river and metro but a bit of a walk to centre areas - and it's all uphil from the hostel. located in a quieter area other than the seagulls that hung out by windows at night. No A/c ceiling fan would have been good. Staff was nice,Take advantage of the free walking tour and the port tours, they are worth it. Very clean common areas, but my friend and I woke up with bites every morning- . Never noticed Mosquitos, so not sure what they were from? Breakfast included was a bonus

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4