Dixo's Oporto Hostel Reviews

Rua Mouzinho da Silveira 72, Porto, Portugal

I have stayed in some 25-30 hostels across Europe, and this hostel has to be the best that I have stayed in. Their tag line of - a home away from home - could not be more apt. Sarah was an excellent host and really helped us with directions and helped us feel at home. #besthostel

We loved our stay at Dixo's. Great rooms, comfy beds, excellent location and a rooftop terrace with views over the city. Really helpful and friendly staff; Paulo gave me a full tour of the hostel and all the info on what to do in Porto when I arrived at 1am! Only thing that could be improved was the showers, the shower head wasn't able to be attached to the wall.

Very good place! And kindly all staff lol

Great staff. A little noisy if you're looking for quiet. The mattress needed to be updated but the rest of the hostel was great! Kitchen was awesome and bathrooms were clean. The staff was so helpful!

• 8th Apr 2015

Really the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Beautiful roof terrace. Beautiful old building. Lovely interior. Always clean. Very friendly staff. They said it's your home away from home. It is! :) Hopefully coming back one day.

• 2nd Apr 2015

The location was brilliant! Really easy to get everywhere and the roof top views were fabulous. The staff were also friendly, chilled and helpful. My only issue was the 'wet dog' smell which lingered (mostly downstairs). Staff should try to resolve this because after a while it's irritating. All in all though, a really nice hostel.

Amazing staff. Special thanks to Sara and her good indications to main spots to see and enjoy. The Hostel in itself is very well located (near from beautiful monuments and also very good restaurants). You will find a terrace at the very last floor, which gives you a very nice view of Porto and the Dom Luis I Bridge.

The Staff were really helpful and gave great advice for absolutely everything. They have a boat tour and wine tour offered as well and it was amazing! I strongly recommend staying here. Super easy to find from the train station and airport.

Unfortunately I only had one night in this Hostel, but I enjoyed it heaps! Great atmosphere, nice staff, awesome rooms and nice kitchen/breakfast area. Someone had a remarkable sense for interior sense here. The view from the terrace is breathtaking :) Would come back anytime.

• 22nd Mar 2015

The best possible hostel. It's an incredible value, very clean, well decorated, great breakfast, perfect kitchen, amazing helpful friendly staff and they have 3 guitars if you play but by far the best part of this hostel is the terrace, from which you can see the D'Ouro, a beautiful park, the stellar sunsets, the entire town on the south side of the river, and the beautiful harry-potter-inspiring architecture of Porto. I' stayed at 3 other hostels in Porto before this one but I will def be back

Amazing hostel & friendly and helpful staff.. Nothing to complain

Overall had a really good trip to Porto and our time at the hostel was positive. However, we booked a private for two people for 40€ a night only to be shoved into a converted closet next to the laundry room. The room only fit bunk beds and a single chair. Very disappointing. Would have been happy with this room for a fairer rate. Our room did not lock which made us uncomfortable. The staff were all very friendly and the location is perfect.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Bahamas

Shower on 2nd floor (floor above reception): left shower door can not be locked right shower head is leaking Very nice room and I love the curtain in roob B (or 2 I don't remember) => it was the private room on this floor

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

I am fully satisfied with the hostel. Everything is clean, always coffee in the kitchen, a good breakfast, helpful staff, electronic lockers. The only thing is, if you haven't got considerate room mates, the door closes quite loud if you don't use your card.... And you should be aware that this is an old building which is really beautiful by the way, but you can hear the people outside of your room. I will definitely come back!

It is just a couple of step away from Sao Bento train station. Everywhere is just in a walking distance..I really offer anyone to go to Porto this Hostel...

I am so happy to have spend my time in Porto at Dixo's and I already miss it as if it was my second home :) SOON to be back!

• 26th Feb 2015

sometimes no hot water when I showering !

One of the best hostels I have been so far in Europe (and I have seen many since 2008). It is housed in a beautiful old mansion in the heart of the city, from the top you have a magnificent view on the river and the famous port wine distilleries. The hostel is lovely in every sense of the world. You feel at home right away. Also there is the cute little puppy called Snoopy running around and warming your heart even more! Honestly if you search a cheap and friendly place don't think: Just book.

Perfect Hostel!

• 20th Feb 2015

Great hostel. Only thing I miss is laundry facilities in the hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3