Dixo's Oporto Hostel Reviews

Rua Mouzinho da Silveira 72, Porto, Portugal

The bathrooms and showers were really unclean. And even worse, the two nights I stayed there, there was a lot of noise of people partying upstairs, until past 2 am. Obviously I don't mind other people having fun and obviously there will be some noise, but not after midnight, and not like that. It was impossible to sleep. During my stay, the hostel was fully booked, which might explain the noise and dirty bathrooms, but still, this is not what I paid for.

I had a wonderful weekend in Porto and greatly enjoyed my stay at Dixo's Hostel. Miguel and all the other staff were amazing! The hostel is very personal and secure with a staff member buzzing you in. I was given the necessary information for the hostel and suggestions for things to do, see and must eats. Room was clean and spacious with a comfortable bed. Loved the outdoor terrace and the beautiful view of the city. Location is central. Highly recommend! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

The room lock was not working for three days, without any compensation, but nothing was lost/stolen.

The staff are really lovely and very helpful. It's a quiet hostel, especially in the low season, but the rooms are clean, the kitchen is really well equipped and the location is great. Biggest issue was that the wifi doesn't work very well, it doesn't really reach the rooms.

The staff were great and knowledgeable Porto the areas. Our room was a good size had beautiful views. The beds were not most comfortable, however- I could feel the springs. Atmosphere was great and I loved meeting and going with the other hostellers! Also great breakfast spread.

Great old building but tastefully modernised. Really helpful staff whenever we asked for information. Perhaps more hanging space/hooks for drying out wet gear in the second floor double room.

• 30th Dec 2015

I absolutely loved this hostel! The staff was tremendous and helped a lot! It was clean and I would recommend it to anyone!

Situated in the most convenient placeof the city, with very friendy staff and nice facilities.

Very clean hostel, great staff and localization!

• 17th Dec 2015

Great, very clean hostel. Good location very close to the river, Ponte Luis and metro/train station. Dorm beds are comfy and cozy. You can walk to a lot of places from the hostel. I also recommend the free walking tour they advertise. Did the morning one which includes a visit to a tiny shop where you can buy a slice of absolutely delicious chocolate cake. Good overview of a few sights and the guides are cool. It's also a good way to meet people from the hostel who tag along.

Good Morning! Me and a couple of friends spent last week-end(11- 13 dec2015) in Porto at Dixo's hostel. The place is really cozy and warm, the atmosphere is the perferct atmosphere for travellers: there are people exchangig info, staff people propousing different kind of initiative to enter porto's story and culture, and so on.. Morover the place is a 5 min from the Main interest's place the Harbour the prinvìcipal train/ metro station Breackfast is included,and the bread is really great

• 11th Dec 2015

I think all the good hostels gather at Portugal and this hostel is definitely one of them. Wonderful staffs and facilities. Of course people who stayed were really nice. I would love to stay here again.

Very good hostel!

The only problem is that when you want to use the WiFi, you have to login many times because it is not stable...

I absolutely loved my stay here! Very helpful, friendly, and funny staff. Unbelievable location, it was so nice being so close to the river. Great breakfast, and I loved relaxing on the rooftop terrace. Thanks for everything! :)

• 2nd Dec 2015

The hostel was great and the workers were very kind and conversational. The balcony terrace has a great view and there is a decent breakfast provided considering it's free. My locker key wasn't working unfortunately.

The door of the room was broken and it was impossible to close it.

Best hostel in Oporto. Good location, good staff and good breakfast. The building where the hostel is located is just amazing. Really artistic and good atmosphere! I would recommended it!

• 27th Nov 2015
  • Spain

The hostel is nice, but there didn't seem to be much of an atmosphere. The staff were friendly enough. The location is great, near the river and in a beautiful area.

Really liked our stay at Dixo's: great location, nice rooms, good breakfast, friendly staff etc.

• 21st Nov 2015