Dixo's Oporto Hostel Reviews

Rua Mouzinho da Silveira 72, Porto, Portugal

Muito obrigado pela estadia, amei o lugar!

Great hostel but they'll charge you the exorbitant rate of €10 if you loose your key card.

It was a great experience!The staff is very nice, polite and helpful.I went with a friend and we had our own tour planed but the hostel has lots of activities-we were there from the 30th of dec until de 2nd of jan and they even planned a New Year's Dinner! =) The view from the terrace it's something amazing.The facilities are super clean (and when they's not it's not staffs fault),it's right in front of the Palácio da Bolsa, near Ribeira, S.Bento metro and train and Av. dos Aliados! I'll be back

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Portugal

Generally not bad Hostel Advantages: stylish inside, location, breakfast (however quite poor choice), new linen and beds Disadvantages: they have electric boiler so often water is cold, toilets just on 1,2 flour, wi-fi just in common area, we stayed in a double room which is really small (2m squared) and not furniture (just bed no shelf or chair or even small bed table) As well they have terrace decide yourself where to put it.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Ukraine

WiFi does not work upstairs. This is annoying because the kitchen is on the top (5th) floor, reception with WiFi on the bottom. It also prevents room wifi. The staff don't know where the router is so they can't even reset it. The entrance isn't obvious. There is a small sign next to a door facing the street. Some people found it cold, they didn't have enough heaters for all the rooms. Otherwise a nice hostel and I enjoyed my stay. I Slept well

I felt very much welcome and at home here. It is the perfect location. Awesome rooftop view. Friendly wonderful staff. Very clean and great atmosphere. Ideally situated. Historical charm. Lockers under bed and great blankets. I wish the doors were not so noisy to close and I hope the computer is soon available. Thank you for an awesome stay. I will be back!

I loved stay at Dixo's, everything there was great! The bedrooms are clean and confortable, the staffs are friendly and helpful, the bathrooms are always clean, the kitchen is really good and for me, the special space is the rooftop, there is a great view of the city and you can stay there enjoying the view while you drink a beer (Super bock, Portuguese beer). The atmosphere are great and similar with Brazil (reduced a little my homesickness). Thank you so much, Dixo's ;). Ah, great breakfast!

Nice and beautyfull place! Confortable beds and delicious breakfast.

I loved being in that Hostel, and the staff was also great. Congratulations for a wonderful experience.

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 31-40

We were missing only sockets in our room to charge our phones. Otherwise everything was very nice!

It's a hostel really cool and adorable. I like it so much! The electronic locker is another thing that I am happy with. Great price and truly good location. I love your terrace! The problem is that the hot water is a little bit cool, and the signal of WIFI is too weak upstairs.

The best hostel in the world I have ever stayed at. FANTASTIC, beautiful hostel with the most courteous, genuine, and helpful staff. I would (will!) come back to Portugal just to stay here again

• 5th Dec 2014

Friendliest staff we've met so far! Great location and offers free walkin tours that are a great way to get to know this beautiful city!

wifi network is not accessible outside common area

I only stayed at this hostel overnight and it was an ideal place to do so. They do free breakfast and it's a pretty cool old building. Staff were friendly and it was really clean.

Great little hostel in the heart of the city. Super clean, with breakfast, nice atmosphere. Perfect !

best stay of my life. It was simply amazing. They really do make you feel like home

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Highly recommend this hostel, all I have to say!!

• 4th Nov 2014

I loved this hostel, eveybody was being really nice and it felt like home right away. They have a rooftop terrace with a beautiful view over Porto, and a cosy kitchen where you can make your own meals. The location is very central, close to the train station Sao Bento and easy to find. The hostel offers free walking tours, pub crawls and other activities.

Great rooftop. Correct breakfast and clean rooms and toilets

« first « Prev 1 2 3