Dixo's Oporto Hostel Reviews

Rua Mouzinho da Silveira 72, Porto, Portugal

Great little hostel. Super friendly and helpful staff. Good location too, soo close to the river!!

Very nice hostel, though a bit quiet for my taste. But they the so it was to through that

One of the most charming hostels I've stayed in. The rooftop terrace has unbeatable views of Porto. Key entry to rooms and key provided for locker under the bed. 6-bed female dorm was very spacious, have plenty of outlets & lights, beds are comfortable, and the decor almost makes you not want to leave the room! Kitchen is large and great for cooking. Laundry was a bit too expensive (charged more for underwear?). Close to everything.

This hostel felt like home! Very chilled out and close to everything. Nice bigger beds than a typical hostel and spacious rooms.

Great hostel. Great staff. Highly recommend to anyone going to Porto. Also take the walking tours

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. They have amazing options for seeing the city. I went on all 4 tours they offer. The only thing is that there are 5 flights on stairs to the kitchen and there is no elevator. If you are not able bodied this is not the hostel for you.

I think they have very friendly attitude which gives this hostel an additional value.

Best location, great value for money. Special thanks to night shift receptionist accepting me at 2am (due to night flight), and showing me around hostel and its fantastic roofterrasse view. Flexibility to come and go is great esp. For young people, can be a bit annoying someone's shower at 2am...did not bother me as late arrival. Highly recommend, would stay again anytime in Porto.

• 23rd Oct 2015
  • Hungary

This is the best hostel I've stayed in over the course of several months of long term travel. It was beautiful and cozy and homey, and such great location, and value.

Our double room was a bit expensive for what it was ( very small) and also we had to share the facilities. Its a hostel so noisy and also near the Hard Club which ar weekend goes on all night...perfect if you're young and full of energy! The staff were very helpful and the building itself is lovely. Very central location.

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Very central location but not really remarkable otherwise - they have a walking tour though which is highly recommendable - kitchen closes very early keep that in mind if you arrive late and plan to cook - everything was alright, no big hits, or misses.

We loved this hostel. The walking tour was very enjoyable, the location is good and the staff is friendly. The terrace is nice, breakfast is great and there's free tea and coffee. Only thing that our room was tiny.

It was my time in Portugal and I can't imagine a better start to travel in Portugal than staying in your hostel. Whatever changes Portugal may go through in the future, I hope you keep your kind hearts and hospitality!

• 4th Oct 2015

I love this hostel The only thing I miss is a laundry room.

An excellent hostel. Great location, great staff, good breakfast, very clean, really cool decoration. We really recommend them and will be coming back when in Porto.

It was great to stay at the Dixo's. The staff was really kind and the atmosphere is great! The room is very confortable and nice. The only thing that could be better is the batjrom, because the showers are not always able to hang in the support. Thank you so much for everything!

Our room needs more coat hooks or ways to hang towels and things . We really liked the balcony with the room and the terrace at the top floor . The staff were great , very helpful and friendly . We would stay here again .

Very nice hostel in a good location. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Good location, clean and nice roof terrace

The main door or the women's bathroom would not close properly so the guys passing by could see everything, very annoying ... no meeting area except the small terrace but when the weather is not nice anymore, it cannot be used. The only thing nice at the hostel is the view. I know another hostel in Porto which is much much better!!! Excellent value for money!!! Fully booked when I wanted to stay again so no other choice than Dixo, grenat deception, will not stay again at Dixo but staff very nice

• 16th Sep 2015