Dixo's Oporto Hostel Reviews

Rua Mouzinho da Silveira 72, Porto, Portugal

테라스 대박!! 야경보러 안나가도 돼요!! Terrace is awesome!! I just stay one day in that wonderful space!!

The best possible hostel. It's an incredible value, very clean, well decorated, great breakfast, perfect kitchen, amazing helpful friendly staff and they have 3 guitars if you play but by far the best part of this hostel is the terrace, from which you can see the D'Ouro, a beautiful park, the stellar sunsets, the entire town on the south side of the river, and the beautiful harry-potter-inspiring architecture of Porto. I' stayed at 3 other hostels in Porto before this one but I will def be back

Amazing hostel & friendly and helpful staff.. Nothing to complain

Overall had a really good trip to Porto and our time at the hostel was positive. However, we booked a private for two people for 40€ a night only to be shoved into a converted closet next to the laundry room. The room only fit bunk beds and a single chair. Very disappointing. Would have been happy with this room for a fairer rate. Our room did not lock which made us uncomfortable. The staff were all very friendly and the location is perfect.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Bahamas

Shower on 2nd floor (floor above reception): left shower door can not be locked right shower head is leaking Very nice room and I love the curtain in roob B (or 2 I don't remember) => it was the private room on this floor

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

I am fully satisfied with the hostel. Everything is clean, always coffee in the kitchen, a good breakfast, helpful staff, electronic lockers. The only thing is, if you haven't got considerate room mates, the door closes quite loud if you don't use your card.... And you should be aware that this is an old building which is really beautiful by the way, but you can hear the people outside of your room. I will definitely come back!

It is just a couple of step away from Sao Bento train station. Everywhere is just in a walking distance..I really offer anyone to go to Porto this Hostel...

I am so happy to have spend my time in Porto at Dixo's and I already miss it as if it was my second home :) SOON to be back!

• 26th Feb 2015

sometimes no hot water when I showering !

One of the best hostels I have been so far in Europe (and I have seen many since 2008). It is housed in a beautiful old mansion in the heart of the city, from the top you have a magnificent view on the river and the famous port wine distilleries. The hostel is lovely in every sense of the world. You feel at home right away. Also there is the cute little puppy called Snoopy running around and warming your heart even more! Honestly if you search a cheap and friendly place don't think: Just book.

Perfect Hostel!

• 20th Feb 2015

Great hostel. Only thing I miss is laundry facilities in the hostel.

The hostel is definitely a bang for your buck. You cannot beat the price and the location. It also has a lovely kitchen/dinning area with a rooftop terrace that has great views of the city. I must note that the bathrooms were extremely clean, which is a great plus when staying at a hostel.

• 6th Feb 2015

pretty hostel, in the center of Porto, all is good, recommended

This is the sweetest small hostel ever! Staff was very friendly, dorms and restrooms were ok and the top floor, where they serve breakfast, it's really cute! I'd stay there again and I'd recommend this hostel.

Muito obrigado pela estadia, amei o lugar!

Great hostel but they'll charge you the exorbitant rate of €10 if you loose your key card.

It was a great experience!The staff is very nice, polite and helpful.I went with a friend and we had our own tour planed but the hostel has lots of activities-we were there from the 30th of dec until de 2nd of jan and they even planned a New Year's Dinner! =) The view from the terrace it's something amazing.The facilities are super clean (and when they's not it's not staffs fault),it's right in front of the Palácio da Bolsa, near Ribeira, S.Bento metro and train and Av. dos Aliados! I'll be back

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Portugal

Generally not bad Hostel Advantages: stylish inside, location, breakfast (however quite poor choice), new linen and beds Disadvantages: they have electric boiler so often water is cold, toilets just on 1,2 flour, wi-fi just in common area, we stayed in a double room which is really small (2m squared) and not furniture (just bed no shelf or chair or even small bed table) As well they have terrace decide yourself where to put it.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Ukraine

WiFi does not work upstairs. This is annoying because the kitchen is on the top (5th) floor, reception with WiFi on the bottom. It also prevents room wifi. The staff don't know where the router is so they can't even reset it. The entrance isn't obvious. There is a small sign next to a door facing the street. Some people found it cold, they didn't have enough heaters for all the rooms. Otherwise a nice hostel and I enjoyed my stay. I Slept well