Dixo's Oporto Hostel Reviews

Rua Mouzinho da Silveira 72, Porto, Portugal

Excellent

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Great hostel, good staff, 6-female dorm is spacious and clean, good view to Hard Club and the river. Good breakfast, great view on the roof top, common room with tv and games. Downsides, the shower could be bigger; the upper beds in the dorm could have some place to put your stuff (like cellphone, water, etc) and a plug next to the upper bed as well. Expect lots of stairs, but that's quite normal at hostels, it's a good exercise to prepare yourself for the up and downs in Porto!

I enjoyed my stay in Porto, and Dixo's was fine but I wouldn't rave about it. As a solo traveller, I found it lacking in common spaces to meet people, and the kitchen was at the top of several staircases which meant people didn't seem to hang around there much. The rooftop bar was disappointingly closed for renovations during my stay, which I wish had been made clear in advance. Great location and nice building, though.

1 2 3 Next » last »