Dixo's Oporto Hostel Reviews

Rua Mouzinho da Silveira 72, Porto, Portugal

Amazing hostel & friendly and helpful staff.. Nothing to complain

Overall had a really good trip to Porto and our time at the hostel was positive. However, we booked a private for two people for 40€ a night only to be shoved into a converted closet next to the laundry room. The room only fit bunk beds and a single chair. Very disappointing. Would have been happy with this room for a fairer rate. Our room did not lock which made us uncomfortable. The staff were all very friendly and the location is perfect.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Bahamas

Shower on 2nd floor (floor above reception): left shower door can not be locked right shower head is leaking Very nice room and I love the curtain in roob B (or 2 I don't remember) => it was the private room on this floor

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

I am fully satisfied with the hostel. Everything is clean, always coffee in the kitchen, a good breakfast, helpful staff, electronic lockers. The only thing is, if you haven't got considerate room mates, the door closes quite loud if you don't use your card.... And you should be aware that this is an old building which is really beautiful by the way, but you can hear the people outside of your room. I will definitely come back!

It is just a couple of step away from Sao Bento train station. Everywhere is just in a walking distance..I really offer anyone to go to Porto this Hostel...

I am so happy to have spend my time in Porto at Dixo's and I already miss it as if it was my second home :) SOON to be back!

• 26th Feb 2015

sometimes no hot water when I showering !

One of the best hostels I have been so far in Europe (and I have seen many since 2008). It is housed in a beautiful old mansion in the heart of the city, from the top you have a magnificent view on the river and the famous port wine distilleries. The hostel is lovely in every sense of the world. You feel at home right away. Also there is the cute little puppy called Snoopy running around and warming your heart even more! Honestly if you search a cheap and friendly place don't think: Just book.

Perfect Hostel!

• 20th Feb 2015

Great hostel. Only thing I miss is laundry facilities in the hostel.

The hostel is definitely a bang for your buck. You cannot beat the price and the location. It also has a lovely kitchen/dinning area with a rooftop terrace that has great views of the city. I must note that the bathrooms were extremely clean, which is a great plus when staying at a hostel.

• 6th Feb 2015