Dizzy Daisy Downtown Hostel Reviews

Ul. Pedzichow 9, Krakow, Poland

My friends and I were pleasantly surprised to unlock our door and find a cosy, spacious, beautifully kept apartment, kitchen and all! The staff was pleasant and helpful (the receptionist saved us from paying for a taxi to get to an early tour at Auschwitz). We were also pleased that the check-in/out was available 24 hours (we arrived late and then had to leave super early at the end of our stay.

The stay at Dizzy Daisy Hostel was really nice. From the hostel it is just a 5-10 minutes walk to the Old Town and to Krakow central station. The room was very clean and the bathroom even had floor heating. The staff was friendly and helped us to find our way in and around the city. Free coffee and tea in the morning and a cosy common room. I highly recommend this place.

It was a good stay. Staff is very helpfull. Common room is big and they have free filter coffee for everyone. We stayed at dormitories. They are really big and spacious. Location is little bit far but you can walk 15-20 min to centre of Old Town. Only bad thing is pillow are so small. You cant really put your head to that thing and I am suspicious about sheets cleanliness. But it was a good stay anyway. Great value for money.

Even the cheapest room is big and has nice lockers, the wifi is pretty good, the kitchen was bundled with the common area (which I liked that way, since I could made a coffee without moving much), two computers in common area (with Ubuntu).

Great. The best hostel I've ever been. I paid less than 6€ per night and the hostel was provided with every facility you can imagine. There was a fully equiped kitchen (with free cofee and tee), TV in English and French (appart from Polish), computers with free internet access, friendly and helpful staff... I never had to wait to take a shower or use the toilet. It was very peaceful, no noises around. And also a big locker where keeping all your belongings safe. Very recommendable.

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Spain

Loved it!

• 6th Nov 2015

The location is really good, but the rooms and the common area could be better. I always travel with acommodations in hostels, but I have never seen a room in that bad status. Beds were not ready and we had one shower and one toilet to share with 6 people.

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Spain

I liked this hostel, I thought that it was the perfect distance away from the main center so you don't get all the noise. They staff that they have there is very helpful and willing to help you with anything, they helped us set up a tour to Auschwitz that actually picked you up out front of the hostel. When you arrive the first thing they do is give you a map that has all the "hot" locations to visit, and it is color coated for different reasons. Biggest complaints, wifi was bad, and floor creak

• 5th Nov 2015

I was staying in a 6-bed dorm with a party of 5 on the first night. However, as they checked out the next day, housekeeping cleared the entire room including my personal item when I was going to stay for another night. Despite informing the reception, no action was taken to recover the item and there was no follow up between the night shift and morning shift personnel. Very poor service rendered by the hostel.

Big and spacious bathroom and 2 people room we stayed in.

• 29th Oct 2015
  • Singapore

The hostel is VERY cheap with fair location and nice staff. However the bed sheet do not seem to be very clean and the rooms are poorly soundproof that I woke up by the next door at 6am (I stayed in a twin room)

The hostel was really easy to get to. The girl at the reception when we arrived was really rude and she couldn't even show us to our room which was not very easy to find as the rooms are in a different building than the reception. The rooms, bathroom and toilet were clean. Some problems we faced were that there was no wi-fi in the room and the lockers were outside the room. The common area was very nice and we really liked the atmosphere.

I´ve never given a perfect score before, but this Hostel really has it all! If I want to be back in Krakow just to stay here!

Nice place, friendly staff. Thanks.

The kitchen and the resting place are small and is only one table and four chairs to seat down. The recepcionist aren´t sociable, all except one, are always with people inside de recepcion talking and don´t care too much about their guests. Cleaning could be better

The stay was great! The location is good, just a short walk from the beautiful old town. The room was clean and cozy and the staff was just amazing! All so helpful and nice. Thank you :)

• 21st Oct 2015
  • Iceland

very good cheap hostel, only stayed here a night and it was great because it was so close to the main station and the town. not much atmosphere but really friendly staff who helped me out when there seemed to be no free beds in my dorm so let me move to a smaller dorm. Auschwitz tour from this hostel was good a bit overpriced but they picked me up in the morning.

Warm welcome from the desk and useful help when needed. Large, safe, and clean rooms. Good location, 5 minutes from the center and less than 10 minutes from the train and bus stations.

Our stay was pretty nice. The staff was friendly and the free luggage storage room helped us a lot, since we had arrived earlier than the check-in time and left the city hours after our check-out. The location of the hostel is also good, near the railway station and the old town as well. The only disadvantage was the single towel they provided us, since we were expecting to have a full set of two towels each. We definatelly reccoment it!

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Greece

Best hostel of our euro trip so far, by far. Great location (halfway between the bus station and the main square), very affordable with friendly staff, a nice common area, laundry and luggage storage , and our bathroom had HEATED FLOORS. Overall a wonderful experience, and a bargain to boot. Thanks, Dizzy Daisy!