Do Step Inn Reviews

Felberstrasse 20, 1150 Wien, Vienna, Austria

The sheets I slept in where absolutely disgusting! I have slept on tons of hotels, motels and hostels and it has been years since I have ever seen such nasty bed sheets. They were so spotted that it was hard to tell the original color .... I will never go there again compared to the price I paid. The hostel what loud, the staff unwelcoming and in general a poor stay.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

Stayed as a 4-person group in our own room. Pros: -comfortable mattresses -very clean showers and restrooms -nice building(s) in general -towels free of charge -closet with shelf and hangers Cons: -pillows were absolutely awful (lumpy, flat, and felt damp) -none of our sheets were the right size for the mattresses, pillows, or blankets -cigarette smell in the bedroom Overall not bad, but I've had better hostel stays in the same price range.

Not recommendable because 1) the hostel consists of two separate buildings; we stayed in the secondary building which does not have a kitchen, 2) the rooms have solid doors but walls made of paper thus sleeping is hardly possible because the doors keep slamming all night. Breakfast for EUR3.80 (EUR5.80 with eggs) was good value for money. Rooms, bathrooms and toilets were clean, bed was alright but if you're not drunk enough to not care about the noise you better look for another place.

We enjoyed a lovely stay in this hostel. Great location and easy to find. Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean and warn room. I would different stay here again and recommend this hostel to everyone.

Lovely helpful girl at front counter! Cosy room and good access to transport!!

Te recepcionists, niki and gabor where very nice!!!!

The hostel is very nice, even if 30' walking from the city center. The room was a bit small, but with lockers. The toilet was clean and the showers big and clean. The kitchen also very big and clean. The price very good.

• 15th Mar 2014

Although the room is quite small, everything is very clean, there's a private bathroom in the room, the staff is really kind and they facilitate everything you need... Also, the metro is like 3 min from the hostel so it's perfect!! :) I recommend it to everyone who wants to visit Wien!

I would like my home looked like this:) Great value for the price I paid, very cosy, incredible kitchen, friendly staff, great location by the underground station/Mariahilfer Str. I recommned!

the rooms are a little bit small but its nice

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Austria
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Sorry a no go: A lot of HAIR in the bed and I think sperm. The bed was definitively used!!. Toilet-sit some Urin-drops, some mould in the shower.

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

This hostel looks like a hotel, really good accommodations for a little price, super close to the subway or a nice walk from the center. The bar is quite a disappointment but the common area and the guest kitchen are big and modern so you can buy your food and drinks at the market and have them there. They don't have evening events or anything like gray but still, a great hostel.

Nowhere on their website (nor hostelworld.com) did it mention that they don't take credit cards nor did the man at reception even direct me to the nearest ATM (because I obviously don't carry around enough cash to pay for 4 nights). We had to wait on the male receptionist for 20 minutes before checking in, without so much as a simple "thank you for waiting;" he then went on to joke about how we had just arrived (as if we hadn't been waiting for 20 minutes). Stay at Wombats Hostel! NOT HERE.

Excelent!

Can't print from computers. Also I had a terrible experience in the hostel. One evening they had staff meeting or something and it seems to be Polish operated hostel. There was a woman in her 40's, who was shouting and swearing at staff. I am from Czech Republic, so unfortunately I have understood most of it. It was extremely unpleasant to witness it.. She should have known better in her age. Also one guy at reception (Martin) was not helpful at all. They are better places to stay in Vienna.

Very nice and neat hostel, located close to central station and very conveniently connected to city center. Atmosphere was great and facilities are various and available to use. I liked storage room where we could leave our stuff after check out.

I liked all

Someone's laptop in our room was stolen although it was in a locker with a secured lock on it. The lock was completely broken off and his bag was left unkempt by the thief. My friend's lock on her suitcase was broken and her bag was left unzipped. My backpack was completely unorganized and unzipped although I had left it in my locker. When we brought this issue to the people at the front desk, they denied everything and were completely unhelpful. They also only gave us a refund for 1 night.

• 26th Feb 2014

The room was great for the price, and we were even bumped up to a slightly nicer room since some company had booked out the hostel. Unfortunately, it meant the atmosphere wasn't as nice, as we would have liked to hang out with other backpackers, but it was still nice, and the location was pretty decent. We also had a broken light in our bathroom when we arrived, but it was fixed promptly after we notified the staff. Overall a great stay.

• 25th Feb 2014

It's a pretty unsafe hostel. Someone broke in my room and stole my laptop from the closed locker while I was in the city. Hostel staff did not help me at all. It was the worst hostel I’ve ever been - however, I stay quite frequently in hostels.

« first « Prev 1 2 3