Dockside Hostel Old Town Reviews

Skeppsbron 40, Stockholm, Sweden

Thanks.. See you next year.. Svensson familj

Truly excellent location and nice rooms. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful but he front desk is only open for a few hours in two shifts, meaning there are no staff on site at night, making security a concern. There are no toilets on the same floor as the rooms, meaning you have to walk up stairs and through reception. Bed sheets and towels are not included in the price which seemed quite strange.

Don't mind the small rooms but found the oversize mattress on my bed annoying. The bathroom/ toilet arrangement was unusual and was in need of some maintenance.

The hostel needs some refurbishment and a vgood wash.ery

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Poland

A nice hostel with a good location in the southern part of Stockholm Old Town.

The location is great and the staff is very helpful, but that's the only good thing about this hostel. The 6 bed dorms are so tiny there is very little space to place your belongings. My food was stolen from the fridge even when labeled. The cleaning staff is taking care of the dorms and living room, but they totally avoid the showers. There are ONLY two toilets in the whole hostel, and both are located on the ground floor. Worst thing ever. Why is such a problem to place one toilet downstairs??

The room was adequate, but it would have been nice to be able to open the window to get some fresh air (the window was too high to reach). The room was conviently located close to the showers. However, the toilets were quite far from the room and it was a bit annoying to pass through the reception area to reach the toilets. The location of the hostel is absolutely fantastic, as it's close to the restaurants and shops in Gamla stan. The reception staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

You shouldnt accept People in here anymore- there is so many probleme about : -rooms are dirty : floors/ maltress-pillow/ sheets-towels sont smell clean / 8people in the same rome and juste one light working -1 window- no air condition - bed grumping- 1 plug for 3 person - electricity : we can see it everwhere mixed and not far away from water - bathroom: its not a bathroom - worst than camping : no cleaning no light - Franckly horrible! Ok its not expensive but it is so dirty, Never agai

• 13th Jun 2015

pretty boring stay here, the hostel is really intended for everyone but travellers. my room smelt of strawberry yogurt for the 4 days I stayed there. I didn't really understand which bed was mine when I got to the hostel as they all looked slept in. but the location was decent.

Personally I glad I only had a short stay here, you get what you pay for. The chap on reception was and really helpful. The of the hostel is fab, right on the edge of Old Town, which is beautiful and full of character. The down side to the hostel is you are into rooms, with no space for your bags, and let's face it, they are the most thing to us when travelling. There is a small locker in the room so you can secure your most belongings (bring a padlock)

Great location, really helpful staff. Bedside lights need fixing in room 6.... Other than that no issues at all!

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Wales

My twin room is too small. We don't have the room to put my luggages in the floor. Two toilets were very dirty! I didn't see that staff cleaned up for 4days. My husband's bed's one leg was broken. It's terrible! That choice was my big mistake!!!

The cleanliness is really good! I love this hostel =)

good location..

Fantastic hostel with the most superb staff!!

We stayed in a room which is at the basement floor. When we got into our room, the window was open and the whole room was freezing (since it was 5 celcius outside). The staff came and tried to close the window. However, the lock of the window was broken, and the air was still passing through window. When we asked to get a heater or a blanket, they said that the hostel does not have one. So, we spent our night in the frozen room and all of us become sick. It was such a disappointment!

A rather dangerous staircase to handle luggage due to a tiny landing by the front door, and spiral stairs downstairs to showers, easy to slip on, and tricky when carrying a heavy bag.

• 1st May 2015
  • Poland

Staff were very friendly and helpful. This is a great location, in the old town and close to the metro and a grocery store. Wifi worked well

Honestly, the only really good thing about this hostel is its location. Located riverside right in Gamla Stan. We were first assigned a room in the basement. A room, in which the window cannot be opened. We then moved to a room next door, where the window could slightly be opened if you are tall and flexible and would like to climb a bit through the room. Cleanliness exists only superficially. We were aware beforehand of staff not being always around and of only two restrooms - no issues there.

The hostel has a good location in the southern part of Old Town. The staff was nice and the hostel was clean and moderately priced. There is a kitchen but the common areas are very small.