Dockside Hostel Old Town Reviews

Skeppsbron 40, Stockholm, Sweden

Cold, Cold, Cold! Draft from the very high windows, slept with clothes on, had to put a my clothes and bags in the window to keep some of the draft out at night. Do something about the windows wintertime!

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Sweden

Very small room with no access to the window! Only two toilets in the whole hostel which wasn't enough. Showers were very grim, not clean and broken floor! Overall and partly because of the good location this hostel is manageable for a night but no more than that

Nice hostel, very well located. Rooms are a small and bathroom not the best i've seen, but for the price, it's perfect.

• 27th Nov 2015

very good

• 27th Nov 2015
  • Slovenia

Very small rooms like japanese thing

• 24th Nov 2015
  • Greece

Very satisfied with our stay and would definitely recommend to friends. Would for sure stay again. Thank you very much.

• 14th Nov 2015

very nice staff, helpfull

• 24th Oct 2015
  • Slovakia

Stefan and Micaela are both very efficient understanding flexible people.

• 23rd Oct 2015

Stayed in a twin bed room. The kitchen has all you need, showers are very poor, but they are renovating them soon, so we heard. I loved the location, old town, sea right next to it, everything in walking distance :) It's not a lively hostel, but since the point of our trip was not to party that was no problem.

The shower floors are broken and had a big puddle in it. Very poor standard for the price paid.

• 16th Sep 2015
  • Sweden

I stayed in this hostel last minute and it was the only one available in Stockholm. I was in an 8 bed mixed dorm. There were only two bathrooms for the entire hostel and they're very cramped. There are no paper towels or air dryer for after you wash your hands, just a bath towel hanging, which is unhygienic. The showers were absolutely disgusting and were not cleaned once in the three days that I was there, I never saw cleaning being done either. Reception is only open for a few hours each day.

I like the hostel because of its central location in old town. I have stayed here a few times before and will for sure come back again.

The best part about this hostel is of course the fantastic location. I got myself a single room and was very happy with it - it was clean, and just big enough to fit a bed and my bags. It's a bit annoying that I had to walk through so many doors and enter codes just to use the toilet - and the showers were on another floor altogether. Those doors slam all through the night, and they woke me up. However, plenty of showers though, clean, well-organized. I would stay here again.

Good: Best location hostel. You will not really need a travel card to see almost everything!!! The beds are comfortable and the rooms fairly quiet. Bad: Kitchen is the size of a closet. 2 burners on the stove. Lockers are not in rooms, but in a common area. Room smelled bad, and there were not many young people around. But I have to admit, my experience with hostels in Sweden was only average.. Often there were not many young people in them. Best thing here is it's location

Nice location, but not a nice hostel.

The Rooms are tiny ,the reception is only for a few hours per day open, the comunity room is the hall way at the same time and the atmosphere is very cold. Also the bathrooms are very dirty. And we have been there after beeing to moroco for two Weeks. Se would highly recomment to go to another hotel and recomment the hostel to change its concept. Sincerely Julian, Florian

• 26th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Showers and bathrooms were disgusting.

With the great location that you have, you could have a great hostel. However, because of the poor conditions of the overall cleanliness (it's not that much trouble to rinse the showers and the drains once in a while so you don't have to stand in someone else's wig) the hostel doesn't stand up to the standards of a great hostel. Because of this I wouldn't really return to or recommend this hostel. The staff was friendly.

Perhaps if they cleaned the bathrooms once Ina while. So disgusting. There was enough hair on the drain, that you wouldn't be blamed for thinking you had a cat in the shower with you. The room was small and stuffy, but it's by no means the worst hostel I've stayed in. But a far cry from the best. I'll be looking elsewhere for accommodation next time I'm in Stockholm.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

8-Bed-Dorm was almost always used as 9-Bed-Dorm (So there was no space left) and at night it is very loud and bright. But there were great travellers.