Dockside Hostel Old Town

7.0
Very Good 1198 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 25-30
24th Mar 2017

The hostel is in a great central location, just steps away from old town and across the bridge from hip Galma Stan area. We had a private room which felt more like a guesthouse than a hostel, comfortable beds and a good size room - great for a hostel. This is a quiet hostel though and is not good if you want to meet other travellers, although we were happy that it wasn't a party hostel. Highly recommended if you want comfort, quiet and good location.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
8th Mar 2017

Friendly staff and clean facilities, good location

• Australia, Female, 41+
12th Feb 2017
2.0

When I inquired about a refund, the manager became extremely nasty to me. I told him about his duty of care under international law. When I first came into the hostel I couldn't get a chance to talk to him, he was on the phone, but I picked up on some sort of vibe from him. He didn't seem to want to acknowledge me. He also swore at me, and said, 'Jesus Christ' which has an extremely harsh tone and imagery to it. He asked me to leave in a very cruel, cold way, when I was leaving anyway.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
26th Dec 2016

I arrived in the middle of the day when they were closed and wasn't sent to code for the door until well after I'd left the airport and lost wifi. I wasn't able to get into the building and had to carry all my luggage around with me for the whole day. Pretty annoying. But the room was comfortable and clean, and the location is PERFECT! Super convenient for the main station and right in Gamla Stan, which is the best part, I think!

• Turkey, Female, 25-30
13th Dec 2016
7.7

Great location, quiet and warm inside. The private room was too small but it's ok for a short stay.