Dockside Hostel Old Town

Very Good 1188 Total Reviews

• Australia, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
26th Dec 2016

I arrived in the middle of the day when they were closed and wasn't sent to code for the door until well after I'd left the airport and lost wifi. I wasn't able to get into the building and had to carry all my luggage around with me for the whole day. Pretty annoying. But the room was comfortable and clean, and the location is PERFECT! Super convenient for the main station and right in Gamla Stan, which is the best part, I think!

• Turkey, Female, 25-30
13th Dec 2016
7.7

Great location, quiet and warm inside. The private room was too small but it's ok for a short stay.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
1st Oct 2016

Lockers weren't very good, but that was the only negative. Absolutely amazing location and helpful staff. Was clean and had great facilities. Would recommend to anyone wanting to visit Stockholm for a few days :)

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
1st Oct 2016

Only issues with the hostel were that the bathrooms were TINY and I felt like I was laying right on bars instead of a mattress. Other than that, location was perfect for us, easy to get to on public transit and they made it easy to check-in after hours.

• England, Male, 31-40
24th Sep 2016
6.0

Its not a hostel in the traditional sense - its simply rooms in the group floor of an office building with secure doors connecting the rooms. Very small reception where there are a couple of tables with chairs and they call it the common area. But no atmosphere at all. Reception is only open 5 hours a day (9-11am, 3-6 pm). You have to pay for bed sheets (very unusual and uncommon). The ONLY thing going for this place is the location - its in the old town near central train station/bus station

24th Sep 2016
8.0

Decent place - I pretty much only was there to sleep and shower, and it was good for that. The staff is friendly and the location is great. The only thing that is a bit annoying is that the restrooms and showers are not on the same floor, and there are only two restrooms.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
22nd Sep 2016

This is the perfect location for a trip to Sweden. It was within walking distance of everywhere that we wanted to see. The hop-on-hop-off bus was right across the street so we were able to use that to see everything that was a bit further away. It wasn't terribly close to the night life, but it wasn't too long of a walk. It probably took us 30 minutes to walk home at night. Pretty much everything else was a 5-15 minute walk. I felt very safe and comfortable here despite it being my first hostel.

• Mexico, Male, 31-40
17th Sep 2016
6.6

The counter was open only a limited time. They sent me the code to access the house one day before arriving, which is absolutely very little time (preferred more time in case I don't access my e-mail one day before). After sightseeing the city, I HAD to return to check in during the counter open time, instead. Somebody stole my bag in the kitchen with my food (of course, this is not attibutable to the hostel), and the kitchen had limited kitchen devices.

• Taiwan, All Female Group, 25-30
25th Aug 2016
5.7

The staff are very helpful. The location is great! BUT! You need to pay extra SEK 65 per person to "rent" the bed linen. (Who brings the bed linen with them during traveling seriously?!) We booked a private room for two and the room was super small also the pillows and everything look so old and dirty. Even I put on the bed linen, my skin still felt itchy. The worst part is poor sound proof. You can hear people leaving the door slammed behind them until 2 am. I won't recommend.