Dockside Hostel Old Town Reviews

Skeppsbron 40, Stockholm, Sweden

The Rooms are tiny ,the reception is only for a few hours per day open, the comunity room is the hall way at the same time and the atmosphere is very cold. Also the bathrooms are very dirty. And we have been there after beeing to moroco for two Weeks. Se would highly recomment to go to another hotel and recomment the hostel to change its concept. Sincerely Julian, Florian

• 26th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Showers and bathrooms were disgusting.

With the great location that you have, you could have a great hostel. However, because of the poor conditions of the overall cleanliness (it's not that much trouble to rinse the showers and the drains once in a while so you don't have to stand in someone else's wig) the hostel doesn't stand up to the standards of a great hostel. Because of this I wouldn't really return to or recommend this hostel. The staff was friendly.

Perhaps if they cleaned the bathrooms once Ina while. So disgusting. There was enough hair on the drain, that you wouldn't be blamed for thinking you had a cat in the shower with you. The room was small and stuffy, but it's by no means the worst hostel I've stayed in. But a far cry from the best. I'll be looking elsewhere for accommodation next time I'm in Stockholm.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

8-Bed-Dorm was almost always used as 9-Bed-Dorm (So there was no space left) and at night it is very loud and bright. But there were great travellers.

I liked the hostel all in all, especially its location, but thought the the showers really could be more clean.

• 20th Aug 2015

THE DOOR INTO THE HOSTEL ALMOST PUT ME OFF STAYING,YOU NEED TO PAINT THE FRONT DOOR A CLEAN WASHABLE WHITE AND CLEAN THE WALLS AROUND THE DOOR.MAY BE A NICE SIGN SAYING WELCOME TO YOUR HOSTEL.IT MUST BE INVITING AS IT IS IT LOOKS LIKE A RUN DOWN ESTABLISHMENT JUST BECAUSE OF THE FRONT DOOR.ALSO BOTH TOILETS WHEN I WAS THEIR DID NOT HAVE ANY TOILET ROLL AVAILABLE I HOPE THIS HELPS.THANKS

• 19th Aug 2015

Lovely location, we stayed in a private twin room which was fairly clean. There weren't many showers or toilets, but it didn't seem to be too much of an issue. There was a small kitchen with a coupe of hobs, fridge and a microwave in- but only enough room for one person to cook at a time.

This hostel feels like it could be a quaint little place to stay, with a wonderful location in the city's oldest neighborhood, a tiny dining area, and family management. For this quaintness, I'd be willing to accept crowded rooms, sparse reception hours, and strict rules. However, it feels that the hostel does not hold up it's side of the quaintness bargain by keeping things clean and tidy. Pros: location, kind of quaint Cons: few reception hours, cleanliness, tiny lockers, crowded rooms

The room itself was nice, but the showers were dirty / old / mouldy

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

I thought that the staff were particularly helpful and friendly. I needed to wash a lot of my clothes and the receptionists knew exactly where I could go and researched opening times. Nothing was too much work for the receptionists and they really added value to my stay.

• 10th Aug 2015

No possibility to open the windows in the room - no oxygen at all in there. Very smelly!!!

• 9th Aug 2015

There could not be a better location to check out Stockholm-rooms and showers are okay, kitchen with all the utilities. We had one problem with the bed situation when we arrived at midnight- there was only one bed available for 2 persons, although we booked for 2. It was kind of chaotic as there was no one who could help us out... figured it out though the next morning - very cooperative and friendly staff!

The location was perfect however in my room there was one guy who uses the locker but doesn't have a bed which was one of the weirdest experience I had

When I checked in, the staff explained that the doors to the rooms had codes and that there were cameras monitoring 24/7. Well, my money and the money of 2 other girls was stolen during the night. We had our purses by our beds b/c the lockers require your own padlock. Staff then told us that CCTV only monitored the lobby. The beds were kind of dirty when I arrived; they had grass in them? The location is great, but that's about it. Def not worth the money.

Thanks.. See you next year.. Svensson familj

Truly excellent location and nice rooms. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful but he front desk is only open for a few hours in two shifts, meaning there are no staff on site at night, making security a concern. There are no toilets on the same floor as the rooms, meaning you have to walk up stairs and through reception. Bed sheets and towels are not included in the price which seemed quite strange.

Don't mind the small rooms but found the oversize mattress on my bed annoying. The bathroom/ toilet arrangement was unusual and was in need of some maintenance.

The hostel needs some refurbishment and a vgood wash.ery

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Poland

A nice hostel with a good location in the southern part of Stockholm Old Town.

« first « Prev 1 2 3