Dockside Hostel Old Town Reviews

Skeppsbron 40, Stockholm, Sweden

Showers and bathrooms were disgusting.

Perhaps if they cleaned the bathrooms once Ina while. So disgusting. There was enough hair on the drain, that you wouldn't be blamed for thinking you had a cat in the shower with you. The room was small and stuffy, but it's by no means the worst hostel I've stayed in. But a far cry from the best. I'll be looking elsewhere for accommodation next time I'm in Stockholm.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

I liked the hostel all in all, especially its location, but thought the the showers really could be more clean.

• 20th Aug 2015

This hostel feels like it could be a quaint little place to stay, with a wonderful location in the city's oldest neighborhood, a tiny dining area, and family management. For this quaintness, I'd be willing to accept crowded rooms, sparse reception hours, and strict rules. However, it feels that the hostel does not hold up it's side of the quaintness bargain by keeping things clean and tidy. Pros: location, kind of quaint Cons: few reception hours, cleanliness, tiny lockers, crowded rooms

The room itself was nice, but the showers were dirty / old / mouldy

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

I thought that the staff were particularly helpful and friendly. I needed to wash a lot of my clothes and the receptionists knew exactly where I could go and researched opening times. Nothing was too much work for the receptionists and they really added value to my stay.

• 10th Aug 2015

No possibility to open the windows in the room - no oxygen at all in there. Very smelly!!!

• 9th Aug 2015

There could not be a better location to check out Stockholm-rooms and showers are okay, kitchen with all the utilities. We had one problem with the bed situation when we arrived at midnight- there was only one bed available for 2 persons, although we booked for 2. It was kind of chaotic as there was no one who could help us out... figured it out though the next morning - very cooperative and friendly staff!

The location was perfect however in my room there was one guy who uses the locker but doesn't have a bed which was one of the weirdest experience I had

When I checked in, the staff explained that the doors to the rooms had codes and that there were cameras monitoring 24/7. Well, my money and the money of 2 other girls was stolen during the night. We had our purses by our beds b/c the lockers require your own padlock. Staff then told us that CCTV only monitored the lobby. The beds were kind of dirty when I arrived; they had grass in them? The location is great, but that's about it. Def not worth the money.

Thanks.. See you next year.. Svensson familj

Truly excellent location and nice rooms. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful but he front desk is only open for a few hours in two shifts, meaning there are no staff on site at night, making security a concern. There are no toilets on the same floor as the rooms, meaning you have to walk up stairs and through reception. Bed sheets and towels are not included in the price which seemed quite strange.

Don't mind the small rooms but found the oversize mattress on my bed annoying. The bathroom/ toilet arrangement was unusual and was in need of some maintenance.

The hostel needs some refurbishment and a vgood wash.ery

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Poland

A nice hostel with a good location in the southern part of Stockholm Old Town.

The location is great and the staff is very helpful, but that's the only good thing about this hostel. The 6 bed dorms are so tiny there is very little space to place your belongings. My food was stolen from the fridge even when labeled. The cleaning staff is taking care of the dorms and living room, but they totally avoid the showers. There are ONLY two toilets in the whole hostel, and both are located on the ground floor. Worst thing ever. Why is such a problem to place one toilet downstairs??

The room was adequate, but it would have been nice to be able to open the window to get some fresh air (the window was too high to reach). The room was conviently located close to the showers. However, the toilets were quite far from the room and it was a bit annoying to pass through the reception area to reach the toilets. The location of the hostel is absolutely fantastic, as it's close to the restaurants and shops in Gamla stan. The reception staff was very friendly and helpful.

You shouldnt accept People in here anymore- there is so many probleme about : -rooms are dirty : floors/ maltress-pillow/ sheets-towels sont smell clean / 8people in the same rome and juste one light working -1 window- no air condition - bed grumping- 1 plug for 3 person - electricity : we can see it everwhere mixed and not far away from water - bathroom: its not a bathroom - worst than camping : no cleaning no light - Franckly horrible! Ok its not expensive but it is so dirty, Never agai

• 13th Jun 2015

pretty boring stay here, the hostel is really intended for everyone but travellers. my room smelt of strawberry yogurt for the 4 days I stayed there. I didn't really understand which bed was mine when I got to the hostel as they all looked slept in. but the location was decent.

Personally I glad I only had a short stay here, you get what you pay for. The chap on reception was and really helpful. The of the hostel is fab, right on the edge of Old Town, which is beautiful and full of character. The down side to the hostel is you are into rooms, with no space for your bags, and let's face it, they are the most thing to us when travelling. There is a small locker in the room so you can secure your most belongings (bring a padlock)