Dockside Hostel Old Town

Very Good 1210 Total Reviews

• petehughes19889770
  • England, Male, 25-30
23rd May 2017

Had a great stay whilst here. Very easy to find and had great communication before arrival. Clean room and good shower facilities.

13th May 2017

Plusses: Clean; excellent location at the edge of the Old City, within walking distance of the central train station and the ferry terminals (Viking Line etc.); Lockers (didn't fit my padlock though); strong WiFi; plenty of outlets; small but good kitchen. Minuses: reception desk open only open 9-11 am and 3-6 pm (though they do email you good instructions on how to get in); you must either rent sheets or bring your own.

7th Apr 2017
6.9

Though a great city centre location - too much noise around and from doors slamming was too much. The staff was great but a very poor, boring and empty atmosphere around was visible. Rooms wi fi was poor... showers were located very uncomfortable so we had to go through all corridors and steps before reaching it. Lack of entertainments and facilities room (such as laundry, games room and tv) was also visible

• Canada, Female, 25-30
24th Mar 2017

The hostel is in a great central location, just steps away from old town and across the bridge from hip Galma Stan area. We had a private room which felt more like a guesthouse than a hostel, comfortable beds and a good size room - great for a hostel. This is a quiet hostel though and is not good if you want to meet other travellers, although we were happy that it wasn't a party hostel. Highly recommended if you want comfort, quiet and good location.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
8th Mar 2017

Friendly staff and clean facilities, good location

• Australia, Female, 41+
12th Feb 2017
2.0

When I inquired about a refund, the manager became extremely nasty to me. I told him about his duty of care under international law. When I first came into the hostel I couldn't get a chance to talk to him, he was on the phone, but I picked up on some sort of vibe from him. He didn't seem to want to acknowledge me. He also swore at me, and said, 'Jesus Christ' which has an extremely harsh tone and imagery to it. He asked me to leave in a very cruel, cold way, when I was leaving anyway.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
26th Dec 2016

I arrived in the middle of the day when they were closed and wasn't sent to code for the door until well after I'd left the airport and lost wifi. I wasn't able to get into the building and had to carry all my luggage around with me for the whole day. Pretty annoying. But the room was comfortable and clean, and the location is PERFECT! Super convenient for the main station and right in Gamla Stan, which is the best part, I think!

• Turkey, Female, 25-30
13th Dec 2016
7.7

Great location, quiet and warm inside. The private room was too small but it's ok for a short stay.