Dockside Hostel Old Town Reviews

Skeppsbron 40, Stockholm, Sweden

The room was adequate, but it would have been nice to be able to open the window to get some fresh air (the window was too high to reach). The room was conviently located close to the showers. However, the toilets were quite far from the room and it was a bit annoying to pass through the reception area to reach the toilets. The location of the hostel is absolutely fantastic, as it's close to the restaurants and shops in Gamla stan. The reception staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

You shouldnt accept People in here anymore- there is so many probleme about : -rooms are dirty : floors/ maltress-pillow/ sheets-towels sont smell clean / 8people in the same rome and juste one light working -1 window- no air condition - bed grumping- 1 plug for 3 person - electricity : we can see it everwhere mixed and not far away from water - bathroom: its not a bathroom - worst than camping : no cleaning no light - Franckly horrible! Ok its not expensive but it is so dirty, Never agai

• 13th Jun 2015

pretty boring stay here, the hostel is really intended for everyone but travellers. my room smelt of strawberry yogurt for the 4 days I stayed there. I didn't really understand which bed was mine when I got to the hostel as they all looked slept in. but the location was decent.

Personally I glad I only had a short stay here, you get what you pay for. The chap on reception was and really helpful. The of the hostel is fab, right on the edge of Old Town, which is beautiful and full of character. The down side to the hostel is you are into rooms, with no space for your bags, and let's face it, they are the most thing to us when travelling. There is a small locker in the room so you can secure your most belongings (bring a padlock)

Great location, really helpful staff. Bedside lights need fixing in room 6.... Other than that no issues at all!

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Wales

My twin room is too small. We don't have the room to put my luggages in the floor. Two toilets were very dirty! I didn't see that staff cleaned up for 4days. My husband's bed's one leg was broken. It's terrible! That choice was my big mistake!!!

The cleanliness is really good! I love this hostel =)

good location..

Fantastic hostel with the most superb staff!!

We stayed in a room which is at the basement floor. When we got into our room, the window was open and the whole room was freezing (since it was 5 celcius outside). The staff came and tried to close the window. However, the lock of the window was broken, and the air was still passing through window. When we asked to get a heater or a blanket, they said that the hostel does not have one. So, we spent our night in the frozen room and all of us become sick. It was such a disappointment!

A rather dangerous staircase to handle luggage due to a tiny landing by the front door, and spiral stairs downstairs to showers, easy to slip on, and tricky when carrying a heavy bag.

• 1st May 2015
  • Poland

Staff were very friendly and helpful. This is a great location, in the old town and close to the metro and a grocery store. Wifi worked well

Honestly, the only really good thing about this hostel is its location. Located riverside right in Gamla Stan. We were first assigned a room in the basement. A room, in which the window cannot be opened. We then moved to a room next door, where the window could slightly be opened if you are tall and flexible and would like to climb a bit through the room. Cleanliness exists only superficially. We were aware beforehand of staff not being always around and of only two restrooms - no issues there.

The hostel has a good location in the southern part of Old Town. The staff was nice and the hostel was clean and moderately priced. There is a kitchen but the common areas are very small.

The Hostel's best asset was its central location in Gamla Stan. A really beautiful area. Though the cleanliness and the facilities were very poor. Often there was no toilet paper in the 2 TOILETS of the entire place. It was difficult to shower without getting your dry clothes at the side wet. The reception was open for very short times and it was very awkward for late comers who would have to often phone up someone. There was only 1 hob working in the kitchen which made cooking difficult.

Very clean and great location. Beds were comfortable, but you have to bring your own sheets/towels. Showers had hot water and good water pressure. I did late check in, and they made it very easy to get into my room. My only complaint is the lack of staffed hours. Their reception desk is open 9-11am and 3-6pm, and you have to go to the staff in order to pay for your room. As an early riser, it was pretty frustrating to either have to come back to the hostel in the morning or to wait until 9.

• 17th Apr 2015

I highly recommend the hostel. Yours Anders

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

The owner waited until i arrived even so i come out of operating hours. The place is realy nice and super close to the waterside (could see the sunrise above the water from my room) and the Bus 76 is going in front of the hostel as well as the subway which is close to the place. I really recommend that place and will stay there again!

The owner went until i arrived even so i come out of operating hours. The place is realy nice and super close to the waterside (could see the sunrise above the water from my room) and the Bus 76 is going in front of the hostel as well as the subway which is close to the place. I really recommend that place and will stay there again!

!!!!!DO NOT GO.!!!! Reception Closes at 18:00.. After that you will receive a e-mail explaining how to proceed. I was supposed to be there at 17:00 my flight delayed And i got there at 19:00... So i didn't get both. I States there with all luggage no cellphone or internet to conect in 2°C at night in sweden!! I got a cellphone And call the guy. He gave the password to come in.. Just one corridor, dark, Not even a single soul inside.... I just left..