Dockside Hostel Old Town Reviews

Skeppsbron 40, Stockholm, Sweden

I liked the hostel all in all, especially its location, but thought the the showers really could be more clean.

• 20th Aug 2015

THE DOOR INTO THE HOSTEL ALMOST PUT ME OFF STAYING,YOU NEED TO PAINT THE FRONT DOOR A CLEAN WASHABLE WHITE AND CLEAN THE WALLS AROUND THE DOOR.MAY BE A NICE SIGN SAYING WELCOME TO YOUR HOSTEL.IT MUST BE INVITING AS IT IS IT LOOKS LIKE A RUN DOWN ESTABLISHMENT JUST BECAUSE OF THE FRONT DOOR.ALSO BOTH TOILETS WHEN I WAS THEIR DID NOT HAVE ANY TOILET ROLL AVAILABLE I HOPE THIS HELPS.THANKS

• 19th Aug 2015

Lovely location, we stayed in a private twin room which was fairly clean. There weren't many showers or toilets, but it didn't seem to be too much of an issue. There was a small kitchen with a coupe of hobs, fridge and a microwave in- but only enough room for one person to cook at a time.

This hostel feels like it could be a quaint little place to stay, with a wonderful location in the city's oldest neighborhood, a tiny dining area, and family management. For this quaintness, I'd be willing to accept crowded rooms, sparse reception hours, and strict rules. However, it feels that the hostel does not hold up it's side of the quaintness bargain by keeping things clean and tidy. Pros: location, kind of quaint Cons: few reception hours, cleanliness, tiny lockers, crowded rooms

The room itself was nice, but the showers were dirty / old / mouldy

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

I thought that the staff were particularly helpful and friendly. I needed to wash a lot of my clothes and the receptionists knew exactly where I could go and researched opening times. Nothing was too much work for the receptionists and they really added value to my stay.

• 10th Aug 2015