Dockside Hostel Old Town Reviews

Skeppsbron 40, Stockholm, Sweden

The Hostel's best asset was its central location in Gamla Stan. A really beautiful area. Though the cleanliness and the facilities were very poor. Often there was no toilet paper in the 2 TOILETS of the entire place. It was difficult to shower without getting your dry clothes at the side wet. The reception was open for very short times and it was very awkward for late comers who would have to often phone up someone. There was only 1 hob working in the kitchen which made cooking difficult.

Very clean and great location. Beds were comfortable, but you have to bring your own sheets/towels. Showers had hot water and good water pressure. I did late check in, and they made it very easy to get into my room. My only complaint is the lack of staffed hours. Their reception desk is open 9-11am and 3-6pm, and you have to go to the staff in order to pay for your room. As an early riser, it was pretty frustrating to either have to come back to the hostel in the morning or to wait until 9.

• 17th Apr 2015

I highly recommend the hostel. Yours Anders

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

The owner waited until i arrived even so i come out of operating hours. The place is realy nice and super close to the waterside (could see the sunrise above the water from my room) and the Bus 76 is going in front of the hostel as well as the subway which is close to the place. I really recommend that place and will stay there again!

The owner went until i arrived even so i come out of operating hours. The place is realy nice and super close to the waterside (could see the sunrise above the water from my room) and the Bus 76 is going in front of the hostel as well as the subway which is close to the place. I really recommend that place and will stay there again!

!!!!!DO NOT GO.!!!! Reception Closes at 18:00.. After that you will receive a e-mail explaining how to proceed. I was supposed to be there at 17:00 my flight delayed And i got there at 19:00... So i didn't get both. I States there with all luggage no cellphone or internet to conect in 2°C at night in sweden!! I got a cellphone And call the guy. He gave the password to come in.. Just one corridor, dark, Not even a single soul inside.... I just left..

1 2 Next » last »