Dolce Vita Hostel Reviews

Soriano 1536 esq. Salto, Montevideo, Uruguay

Awesome staff! Great little hostel! They even had a live band playing in the basement one night! Pretty fun!

The location is good, close to the centre. The room we stayed in (4-bed-dorm) had no window, so that there was no fresh air getting in, which I didn't like. I think the other dorms had none, either. There is no possibility to lock the doors of the room, so you should leave anything valuable in the lockers. There is only one shower for men and one for women, which can get problem when the hostel is quite full. The staff was nice and breakfast is okay, have seen worse.

Was my second time there. The staff is always the strongest feature of the hostel. Good location, in Palermo, and with a nice pool table in the basement.

Staff speak great english and very helpful. Rooms nice and clean. Lots of amenities in the hostel. Nice location a block or two off one of the major streets, which means being close to things but still being quiet at night. Within walking distance from beach and port if you're up for a hike. Overall a good hostel, but just didn't quite have that vibe that brings people together and makes a great hostel, at least not when I was there.

Great location, a lovely place to stay for a night or two

The hostel is nice and an old house. But what really made our stay was the hostel owner, a young guy Andreas. He went out of his way to make our stay more enjoyable, and it was so interesting and fun learning about Uruguay. We would highly recommend staying here!! Fi and Ben from Australia

Nice place to stay. The staff is helpful and the rooms are clean and very spacious. Met a few nice people there too. Breakfast was ok...

Loved this place, loved the awesome Andres who runs it too; so helpful and hilarious.Great vibes and loads of in hostel entertainment. Parties are easy here so it's worth noting if you want a silent night it may not be for you as the dorm backs onto the communal space. It rained EVERYDAY I was there but being at the hostel made it OK. Andres went to every extent to show us a good time regardless and I'd go back in a shot.

I do love this place! I spent there almost one week and I felt like at home. Rooms are very spacious and there is plenty of common space. The location is also great. Just one block from the main street where you can find buses to everywhere. I recommend this place .

Would definitely stay again. Andrés, the owner, has the BEST TIPS EVER and will not rest until you have a really nice experience in Montevideo. The staff is nice, the place is clean, the rooms are huge and they have this wonderful terrace. The atmosphere is awesome and the building is old and incredibly beautiful. The only problem was that people stayed every night until 3 a.m. (including staff) smoking and talking really loud outside our window and cigarette smoke was all over the room.

Great hostel with big rooms and high ceilings. A really good idea to have the computers and TV downstairs in the basement, it was nice cool down there. Staff was great, gave good advices and helped with bus connections. I definitly would recommend the hostel!

Really friendly and helpful staff.

• 13th Dec 2013

This hostel was amazing, one of the best we have stayed in. Andres the owner knew Montevideo so well and was able to recommend something for every taste. Recommendations of restaurants, cultural events, day trips and parties were all spot on. All of the staff went above and beyond to make Montevideo one of our favorite cities so far. More like staying at friends place than a hostel. We both spent a few nights out the front chatting with the occasional guitar rif from Andres.

Dolce vita is amazing and I recomend to all the travelers that are coming to visit Montevideo. The staff is cool!..El tano is a very friendly italian/uruguaian guy,Emi cooks the best bread for the breakfast ever, Santi is the best dancer EVER and Lu has a very sweet and friendly smile.I have to stay that Im very surprised how clean the hostel is and how much they care about all the details in the hostel.=) Its a very cozy atmosfere,good music,nice barbecues and it feels confortable.

• 2nd Nov 2013