Dolphin Hostel Reviews

168 Lefter Talo Street, Saranda, Albania

Only spent a night but the hostel staff was very friendly and helpful. It was over booked to the point where they didn't have a bed for us even though I had a reservation but they were able to square it away. No lockers but overall, it was a chilled place to stay.

We arrived at this hostel at about 9pm and it seemed really friendly. However even though we booked 2 beds in a female form and one in a mixed what we were actually given was a bed in a mixed dorm with no door on it and a double bed literally in the kitchen/lobby without any apology from the staff or promise of some refund. The kitchen bed was dirty and when we wanted to go to bed after a long day people were cooking 2m from our bed. This was not what we booked and unacceptable.

Awesome staff, very friendly and funny, they will help you with the busses and have good tips ! It is also nice located. We had a great time there :)

Nice wibe and atmoshpere, a good place to meet fellow backpackers. No frills, basic facilities. Unfortunately the bathroom quite dirty and there are no lockers. Staff very friendly.

This hostel has an amazing staff, a perfect location and makes your stay in Saranda quite enjoyable. The fact is that it is a dirty beach hostel though so if you value you pristine cleanliness over atmosphere, this place isn't for you. If you are looking for a quick walk to the beach and beers with fellow travelers on the balcony, then it is.

The hostel is messy as they accept more people than beds available. I arrived early, got my bed, went out and when I got back at 6pm, there was someone else on my bed. And this happened to other people too. The owner doesn't have much infos on buses and so, which I think is important

Staff and location were fantastic. However a fan for air conditioning doesn't suffice when it's 30 at night. Also there were no lockers in this hostel which would be a massive problem for solo travellers

Really nice hostel, run by a lovely couple. The owners are really helpful, friendly and sociable. Nice terrace looking over the sea.

most amazing staff and atmosphere you could ask for. The rooms were a little hot but you can't change the weather, the common area out the front makes for a fantastic setting to the nights too!

More sockets would be great.The location is excellent,so central!!

Great hostel just near the bus stop with an airy terrace and comfy rooms. The owner is very hospitable!

When we arrived the Hostel owner was very nice and keen to chat but then told us that our room was taken and took us to a separate apartment building down the street. It meant we had our own bathroom and kitchen but lost connection to the wifi and we were unable to lock our room when leaving. It wasn't a huge concern as there was a lockable gate at the bottom of the stairs but a couple of times we came back to find the gate unlocked.

Friendly, homely and clean and the balcony makes a relaxing place to sit with a good view of the sea. Also it;s right next to the bus stop which is handy and close to the centre of town and beach. French toast for brekky :)

This place is GREAT!! I came to spend one night, and I ended up spending two weeks :) The location is perfect - you only have to walk a block to get most everything you need: food from the shops or local restaurants, ATMs, buses to next destinations, and an easy 2 minute walk down to the beach and seaside promenade and its nightlife. The host is now a close friend that I expect to stay in touch with for years to come - Mesi really looks after everyone well and wants you to feel at home. Enjoy!

• 3rd Jun 2015

Really great place to spend your time, the hostel is clean, staff very friendly and the location is just 5 minutes by walk from a beautiful beach. I would say it's a very mediterranean-style hostel, where people are very open and nice, you can eat delicious local food and organize some trip to the closest national park (i'm sure the hostel staff would help you to get a transportation to get there as they helped me). Advice: introduce a rent-a-bike for your guests or some other services.