Dolphin Lodge Backpackers Reviews

15 Deal Street, Kaikoura, Kaikoura, New Zealand

A lovely stay, with clean tidy rooms at an affordable price. Wonderful helpful service, thank you.

• 20th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Nice hostel and great view from the balcony. I was disappointed that the hot tub was temporarily out of order. I got free WiFi though, which was nice, as they used to charge for it. I liked the wood stove - it made the lounge nice and cosy.

• 28th Jun 2015

I was pleasantly surprised, that I didn't had to get the water for my shower from the sea. Parsimonious vibe as only few electric sockets in the house are available and even better: the one socket in the dorm room shuts down of after 30minutes and you have to reactivate it again - good luck with recharging your cellphone. It was also the first hostel in my life, where I was asked to pay an extra fee for using the living room to wait for the bus after checkout. The parsimonious attitude

• 9th May 2015

Loved this hostel. Really friendly and welcoming. Quiet but sociable at the same time.

Having timers on the wall plugs was a huge pain!! pretty much everyone these days needs to charge something overnight and i find it ridiculous and cheap that you would have such restrictions on this! we needed our phones for navigation and as cameras.

The bathrooms were terrible. Staff did what they needed to but nothing more. Kitchen and lounge facilities were nice.