Dolphin Lodge Backpackers Reviews

15 Deal Street, Kaikoura, Kaikoura, New Zealand

Excellent

I was pleasantly surprised, that I didn't had to get the water for my shower from the sea. Parsimonious vibe as only few electric sockets in the house are available and even better: the one socket in the dorm room shuts down of after 30minutes and you have to reactivate it again - good luck with recharging your cellphone. It was also the first hostel in my life, where I was asked to pay an extra fee for using the living room to wait for the bus after checkout. The parsimonious attitude

• 9th May 2015

Loved this hostel. Really friendly and welcoming. Quiet but sociable at the same time.

Having timers on the wall plugs was a huge pain!! pretty much everyone these days needs to charge something overnight and i find it ridiculous and cheap that you would have such restrictions on this! we needed our phones for navigation and as cameras.

The bathrooms were terrible. Staff did what they needed to but nothing more. Kitchen and lounge facilities were nice.

Such a lovely hostel! The staff were super kind and always happy to help. It had a lovely atmosphere and everyone seemed friendly. I left my door open to my bunk room pretty much 24/7 and had no problems so it's super safe. Kitchen is a tad small but still very nice. It's quite far from the supermarket (half an hour walk) but that's just cause it's out of town.

Nice atmosphere in the lounge, could sit and talk to each other, enjoy the sun in the garden...

Nice hostel, clean and homey atmosphere. Met some nice people there. Great view from the top of a hill.

Wonderful place! Nice view and garden that made you want to hang out in the hostel all day :)

This hostel was a good location (although Kaikoura is pretty small so there's little option) but it was rather shabby around the edges. The room was clean enough and the outside areas were nice in the evenings, but the bathrooms were a bit run down. Although it was good value for money, I've stayed in nicer accommodation for a lot less.

Stayed here for a night and had a great time. Lovely little hostel in a great location with a great outside area and nice view. Bathroom definitely could have been a bit cleaner though!

Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed in! Gorgeous deck with spa and lovely views of the sea and mountains, best place to eat breakfast! Lots of space to relax, also really nice to be in a dorm that's not full of bunks! Small enough that you get to know everyone there, pretty much perfect :)

Very nice, cosy place. Amazng view from the terrace. Well equipped kitchen. You can rent a bike over there. I would like to come back :)