Doma Hostel Reviews

Maza Jaunavu iela 8, Level 2, Riga, Latvia

Very friendly staff and very helpful :)

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

Excellent location right in the middle of the old town of Riga. We had booked a private room for 2 nights and upon arrival we were asked to move to a 2nd hostel in the city (same owners). As it came across we'd be doing them a favour this way, we agreed. The other hostel however is slightly further away from the old town and to be honest facilites there were not bad but poorer as in Doma. This hostel (Jacob's Inn) was right above a restaurant, with a fishy smell from time to time.

Scumbags. I booked this place months in advance as a single traveller but on my day of arrival they gave my spot away to a group of four because they could make more money off them. Instead they palmed me off to the worst hostel I've ever stayed at (Cheapy Hostel) which was absolutely disgusting. The bathrooms were not in a usable and there was no security, not a single lock on any door or lockers for luggage. I ended up staying my last night at the Naughty Squirrel next door which was fantastic

There were only 2 toilets for 70+ potential guests. One toilet was non- functional for @24 hours. Staff was diligent about the repair, but there should be more working toilets for this size hostel.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Perfect location, nice staff but they don't speak very good english, but you can undersand them.

We arrived & greeted very nicely- they held onto our bags until check in was available. We were on the first floor with rooms. On the floor was a tiny kitchenette which was also the sink in which you must wash your hands & brush your teeth. We thought this was poor (no sinks?!?) The toilet wasn't the cleanest and we had to ask for toilet paper replacement numerous times. wifi connection was terrible in rooms and beds were hard but clean.. AMAZING location. Overall ok with some improvements.

• 24th May 2015
  • Portugal

There aren't cups in the kitchen. We waited for hot water two hours

Staff were very friendly and although the beds were not the most comfortable, the location and price made up for this.

Small hostel in the centre of Riga. Perfect location and nice staff.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Spain

The staff were extremely friendly and we were well looked after the whole time we stayed there. Anything we needed they helped us with and were very accomodating. Everyone who was with me would recommend going back to Doma Hostel.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Amazing location and really nice place. I'd definitely stay here again. The only downside was the lack of hot water. There was a boiler next to the bathroom but it ran out. However as the hostel is so near to everywhere, you can go out in the morning and then come back after lunch and it will have warmed up by then! Definitely should stay here though.