Doma Hostel Reviews

Maza Jaunavu iela 8, Level 2, Riga, Latvia

Great location! Nothing fancy. The beds are comfy, the staff is helpful. Yes only 1 bathroom, and the only sink is a kitchen sink. Booked a private 4 bed, thinking there would be a full size bed in there family style, as described online... But we got a dorm room that fits 11 and were promised the whole room to ourselves. Which I guess is fine, we just looking for something with a more intimate feel. Otherwise really satisfied and would stay there again.

Great wellcoming staff and excellent location

Very friendly staff and very helpful :)

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

Excellent location right in the middle of the old town of Riga. We had booked a private room for 2 nights and upon arrival we were asked to move to a 2nd hostel in the city (same owners). As it came across we'd be doing them a favour this way, we agreed. The other hostel however is slightly further away from the old town and to be honest facilites there were not bad but poorer as in Doma. This hostel (Jacob's Inn) was right above a restaurant, with a fishy smell from time to time.

Scumbags. I booked this place months in advance as a single traveller but on my day of arrival they gave my spot away to a group of four because they could make more money off them. Instead they palmed me off to the worst hostel I've ever stayed at (Cheapy Hostel) which was absolutely disgusting. The bathrooms were not in a usable and there was no security, not a single lock on any door or lockers for luggage. I ended up staying my last night at the Naughty Squirrel next door which was fantastic

There were only 2 toilets for 70+ potential guests. One toilet was non- functional for @24 hours. Staff was diligent about the repair, but there should be more working toilets for this size hostel.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Perfect location, nice staff but they don't speak very good english, but you can undersand them.