Doma Hostel Reviews

Maza Jaunavu iela 8, Level 2, Riga, Latvia

Jacobs Inn (which belongs to DomaHostel and is 5 walking minutes away), is located in the very city center of Riga. We could use the wasching maschine, which the friendly staff explained us how to use. The hostel was quite calm and clean.

Although I booked a hostel at the end of April (two months earlier), we were family moved in privat apartment. Apparently a group of people came from Great Britain. In that apartment living single man with a dog and around the apartment is full of dog hair. The man with the dog moved only at our arrival and no one has anything clean. Beds were not any, and we slept on the floor. It's good that we at least get clean linens and towels.

I wouldn't really know how to Rate Doma hostel because when me and my travelling partner arrived, we were told that we are going to be relocated to another hostel 'for the same price and room'. Arriving to the other hostel, we saw that it was nothing like we expected and had payd for. The room was very small with no window, it stinked and the whole hostel looked dirty. We felt cheated by the Doma hostel and didn't stay more than one night in the end. The worst hostel experience of my life.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Estonia

Well, the location of this hostel is just great: it faces the main square of the city, which means that you also have to support music and city noise until late. The hostel itself is clean and comfortable, but, maybe, too "formal". The only thing I really didn't like was an approach of a lady on the reception: I do really think It's better to avoid political issues with people you don't know.

My running shoes were stolen from "in front of" my room. Even if we were in a closed hostel were only guests can enter the house, someone from the guests (or I even suspect the hosts) took them. There were some suspicious "local" guests in the hostel - and I suspect they did it. Also some of the beverages that we left in the fridge were missing as well. Awful security indeed.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Macedonia

Great owner, amazing beds.

I'm never that amped when a group of 24 people show up at 1am and cause havoc. Also, only one bathroom in this place?

The hostel has a boiler limited, when we tried to have a shower before to sleep there wasn´t hot water, the location is ideal, the kitchen is too small, no more than one person can cook