Dominica Hostel Santiago Reviews

Dominica 24, Santiago, Chile

Great place. 10 or so minute walk from metro. Great location for food and party. Right near the zoo/funicular up the mountain (must do at sunset but catch the last one back down as the walk is ridiculously long!) Staff speak little English, but they try and they create an amazing atmosphere. Everything was very clean, especially showers. Great area downstairs with bar at night and chill out movie room.

This is my favorite hostel so far in my South American backpacking journey. Really clean, very beautiful aesthetic, close to everything. I had a private room with my bud which was very nice, totally worth the price. The dorms looked really cool too, if we had wanted that. Breakfast could be better, but otherwise awesome!

Very nice staff, good location, nice double rooms and good breakfast. Nothing to complain about. Definitely worth a stay when visiting Santiago

• 3rd Mar 2015

Great location! Friendly staff! They were very helpfully to me in making shuttle arrangements to the airport for an early morning flight. The night attendant was very nice to call again and confirm when they were running a bit late. (The only time I tend to get a bit panicky when traveling)

Girlfriend and I stayed in the dorms. The layout is very nice, more privacy than a typical dorm with good storage space in your bunk for all of your belonging that locks. Well built. The beds we pretty bad, springs in your back at all times, but with that said were not a deal breaker. Also the place can be quite noisy, so bring some good earplugs. Big, comfortable movie room, lots of movies, and hangout downstairs with good sound system. Really cool place. Free wine night on Mondays.

Male showers could do with a bit of maintenance. Lack of air con made it uncomfortable as my first stop in South America. Decent breakfast, good wifi, great pizza place at the back, friendly staff! Good area too, plenty of bars/restaurants, near enough to the metro to walk from after arriving from the airport. Overall, would recommend!

Great hostel!!! An example for others, a dream for backpackers!

The nicest hostel I've ever stayed at but also the loudest. The house is beautiful and everything is new and modern. Great bathrooms. Plugs in each bed. Great location but very loud from the music at the bars. Also the staff had a party in the yard and were blasting music until 1am right into the rooms. Don't stay here if you need to sleep but the facilities are amazing.

Found this place to be hit and miss. First, the bad. We booked a 'private' room. However the concept of privacy was smashed into pieces by paper thin walls and an open bathroom right outside our door. Was noisy, both in terms of others in the hostel and the noise from the nearby bars. Room was tiny and hot as hell as well. However, staff were really nice and the common areas here were lovely, including a nice patio area out back. If you want bars, they are pretty much next door.

I had such a great stay here. Good atmosphere, really helpful staff, each bunk has its own storage cupboard, lamp and plug. I recommend staying here if you're into the night life too as its right in the heart of Bellavista, one of the lively suburbs of Santiago. It is also walking distance to the central mercado, fresh produce market, Santa Lucia and of course Cerro San Cristobal which is on your back doorstep should you choose to stay here. I'll be staying here again on my return to Santiago.

Very nice hostel, in the fantastic Bella Vista area. Rooms are clean and pretty. Wifi works perfectly and breakfast is good. We recommend absolutely.