Don King Hostel Reviews

Silvio Ruggieri 2785, Buenos Aires, Argentina

It was very loud at night with the staff blasting music in the lobby which we could hear from our room on the ground floor.

This place has a great location between the two central neighbourhoods of Palermo and Recoleta. You can reach both on foot very easily, and there are the Museum of Latin American Art, the Recoleta cemetery and several parks all nearby. The hostel itself is very simple and comfortable. The only downside was that it became a bit of a party place at the weekend, so I woke up a bit during the night. The staff were very nice and agreed to turn the music down a bit once I asked.

I had a wonderful stay at Don King Hostel. The location in Palermo is perfect - close to many sites and easy to get to the metro. The staff is excellent and always happy to help with everything. They make a big effort to make everyone feel at home. The rooms and common areas are really clean and comfortable with really good wifi. I would definitely stay here again.

The owners/employees make this place great. Dont be put-off at first by their detached sort of style, they are all cool and welcoming guys once they open up. The facilities are a little lacking, with two showers for the whole hostel, but there was never a line and it all went smoothly. The guys cooked out back for us a few times, which was a ton of fun. There is ample cooking space, the beds are comfortable enough, and the common areas are comfortable. Good atmosphere, kinda miss that place...

the hostel is fine, a bit big for me. The dorm are basics but ok.It's not far from the AEP airport.

3 days became 10. I even went and checked out another potential hostel, just for a change of location, but didnt find anything this good for the price. Staff were great, helpful and really friendly. Always ready to kick back with a beer after their shift. Common area has aircon and cheap beers :) Kitchen and stuff was fine. Cleaned daily. Brekky was toast, croissant and coffee, plus some super chilled tunes to listen to. :) Not the most central, but subte is fast, cheap. Cheap taxi to Palermo

Where do I start? The place was really average mostly: really good Internet connection, AC everywhere, OK staff, old furniture, not always clean bathrooms, lockers outside the room, some breakfast, etc. But I was starting to feel comfortable there until I discovered that my dress had been stolen from the hanger in the closet. The staff handled it really well: offered to pay me for the loss of the dress but for me it was of extreme sentimental value, so its loss caused me a great deal of pain.

Staff were very friendly. Dorm is low priced & thus good value for money. Toilet a little dodgy. Plugs available to charge devices & good wi-fi. You'll meet some interesting people here.

Awesome hostel. Located in a very safe and residential neighborhood within walking distance of bars clubs and subway. I would suggest staying here rather than anywhere in Centro or San Telmo. Great price! Great Location! Great hostel! Would recommend.

Hostel staff plays loud music at night.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels