Don King Hostel Reviews

Silvio Ruggieri 2785, Buenos Aires, Argentina

All the hostel staff were very sweet, friendly and relaxed. Although the hostel itself is basic and our twin room got quite stuffy at night, it's in a good location for getting around Buenos Aires. The shower was particularly nice (powerful and hot!). Not huge luxury, but very decent for a city hostel.

I stayed at Don King hostel for a week and really enjoyed my time here. The atmosphere is chilled but fun, and they play great music. The beds are comfortable and the shower is always hot with lots of water pressure. There is a fully stocked kitchen and the breakfast is delicious - croissants, brown and white toast, cereal, coffee and tea. The staff are very helpful, and I was even given advice on purchasing a bus ticket which saved me almost 300 pesos. Thanks Don King!

The staff only spoke spanish Room very small Beds old and not confortable Nothing really clean neither bathroom nor beds nor dishes Wouldn 't stay there another time

Second floor bathrooms are battered and could be cleaner. Bunk beds all wobbly. Couldn´t get cell phone signal inside the room. Nightstaff was excessively confrontational when I got the room number wrong after just one night there.

Music was ridiculously loud at all times, no lockers in the bedroom, air conditioning was pretty poor depending on where in the room your bed was, breakfast was very basic, staff were however pretty helpful on our last day trying to find directions

Only stayed one night. Staff very unhelpful. More interested in match on TV. Asked for somewhere nice to eat sent us to shopping mall. Room was ok. Private bunk? with fridge? Kitchen not well equipped or clean. Lacking showers and toilets.

It was very loud at night with the staff blasting music in the lobby which we could hear from our room on the ground floor.

This place has a great location between the two central neighbourhoods of Palermo and Recoleta. You can reach both on foot very easily, and there are the Museum of Latin American Art, the Recoleta cemetery and several parks all nearby. The hostel itself is very simple and comfortable. The only downside was that it became a bit of a party place at the weekend, so I woke up a bit during the night. The staff were very nice and agreed to turn the music down a bit once I asked.

I had a wonderful stay at Don King Hostel. The location in Palermo is perfect - close to many sites and easy to get to the metro. The staff is excellent and always happy to help with everything. They make a big effort to make everyone feel at home. The rooms and common areas are really clean and comfortable with really good wifi. I would definitely stay here again.

The owners/employees make this place great. Dont be put-off at first by their detached sort of style, they are all cool and welcoming guys once they open up. The facilities are a little lacking, with two showers for the whole hostel, but there was never a line and it all went smoothly. The guys cooked out back for us a few times, which was a ton of fun. There is ample cooking space, the beds are comfortable enough, and the common areas are comfortable. Good atmosphere, kinda miss that place...

the hostel is fine, a bit big for me. The dorm are basics but ok.It's not far from the AEP airport.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels