Don Santiago Hostel

Fabulous 912 Total Reviews
Fabulous 912 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 31-40
16th Aug 2017

Loved the location, near the red metro line which is v. handy for things esp. bus stations. Also the Human Rights museum and Cafe Forestero (best coffee I've had in chile). Also nearby I recommend Peluqueria Francesa (exp. but unique and I had an English speaking waiter - rare). It's lovely just to walk around the neighbourhood. The staff here were absolutely lovely and the breakfast is too. I loved being offered a cup of tea when I came in at the end of the day esp. as it was cold in Santiago!

5th Aug 2017

Wonderful hostel. The staff are all very friendly, and they create a cozy atmosphere in which it's nice and easy to meet your fellow travelers. Breakfast is great. Pato was very thoughtful, I was having a late morning at one point and didn't have time for breakfast, so he offered me tea to go and a banana. Alberto was also really great, he helped me catch a taxi in the rain on my last day. Bathrooms were clean and well stocked. Bed was comfy. Would definitely stay here again!

• USA, Male, 18-24
26th Jul 2017

Great stay overall. Met some really fun, interesting people, and the staff was great. Particularly pleased with the breakfast provided (assorted fruits and veggies, eggs, toast). A little out of the way from the main stuff, and wasn't the nicest place but alright for what it costs.

• ertancetinkaya
  • Turkey, Mixed Group, 31-40
18th Jul 2017

The breakfast was excellent. Alberto and his friend was very helpful and kindly hosted us. Hostel was quite and the ambience was quite good to get the know other travelers. In addition to this, when we check out they let us leave our luggages and have a sit until the our flight. However Alberto's friend didn't let us to change our dress on the upstairs. Because of the check out which is a good thing but he didn't said it kindly.

Dear guests: Thanks for your review. We are sorry about how you felt about asking you to follow just a few rules in the hostel. We are nice enough to clean and smile when our guests get a little happy, having a bottle of pisco, yada yada, I know you guys enjoyed your stay though.. Much energy for the family DSH

11th Jul 2017

The atmosphere in this hostel is unlike any other I've stayed in. The staff is unbelievably friendly, and the weekly jam sessions were a blast. I dug the hell out of hanging out with Pato and Lisandro! The location was ideal for my purposes, also.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
11th Jul 2017
8.0

Comfy bed. Not every bed has power outlet. Shower I had was cold however I noticed others were able to have hot showers. Location is convenient for transport to and from airport and there are eateries around, however I did not feel secure walking around.

Dear guest: As I told you here, you need to have attitude when traveling, if you look weak to people, it`s likely some thieves will come to assult you. If you look confindent, you will be fine, trust me. It`s a traveler attitude you need to work on, lift your face,your back, look at people in the eyes. You only stayed for 1 night in santiago, and your judgement is according to 1 night staying the area you didn`t feel safe. Please don`t have cold showers, if there is one no working let us kwno inmediately, and we can fix it. Sometimes we reun out of gas and we need to change it for a new one. please don`t take cold showers!

10th Jul 2017

Perfect, warm and amazing breakfast! Juanita does an amazing job, it includes apples, oranges, kiwi, eggs, slices of tomato and zucchini with toast and juice. Coffee and tea all day long. There are instruments as the owner is a performer himself. Wonderful bakery down the street. Everything you may want to see is a 15-30 min walk. Minutes away from metro and bus stops and 17 from museum of memory. Literally the best I could of asked for. Also workers are super intelligent and friendly! ❤️❤️❤️

• USA, Female, 25-30
10th Jul 2017

Someone is awake the entire night to keep an eye on things and let guests in when they ring the bell. The person working is always playing some type of music, which is nice, and they have always been willing to make friendly small talk. That is a personal preference but I liked it. The location seemed good but was hard for me to judge because I'm not familiar with the area. There are some bars and shops very nearby. It is also just a short walk away from the bus line.

7th Jul 2017

We had a great stay here. The staff were all super friendly and helpful, and it felt like we were walking into someone's house. Breakfast is out of this world!

6th Jul 2017

We thought the hostel employee at night was so extremely welcoming! We only stayed for a night before heading to the airport. He made it worth it. Stayed in double room. Pretty basic, but fine!