Don Santiago Hostel Reviews

Av. Ricardo Cumming 95, Santiago, Chile

It is a small house town Hostel, Staff was super friendly, however my stay was tainted by the fact that I did found this hostel noisy, noises travels very easily from street, people chatting in the living room late at night or in the backyard.

Dear customer, I´m sorry but we advertise a youth hostel. Currently is summer time in Santiago, and people tends have a cold beer in the patio, and, subsequently, socialize We are not a party hostel though. Curfew starts at 1:00. Then people can choose between going out to parties, bars close by or go to bed. Unless, of course everyone gets involved in the party, like the day you stayed and locked down in your room. =/

Thank you guys for that friendly and warming welcome. we followed a friends recommendation for this one. def worth it. people are friendly and relaxed, rooms are clean. you get good advice on where to get some tasty food. only downside, the rooms don´t have a window to the outside of the builidings and the air gets pretty heavy during the nights.

lovely place with great atmosphere! Perfect hostel to start my trip through south america!

• 26th Nov 2014

Was a fantastic stay a Don Santiago, Staff are fantastic and always happy to help if they can they put on great activities and events for the guests and its in a great location! would stay again without hesitation.

The best hostel i've been staying in so far! Small hostel with nice atmosphere, great staff, excellent breakfast, free terremoto and pisco sour some nights. Great hiking to the glacier with Alberto. I highly recommend this hostel!

Really nice and friendly staff! Location ok, we liked the Barrio Brasil. Quite close to the airport bus (Centropuerto). Our double room was super nice, kind of Pippi Longstocking style :-) Beautiful wooden floor, small balcony, pink/green walls and two huge beds. Cons: really loud traffic noise through balcony doors/windows, and also quite a noisy building itself (old wood + you hear other guests). Only one toilet upstairs (shared between 2 dorms+double room). Very good breakfast in cosy room!

Nice friendly hostel. Bit far from town (30min walk to Bellavista) but good local facilities.

Second time we have stayed, again very good hostal. We arrived at 6:30am and were allowed into our room early (luckily it was free) but still good of them to let us in early to sleep after night flight! We emailed Pablo, before we arrived, to see if we could have breakfast that morning as we were leaving early the next day, again absolutely no problem and he responded quickly. All the staff are very friendly and the atmosphere is good without it being a party hostal. Definitely recommended!

Not a good sign when there are earplugs on your pillow when you arrive in your room. The staff was nice, but we had to listen to them play music in the common room until probably about 2 AM. The staff, not even guests! The room was tiny and dirty. The shower had a big puddle of un-drained water in it from the previous guest in our room and the bathroom overall was pretty dirty.

• 31st Oct 2014

Dear guest, We give earplugs to all of our guests, as some people is jet-lagged when they arrive, and they want to sleep during the day. I think is nice from us to give earplugs to everyone. Also if you sty in dorms, people snore.... Sorry about exceeding curfew time, but it was HALLOWEEN, and that´s why we were having a good time, while you opted to lock yourselves in the room. As for the sheets, we changed all of them for new ones =) Best regards

I would say Don Santiago is one of the best places I've been on my multiple journeys. Location is great, really close to the worth knowing places at Santiago also to restaurants and supermarkets. The place is great, very clean and with a cool atmosphere. Staff was also great and helpful, thank you Pablo, Pato, Camila and the rest of you guys for all the help. Definetly a very well deserved 5 star grade for Don Santiago.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

Staff were great, in particular Pablo who was really helpful. We had a private room which was downstairs close to the communal areas (noisy at times but good ear plugs supplied!). Good breakfast but not served until 9am, wifi good, hot water and good location. 2 metro lines within 5 minutes walk, supermarket close by. Easy walk into city centre (20 mins). Would definitely stay again.

Don Santiago was one of the best hostels that I stayed at on my cross-country trip through South America. I was only planning on staying in Santiago for a couple of days, but continually kept adding more days to my stay. The hostel is cozy - it has 15 beds (one 6 bed dorm), (one 4 bed dorm), and a few private rooms. The staff were great as well - which I really think makes or breaks a hostel. They are all helpful - and fun to hang with. Even jammed with the owner on guitar & piano!

Great breakfast. Staff is friendly, informative and generally very helpful. Very clean. Only problem is that there are only a few showers/bathrooms but that generally wasn't a problem.

Dear; Thank you for your feedback, we just open a new bathroom, so right now we are having 3 toilets and 3 shower for full capacity (20 people) Just wanted to let you know that. Have a great trip!

Had a good time here. Just enough people to be social, but not a crazy "hands up, playing my song!" kind of place. Staff very nice. Would definitely stay there again.

A really cute hostel which felt more like sleeping in a family home rather than a bed in a dorm. Quirky decoration, good WiFi and amazing breakfast! The staff went out of their way to help you out and their local knowledge was top notch. I'd recommend this place to anyone.

• 4th Aug 2014

Great hostel! Beast breakfast I´ve had in South America so far. They make you fresh eggs and a variety of fruit cut up plus 2 warm small loaves of bread. Otherwise the hostel is overall pretty good, everything was clean, pretty big beds, good lockers, didn´t seem like too much of an atmosphere when we were there but we kind of did our own thing anyway and a few of the people staying there had been there for over a week because they were just starting school. Definitely reccomend this hostel .

Amazing hostel! It has the feel of a house, cosy and small enough to get to know people, with great common areas. The breakfast is phenomenal and will definitely make you take a later bus out of Santiago so you don't miss it :p Clean, comfortable rooms and bathrooms, hot water - all is great. But the real outstanding part is the staff who will go out of their way to make you comfortable (it might even stretch to a Latin music gig!), always have a smile on their face and are just awesome!

• 24th Jul 2014

We loved staying here! Everyone who works here is amazing! Beyond helpful, they're just great people to be with. The decor is cool, rooms are clean, common spaces are cozy, breakfast is great and the location works perfectly. Thank you Pato, Rodrigo, Andreas, Alberto, Pablo and the gang for the best stay.

The facilities were in good shape and were clean. Staff was fantastic and helped plan our stay as well as call and arrange transportation. Location has a few good things but not like Bellevista. Good hostel for the money.

Dear customers: Bellavista is not Santiago. Santiago is much more than Bellavista area. As local myself I can tell you that. I was born in Santiago, and Barrio Brasil has much more identity than the overpriced Bellavista. Barrio Brasil, where we are located, it´s the patrimonial area in town, where you can actually hang out with local people, paying local prices. Don´t let "the lights, and gringo area fool you" Be sustainable, try local, choose local =) Best regards pATO

A great start to 12 months away. Staff are friendly and very helpful, breakfast is really delicious. The main part of the city is a little bit of a walk but we enjoyed it, and there are still supermarkets, bars and restaurants close by. Everything is kept really clean and the kitchen is well equipped. Thanks Don Santiago!