Don Santiago Hostel

9.0
Superb 810 Total Reviews

• England, Couple, 25-30
22nd Feb 2017

We stopped in at Don Santiago for one night. We were catching a bus the next day so needed to be close to the bus station. I can't say much about the location as we didn't head into Santiago. The breakfast is by far the best we have had while travelling. Tea, coffee, juice, omelette, fruit, fried vegetables, toast and even vegemite! The beds were really comfortable too. We ended up coming back on another trip via the bus station because we wanted the breakfast again.

• aidenlowe
  • Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
17th Feb 2017
2.0

Got stuck in Santiago airport and couldn't make it to the hostel, let them know but they charged us anyway. I thought that's what a deposit was for. Don't book here unles you're 100% certain you will be able to get there in time.

• patagonianmongoose9711
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
8th Feb 2017

A wonderful place to stay. The staff here are so friendly and helpful, and the place has a lovely atmosphere :-) The travellers here are also nice, but it is a quiet place and most are only here for a day or two. Not that this is a problem, you can make lots of friends.

7th Feb 2017

This hostel was so welcoming and lovely. The two women who work here were so nice! Only problems were the bathrooms were limited and they didn't take note of when I paid so once I left they charged my debit card without telling me, so Ive paid twice. I found this to be extremely odd, as I didn't get an email or anything. I still haven't received the refund but I called and they said they were going to refund me. The guy who checked us in messed up when we paid, which is a little frustrating.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
7th Feb 2017

Really good stay. Will be back one day!

• Germany, Male, 31-40
7th Feb 2017

This hostel has an amazing atmosphere that is super welcoming and warm hearted. It is more like friends are welcoming you. And so are most of the guests. Breakfast is plentiful and healthy. Became my favourite hostel ever!

26th Jan 2017

Nice, clean basic hostel. Was a bit warm in January. But overall had a good experience.

• USA, Female, 18-24
26th Jan 2017

Amazing place! Wifi works amazing, staff were super friendly, the breakfast is incredible! Atmosphere is really nice and social. Would definelty recommend to anyone staying in chile.

25th Jan 2017

My wife and I plan to travel around South America for 3 months and Santiago was our first stop. We were pleasantly surprised with Don Santiago, this place was our first stop and we were happy with it. The place is small and they only have a small kitchen and only 2 bathrooms but what they lack in size they make up for in attention to the guest. The staff is friendly and they really do try to help with what they can. The place offers a good breakfast as well. Great place!

25th Jan 2017

We stayed here two nights, the hostel is smaller and homey, in a pretty good location to easily get around! The breakfast was awesome, and the staff even better! So so helpful!! And friendly, they made us comfortable from the moment we got there. Bunk beds were pretty good too. Would definitely go back and recommend this place. A downfall is the squeaky steps and kind of thin walls, but it's an old house made into a hostel and things like that are expected and really not bad.