Don Santiago Hostel Reviews

Av. Ricardo Cumming 95, Santiago, Chile

Don Santiago remains one of my favorite hostels. One year after my first visit, it still has this good vibe and homely atmosphere. Therefore I love small hostels. Breakfast and comfortable beds are an absolute PLUS!

My favourite hostel so far. Friendly and cool staff. Comfy beds. Great breakfast which sets you up for the day. Kitchen was a bit small so didn't really feel like I could cook there.

Amazing hostel. Small and welcoming - very accommodating to post night bus travellers. Staff all really nice and helpful esp Alberto the Malaysian guy. Breakfast - absolutely amaaaaazing.

Our stay was very comfortable, even though the 8-person room was a bit crowded at times. Great place, and great breakfast!

I stayed at the hostel NYE and had a great time given my crazy New Years! The staff was wonderful and accommodating. They all helped me with my chaotic situation of trying to arrange all matters before unexpectedly returning back to the U.S. The hostel is fun and the guests are all an eclectic mix who you will definitely enjoy mingling with. I will return in the future since I had such a memorable time!

The hostel location and staff are pretty good, but the breakfast is absolutely amazing. Unfortunately there were only weird guests by the time we slept there, but that was not a Hostel topic. I would recommend.

Very noisy rooms, but great breakfast !

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Belgium

Alberto is the nicest and most helpful hostel worker ever! Breakfast was amazing (omelette, avocado, mushrooms, tomatoes and a smoothie-type drink). Not really a party hostel, but a great place to meet other travelers! Also, the beds are comfortable. :D

Staff are really nice and helpful. Breakfast is GREAT. It has a nice atmosphere and easy to meet other travelers. Only two bathroom/showers and one extra shower could become an issue in the mornings or nights but it was not really the case during my stay considering the small size of the hostel and the fact that it was not at full capacity. Overall a good hostel to stay.

I really liked the hall and the eating room style. It is a quite and relaxed atmosphere. However, it is far from the touristy stuff, thus for vising the city you need to pay 1 Dollar each way. The have only 2 showers for the entire hostel. Also I have a lot of small red stuff on my body after my stay there - that didn´t happend nowhere after my almost 3 months in South America.

Hey there Once again, we are located in the middle of Santiago, 8 blocks away from govermment palace,plaza de armas, museums,etc. We are not localized in Bellavista area which is the clubs area. It can be dodgy, overcharged, and full of pickpockets targeting on gringos (travelers) iphones, laptops and wallets while you are having dinner. That happens everyday in Bellavista area. We are located where local people hang out, once again if you wanna meet local, try barrio Brasil, cheaper, local.

This is by far the best hostel I stayed in. The staff (Alberto, Fred etc) were very personable. Knowing that we were all away from home for Christmas, they went the extra mile to throw a BBQ dinner for the guests, and that really fostered a sense of community when everyone voluntarily pitched in to help prepare for the dinner. It was a very memorable Christmas; and this hostel, along with the people I met there, was among the highlights during my stay in Santiago. Highly recommended.

It was a wonderful Christmas Party. Thank you very much. The spirit is very good one. The breakfast is fabolous.

Loved it here! Definitely plan to stay there next time I pass through Santiago! :)

We have spent one night only but it was superb. Pablo (staff) is super friendly and helpful. Beds are very comfortable. Breakfast is delicious. Hostel is located very close to the metro and walking distance to the centre. Very clean. Highly recommended

Lovely staff and a nice little hostel. Not a party hostel but great for socialising

small hostel and great atmosphere nice breackfast but lockers are outside and small , you can not put all your backpack someone steal my camera when i was in a shower

Friendly hostel, only a few bathrooms that could be cleaner but difficult when everyone is using them. Nice courtyard. 30-45min walk from main plaza.

Staff and other travellers are what make this hostel. Albert, Daniela, Agustin and the guy who raps a lot are all awesome staff, top people.

Stayed here two nights and it was good! The breakfast is amazing !!! The best one I've ever had in South America! Dorm rooms are small but comfortable and good value for money.

Really comfy beds and great brekkie. Staff seem to change daily and aren't forthcoming with info and advice but still a good stay.