Superb 756 Total Reviews
Superb 756 Total Reviews
Don Santiago Hostel Located at Av. Ricardo Cumming 95, , Santiago.
Chile
Santiago Santiago Av. Ricardo Cumming 95
91% 756
-33.4439935 -70.6676459
    Rooms available

2nd Dec 2016
4.0

Hostel is not quite as expected. Not enough bathrooms for every person, which can be quite annoying in the morning. The eight bed dorm has only one plug for every bed, which means it's impossible for every person to charge their phone, etc. they also double booked my bed , which means when I came back at midnight there was someone sleeping in my bed. I had to sleep in the eight bed dorm and leave all my stuff in the other room. The reaction from the staff was basically "not our problem"

Hello, this is Alberto, manager of Don Santiago Hostel. I´m so sorry about your bad experience in our hostel. The receptionist, who gave you that answer, was told off for his bad attitude.

• USA, Male, 18-24
2nd Dec 2016

The hostel was really great. The staff was amazing an helpful, The food was delicious. The hostel was nice and clean. I had a great experience. It's about a 15-20 minute walk from the center and 5-10 minutes from the subway. I would definitely return here if I plan another trip to Santiago. As other people have said, the only problem was that there were only two bathrooms and one separate shower room. (Only one of the bathrooms had a shower). It was never a problem for me during my stay though.

• USA, Female, 31-40
27th Nov 2016

I highly recommend Don Santiago - great location, excellent staff, extremely helpful, very clean place, 3 bathrooms ... never waited to use one. Lockers and power outlets for everyone, gray wifi. The breakfast was highest quality I've ever had in a hostel - excellent. I would definitely go back and recommend this to a friend.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
15th Nov 2016
7.7

Decent place to stay in a rougher part of town.

• England, Female, 18-24
14th Nov 2016

Lovely place to stay. Great living room to hang out and great breakfast. Only one toilet upstairs which is a little annoying.

• USA, Female, 25-30
7th Nov 2016

I had a great stay. The staff was really nice and everything was clean. I would definitely return and stay again :)

4th Nov 2016

Incredible social atmosphere... great place to hang out and make friends.... some of the nicest most helpful staff I have encountered. The beds are comfy. But it could use more restroom and shower space.... you might have to wait, but omg ladies they had a hairdryer in the bathroom. Sometimes it is the attention to little comfortsomething that make a place special.

• Ireland, Couple, 25-30
4th Nov 2016

Great hostel. Really professional but friendly staff. Lovely common area...very clean and well kept. The dorms are average dorms but have lockers which is good. Especially loved the decor! The murals on the walls downstairs were great!

• jacob_gray_86
  • Australia, Couple, 25-30
2nd Nov 2016

My lady and I stayed in a private room and had a great time at this homey, comfortable hostel. Alberto was amazing and the breakfast is as great as everyone says. I had some luggage lost by the airline and all the staff were very helpful in getting it back. The common area is welcoming and encourages interaction between guests so although the hostel is on the smaller side, we met many great people and had some great times with the crew we built.

• Brazil, Couple, 25-30
29th Oct 2016
8.0

Delicious breakfast, awesome common area and good kitchen. But one of the 2 showers didn't had hot water, and the other bathroom had some details broken, not affecting it functions. The pictures DID NOT match with the reality, specially for the double room which now looks much more old and with the floor making noise wherever you step