Don Santiago Hostel Reviews

Av. Ricardo Cumming 95, Santiago, Chile

היינו כאן 4 ימים בחדר של 4, ואחרי שבוע חזרנו לעוד לילה באותו חדר . יש שתי מיטות בודדות ואחת קומותיים ,הבודדות רכות נורא ,אפילו מדי . יש מי שיאהב את זה .החדר פנה לרחוב והיה די רועש ,אבל לא משהו בלתי נסבל לטעמי .מקלחת אחת היתה בשיפוצים או תיקונים ,והיה עומס על המקלחת-שירותים היחידים בקומה ,למרות שיש עוד שרותים ומקלחת למטה פשוט הם בתוך חדר ולא נעים להיכנס כל כך .מבטח נורא קטן אבל מצוייד היטב .ארוחת בוקר מהטובות שאכלתי בטיול או בכלל . צוות אדיר ואווירה מעולה ומגניבה .

It's the 3rd time I am in this hostel and it starts to feel like home! Great staff and best breakfast! Beds are really comfy as well. Can be a bit noisy, but hey, that's why they invented ear plugs!

Bathrooms were super gross, milk at breakfast had chunks, there were people sleeping in the common rooms and no wifi for the 3 nights we were there. Staff was really good about booking a trip to a winery and getting a taxi for us to the airport.

Dear Jen: Those 3 days that you stayed with us there was Lolapalooza festival going on, we have a full house and a few overbookings that we needed to sort out somehow, that´s why we let 2 people sleep at the common areas. We are also aware about the fellowship spirit that must be at every hostel and we appeal to these travelers common sense. There was no availability at any hostel in Santiago, we couldn´t send them anywhere else, that´s it. sorry about the "mess".

Amazing atmosphere. Feel like you are staying in someone's house rather than a hostel. All the staff were friendly and sociable, especially Alberto :-) the beds were very comfortable and the best pillow I've had whilst travelling. Breakfast yummy. My only complaint would be although the dorms and living room are cleaned every day, the bathrooms and kitchen are not. I don't think the bathrooms were cleaned in the 3 days we were there. The toilet bin was overflowing all the time!

Hey, thank for your feedback. Toilets and kitchen are supposed to be cleaned everyday. I am checking what happened the week you stayed, as this is a irregular situation. Thanks for letting us know. Keep enjoying your trip!

Really helpful staff, close to Metro. Comfortable beds. Very small outdoors area and quite dark common areas. Biggest issue was the showers - they were cold and shower area in poor condition.

Dear, Thanks for your feedback We are renovating the whole hostel on April. Hope when you come back you like our new design/ showers Best regards

Nice hostel in Santiago with a cool vibe. Excellent breakfast and friendly staff.

we loved this hostel. It was one of the best hostels we stayed at while travelling Chile and Argentina! The social atmosphere, cool hangout areas, and family style breakfast make it easy to meet other travelers. Breakfast was amazing with fresh fruits, smoothie, coffee, eggs, toast and all the fixings! The staff were friendly, social, and helpful. Beds, comfy! and bigger than normal bunks! the location was great close to the bus station and subway. We were upset that we couldn't stay longer!

I had a great time at this hostel. It is very comfortable and the staff are amazing! So friendly and helpful. Also, i can not believe the amazing breakfast you get every day. Very fresh and plentiful. Not many bathrooms, but the hostel itself has a lot of charm and is really set up for a very nice social atmosphere. Great if you are travelling solo. Came back to stay here at the back end of my trip.

Excellent staff, great atmosphere, best breakfast in town, and surprisingly good showers

• 4th Feb 2015

Small cozy hostel with the best breakfast in Chile! (Fruit salad, scrambled eggs, bread, tea, coffee, juice). Very helpful and friendly staff. Just 20min walk from all the attraction of the city centre but lits of restaurants and pubs nearby. No A/C so room was stuffy and warm and shower in bathroom went cold after a few minutes but otherwise a fantastic stay.

Really helpful staff. Good atmosphere. Clean and comfortable in a nice location. Recommended!

Best bed, pillow and breakfast ever in a hostel! Ignore the breakfast comment from a previous person, really nonsense! Also the comment about the noisy wooden floor is in my opinion a bit overdone. Yes, it does make a sound, but not that much you cant sleep. Otherwise, use earplugs! Not too big hostel, 20 beds, which I really like. Relaxed atmosphere! Will go back for sure when I get back in Santiago. Thanks guys for the great stay!

Great place to stay. Really good breakfast as well. Also had the best empanada ive ever had a few blocks away at a hole in the wall restaurant.

Great place for a pit stop in Santiago. Location was alright but fine for a couple not looking for a session. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Very chill hostel located in barrio Brazil, 20 minutes walk from downtown. Supermarket and metro stations nearby. Good vibe in there but not a party hostel. Only downside would be the breakfast which was a bit light.

My dear french people: I understand you just flew in to Chile from Europe, and I can tell you we got the best breakfast in town, Breakfast is served at the table, staff make it for customers as follow: Brewing coffee, tea, fresh squeezed seasonal fruit, toast bread/ scramble eggs, fresh fruit salad and Nutella/jam. I´d like to see if you keep same opinion of our breakfast when you finnish your travel in Southamerica. =)

Great hostel, smaller less commercial vibe, facilitates meeting other travelers perfectly, staff is awesome. Rodrigo cooks up a mean dinner and has a wealth of info for your next stops

• 6th Jan 2015

Staff was very friendly. It's a small hostel, but good visited. I recommend!

Such a pitty you just stayed for one night. Next time try to make it on Fridays and Wednesday in order to try our special cocktails. =)

It's the best hostel I've been. Great breakfast, excellent wifi, the more confotable beds and pillows, everything is so clean, they have the best stuff that any hostel can have, those guys are awsome and it's not a big hostel so u will be like in a family atmosphere. It's near to the most common parks and to the subway so u can do what u want. I love that hostel. It's the best hostel in southamerica

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Colombia

Don Santiago is a big home that feels welcoming at any time. The staff are great, the beds are some of the most comfortable I've had, and the communal areas encourage interaction with fellow travelers. A delicious breakfast is also included every morning. The wifi sometimes had issues, but the staff were always onto it and most of the time it worked fine. Could also do with more bathrooms, but that's hard to do in an existing building. Had a great stay and would definitely recommend.

• 28th Dec 2014

Everyone is really nice and helpfull. And their breakfast was great !! fruitsalad, fresh melon juice ,REAL coffee and scrumbled eggs with bread!

• 27th Dec 2014