Don Santiago Hostel Reviews

Av. Ricardo Cumming 95, Santiago, Chile

best hostel in the world

A small but friendly hostel. Close to grocery and subway.

Hey there! That´s exactly what we advertise on the internet, we are a small and personalized hostel. If you`ve been feeling like you were in a cattle in some big hostels, try us! And we just added nutella for breakfast =)

The staff were lovely and helpful. It was really loud at night with people talking loudly until about 5am, and thin walls. The house is physically great and with not too many guests but not well maintained. The kitchen was really small and there seemed to be only one toilet for everyone. The sheets seemed a bit grubby and the room we had was not very well maintained, although it was a lovely room with small balcony. The area was interesting with restaurants nearby.

Dear customers. As we advertise on the internet, on fridays we throw a bbq for all guests. Hostel curfew is at 1:00 am. However, as every guest attended to the party but you guys, we couldn't just stop the bbq. We are sorry about it.

I really enjoyed staying at Don Santiago Hostel. The hostel is small, with a lovely common room and a back patio. Great breakfast that was more than the toast and jam that you receive at other hostels. Excellent place to meet fellow backpackers. Staff are friendly and helpful. It is not a party hostel, but people like to sit back and have a beer, glass of wine or pisco sour in the evening. Nice place to relax. Thanks for a great stay!

Only stayed for a night so cannot give a proper impression. It looks good and fun and engaging, I will have to go back maybe.

The website photos do not correspond to reality and as I did not like the room they offered me (because too small, with old furniture and cramped bathroom), I requested the cancellation with the consequent return of the amount already paid. Although I was only at the Hostel for two nights, was charged for canceling an amount equal to five (05) nights abusive and illegal value. I felt aggrieved. It was a disappointing experience!

• 26th Feb 2014

Dear customer: This couple was a 60 years old from Brazil, and they never stayed in a youth hostel before. They payed at arrival full amount for 13 nights. We asked them when we just got the reservation what was the reason of such a long place. They just say they needed a place to rest. We warned them on the emails that our hostel is a place for young people, where people socialize during the evenings, and people stayed here for a few nights only. We refund 7 nights out of 13, they stayed 3

Great little hostel. Really nice feel to it. And fantastico breakfast!! Could be freshened up a bit.

Definetly one of the best hostels with a great athmosphere we have stayed in a 12 months traveling. Great atmosphere, very helpful staff and a good location. It is not a flashpacker hostel but fantastic if you want to get in contact with other travelers. We came back - 3 times

Amazing hostel in Santiago, a great vibe with lovely staff who are very friendly and helpful. They did a big BBQ one night which was awesome, there are some nice restaurants nearby as well as a supermarket and smaller shops. My favourite thing about the hostel was the breakfast which was AMAZING - we've travelled around South America and I am confident to say this has been the best breakfast we've had.

Great hostel, great atmosphere, great commonroom, probably the best breakfast of our whole trip. (scrambled eggs, fruits, juice, coffee) Alberto and Jorge WE LOVE YOU (casper and sharon from holland :) )

A bit out of the main city area. In a nice neighbourhood though and the metro isnt far away to get into the main hub area of Santiago. Funky homely looking hostel with everything you need. Would go back again.

Dear customers: Let me explain you something: We are located right in the middle of the city town. From The hostel you can walk up to main museums in Santiago (Museo de la Memoria- Precolombino) we are located 4 stops on the subway from Bellavista, the area where mostly travelers hang out, expensive restorants, clubs and pick pockets of course, trying to get money out of travelers. We are located in barrio Brasil, , cheaper prices and where chileans hang out. Be sustainable, choose local =)

Don Santiago hostel was one of the best, if not the best, hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff were really friendly and very accommodating, the breakfast was great, the bathrooms clean and the beds comfy. Thanks so much guys!

Nice chilled place

I was supposed to stay just 3/4 nights, but ended up staying 14.. It was nice to stay a bit off the center in a lively and interesting neighborhood. You get to the center easilly tough, and the hostel itself is clean, relaxed and safe. Special thanks to the staff, superhelpful and amazing people!! Made my stay here goooood :)

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Finland

I had such a good time there that it was too hard to leave it. Every single place in the hostel is a piece of art!!! Everthing and eveybody makes you feel good. Thanks a lot!!

We stayed for one night. Nice place in a not to crowded street. Great breakfast

I can't give 150% but it's just a very very very good hostel. The staff is perfect. I realy recommand this hostel. Everything was perfect, good advices, good place... Just go. Super hôtel, tout est parfait, je ne peux pas mettre 150% mais je recommande vivement cet hôtel. J'ai vraiment apprécié cet hôtel avec un super staff. Recommiendo el hospedaje, es el mejor de Santiago.

1 2 Next » last »