Don Santiago Hostel Reviews

Av. Ricardo Cumming 95, Santiago, Chile

Really comfy beds and great brekkie. Staff seem to change daily and aren't forthcoming with info and advice but still a good stay.

Great hostel! Helpful and friendly staff, very welcoming and good facilities great lounge room with social atmosphere Highly recommended hostel!

• 4th Nov 2015

My stay was 100% great. Staff helped me out when taxi ripped me off. Spoke English. Great atmosphere. Clean. Lockers were available. Cellphone could be recharged. Safe location. Smaller hostel which meant we got to know each other well and went out. Came back late no problems. Great breakfast too. No complaints.

Brilliant small hostel, really good atmosphere and perfect place for meeting other travellers. Only negative is the location- it's central but in an area without nightlife so you'll need to stump up a dollar for a metro ride if you want to go out.

Hey there! Thank you for your review.- There are plenty of local parties that you can go near by. Local parties are cheaper and funner (in my opinion) than going out to Bellavista, and you can still have the chance to meet chilean people and have a drink with them for cheap. Bellavista area can be sketchy and you can get overcharged easily if you don`t speak fluent spanish. Hope to see ya again!

Excellent staff that really go out of their way to help when you have a problem totally unrelated to the hostel (like I did). Really fun atmosphere, great interaction between the staff and guests and comfortable beds. Also, one of the best breakfasts around!

This hostel is amazing. Comfortable beds, adequate breakfast, good wifi, very nice staff. Stayed a week here. Boom. It's awesome.

Such a lovely, comforting, welcoming environment. The ambience felt like home, the beds were clean, soft and cozy, and the living room was filled with piano & guitar tunes and overall fantastic music. Not to mention the awesome staff. Who were so friendly and accommodating. And if you want a good time with some locals at nearby bars they're fantastic to hang out with :)

• 24th Oct 2015

I had a very pleasant stay in the hostel. The atmosphere is really warm and open, and the awesome Chilean staff plays a big part in that. The location is good, two metro stations of the two most touristic metro lines are just blocks away, the facilities have everything you need and the hostel has its own unique character. Whatever you need, the staff and the other travelers can and will surely help you. The breakfast has fresh fruit! Almost every night is a music night! Pura buena onda!

• 21st Oct 2015
  • Finland

Awesome awesome awesome place! Great vibes, attracts great people! Almost like a family environment with great music & great talent! The instruments bring everyone together & you can chill out easily here! The staff are so helpful & fun, you will always find something to do with their suggestions & help! Only negative thing is my showers were warm not hot, but not a big deal! & I'd recommend the 4 or 6 bed dorm over the 8 as it can get a bit crowded, but it's your preference & not an issue!

The hostel is a bit far away from downtown. And I had a hard time to have hot shower.

Dear customer, You stayed with us only 1 night. The only thing you asked us here was to get information in order to reach Costanera Mall shopping center. This is far away from the hostel (12 stops on the subway) but we are actually in the middle of downtown.- Also, as we always say, please let us know here if there is something wrong with showers or anything. Sometimes it takes a bit to warm up the water, and we are always eager to help if you need us to fix something =)

Good place, breakfast was nice! Could have done with more than 1 hot shower. Close to the metro lines.

Good breakfast. The showers were not hot nor cold.

Stayed 2 nights. Good location, if a little distant from the touristic center. The staff is wonderful. Thanks Pablo for the sweet terremoto! :) Best breakfast ever. I was stuffed with bread and spreads, fruits, eggs, coffee, and the hot ginger drink! Lovely other travelers there whom I got to know through the big breakfast table. Only two bathrooms and showers, made mornings inconvenient, but doable. 8-bed dorm was cramped! But I adored the tiny terrace overlooking the street. Cozy place.

A great place to stay, it's small, cozy, and the staff is very friendly. Location is superb too. Couldn't be happier.

The staff was super Friendly and the hostel well Located! I would def stay in it again

I love this place...full of love, beauty and warmth.

Awesome first hostel experience in South America! Pato, Alverto and Daniela were all excellent hosts who made my time here a memorable one. I chose the 8 bed dorm; the bed was very comfortable and the linen totally clean. All facilities were maintained to an exceptional standard by a 3rd party cleaner. Complimentary breakfast was great and consisted of: bread/toast, fruit plate, scrambled eggs and coffee. Lockers provided a great sense of security! Excellent on all fronts :)

We booked the 6-bed dorm. Clean and spacious with lockers and a heater. Beds were super comfortable. Hot water in the showers was unpredictable - best to shower at night when there are less people showering. Breakfast was one of the best we've had - spicy scrambled eggs, fruit, bread, etc. Staff were friendly and v. helpful. 10 mins walk from airport shuttle/metro.20 mins walk to Plaza Armes. Few eateries and big supermarket nearby.Thanks to Daniella,Pato & Javier for a great stay.

Totally fantastic breakfast and generally excellent hostel on general.

A pleasure as always - friendliest, most helpful staff in the world! Thx.Hugs! Un placer como siempre - la gente más amable y atenta del mundo! Grcs. Abrazos!