Donegal Town Independent hostel Reviews

Doonan, Donegal town, Donegal, Ireland

Very clean hostel. it looked like they have just renovated the bigger showe/bathroom. looks new. kitchen clean as well (which is very important to me) I wouldn't call it town hostel though as Donegal Town is a good walk away...but all in all a nice hostel where id definitely would stay again when in Donegal.

Linda was VERY nice and helpful; she even told us about a path to the town that would take us along the waterfront. It was truly beautiful and we never would have found it without her. We enjoyed our stay immensely. The room she put us in even had a painted ceiling-sort of a mountain sunset theme- with stars that actually glowed when we turned out the light!!! It was fun and pretty!

as we arrived we saw Linda on all 4 scrubbing our bathroom floor. that was nice to know she keep the place so clean. Linda herself was a grate hostess, easy gooing and had cinical and hilarious remarks. our room was great, spacious and modern. location was 5 mints drive from city center. the're were plenty and nice common spaces. we would stay here again if ever get the chance

This is our second stay, and we were even more pleased than before. There had been upgrades to the facilities, and our room with a bath en suite was wonderful. Our host Linda was warm and friendly and made us feel welcome. Would highly recommend.

Very nice hostel located just ten minutes walk from the centre of the town. The staff were really helpful and friendly and the hostel was clean and comfortable with plenty of parking if you have a car. I'd definitely stay here again.

Thanks for a great stay!

Everybody is really kind. I loved!

I ended up canceling my first booking and rebooking a few days later with the hostel. The owner ended up counting my cancellation fee towards my payment for the two days i booked with the hostel. I was not expecting that but it was very nice. Thank you.

Well located hostel near crossroads west & north of Donegal with large garden. The perfect spot for relaxing & developing travel plans.

There could be done some renovations I suppose but in total we had a good stay in a nice place with friendly staff.

This was a very friendly hostel where the owner Linda could not have been more friendly and welcoming. I would not hesitate in recommending

service by staff haphazard. many things were not maintained e.g soap in dispensers and clean towel in shared area. shower which serviced whole floor was at one stage out of action for several hours

Amazing little hostel in a very scenic peaceful location. Linda does a great job at making her guests feel welcome. Great atmosphere.

We had a great time at the hostel. The host was realy generous. Always there to help us or suggest us itinary for the day.

Ten minutes walking from town. But clean and good.

The atmosphere here in this hostel is lovely! All the guys are fun and the owner makes you feel part of a family introducing you the other guests :))

This is the best hostel I have stayed at. Linda was an amazing host and is so great to her guests. She goes out of her way for to make sure everyone has a comfortable stay. Would tell everyone going to Donegal to stay here.

Caters for most requests. Well located. Absolutely no complaints.

Good facilities for people doing their own meals, amazing number of pots and pans, good sized fridge as well. Linda and Andy who run the hostel very friendly and helpful

Only over the top! Better view, budget and probably accomodation than the famous hotel in Donegal! Besides that, the couple who rules the hostel is just amazing and lovely! I will recommend them ALWAYS, even if Donegal isn't on your way ;)