Donegal Town Independent hostel Reviews

Doonan, Donegal town, Donegal, Ireland

Very nice hostel located just ten minutes walk from the centre of the town. The staff were really helpful and friendly and the hostel was clean and comfortable with plenty of parking if you have a car. I'd definitely stay here again.

Everybody is really kind. I loved!

I ended up canceling my first booking and rebooking a few days later with the hostel. The owner ended up counting my cancellation fee towards my payment for the two days i booked with the hostel. I was not expecting that but it was very nice. Thank you.

There could be done some renovations I suppose but in total we had a good stay in a nice place with friendly staff.

This was a very friendly hostel where the owner Linda could not have been more friendly and welcoming. I would not hesitate in recommending

service by staff haphazard. many things were not maintained e.g soap in dispensers and clean towel in shared area. shower which serviced whole floor was at one stage out of action for several hours

Amazing little hostel in a very scenic peaceful location. Linda does a great job at making her guests feel welcome. Great atmosphere.

We had a great time at the hostel. The host was realy generous. Always there to help us or suggest us itinary for the day.

Ten minutes walking from town. But clean and good.

The atmosphere here in this hostel is lovely! All the guys are fun and the owner makes you feel part of a family introducing you the other guests :))

This is the best hostel I have stayed at. Linda was an amazing host and is so great to her guests. She goes out of her way for to make sure everyone has a comfortable stay. Would tell everyone going to Donegal to stay here.

Caters for most requests. Well located. Absolutely no complaints.

Good facilities for people doing their own meals, amazing number of pots and pans, good sized fridge as well. Linda and Andy who run the hostel very friendly and helpful

Only over the top! Better view, budget and probably accomodation than the famous hotel in Donegal! Besides that, the couple who rules the hostel is just amazing and lovely! I will recommend them ALWAYS, even if Donegal isn't on your way ;)

I cannot rate this hostel highly enough, it's the perfect distance from town, clean, great value for money, excellent facilities with lots to do in the area, and Linda and Andrew are fantastic. If you're going to Donegal, stay at this hostel!

• 15th Jun 2014

Very family type hostel. But no breakfast, at least toasts and jam would be nice and covenient.

Beds are very dirty!! Whater seems only to be in the evening warm. Can't recommend this hostel!!!

I was shocked by your comment re your stay in a single bedroom , "beds are very dirty" as all bed linen is washed daily. When it is quiet during the day the hot water takes longer to come through. Why did you not bring this to my attention during your stay.As you can see from our reviews this is the first complaint we have had like this .We work very hard to maintain and exceed our 92% rating as anything less is damaging to our business and our personal satisfaction in our clients comfort

Very comfortable, with a real homelike feel. Very helpful and friendly hosts. Locked storage not provided, but you can't have everything :-)

• 31st May 2014

Very helpful, I had a specific issue and was very satisfied with the owners response

• 31st May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Good location and really nice staff.