Donegal Town Independent hostel Reviews

Doonan, Donegal town, Donegal, Ireland

Really liked seeing the fire lit as we entered. The showers were wonderful. Loved the informality of the place and the unimposing and friendly manner of the staff and management (engaging and respectful of privacy all the same... I say this because the day before we stayed at a hostel that had an intense zeal about it, pushing us in directions we weren't quite ready for).

• 19th Apr 2014

They are very friendly ... I stayed at Easter time and Andy rid chocolate eggs for us ❤️ Also the place it's a piece of heaven ! I'd recommend for sure! Awesome!

• 18th Apr 2014

The pipes feeding the radiators in my dorm produced a knocking noise. The town that the hostel serves was very quiet even on a Saturday night. I enjoyed my stay, though, and people were friendly.

• 12th Apr 2014

This hostel was amazing, cozy and homely. Linda works hard to make all her guests feel welcome and is always up for a chat, there is a real wood fire in the lounge every night and its a short walk into 'the big city' of Donegal Town. Would not stay anywhere else if in Donegal again.

Was a lovely comfy hostel, large rooms and really nice common room (more like a lounge room). The owners were fantastic.

• 23rd Mar 2014

Lovely and absolutely recommendable, yes indeed. House is convenient located, within a stone's throw (10 min walking) of Donegal town, yet far away from the town's noise, therefore quiet and peaceful as heaven. Its a beautiful ancient Irish big house, completely refurbished and with all facilities. Top cleanliness. The house's lady is a lovely nice person, thank you very much!! The wood puzzles in the living room are great fun!!

Andy and Linda are wonderful. Surely the best hostel where I have ever been in my life!