Donegal Town Independent hostel Reviews

Doonan, Donegal town, Donegal, Ireland

The hostel is a little walk away from the city, but I really couldn't recommend it more. Linda was great! Best person I met while I've been in Ireland. She was so willing to help us and did everything she could to make our stay in Donegal fantastic.

• 24th Jul 2015

We loved it here!!! Linda was amazing- she helped us out planning our time in donegal town. Walk is a quick 10 minutes; fine to walk along the road and see some cows but Linda will also show you the scenic route if you want to walk along the water. Very clean and comfortable accommodations, very nice bathrooms. Common areas great for hanging out, lots of games to play. Best hostel I've stayed in

Very homely

Linda was the best! One of the nicest hostels I've stayed at all summer. Had a very home-like vibe to it, which was refreshing for someone who has been travelling abroad for so long.

The bedrooms and bathrooms were extremely nice and clean. The family room and kitchen were good areas to relax and hang out. We played the board games they had there. The owner, Linda, is one of the nicest ladies I've met on my two month stay in Ireland. She goes out of her way to make you feel at home and provide advice to local attractions. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • American Samoa

We have had such a amazing stay in this hostel, Linda always tried to introduce all her guests to each other, from this reason the real "hostel feeling" could develop. Also she is such a kind hostess, always trying to make jokes to her foreign guest - even they don't get them :D - and looking for a little chat. We have had plenty of space and everything we might have needed was there. Thank you sooo much Linda! We couldn't say this yesterday because we were in a hurry. Annika and Daniel

• 15th Jul 2015

It was a very friendly, welcoming atmosphere! Very nice and clean rooms!

Room was very clean. The hedge at the steps could do with a trim i got quite wet walking up after rain but apart from that excellent.

• 10th Jul 2015

It was a nice staying there. Clean and super people there. A little bit outside of the city but a beautiful walkway along the rive/coastline.

Perfect place to stay. Clean friendly and lots of nice people. 100% recommend it

• 3rd Jul 2015

nice hostel, close to town, owners very nice and friendly, well run

Staff was very kind and friendly. We had a lovely stay!

Be sure to buy grocieries before walking to this hostel. A real supermarket is almost a mile away. The owner keeps nothing to sell you if it is poring rain outside...no beer, wine, food; only tea,coffee in kitchen. Terrible sinking mattress. Only 1/3 roll toliet paper, so when I awakened no toliet paper and no one to ask at 6 a.m. Why not leave an extra roll or two? Room very cold which I mentioned to Linda 3 times. She said she turned on the heat....but she did only for a few minutes

Andy and Linda are fantastic, great hosts. Beds and facilities were great. Only complaint was that hostel is about a 15 minute walk from anything, which can be little inconvenient (especially with breakfast included).

Staff very kind!

• 2nd Jun 2015

Amazing hostel! Nothing like being able to curl up to a warm fire with a good book after a busy day! Such a homey touch, would definitely recommend this hostel!

Linda was lovely. The house was a bit Heath Robinson. Our bedroom had not window only light from the bathroom. Accommodation basic but clean enough and shower good.

decent enough spot for a night's stay. would stay there again

Very friendly staff. Great room and bathroom. A short walk to Doegal Town. I would definitely stay there again.

• 13th May 2015

Linda was nice!! It's a bit far from the central and I had to walk to the hostel in the rain with my heavy luggage. If you have a nice weather, it wouldn't be much problem though.