Dongshan Catalpa Garden Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 12-5 Gonghe Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou, China

Staff is truly superb. Extremely helpful. Speak very good English.

Super thank! And thank you for choosing our hostel, we'll keep improving our atmosphere in commom area and hope you would like it next time! :)

Great location close to the metro and easy to get to and from the airport and all the major attractions in Guangzhou. The staff were very helpful with tips on some places to visit and stayed until very late on the evening of our arrival when our flight was delayed. We really appreciated it. Paul

Thanks Paul! we'd like very much to share our knowledge of Guangzhou with our guests, feel so happy that it is helpful to you! :-)

Tucked into a back alley in a residential neighborhood near a police station. Easy enough to find but farther down the street than the directions lead you to believe. There are restuarants nearby but you have to be able to speak Chinese. Anything else you have to take the metro. The wifi was horrible. I had a router in my room and could not get any service. The place was very clean and quiet though and the staff was nice.

Thank you for your kind&honest&informative review! The location is one of the best parts of our hostel, a few minutes walk to the matro station, with line 1 and line 5 to take you to both new/old, business/leisure part of guangzhou; from the market down the alley, you can buy fresh and cheap fruit and sometimes flowers! or if you just want to just take a walk around and obseve local life, it is the best place!

Atmosphere wasn't great, but the hostel was fairly empty when we were there. I'm sure the rooftop garden would host an amazing night though! It was pretty cool up there.

thanks! glad you enjoyed our rooftop garden area. yea we sometimes hold dinner on the rooftop cafe on important chinese traditional holidays like springfestival, mid-autumn festival, ect. guests are very welcome to join us!

I loved staying at your hostel for 2 weeks. The staff was amazing and very helpful especially Maggie and Dissy! Beautiful garden upstairs. What would make it even greater is a good cleaning in the showers. I really enjoyed my stay and I will be back!

I liked the terrace! It`s very convinient to go there for breakfast, making up and doing your own things if you stay at the dorm. I stayed there once and I came back again! Not a good place if you`re looking for parties, it`s very calm here. The subway station is close and it`s a very nice Chinese district.

The hostel is perfectly located in a old town right next to Tianhe and Yuexiu. By taking metro 5/1, most of attractions can be reached in 30 minutes conveniently. But the atmosphere, frankly speaking, is quite simple, based on the fact that no good alcohol or music can be found. The worst part is the environment: The river behind the hostel smells super bad and I don't really know it's temporary or permanent symptom.

Easily found near a metro stop. Just a one night stay, but didn't seem like a very active hostel. A really good dim sum place near exit A of the metro.