Dongshan Catalpa Garden Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 12-5 Gonghe Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou, China

I went there because I had early appointment with US consulate the next morning and it was during the Canton Fair when all room fares went up. The money I paid wasn't worthy because I didn't expect to spend that much as a local citizen here with an 8-year-old boy. But the staff there was very nice, even though the room fare was still higher than normal and much more than my budget, they served us a family room considering I was with my son together at a single bed room price.

Overall is average. The staff is nice and willing to provide information. Yet, the room smells bad.

A little hard to find in the dark but there are signs and directions. The staff are friendly but there isn't really much on offer to eat at the cafe upstairs. Overall it's cheap, clean and really close to the metro station, I'd recommend it.

I had a much better private room at a hotel near Huangsha Rd. It cost only 40 RMB more than a private room at Catalpa Hostel.. It was the second time I stayed there. The first time the staff was amazing and friendly. This time they were less than helpful. I won't be back.

I liked the room size and the en suite, most people in my room were chinese with minimal english level. The rice in the cafe upstairs was cheap but horrible, I could tell they had just heated it up in the microwave. Would have preferred it if it was a little more social able, but overall I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it for certain people.

This is my 2nd stay (previous one was a year ago). The terrasse is very enjoyable and a good place to meet people. The location is great with Metro station around the corner. definitely a nice place to stay.

It is very hard to use WIFI in the room. So have to go common room. but that placee is too small. Location is perfect. very close to YangJi Metro Station.