Dongshan Catalpa Garden Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 12-5 Gonghe Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou, China

We really loved the vibe of this area. Ir's very near the subway station but it felt so "country" and it exuded a university-town feel. I loved that there are a lot of trees in this area and that even if it seemed busy, like the rest of Guangzhou, it can be very relaxing. The girls at the front desk and cafe were very friendly and they spoke english well. I will definitely stay here again.

I stayed her for a couple of days while doing business in Guangzhou. The staff were very friendly and I love the rooftop garden!

The staff was nothing but helpful. After many changes with the rooms and dates because of a flight delay they were ready to solve my family's situation. Although Internet connection wasn't that good and hot water at the shower wasn't that hot it is still definitely a good deal. Atmosphere in that waiting area makes you feel at home. I'll definitely stay them again next time.

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Philippines

It was only palce where you sleep. Thats all. Rooms are ok.

It was a really nice atmosphere and really nice staff :) Really helpful and kind. I love the music and atmosphere they were providing. Having a breakfast on the rooftop is sooo enjoyable :) They have good coffee and food prepared with heart. It is also a good place to meet new friends: Chinese as well as foreigner people. Also really convenient to go to work if you are working in Zhujiang Xincheng.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Belgium

I went there because I had early appointment with US consulate the next morning and it was during the Canton Fair when all room fares went up. The money I paid wasn't worthy because I didn't expect to spend that much as a local citizen here with an 8-year-old boy. But the staff there was very nice, even though the room fare was still higher than normal and much more than my budget, they served us a family room considering I was with my son together at a single bed room price.

Overall is average. The staff is nice and willing to provide information. Yet, the room smells bad.

A little hard to find in the dark but there are signs and directions. The staff are friendly but there isn't really much on offer to eat at the cafe upstairs. Overall it's cheap, clean and really close to the metro station, I'd recommend it.

I had a much better private room at a hotel near Huangsha Rd. It cost only 40 RMB more than a private room at Catalpa Hostel.. It was the second time I stayed there. The first time the staff was amazing and friendly. This time they were less than helpful. I won't be back.

I liked the room size and the en suite, most people in my room were chinese with minimal english level. The rice in the cafe upstairs was cheap but horrible, I could tell they had just heated it up in the microwave. Would have preferred it if it was a little more social able, but overall I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it for certain people.