Dongshan Catalpa Garden Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 12-5 Gonghe Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou, China

I had a much better private room at a hotel near Huangsha Rd. It cost only 40 RMB more than a private room at Catalpa Hostel.. It was the second time I stayed there. The first time the staff was amazing and friendly. This time they were less than helpful. I won't be back.

I liked the room size and the en suite, most people in my room were chinese with minimal english level. The rice in the cafe upstairs was cheap but horrible, I could tell they had just heated it up in the microwave. Would have preferred it if it was a little more social able, but overall I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it for certain people.

This is my 2nd stay (previous one was a year ago). The terrasse is very enjoyable and a good place to meet people. The location is great with Metro station around the corner. definitely a nice place to stay.

It is very hard to use WIFI in the room. So have to go common room. but that placee is too small. Location is perfect. very close to YangJi Metro Station.

The hostel location was not bad, close to a station but located quite deeply inside the same bldgs so little hard to find it at the first time. The staffs are fairly kind. The facilities in the room look like old but very clean so its fine to use them. I would stay in there if i go agian to Guangzhou.

Great for the Metro, which is on 2 of the City's most useful lines. The area is cute but you wouldn't hang out here. Rooms are spacious and very clean (though I only stayed in the the private en suite). The common areas (inc rooftop) are v comfortable for relaxing with Wifi. If you're hoping to meet other travellers, it wasn't really that sort of vibe. Only criticism of the location was that it was very noisy on Sat morning. Staff forgot to book my 2nd reservation, but were otherwise v helpful

• 4th Apr 2014