Doolin Hostel Reviews

Fisherstreet, Clare, Doolin, Ireland

We got a room on the ground floor next to the entry, that's why it was very loud. The breakfast was lovely (with not only toast an jam, but sodabread, joghurt, fruits and cereals) and the staff was friendly.

One of the nicest and sweetest hostels (and villages!) I'd ever stayed in. Was in a 6 female dorm but it felt like a cozy B&B, which I loved. Pretty, clean, homey. The BEST coffee and kitchen I'd ever seen in a hostel. Staff really nice and helpful. I loved Doolin itself as well. Looking forward to returning!

We are delighted you to hear you enjoyed your stay so much and rated us so highly among all the hostels you have ever stayed in and that you found our home so cozy. It means a lot to us and don't wait too long to return :-) Warmest regards Anthony and Deirdre

We came during the off-season, mid-October, and this is the best hostel we've been to yet! Great staff, very accommodating, helped us out with finding things to do in the area, even made us pizza when the cafe was technically closed! This was one of the highlights of the trip so far. Thank you for a wonderful time.

• 16th Oct 2014

It was great to you stay with us and great to hear you enjoyed the Pizza. We enjoyed having you stay with us and great to hear you found all out tips and guidance helpful. Warmest regards Anthony and Deirdre

This hostel was nothing, but excellent! One of the best hostels I stayed in... Anthony and David just worked so hard all day to make sure everyone is comfortable, the place is clean, everyone is helped with questions etc. There was not a moment that they were not catering to the guests' comfort... The place is very clean, green and comfortable. Location is also great, the room was spacious and bed was comfortable. The breakfast is very healthy and there are lots of choices of good stuff.

This was a great place. Very clean and comfortable........

Thanks for giving us top marks, it is much appreciated, delighted you enjoyed your stay so much. Warmest regards Anthony and Deirdre

Very helpful staff, clean rooms, safe and friendly atmosphere, and great location. All round a lovely place to stay.

Thank you for your review and that you found the guys so helpful and you felt so safe in our beautiful part of the world. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday. Warmest regards Anthony and Deirdre

We loved our stay at this hostel! We got great advice about a couple of off-the-beaten-path hikes, our room was comfortable and clean, and there was plenty of space both indoors and out to sit and read or eat at the on-site restaurant/cafe. Our favorite part was the free breakfast, which was a wonderful surprise - cereal with yogurt and absolutely delicious gourmet toppings, brown bread and jam, and tasty coffee and tea. Doolin Hostel helped us to fall in love with Doolin!

Great to hear you took our advise and took one of the many great hiking trails such as on the burren lunar landscape up along the north shore of Doolin. Delighted to hear you enjoyed our healthy continental breakfast so much and thank you for falling in love with Doolin, but don't break our hearts and come back soon :-) Warmest regards Anthony and Deirdre

Wifi didn't connect at all even though it was meant to be available throughout the entire place. The staff were extremely helpful and made delicious home made food. Really great hostel in a cute little area.

It was a pleasure to hear you found us to be a great hostel and the staff where top notch and you enjoyed Deirdre's home baking so much. I am glad to say since you stayed we have upgraded and added a lot more routers so access is much better for wifi throughout the building, (although still slow with only 6mb available in Doolin.). But with so much to do during the day and great music and atmosphere in the pubs at night there's plenty to keep you entertained. Warmest regards Anthony

Extremely helpful. Always giving us terrific conversation and advice.

Wonderful hostel. Great location (you can start your Doolin-Cliffs of Moher walking trail right outside the hostel and the bus stops in front of the hostel), staff was very friendly and they serve delicious food. Room was clean and the showers were great as well.

We really appreciated the efforts to maintain an ecologically friendly facility. Perhaps the kitchen could use signage in other languages to ensure separation of food waste and recycling.

The shower was scalding hot and needed to be pressed on every minute. The beds were creaky and uncomfortable with flat pillows. Glad for the free breakfast, but people seemed to keep to themselves.

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear our beds where not to your liking, I will check the beds in your room to find which one was creaking. All going well the last couple of push button showers will be replaced this winter, but thank you for letting me know that the hot water was too hot as we have adjusted the settings. I am glad you enjoyed our healthy continental breakfast buffet and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in Ireland. Warmest regards Anthony and Deirdre

Great hostel. If you are looking something quiet, this is your hostel. Just 8km to cliffs of mother. Nice staff. If I have to go back to cliffs, I chose it again.

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the 8km hike along the cliffs up to the visitor center at the highest point. Alternatively for guests you can get the bus right outside the door up to them. Hopefully we will meet again and it was a pleasure to have you stay with us. Warmest regards Anthony and Deirdre

This was a wonderful hostel. The staff were so incredibly friendly. Deirdre saw me coming in off the bus--I had just arrived in Ireland on an overnight flight and she let me check in early. She and a staff member, David, gave me excellent tips (David included drawings!) on where to go and what to do in the area. I could not have felt more welcome. The price-included breakfast was great. I would definitely recommend this hostel and will be back on my next trip to Ireland's west coast.

Thank you for your review and we were happy to accommodate your early check in and glad you found all the tips on what to do in the area so useful, David is a great asset and enjoys the outdoors around Doolin to its fullest and has many great tips. It was a pleasure to welcome you into our home and we look forward to your return. Warmest regards Anthony and Deirdre

I stayed in this same hostel a few years and am very impressed by the renovation and focus on eco friendliness!

Thank you for your feed back and noticing all the improvements we have made since taking over the properties two years ago. We have done a lot to make it a very good hostel but we want and will be doing a lot more in the months and years to come. As we continue with our ethos of improving a little every day. Also thank you for mentioning our Eco focus, we are the first and only Gold Awarded "Green Hospitality Award" Hostel in Ireland. but again we feel we have much to improve on this.

The hostel is very well connected (5min by car to the Cliffs) and everything seems new. We stayed one night in a perfect double room with private bathroom. In the morning we had a complete breakfast and the staff were very kind with us. I recommend it.

Thank you for your review and noticing the improvements we have made to the hostel, indeed a lot of it is new and we will be continuing to add more in the months and years ahead. The visitor center to the Cliffs is a five minute drive, or you can get the bus outside the door, or hike the Cliff walk which just starts around the corner from us. Thank you for recommending us. Warmest regards Anthony and Deirdre

Found staff very friendly and great attention to everyone. Really enjoyed our stay at Doolin Hostel.Breakfast was good,and good facilities for cooking if you wanted.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great staff. Great breakfast. Tiny bathrooms with the stupid button showers. Great location for hiking to the cliffs of moher.

I had a very pleasant stay with my friends. Great location if trying to see the Cliffs of Moher and although it got a little cold at night, I loved the woodstove in the common area, the facilities are clean and the hostel owners are very helpful. Overall, a great stay!

We arrived there late, but the reception was waiting for us!!! so warm~ The room was very quiet and good, but a little bit cold for us and also bathroom is a bit small for us >< overall we had a nice stay there for 1 night and the staff was helpful. location is good also.

Great to hear you had such a warm welcome and we where able to facilitate your late arrival. Our reception is open until 8.30/9pm. I am sorry you found your room cool, but in June the average temperature of the hostel is around 20/21 degrees Celsius. Warmest regards Anthony and Deirdre