Doors Hostel Reviews

Olimpului Street No 13, Bucharest, Romania

i was not so happy with it i dont reccommend people to go it was old incorrect information

• 1st Aug 2015

Safe area, great location and friendly staff. A bit too hot in the dorm during summer ,perhaps additional fans should be installed. Bathroom was clean but its layout/ set up was not very practical

Best hostel for this hot summer.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Russia

Really nice place to stay. The atmosphere was amazing, the outdoor tent with all the pillows was the best. Loved it!

The outside area around this hostel is amazing! Great spaces to chill and have a drink. A 10 minute walk from the main area of town through quiet streets. I would definitely stay here again!

Tranquil place in a hectic city, staff were very nice and friendly.

A homely cosy place with two fun cats (I called the orange one Simba because he got shorn like a lion the day I arrived!) and a beautiful outdoor space with colourful cushions, abundant picnic tables and greenery; the perfect place to chill on a hot Bucharest day. A bit of a distance from Old Town, but there's a Metro station nearby which is extremely useful. The neighbours have a dog which will wake you up constantly with its barking, but otherwise I had no issues.

If it was possible to give this hostel a higher rating, I would. The staff are the most friendly and helpful of all the hostels I've visited, and the communal atmosphere is second to none. I'll be returning next year for a longer stay.

I had a lovely time at Doors hostel. There was a small concert there on the first night, and that really helped in creating a good vibe. Met lots of lovely people there, and really liked it. It's very very clean, the kitchen is always spotless, but the best thing is the staff. They are not only helpful, you can see that they like what they are doing and are really exceptional. Special shout out to Daniela and Dragos, they are awesome.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

We had a great time at the hostel. We stayed in the double private room which was very comfortable. The staff was awesome - all young, helpful, and English speaking. There is a great outside area and the hostel arranged a concert the first evening we arrived. The place is comfortable, clean, and great value for your money (plus it comes with 2 adorable cats). I would definitely recommend listening to their advice to print out a map as it can be a little tricky at first to find the correct street

• 18th Jun 2015

Very dreamy and open atmosphere

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

Lovely garden and perfect location in the center of Bucharest. It is a truly beautiful place. I Felt welcome there.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

I think I was there on a bad weekend. The 1st night, the hostel was hosting a wedding. It was a loud. Things quieted around 23h. The bathrooms were really dirty (probably because the wedding guests were using them as well). Trash cans were overflowing, the floor was muddy, and there was no toilet paper. The wedding used the kitchen so it wasn't available. The back of my locker was unsecured. My 2nd night was better, so I would consider giving the hostel another chance.

Yes, it's true. We helped our friends have their wedding in our garden, which was a bit much for us too. Lesson learned :) Thing is that our only condition to have the wedding here, was that all our hostel guests are invited to drinks and food and party, and I saw everybody enjoying themselves, which makes me terribly sorry you had a bad experience. As always, communication is the key, so next time you don't like something, just say it! We really want to make everybody feel great here.

A really nice place to stay, especially in summer. They even have got a hammock in the yard and it's cool.

We spend 1 night at the doors hostel. The hostel is lovely, with everything you need, very nice and helpful staff (thank you for all, Dragos and Diana!!). Quiet area, very close to the center, lovely garden to chill out. They propose you to leave the shoes at the entrance, and have slippers for you : ) I liked that. They keep the hostel silence at night so you can rest well. At night there was a dog barking for a while, but you get to fall asleep anyways. Enjoy the Doors Hostel!!

Nice hostel with beautiful garden and friendly staff. Not too far from the center.

• 5th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

It's situated near to the old town and Parlament (the People's Palace) but still in a very quiet street which doesn't seem the be in the center of Bucharest ! The stuff was very friendly and helpful. We liked the atmosphere quite a lot and would return there without hesitation.

better hostels to be found in bucharest

This is a great hostel, 15 minutes walk to the old town and right next to a really pretty church. The staff and owner were really friendly and the living room and outdoor garden are a perfect place to hang out and have a Romanian beer.

The staff at the hostel were really helpful and knowledgable. It is really intimate, and little touches like having a sofa in the room really makes a difference. Thank you!

• 28th Mar 2015