Doors Hostel Reviews

Olimpului Street No 13, Bucharest, Romania

If it was possible to give this hostel a higher rating, I would. The staff are the most friendly and helpful of all the hostels I've visited, and the communal atmosphere is second to none. I'll be returning next year for a longer stay.

I had a lovely time at Doors hostel. There was a small concert there on the first night, and that really helped in creating a good vibe. Met lots of lovely people there, and really liked it. It's very very clean, the kitchen is always spotless, but the best thing is the staff. They are not only helpful, you can see that they like what they are doing and are really exceptional. Special shout out to Daniela and Dragos, they are awesome.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

We had a great time at the hostel. We stayed in the double private room which was very comfortable. The staff was awesome - all young, helpful, and English speaking. There is a great outside area and the hostel arranged a concert the first evening we arrived. The place is comfortable, clean, and great value for your money (plus it comes with 2 adorable cats). I would definitely recommend listening to their advice to print out a map as it can be a little tricky at first to find the correct street

• 18th Jun 2015

Very dreamy and open atmosphere

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

Lovely garden and perfect location in the center of Bucharest. It is a truly beautiful place. I Felt welcome there.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

I think I was there on a bad weekend. The 1st night, the hostel was hosting a wedding. It was a loud. Things quieted around 23h. The bathrooms were really dirty (probably because the wedding guests were using them as well). Trash cans were overflowing, the floor was muddy, and there was no toilet paper. The wedding used the kitchen so it wasn't available. The back of my locker was unsecured. My 2nd night was better, so I would consider giving the hostel another chance.

Yes, it's true. We helped our friends have their wedding in our garden, which was a bit much for us too. Lesson learned :) Thing is that our only condition to have the wedding here, was that all our hostel guests are invited to drinks and food and party, and I saw everybody enjoying themselves, which makes me terribly sorry you had a bad experience. As always, communication is the key, so next time you don't like something, just say it! We really want to make everybody feel great here.

A really nice place to stay, especially in summer. They even have got a hammock in the yard and it's cool.

We spend 1 night at the doors hostel. The hostel is lovely, with everything you need, very nice and helpful staff (thank you for all, Dragos and Diana!!). Quiet area, very close to the center, lovely garden to chill out. They propose you to leave the shoes at the entrance, and have slippers for you : ) I liked that. They keep the hostel silence at night so you can rest well. At night there was a dog barking for a while, but you get to fall asleep anyways. Enjoy the Doors Hostel!!

Nice hostel with beautiful garden and friendly staff. Not too far from the center.

• 5th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

It's situated near to the old town and Parlament (the People's Palace) but still in a very quiet street which doesn't seem the be in the center of Bucharest ! The stuff was very friendly and helpful. We liked the atmosphere quite a lot and would return there without hesitation.

better hostels to be found in bucharest

This is a great hostel, 15 minutes walk to the old town and right next to a really pretty church. The staff and owner were really friendly and the living room and outdoor garden are a perfect place to hang out and have a Romanian beer.

The staff at the hostel were really helpful and knowledgable. It is really intimate, and little touches like having a sofa in the room really makes a difference. Thank you!

• 28th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Although I never stayed here due to an illness, the staff were super accomadating and worried that I didn't show up. They care and I'm sure it is a great hostel!

Tucked away behind Union Square - very cosy and clean premises with a nice common area (which hosts tea parties for cool, young locals) and small but spacious front courtyard. Every member of staff is so friendly and helpful and the bunk beds are comfortable. Loved the shoes off at the door policy! And the no-smoking inside (unlike a lot of other establishments in Bucharest). About 20 minutes from Old Town but worth it - cute, cool little hostel! Thanks Doors and all your peeps, we loved it...

Everything was great: great facilities, location, the staff was excellent and also there is a very loveable cat :)

Had a really good stay at the doors hostel. Great place to stay, enjoy a good romanian beer or some of there many thee's when you come back to the hostel in the evening. Great and friendly staff who are always there to help you.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

It's a very nice and cosy hostel. Be sure to take the free walking tour starting nearby, one of the best things to do during a city trip to Bucharest. I would also like to express a big thank you to Irene for being so supportive and helping out communicating in Romanian with the driver of the car in which I forgot my iPhone. Much appreciated

The location isn't ideal, and considering prices in general in Bucharest, the hostel seems a bit on the pricey side. That being said, great hot showers, and a kitchen that really makes you feel like a kitchen at home. Improvements: more plugs in the rooms. The common room has a ton of awesome board games when you feel like just chilling. Staff is friendly and always smiling.

Staff in the hostel were amazing and very friendly, nothing too much trouble, brilliant facilities with great chill out area,and tea room,plenty to do,hostel nice and clean,and well situated, would defo return to the hostel and would recommend to anyone of any age