Doors Hostel Reviews

Olimpului Street No 13, Bucharest, Romania

Top marks! Lovely hostel with a mega chill out zone in the garden. Similar to a Turkish kushk. The hostel is well located and has good cooking facilities even a dish washer! The only problem I encountered was that so much bleech had been used in the toilet downstairs on the floor it wrecked a pair of my shorts when using the bathroom. The cleaner. Oils do with a smile too, Otherwise a good place.

If it was possible to give this hostel a higher rating, I would. The staff are the most friendly and helpful of all the hostels I've visited, and the communal atmosphere is second to none. I'll be returning next year for a longer stay.

I had a lovely time at Doors hostel. There was a small concert there on the first night, and that really helped in creating a good vibe. Met lots of lovely people there, and really liked it. It's very very clean, the kitchen is always spotless, but the best thing is the staff. They are not only helpful, you can see that they like what they are doing and are really exceptional. Special shout out to Daniela and Dragos, they are awesome.

We had a great time at the hostel. We stayed in the double private room which was very comfortable. The staff was awesome - all young, helpful, and English speaking. There is a great outside area and the hostel arranged a concert the first evening we arrived. The place is comfortable, clean, and great value for your money (plus it comes with 2 adorable cats). I would definitely recommend listening to their advice to print out a map as it can be a little tricky at first to find the correct street

• 18th Jun 2015

Very dreamy and open atmosphere

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

Lovely garden and perfect location in the center of Bucharest. It is a truly beautiful place. I Felt welcome there.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

I think I was there on a bad weekend. The 1st night, the hostel was hosting a wedding. It was a loud. Things quieted around 23h. The bathrooms were really dirty (probably because the wedding guests were using them as well). Trash cans were overflowing, the floor was muddy, and there was no toilet paper. The wedding used the kitchen so it wasn't available. The back of my locker was unsecured. My 2nd night was better, so I would consider giving the hostel another chance.

Yes, it's true. We helped our friends have their wedding in our garden, which was a bit much for us too. Lesson learned :) Thing is that our only condition to have the wedding here, was that all our hostel guests are invited to drinks and food and party, and I saw everybody enjoying themselves, which makes me terribly sorry you had a bad experience. As always, communication is the key, so next time you don't like something, just say it! We really want to make everybody feel great here.

A really nice place to stay, especially in summer. They even have got a hammock in the yard and it's cool.

1 2 Next » last »