Doors Hostel Reviews

Olimpului Street No 13, Bucharest, Romania

Great Hostel, really cozy familiary atmosphere. Krie and Irina gave us a lot og great tips about their favourite places and we really felt home in the Doors Hostel. High recommendation!

• 30th May 2013

Good place, location is convenient enough for the main sights, and you can't help but enjoy drinking tea in the garden tea house.

It was one of the best hostels I have ever seen. The place, the staff and the atmosphere where really great. I would absolutely recommend this place in bucuresti because it is a real oasis where you can escape the noises of the city. The garden with teehouse and cats was very relaxing. Thank again for everything.

I met some wonderful people at the Doors. Thank you so much!

Lovely hostel with big garden! Nice people and great atmosphere!

A very pleasant hostel.

it is a really nice hostel...

very quiet and comfortable

• 9th Mar 2013

Briefly, as feedback has already been given: Pros:Friendly staff, hot water, location ok. Cons:Despite "taxes included", we had to pay more than quoted as penalty for paying in the local currency(!) What traveller not from Eurozone (i.e. from UK, Australia etc) would waste money buying Euros just to pay one hostel in Bucharest?! Room cold, depressing, no desk or cupboards, people,smoking, no lamp lightbulb, interrupted each evening to turn off heat. Manager kindly offered refund but too late.

First time i stayed in a hostel and it exceeded my expectations. It's a very cool place with nice people and cool cats. Thank you guys!

I will come back! Soon!

Great atmosphere. Made me want to come back. Diana gave me really good tips regarding the night life which, by the way is one of the best in Europe!

• 24th Jan 2013
  • Male

The guys will make you feel home... Thanks a lot! Been travelling for quite a long now, and I really needed that!

• Spain
  • 25-30

Because i'm travelling with my guitar they offered me 3 nights for free just to play a bit for the guests and the owners friends! Cool, huh? Definetely a place for artists! Thanks Mario!

• 23rd Jan 2013

... and that`s available for all the artists out there! If we love something that`s the exchange of small services between friends. We have a place to stay and you`ve got a way to cheer everybody up! Thanks a lot Hellen for the kind words! Your music was a pleasure to our ears ;)

I got there just when they were cooking and they invited me to a delicious meal. Thank you so much!

• 23rd Jan 2013

I don't know why but... I think I'll come back !

It's a nice hostel and the owner has 2 beautiful cat who love to play with the guests! The rooms were clean and there is a nice tea cafe in the hostel as well.

guests in the next room were very noisy

very nice and good hostel, helpful stuff, and help you with anything. kitchen is good an showers are clean. i will recommend to other travelers to go there. i like very much the hostel.

This was a good hostel. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. It was clean (except for the scary looking pillows) and there was a lot of space. The outdoor garden and lounge was very inviting. It is a good location and you can easily walk to many sites (within 15min). Other people have commented about the barking dogs (which I also experienced), but I've learned that they are everywhere in Bucharest! I would recommend this hostel and I would also stay there again.