Doors Hostel Reviews

Olimpului Street No 13, Bucharest, Romania

I've stayed at the doors 3 times in the last year. It has all the facilities you would expect of an excellent hostel, but, it has an atmosphere unlike any other. Every time I've been at the Doors I have met interesting people and stayed far longer than I had intended to! The staff are exceptionally welcoming and helpful. I'd recommend this hostel without reserve.

The garden area was an awesome place to sit and chill out - even when it was raining!

Lovely hostel, very close to the city centre and in a lovely quiet area. Fantastic bar and fun staff who were always willing to help. Shower and kitchen facilities were brilliant and clean. Only two issues - Wifi did not work except in communal areas and the lack of air conditioning was a pain at night when it was so hot, although a fan was provided.

Great hostel! Staff was amazing, the atmosphere is excelent. Had a great time there and would repeat for sure.

Very nice garden, hard to sleep with no air con, decent base to explore Bucharest.

This is a nice chilled hostel in a quiet part of town. There wasn't much atmosphere when I was there and it wasn't very easy to meet other travelers but the chill out section is nice to relax in and the washing service is very cheap!

Accueil chaleureux et attentionné dans une auberge pleine de charme et de caractère, une adresse à conseiller!

Pretty good hostel with nice staff and an awesome outdoor garden area come teahouse. However it is a 10 minute walk to the nearest metro and a fair walk to the old town. Also the security is quite lax - with the front doors always open, even when we arrived home 2am one morning and there was no staff to be seen. What made it worse is that our room didn't even have a key, although there are lockers for valuable.

i was not so happy with it i dont reccommend people to go it was old incorrect information

• 1st Aug 2015

this guy came shouting at me why nobody told him he can have a milkshake, but never asked for one. then came at night to ask for one, we said no, cannot use the blender at night, it's loud. then he came back 7 in the morning, same situation, he got really angry, threats to write bad review. we had to explain traveling info to him 3 or 4 times, he was coming back asking the same questions. we offered him fruit, drinks,snacks,all we could to make him happy, which he seemed when he left.not fair.

Great hostel, very particular. The staff is super. Very friendly and helpful people. There's also a nice garden with sofas to sit or lay back outside to have relax. I recommend it.

Safe area, great location and friendly staff. A bit too hot in the dorm during summer ,perhaps additional fans should be installed. Bathroom was clean but its layout/ set up was not very practical

great hostel with a wonderful garden!!! super cozy

Super atmosphere, lovely garden!

Excellente auberge de jeunesse avec jardin et ambiance vraiment reposante. Une des meilleures de Bucarest !

Best hostel for this hot summer.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Russia

Really nice place to stay. The atmosphere was amazing, the outdoor tent with all the pillows was the best. Loved it!

The outside area around this hostel is amazing! Great spaces to chill and have a drink. A 10 minute walk from the main area of town through quiet streets. I would definitely stay here again!

Tranquil place in a hectic city, staff were very nice and friendly.

A homely cosy place with two fun cats (I called the orange one Simba because he got shorn like a lion the day I arrived!) and a beautiful outdoor space with colourful cushions, abundant picnic tables and greenery; the perfect place to chill on a hot Bucharest day. A bit of a distance from Old Town, but there's a Metro station nearby which is extremely useful. The neighbours have a dog which will wake you up constantly with its barking, but otherwise I had no issues.

If it was possible to give this hostel a higher rating, I would. The staff are the most friendly and helpful of all the hostels I've visited, and the communal atmosphere is second to none. I'll be returning next year for a longer stay.