Dorset House Backpackers Reviews

1 Dorset Street, PO Box 25350, Christchurch, New Zealand

I loved it! The beds were so comfortable and it was awesome they weren't bunk beds. The location was cool because it was within walking distance to the botanical garden, the park, and the re-start mall. When I called in to the hostel to tell them we weren't going to be able to be there by the time the reception desk closed, she was so nice on the phone and was very helpful. However, the chick working in the morning was horrible. She wasn't friendly at all; she barged into our room. Wifi sucked.

Awesome Hostel. Well recommended .

Hostel is good. But I didn't feel good. Very bad atmosphere, backpackers were no warmfull, even staff, was not warmful and smiling.

Great hostel. Felt very much like a little home. It was very empty when I was there so it was SO quiet. Reception was very nice and helpful. Right near a park.

Wifi didn't seem to work very well in the lounge and didn't work at all in the room.

Great hostel! Feels like your grandma's home and I liket it! haha Great showers and very clean facilities. I have intentions to come back!!!

Dorset house was clean and warm...which we liked. It seemed like a long, cold walk from the bus stop...which we didn't like. Everything else was fine tho.

Relaxed atmosphere, very friendly staff, clean rooms and reasonable facilities. On the whole a positive experience.

Nice hostel, a little quirky! Has everything you could want. We only stayed one night as we were just passing through so not sure about the location, think it's a little far from the main hub. Also reception closes at 6pm which is unusual.. But a key was left out for us and we had no problems. Nice kitchen, common areas, hot showers and free wifi

View all Christchurch Hostels