8.8
Fabulous 294 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 294 Total Reviews
Dorset House Backpackers Located at 1 Dorset Street, PO Box 25350, Christchurch.
New Zealand
Christchurch 8144 1 Dorset Street, PO Box 25350
88% 294
-43.5225787 172.6274117
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 18-24
11th Jul 2016
7.7

I really enjoyed this hostel. Cute space and very clean bathrooms. Kitchen was kept clean as well. Great wifi, and beautiful location. Staff were very helpful and polite.

24th Jun 2016
7.1

Comfortable hostel a fair distance from central Christchurch with friendly staff. Check your room before payment.

17th Jun 2016

Great hostel! With the rebuild in Christchurch none of the hostels are really centrally located but this one is just a short walk to town and right by the gardens which make for a nice walk! Also the bus from the airport stops nearby which is always helpful. Loved having no bunk beds! Big open rooms and the best wifi I've had in NZ! Big kitchen and I liked all of the single private bathrooms. They also let me store my luggage there for a couple weeks until I came back. Thanks guys!

• England, Female, 18-24
9th Jun 2016

Only stayed one night here so couldn't tell you how far or near away it is to everything. However it's right by the park which is beautiful and not far from the uni. Very cosy and comfortable with a good sized kitchen and common room. Loved the fact I got a proper single bed instead of bunk beds.

• England, Female, 18-24
28th May 2016

Rooms were spacious and clean and there were no bunk beds which was the best part! Kitchen was small for the size of the hostel but it had everything needed. The location of the hostel is right next to the park and botanical gardens which is really nice to go for walks and also close to restaurants.

• Indonesia, Male, 25-30
21st May 2016

Love the deco of this hostel. Really adds to the ambience. The toilet is also very clean and well maintained. Only feedback is, the carpet/ flooring is in dire need of replacement. Location wise, it's very near to the bus stop that can take you to the airport. However, there are very limited option for supermarket or budget eateries around the hostel. Not exactly sure if other hostels fare better as I didn't stay in Christchurch for long. Very recommended nonetheless!

14th May 2016

The best kitchen in all hostel that I stayed...because Dorset provides all the ingredients for cooking plus there are so many freebies...so when I Egg I had to contribute to that freebies bin. I highly recommend it.i will definitely comeback here. Very good wifi..

• Germany, Female, 18-24
11th May 2016

The hostel is a beautiful old wooden house and located really close to the city center, the botanic garden, the park and also to the national bus stations. You can walk to all those things in less than 15 minutes. The Wifi is really fast, the best I had in a hostel yet, you can enjoy your meal on the balcony and there are plenty of free spices and also plenty of other free food in the kitchen. I really enjoyed my stay at the Dorset Guesthouse!

• Philippines, Female, 41+
5th May 2016

I love to stay back if I be given a chance in the future. My only concern is that I felt something itchy. maybe some flees from previous customer with pets or what but that's what I experienced in that room. Maybe you schedule to wash including the blanket and the bed cover. I know its a big bulk. Maybe not every day but may every month or what. But I am sure you change the fitted sheets and the flat sheets including the pillow for every customer. thank you!

• England, Female, 25-30
3rd May 2016

Only stayed the 1 night, wouldn't hesitate in staying again. I arrived late and the key was awaiting me. Nice bedroom (thankfully no bunkbeds), clean bathrooms, very helpful staff and comfy communal area. Thank you very much!