Dos Frida Y Diego

Fabulous 98 Total Reviews
Fabulous 98 Total Reviews

29th Apr 2017
6.6

Mixed feeling about this place. It's a big beautiful house with a nice exterior patio, but the family lives in the house and you feel like you disturb them. We booked a "deluxe room ensuite" for 200 MXN more but the bathroom was shared and far from the room. Clean room with nice bed, but the tables in bathroom and patio were dusty. The breakfast is good but only served from 9-10 AM. Finally, you need to ring the bell every time to enter the house. So it's an ok place for 1-2 nights but not more.

• England, Female, 31-40
25th Mar 2017

We had a wonderful stay at Frida's. We booked the private double room which was incredibly spacious with a nice bathroom. The guesthouse is a 15 to 20min walk to the nearest metro station, and is a great location for getting around the city. We walked around the local area late at night and always felt safe, and the staff at the guesthouse were all very kind and friendly. I would definitely recommend it. My only con for Frida's...the wifi is a little unreliable. Otherwise, definitely book,

18th Mar 2017

Great hosts. It's a family run hostel and they're really helpful. The best part is definitely the home cooked Mexican breakfast! Not much of an atmosphere here, however, so unless you're lucky, it's not for a solo traveler looking to meet people. You will get good sleep here though!

• Mexico, Male, 25-30
13th Mar 2017

Excellent place to stay a couple of nights in Mexico City! Very close to Paseo de la Reforma, Angel de la Independencia. The staff is extra friendly and helpful. The room I stayed in was very nice and cozy. The only problem I had was with the shower on the top floor: the water pressure is super low. In general an extremely pleasant stay!

1st Mar 2017
8.0

PROs: Great location, close to restaurants & insurgents stop. It’s clean & staff are friendly. The breakfast was good: scrambles egg, black beans, and tortillas. It was very different; I tried washing my dishes n they told me they would wash them. CONS: Most of the staff didn’t speak or spoke very little English, the water pressure in the shower was really bad, took a while for hot water to come, hard to meet other travelers since the space wasn’t conducive to that.

• Colombia, Couple, 25-30
17th Feb 2017
6.0

Está en una buena zona pero no queda cerca al metro para moverse. El staff no es nada agradable, ni amigable, no tienen actitud de servicio y realmente la dueña no tenía buena presentación personal. La verdad que te dan ganas de salir corriendo, no querrás pasar tiempo en el hostal.

30th Dec 2016

Dos Fridas y Diego folks stayed up late after our flight was delayed, making us feel at home. Beds were comfortable, neighborhood is quiet (a plus in such a large city!), and they let us leave our bags until our next flight. Definitely a great location - we walked to the Castillo and Archaeological Museum. Highly recommended when in Mexico City!

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
30th Dec 2016
6.6

I would not like to go there again. We booked via the web and had to pay 165 dollars on arrival. We wanted to pay in Pesos. The owner told us how much it is. Actually she used a change course of 22 instead of the actual course of 20.7. When we noticed it we asked her about it. She became very angry: 'This is business!' She didn't even let us talk and just put the money we already paid on the table and said, 'if you don't like it, go and bring me dollars.' She was so upset and ruined our day.

• England, Female, 25-30
27th Dec 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hostel, the family are lovely and were so helpful and sociable. The breakfasts are delicious and generous, the decor of the house is great and the location is unbeatable. The dorm beds are not the most comfortable and there weren't many plugs but otherwise I have no complaints and would definitely stay here again.

• melissaskyle5354
  • USA, Female, 25-30
27th Dec 2016

This place is excellent. Easy to get anywhere in the city either by uber, walking, or bus (I didn't try the subway). The staff is the absolute best. They were always reachable, helped me book tours, and gave me insights about the city and places to check out.The room was super clean, as were the bathrooms. The breakfast was lovely and different each day. I would absolutely go back!