Superb 328 Total Reviews
Superb 328 Total Reviews
Doug's Mountain Getaway Located at Muehlwiese 12, , Innsbruck.
Austria
Innsbruck Tirol 6166 Muehlwiese 12
97% 328
47.1517418 11.3530182
    Rooms available

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
26th Jun 2016

Doug's was next level. It's not a hostel, it's a home. The staff were great, the facilities were great and I had an awesome time. Maybe for more relaxed people as there aren't always staff around to help and you won't be waited on, but every tiny issue is more than forgiven by the awesome time you'll have. I didn't really believe the hype in the reviews before I went, until I got there. Tip: don't use the upstairs shower, the ones downstairs are way better.

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
24th Jun 2016

Easily the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Everything was 10/10, location, staff, atmosphere, facilities. Very laid back welcoming place with an enormous amount of excursions offered. Really felt like a little backpacking family. It's situated south of Innsbruck about 30 min by bus in Fulpmes, perfect location for the beautiful scenery but still having loads of stores 2 min down the street. Absolutely loved this hostel

• Canada, Female, 18-24
21st Jun 2016

This is an amazing hostel. Highly recommend

• Australia, Male, 31-40
20th Jun 2016

Could not have asked for a better place!!! Doug, Nate and Emma were amazing and made the stay incredible!!! The hot tub and sauna were amazing after a fun day out in the mountains. I'll definitely be heading back!!! Thanks guys!!!

• USA, Male, 25-30
20th Jun 2016

The people working here get it. Every visitor I met in my stay, including myself, ended up increasing the amount of days of their stay due to DMG's offerings of incredible day trips and intoxicating atmosphete. The atmosphere, staff, location are all A+. I had a truly great experience.

17th Jun 2016

I have no complaints about this place ( and I complain a lot). It's located in a wonderful place for outdoor activities but also just as close to groceries and restaurants. The staff is great. The hot tub is great. The hostel is just great.

6th Jun 2016

I've stayed in more than 30 hostels and Doug's is, by far, the best. Skip Innsbruck and go directly to the Alps, you won't regret it. Nate is an amazing host, the facilities and the kitchen are excellent. A lot of mountain related activities even in spring. One of the best moments of all my trips. Really cool people, extremelly good atmosphere. Thanks for all.

5th Jun 2016

Incredible, highly memorable hostel in a beautiful location. In amongst the mountains but in a village with amenities e.g. cashpoint, food. Staff were very nice and would put on activities/trips if enough people interested. Many things to do in the area - you could easily spend a week or longer, especially if you like hiking. Fantastic atmosphere and a great place to meet other solo travellers and small groups. I liked coming back to the sauna after walking during the day.

5th Jun 2016

The moment I stepped through the door, I felt like I was at a home I'd never been to before. The people here treat you like family, and Nate and Ana took me on one my the most incredible climbing trips of my life with some of the greatest people I've met in Europe so far. They've got whole books of activities they encourage guests to look through. My only regret with this place is not staying longer than two nights- they were some of the best days and nights of my vacation yet.

3rd Jun 2016

Pros: Amaaaazing place! Such a great atmosphere! The staff is incredibly nice and helpful, lots of activities, games, trips, hiking, relaxing. Pretty much everything you could want in a hostel is here. I absolutely loved it. I would go back again and again and I could go on and on about how perfect this place is. Cons: No lockers may bother some, but this place is so warm and trustworthy, you don't really feel worried about it.