Doug's Mountain Getaway Reviews

Muehlwiese 12, Innsbruck, Austria

Doug´s Mountain Getaway is a paradise surrounded by beautiful mountains. You will feel at home there and will meet incredible people. There is no better place to stay.

Absolutely the best hostile ever!! We were the only ones there mon-Wed. You can have fun for weeks without even leaving..Old school Nintendo, DVD's, Xbox games, hot tub, sauna, rock band, a million board games! You have to play Zug Um Zug! Or download Ticket To Ride Europe app ;) They have the best dog! Staff is outstanding, they planned our day and it was perfect! Slightly awkward if you arrive when they aren't home, BUT just walk in and don't feel weird, they leave a note somewhere!

Beautiful location in Fulpmes, Austria; right between the Alps. The staff are a great group of guys, very helpful and friendly.

• 6th Mar 2015

If you are anywhere in Europe, no matter the time of year, you should go to Innsbruck JUST to get to DMG. It was hands down my favorite hostel, in one of the prettiest places I've ever been.

Doug is a great guy, helped us whenever needed and even lent us skis!!

All the other reviews are right- best place I've stayed in Europe! More of a holiday home than a hostel but that just made for the best atmosphere. Doug, Nate and Lucy are all so helpful and definitely make the place what it is! It is a 30min bus ride out of Innsbruck but Fulpmes is a beautiful little town and there's so much to do and see around the mountain. Would recommend to everyone and will definitely be back!!

Nice relaxing place in quiet village. House really has a lot activities, games, entertainment, and good fun. Doug and staff are great. They also may organize trips some days. Some nights are quiet while others are a bit party. Rooms and beds are quite basic and lack some privacy but thats part of the atmosphere. Area around hostel quiet, on the route to Stubai glacier but no so close so not exactly a ski hostel although there are some small slopes nearby if there is enough snow...

Wow! I can't overstate how awesome this hostel is. Well, it's not realllly a hostel. More like a much cleaner version of the house you lived in with all your friends at university. It's a big house with lots of great amenities and cool people. Doug and his staff are very friendly, and the area around the place has lots to do. We would highly recommend the hike to the monastery. At the end of the day you can soak your sore legs in Doug's hot tub. We will be back to Innsbruck, and back to Doug's!

An amazing place, made so by Doug himself and his wonderful staff. This is a special place where everyone is made to feel so welcome and included in all the activities on offer. I went there as an older solo female, and thoroughly enjoyed mixing with the young ones when I wanted, and then doing my own thing also. It is so easy to get to from the train station - the bus is right outside the door of the station and drops you two minutes walk to Doug's.

• 3rd Dec 2014

Doug's Mountain Getaway is amazing! Whether it's summer or winter, there are loads of things to do in Fulmpes or at the house. There's a really nice spa and sauna area at the chalet which is a perfect way to end a day on the slopes. Doug and the fantastic DMG staff will openly welcome you into their family :) I would highly recommend staying here! I will definitely come again myself :)

• 17th Nov 2014

very good Hostel ! the localization is amazing, the most beautiful place that I had been, there are several activities, I really enjoyed it. (obligado :P)

Amazing hostel. Super friendly staff and lots activities nearby.