Doug's Mountain Getaway

Superb 466 Total Reviews

• tcam4living2750
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
19th Sep 2017

I literally never write reviews, however this has been the best hostel I've stayed in so far! If you're in the Innsbruck area you MUST come here. Located right in the mountains, with loads of outdoor activities. Spa and sauna was awesome after a long day of hiking! Like to give a shoutout to the three Irish boys that looked after the place while I was there, really helpful and always up for a chat! Best hostel!!

13th Sep 2017

Stay at this hostel!! Don't worry about the money, just stay here. I have been traveling for four weeks and this is the coolest hostel I have stayed in and more then likely will stay in my whole trip. Staff is amazing, friendly, and knowledgeable of the area. You have a hot tub and sauna for sore muscles at the end of the day. Any tabletop game you could desire. The lounge area has all the streaming services you could desire. Everyone I met here is friendly and outgoing, very social hostel

11th Sep 2017

Outstanding in every aspect I can think of. A huge credit to everyone involved in running the place. Had a brilliant time, would go well out of my way to visit again!

• vupauline4124
  • USA, Female, 31-40
10th Sep 2017

Doug's is one of my favorite hostels. The whole place is totally cozy, there's a ton of great amenities, and the staff goes above and beyond to make sure you're having a good time. It's a great place for a solo traveler, too; when I was there everyone planned fun activities together. I definitely stayed longer than intended.

• samuelnicholson9999285
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
9th Sep 2017

Not just he best hostel I have ever stayed in but the best place I've ever stayed. Edan and Ed are legends and made everyone feel welcome and had the best atmosphere you could imagine. Met lots of different people all with a different story and all awesome people. I will be back a lot in the future. Cheers boys

8th Sep 2017

The environment in this hostel was awesome, they treated us like family. There are plenty of great hikes close to the hostel

• Australia, Female, 18-24
5th Sep 2017

The most amazing hostel I have stayed at. Everything was great. Location was close to all the hikes and supermarket is 2 mins away. Staff could answer all my questions. Atmosphere was amazing!! Breakfast was provided each day. Only con is that the shower in the dorm spills across the whole bathroom room. Would highly recommend.

5th Sep 2017

This is an amazing hostel for anyone looking to spend a few days hiking in the mountains outside of Innsbruck. The hostel would be at full occupancy with around 15 people and the facilities are huge for this size. This was complete with a sauna/hottub area, a board game area and a living room movie area. My days there consisted of hiking into the mountains with other people staying in the hostel.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
4th Sep 2017

After reading the reviews of DMG I decided to skip Salzburg and head straight to Innsbruck. I'm so glad that I did. If I didn't have to fly out today I would have extended my stay at DMG for a second time. This hostel feels more like a home away from home more than anything else. Unfortunately I didn't get time to play all the games or do all the activities that are in the hostel. But the highlight was definitely a hot tub and a sauna after a day of hiking. couldn't recommend highly enough!!!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
1st Sep 2017

The holy grail of hostels. Cannot fault this place, such an amazing place.

×