Doug's Mountain Getaway Reviews

Muehlwiese 12, Innsbruck, Austria

I've been traveling for a longtime and this hostel stands out as one of the absolute bests if not the best. Great community feel, incredibly knowledgable staff, and heaps of adventure sports nearby year round

100% one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Highly reccommend to anybody travelling around Europe just to stop here for a few nights stay. Staff were amazing Facilities are second to none.

• 22nd Jan 2016

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The staff, facilities and location are all amazing.

Really really really awesome hostel. The staff are seriously cool and welcoming. I stayed in the dorm room which was a little small but there is so much space throughout the hostel to chill and relax. Probably one of the best hostels I have stayed in for the amount of facilties there are available to guests. Use the hot tub on a clear night and enjoy the view of the stars! The free breakfast was perfect. I could go on but you will just have to stay here and see for yourself :)

After travelling for 4.5 months around Europe we can safely say that this was our favourite hostel of the entire trip and would recommend people go to Austria if not just to stay there. From staff to the dog (nugget) to the family atmosphere our entire stay was really enjoyable. While it was a bit of a way out of the main town it wasn't an in-convince to get to and there was still a lot to do. It is the kind of place you immediately make friends and feel at home!

• 22nd Nov 2015

This hostel is amazing! Great location and lots of fun activities nearby! Easy to meet other travellers. I highly recommend to anyone!

Wonderful little hostel in a charming location, easy to reach from Innsbruck. Loads of outdoors activities available, and great homey atmosphere each evening.

My partner and I only stayed for 2 nights but we wish it had been longer! I can't rate this hostel highly enough - fab facilities, a sauna, hot tub, darts, bar, chilled living/common room, kitchen to make your own food, and even hand made activity books showing what you can do in the surrounding area. Very chilled staff and the atmosphere was 'anything goes' - I loved it. Will definitely come back again.

The best hostel I have stayed in. So welcoming and accomodating. Very chilled out and s great atmosphere to meet other travellers. Awesome scenery and amazing hikes in the area. The hot tub and sauna are awesome to have a few drinks and watch the sunset. Great free breakfast. Lots of games to play with everyone. Everything is clean and tidy. Honestly the. Best hostel.

Everything about this hostel is outstanding. Only thing I didn't like was having to leave DMG.

Love this place. Don't even know where to start. Could've stayed for weeks or months. Doug: awesome, staff: awesome, mountains: awesome Nugget the dog...you guessed it...he's awesome. Such a cozy place to make friends. Great for solo travelers and meeting friendly people. Hot tub for after long cold ski days or hikes, that is if you can get your butt off the comfy couch. I'm surprised I left. But I will be back one day! Especially because i missed the toboggan season.

Awesome little place in an amazing location just outside of Innsbruck. Staff are amazing and the house is quite simply awesome. Highly recommended if you want something a little different from the normal hostels for your time in Innsbruck

It doesn't get any better than Dougs. I showed up here knowing nothing about Innsbruck and it quickly turned into my favorite city in all of Europe because of this place and the staff. They've got an album of tons of cool trips to do each day from hiking to skiing to water parks and bowling. You could stay a month and never be bored. Also home made bread was delicious. The hot tub after a day of snowboarding was perfect. Game and movie room were super chill. Thanks guys!!

I wouldn't really say it's a hostel. It was more like living in a house with a group of happy people travelling! A very nice experience and wonderfull hiking opportunities.

Believe the hype people! This place was amazing. You feel at home here the minute you walk in the door. The staff are all friendly and helpful and you get to know them well. They are outside of innsbruck but its okay because they have so much to do where they are located I never went into town. Hot tub and sauna enough said. They have day trips and other activities. They offer the freedom you want with the structure you need. Beware you are going to want to extend your stay here!

Hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Staff are great, facilities super cool and the position is perfect for so many activities no matter the season or weather. Would recommend 100%

Best Hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff are amazing, it has an awesome atmosphere and tons of outdoor activities in the surrounding Alps!

Loved the facilities. Met some amazing people. Would recommend & come back. It's totally worth the money, so quit debating & just book it:)! Thanks for such a great time!!! Oh and stay more than 2 nights... There is SO much to do.

"Is it possible to change my plans and stay another night or two?" is the most common thing I heard while staying here. Nobody wants to leave, and everyone seems to treasure their time at DMG and the surrounding mountains and valley. Truly a spectacular hostel in a spectacular setting. I sincerely cannot imagine anything they, or any hostel, could do better.

best hostel I've ever stayed at!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3