Doug's Mountain Getaway Reviews

Muehlwiese 12, Innsbruck, Austria

DMG is awesome! It's such a unique and homey feel. Everyone who stays there feels the same about it, it's warm, welcoming, and inviting. This place, however, is not IN Innsbruck. Which is fine if you're not hoping to see the city, there is PLENTY to do in the mountains and DMG will show you the way to go. For adventure, fun, or even just to relax, this is the place to do it. I'd love to come back and stay with Doug for a winter ski trip!

The best hostel ever!! Dont be put off by it not being in Innsbrook city centre, it is a beautiful location in the alps surrounded by walks to do and awesome activities such as paragliding! Doug is awesome and answered all of my 100 questions without a problem. Also there a hot tub and sauna which is just brilliant.

All I can say is holy sh*t this place is amazing. It is quite literally a dream share-house where you pay a little rent to join the family for a few days. Gym, sauna, spa, table tennis, indoor rock climbing (yes you can rock climb inside the house), fooz ball, poker table, hidden rooms, it's ridiculous. Loved it. The mountains are just out the window so you can walk outside and run/ride/walk to explore. Definitely the coolest place I've ever stayed at in travels.

Wish i could have stayed longer

This is a hostel unlike any other. Its a dream bachelor pad setup with so many extras (hot tub, sauna, table tennis, cheap beer, lounge set up for movies, loads of sports gear, ...)that makes for a great social atmosphere for meeting people and doing fun activities together.The hosts seem to be immersed in the social culture, taking part in and sometimes organizing fun things to do. On the critical side, the place could be more reliably staffed and security was somewhat lacking. Overall,amazing

I have been travelling for 2 months and Dougs place is by far the best hostel. The best atmosphere as i really got to know the host as well as other guests. It is definitely a place for those who love socializing and love the outdoors. Doug is great, we were originally booked for 5 days but emailed him to see if we could come earlier and it was no problem for them!

• 17th Jul 2014

Superb hostel. Was further away from Innsbruck than we were expecting but we didn't care when we realised how fantastic this place and the surrounding area are. Doug is really helpful and gave us some great tips on mountain biking around Fulpmes. The facilities are just as good as they seem online and it's very tempting to spend your entire stay putting them to use! Rooms were very comfortable and spacious, and the included breakfast was excellent.

Loved this place, doug and the crew are awesome. Would have to say it's the best place I have stayed in my year travelling so far and hope to get back there one day

• 20th Jun 2014

If you somehow describe this place, you could say its awesome, or cool. Young peoples or extreme heads fantasy home:D put if you want to have your on peace, i would not recommend, because this is kind of commune type of house. Offcourse you can have yor peace put you feel sorru for it.

perfect place to go if you enjoy outdoors activities. The atmosphere is also awesome, when you're not outside doug has a really sweet setup with tons of options for entertainment

Great and homy place in the middle of the alps. If you travel alone it is very easy to connect to others. Go for a hike and enjoy the jacuzzi and the sauna right after. I absolutly would stay there again.

Really cool place and has so many things to do if you're not hiking/skiing. Big screen for movies, lots of board games, hot tub and sauna, and the staff are super friendly. 20km outside of Innsbruck (in Fulpmes), but not a hassle to get to at all. Just a bus and a 2 min walk. Also at the base of multiple lifts so hiking is only a 10-15 min walk away.

In my mind, a 100% review is usually given by those who choose to turn their notice from the worse things about a place. Pay attention. You will never ever stay at a better place. You will never regret your decision to stay here. Only good things will come of it. Seriously, stop reading this review and book your stay already. But really, my group had an amazing time at Doug's and you will too.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in!! I have now backpacked through Europe two times, and have passed through Switzerland & Austria both times. Being that these countries are known for their adventure sports, hiking, etc.. Doug's provides a wonderful home to stay in and relax when you are not out taking on the Alps in Austria.

Dougs mountain getaway was just I needed throughout my 3 month europe trip! About 1 hour out of the main town, into the mountains so not a party hostel if thats what youre after ( I wasn't). Jamie and Monica made me feel right at home and had plenty of things for us to do. Its a small hostel, which is great for meeting people Wish I stayed a few days longer and will definitely coming back next time im in Innsbruck

In rural Austria. Away from the city, but so much better than any city. The place has a hottub, rock wall, ping pong table, grill, full kitchen, pool table, cards table, secret back room for darts and non gambling poker;-), a five euro wash and dry service, small movie theatre, 1,50€ 0,5L beers and much more. The atmosphere couldn't be better. Breakfast is included, the place is clean and is the overall best cost to awesome place in Europe.

• 2nd Jun 2014

There aren't no so many choice in Innsbruck (hostel), but this place It's okay for 2/3 nights.

The best place I've stayed on my 7 week trip. Doug, Jamie, Monica and Michelle are all so nice and welcoming. Played some volleyball with them , hung out drinking beer by a river/rock climbing wall and jammed out to some tunes/drinking games back at the hostel. Whenever I met someone on my journey, I always recommended them this place. Thanks guys, hope to see you again in the near future! From the twins

Best hostel in Europe! Loved every second of it and the hosts are wonderful people.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at! Doug and Michelle were awesome and gave great advice on which hikes to do around the area. Definitely explore the Stubai valley and not just Innsbruck if you're in the area. Highly recommended.