Doug's Mountain Getaway Reviews

Muehlwiese 12, Innsbruck, Austria

All the other reviews are right- best place I've stayed in Europe! More of a holiday home than a hostel but that just made for the best atmosphere. Doug, Nate and Lucy are all so helpful and definitely make the place what it is! It is a 30min bus ride out of Innsbruck but Fulpmes is a beautiful little town and there's so much to do and see around the mountain. Would recommend to everyone and will definitely be back!!

Wow! I can't overstate how awesome this hostel is. Well, it's not realllly a hostel. More like a much cleaner version of the house you lived in with all your friends at university. It's a big house with lots of great amenities and cool people. Doug and his staff are very friendly, and the area around the place has lots to do. We would highly recommend the hike to the monastery. At the end of the day you can soak your sore legs in Doug's hot tub. We will be back to Innsbruck, and back to Doug's!

An amazing place, made so by Doug himself and his wonderful staff. This is a special place where everyone is made to feel so welcome and included in all the activities on offer. I went there as an older solo female, and thoroughly enjoyed mixing with the young ones when I wanted, and then doing my own thing also. It is so easy to get to from the train station - the bus is right outside the door of the station and drops you two minutes walk to Doug's.

• 3rd Dec 2014

Doug's Mountain Getaway is amazing! Whether it's summer or winter, there are loads of things to do in Fulmpes or at the house. There's a really nice spa and sauna area at the chalet which is a perfect way to end a day on the slopes. Doug and the fantastic DMG staff will openly welcome you into their family :) I would highly recommend staying here! I will definitely come again myself :)

• 17th Nov 2014

very good Hostel ! the localization is amazing, the most beautiful place that I had been, there are several activities, I really enjoyed it. (obligado :P)

Amazing hostel. Super friendly staff and lots activities nearby.

I read the other reviews and did not believe DMG could be that good, so let me tell you that it is! I am so happy that I chose to end my trip at DMG as I haven't had this much fun at any place during my travels. Off to a hockey game in Italy, lunch at a Monastery then a toboggan ride back down, climbing around on a high ropes course and going paintballing. Doug and Jamie were great hosts as was everyone I met there. Don't think any more and just book your stay!

Hands down the best hostel I have stayed in over the past 5 months and the best week of my whole trip! Endless activities and awesome staff. Cheers guys!

• 7th Oct 2014

This is the best hostel we have stayed at! The hostel was located in the middle of the mountains so there is a great view everywhere. The whole place has such a family vibe. Doug and Jamie were the best hosts you could ask for; they provide so many activities (from white water rafting, water parks and even skiing 11 months of the year). Not only that, but they accompany you with most activities, they are more friends than hosts! We extended our stay within 10min of arriving, as does everyone!

• 26th Sep 2014

I have stayed in many hostels and never bothered to take the time and write a review.. Doug's Mountian Getaway deserves a review. This is not your typical run of the mill hostel.. Beyond the great location and decked out "family style home" (sauna, jacuzzi, kitchen, media room, poker room, etc..) Doug and Jamie go above to make your stay incredible. They will help you plan how to spend your days and may even join you on a climb or hike! Everyone is family as soon as you step foot in DMG!

• 25th Sep 2014

One of the best hostels I have been to! Lovely location with lots of things to do in the surrounding Tirol area, lots to do at the hostel and stayed with some really cool people. I've missed this place since I left!!

DMG is awesome. Great facilities (hot tub, sauna, bar, ping pong table, cinema), amazing staff (Doug and Jamie) and amazing location (about 30 minutes by bus from Innsbruck). Jamie and Doug were great hosts. Set up paragliding for us, hung out with guests and invited me to do things with them. You can be hiking in the Alps within 10 minutes by foot from the front door of DMG. They have a book of possible activities and how to get there. Stay at DMG. You won't regret it.

DMG is awesome! It's such a unique and homey feel. Everyone who stays there feels the same about it, it's warm, welcoming, and inviting. This place, however, is not IN Innsbruck. Which is fine if you're not hoping to see the city, there is PLENTY to do in the mountains and DMG will show you the way to go. For adventure, fun, or even just to relax, this is the place to do it. I'd love to come back and stay with Doug for a winter ski trip!

The best hostel ever!! Dont be put off by it not being in Innsbrook city centre, it is a beautiful location in the alps surrounded by walks to do and awesome activities such as paragliding! Doug is awesome and answered all of my 100 questions without a problem. Also there a hot tub and sauna which is just brilliant.

All I can say is holy sh*t this place is amazing. It is quite literally a dream share-house where you pay a little rent to join the family for a few days. Gym, sauna, spa, table tennis, indoor rock climbing (yes you can rock climb inside the house), fooz ball, poker table, hidden rooms, it's ridiculous. Loved it. The mountains are just out the window so you can walk outside and run/ride/walk to explore. Definitely the coolest place I've ever stayed at in travels.

Wish i could have stayed longer

This is a hostel unlike any other. Its a dream bachelor pad setup with so many extras (hot tub, sauna, table tennis, cheap beer, lounge set up for movies, loads of sports gear, ...)that makes for a great social atmosphere for meeting people and doing fun activities together.The hosts seem to be immersed in the social culture, taking part in and sometimes organizing fun things to do. On the critical side, the place could be more reliably staffed and security was somewhat lacking. Overall,amazing

I have been travelling for 2 months and Dougs place is by far the best hostel. The best atmosphere as i really got to know the host as well as other guests. It is definitely a place for those who love socializing and love the outdoors. Doug is great, we were originally booked for 5 days but emailed him to see if we could come earlier and it was no problem for them!

• 17th Jul 2014

Superb hostel. Was further away from Innsbruck than we were expecting but we didn't care when we realised how fantastic this place and the surrounding area are. Doug is really helpful and gave us some great tips on mountain biking around Fulpmes. The facilities are just as good as they seem online and it's very tempting to spend your entire stay putting them to use! Rooms were very comfortable and spacious, and the included breakfast was excellent.