Doug's Mountain Getaway Reviews

Muehlwiese 12, Innsbruck, Austria

I wish I had more time here, I didn't want to leave. I can not thank Jamie, Monica and Devin more. This is the first 100% that I have ever given to a hostel before, and it is a well deserved 100%. Coolest place, coolest staff, coolest location, and a perfectly beautiful end to my Eurotrip. Whatever extreme sports are available to do that season, they can organize it. Or you can chill out at the house, plenty to do. Felt like I was at my old friends place for a few days. Thank you. Will be back.

Best hostel you will ever go too! Everyone extends their stay because it's so amazing! The people who work there are amazing, the people who go there are amazing and the surrounding places are amazing, you will not regret going here!

Solo travellers, if you like a small hostel with a great atmosphere, don't even think twice, this is the place. I came here with no expectations and it's just perfect. Absolutely tiny so it's more like joining a family, there's no need to secure anything. I got so used to leaving my phone and wallet in common areas unattended and had no doubt anyone would do anything sinister. Staff are top notch. A hot tub and a list of activities nearby that would take a month to complete.

I could write a novel about Doug's Mountain Getaway. It really feels like a home away from home, except better since its in the heart of an alpine valley. I was only supposed to be there 3 nights and I ended up extending my stay 4 times (!) to make it almost 2 weeks. I met so many awesome people and there was just so much to do I couldn't leave. The people running the place are what make DMG special. Nate, Jamie, Monica, and Nugget felt more like family than staff. Truly a magical place.

• 3rd May 2015

This place is pretty great. Or more accurately, really great. And I'd definitely recommend you go if you're sick of backpacking through cities. Staff were amazing, there was soooo much to do and it was impossible not to make friends. And holy cow it's such a beautiful area. Would stay there again without hesitation.

Doug's Mountain Getaway is the coolest place I have ever stayed. It's got a sauna, a hot tub, a hallway laid out for bouldering, a home gym, a great bar with 1.50E beers and shots (and good stuff too), and an awesome staff. It's a super chill place to relax for a while, and its location in the Stubai Valley makes it an excellent place for outdoor adventure. I felt at home the minute I walked in until the minute I left. A hostel to be emulated... and I would work there in a heartbeat. Awesome!

Very helpful staff with plenty of tips for trips around the region. Connection to other places in the region is good.

Excellent and lovely place on stay, it honestly felt like a home away from home. The staff are wonderful, and nugget was such a lovely dog! I would definitely stay here again.

Doug´s Mountain Getaway is a paradise surrounded by beautiful mountains. You will feel at home there and will meet incredible people. There is no better place to stay.

Absolutely the best hostile ever!! We were the only ones there mon-Wed. You can have fun for weeks without even leaving..Old school Nintendo, DVD's, Xbox games, hot tub, sauna, rock band, a million board games! You have to play Zug Um Zug! Or download Ticket To Ride Europe app ;) They have the best dog! Staff is outstanding, they planned our day and it was perfect! Slightly awkward if you arrive when they aren't home, BUT just walk in and don't feel weird, they leave a note somewhere!

Beautiful location in Fulpmes, Austria; right between the Alps. The staff are a great group of guys, very helpful and friendly.

• 6th Mar 2015

If you are anywhere in Europe, no matter the time of year, you should go to Innsbruck JUST to get to DMG. It was hands down my favorite hostel, in one of the prettiest places I've ever been.

Doug is a great guy, helped us whenever needed and even lent us skis!!

All the other reviews are right- best place I've stayed in Europe! More of a holiday home than a hostel but that just made for the best atmosphere. Doug, Nate and Lucy are all so helpful and definitely make the place what it is! It is a 30min bus ride out of Innsbruck but Fulpmes is a beautiful little town and there's so much to do and see around the mountain. Would recommend to everyone and will definitely be back!!

Nice relaxing place in quiet village. House really has a lot activities, games, entertainment, and good fun. Doug and staff are great. They also may organize trips some days. Some nights are quiet while others are a bit party. Rooms and beds are quite basic and lack some privacy but thats part of the atmosphere. Area around hostel quiet, on the route to Stubai glacier but no so close so not exactly a ski hostel although there are some small slopes nearby if there is enough snow...

Wow! I can't overstate how awesome this hostel is. Well, it's not realllly a hostel. More like a much cleaner version of the house you lived in with all your friends at university. It's a big house with lots of great amenities and cool people. Doug and his staff are very friendly, and the area around the place has lots to do. We would highly recommend the hike to the monastery. At the end of the day you can soak your sore legs in Doug's hot tub. We will be back to Innsbruck, and back to Doug's!

An amazing place, made so by Doug himself and his wonderful staff. This is a special place where everyone is made to feel so welcome and included in all the activities on offer. I went there as an older solo female, and thoroughly enjoyed mixing with the young ones when I wanted, and then doing my own thing also. It is so easy to get to from the train station - the bus is right outside the door of the station and drops you two minutes walk to Doug's.

• 3rd Dec 2014