Dougies Backpackers Resort Reviews

111 Davidson Street, Port Douglas, Australia

Nice rooms with lockers, big block of showers/toilets and really good bar and outdoor area. The kitchen isn't very clean, but you get given your own plates, bowls etc so isn't too bad. Location is ok - near the beach and about 20 mins walk to main street. Good overall atmosphere and friendly staff.

First impressions were good. Seemed clean and friendly with a lot going on. Some staff members were unwelcoming and clearly didn't want us there. We were eaten alive by bed bugs so I won't be staying here again.

• 8th May 2014

We absolutely loved Dougies! The staff were friendly and incredibly helpful with organising tours, buses and suggesting things to do. The dorm room, kitchen and bathrooms were the cleanest I've ever seen, and the main area had a really relaxed easy going atmosphere. I really liked the fact that it was not in the middle of town, and the 20 minute walk to the beach and main shopping street was really peaceful and easy. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone :)

View all Port Douglas Hostels