Dougies Backpackers Resort Reviews

111 Davidson Street, Port Douglas, Australia

Dougies was exactly the hostel I was looking for! Staff was so amazing! I initially booked 5 nights but only needed 4 night and refunded my money without hesitation. They give you a box for the fridge which saves money on eating out. There's a bar that has a happy hour everyday with a pool table in the lounge. I am so happy I picked dougies even though it was a little far from the town I didn't mind the 15 min walk. Highly recommended and will most definitely be back!!! :D

The hostel was fine. I liked how everyone got their own dishes. But it was dirty. Ants everywhere. Bathroom. Kitchen. Bedrooms. I thought it might be standard being in a tropical climate but after staying at several other hostels it definitely isn't.

AMAZING air-conditioning in our twin room as well as a fridge (all free)! Great pool and bar, and plenty of toilets and showers. The hostel was about a 10-15 minute walk from the town centre, but they had bikes to hire if you wanted. The staff were helpful on arrival but after that tended to keep to (and party with) themselves; ok if your in a group, hard if travelling alone. Nice hostel, good location would definitely stay again!

Be prepared to have loads of ants everywhere. I even found ants in my pants! The hostel is kind of outdoorsy but has a really great atmosphere with a bar, pool tables, TVs etc. The staff are super helpful and polite. It's a good 20 minute walk to the main strip, but a nice walk at that.

• 6th Jan 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

likes it very much. took the free dougie bus (great thing). very friendly staff, great atmosphere (around christmas, fewer people). recommended!

As far as hostels go, it doesn't get any better than this. Clean, great facilities, staff friendly and helpful, great bar, pool, close to center, great garden. Also, Port Douglas itself is really nice. Highly recommended.

View all Port Douglas Hostels