Dougies Backpackers Resort Reviews

111 Davidson Street, Port Douglas, Australia

The security was good but I found the keys to the lockers opened all of the lockers. I accidently swapped keys with my mate and we both opened our lockers with the wrong key then realized after that we had the wrong key. It was really easy to open.

Nice hostel - very chilled out, everyone was friendly as were the staff. Little bit of a walk to the town but you tend not to go there much anyway ... It's close to the beach. Communal area is really good. Only issue I would have (and it's only small) is that if you're on the bottom bunk you can't sit up cos it's too low so you have to sit on the floor ... But thats really not a big issue.

Great place! Everything is really good. Location is ok, if you don't mind a 15-20 minute walk to the supermarket and the city centre. But I can really recommend this place. Probably the cleanest place I've been to so far. Kitchen is well equipped and clean.

Really great hostel, super clean and the staff were lovely. Would have liked some locks on the cupboards in the room for extra security. The bar and common areas were really nice with a good atmosphere. The lock to our dorms door was a bite dodgy but worked when you tilted the key a certain way. So was slightly annoying when people don't know the key trick and are trying to get in when you're asleep. Would recommend and would certainly go back.

Dougies was exactly the hostel I was looking for! Staff was so amazing! I initially booked 5 nights but only needed 4 night and refunded my money without hesitation. They give you a box for the fridge which saves money on eating out. There's a bar that has a happy hour everyday with a pool table in the lounge. I am so happy I picked dougies even though it was a little far from the town I didn't mind the 15 min walk. Highly recommended and will most definitely be back!!! :D

View all Port Douglas Hostels