Dougies Backpackers Resort Reviews

111 Davidson Street, Port Douglas, Australia

Great location across road from beach staff very helpful grounds spacias with lovely tropical garden setting and lots of seating and hammocks to relax in bathroom very clean

The security was good but I found the keys to the lockers opened all of the lockers. I accidently swapped keys with my mate and we both opened our lockers with the wrong key then realized after that we had the wrong key. It was really easy to open.

Nice hostel - very chilled out, everyone was friendly as were the staff. Little bit of a walk to the town but you tend not to go there much anyway ... It's close to the beach. Communal area is really good. Only issue I would have (and it's only small) is that if you're on the bottom bunk you can't sit up cos it's too low so you have to sit on the floor ... But thats really not a big issue.

Great place! Everything is really good. Location is ok, if you don't mind a 15-20 minute walk to the supermarket and the city centre. But I can really recommend this place. Probably the cleanest place I've been to so far. Kitchen is well equipped and clean.

View all Port Douglas Hostels