Dougies Backpackers Resort Reviews

111 Davidson Street, Port Douglas, Australia

We absolutely loved Dougies! The staff were friendly and incredibly helpful with organising tours, buses and suggesting things to do. The dorm room, kitchen and bathrooms were the cleanest I've ever seen, and the main area had a really relaxed easy going atmosphere. I really liked the fact that it was not in the middle of town, and the 20 minute walk to the beach and main shopping street was really peaceful and easy. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone :)

Thanks for a lovely stay. Staff couldn't have done more to help me plan visits and transport. Fun and friendly place to be, great atmosphere.

• 3rd Feb 2014

i will come back

• 23rd Dec 2013

I really liked the hostel. It was clean, although in the middle of the night a girl knocked on my door that her rental tent was full with cockroaches. But I didn't see any.

This place is so awesome. They have everything you need that you really don't need to go into the town of Port Douglas for. The staff really takes care of you, they have a bar and restaurant, a convenience store, pool, travel desk, big screen TV, and air conditioning in the rooms. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Had a fantastic time! This place has a variety of accomodation, cheap bar with cheap meals available. Great for longing around by the pool in a hammock drinking gin n tonic. Halloween party was awesome, so much effort put in! I do believe that the long termers need to think back to when they arrived and be a little more friendly to newcomers, there is definitely a lack of friendliness compared to other hostels, you never know who you may meet. A pleasure to meet folk like Field and Lucy.

View all Port Douglas Hostels