Dover Castle Hostel and Bar Reviews

6a Great Dover Street, London, England

Nice international atmosphere, very easy to meet new people. Also the hostel pub is very nice and friendly and perfect to meet both the guests of the hostel and normal costumers. the restrooms though were very dirty, bad smell from the showers and no hot water in the third floor.

• 26th Jul 2015

The manager of the hostel, Carina is one of the nicest people I've met, and the owner has quite the sense of humor. So glad I stayed, I would gladly stay again. Very pleased with my choice to stay at this wonderful place.

Cold water no hot water Rudest staff ever

The location of Hostel is very convenient. The breakfast is included but not satisfied with the quality of breakfast. Only included breads and cereals. The fruits supply was also limited. We could not get any since we arrived a bit late. Nobody to attend while breakfast.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • India

Showers were cold, and other guests found the lack of privacy to be uncomfortable (as in left when they saw me in there in my underwear) I didn't mind them, though. The location is awesome. A sunset walk on the Thames to the London Bridge and Tower Bridge is soooo close!

This is a fantastic hostel. The staff are very friendly the dorm room was clean and spacious. I had a great view of the shard from my bed. My stay couldn't have been better thanks to everyone there)

A great location! Everything was very comfortable - an enjoyable stay.

For the money I paid, everything was great. I coulnd't make breakfasts because everyday I left the hostel before 8.00 so maybe if only they started a little bit earlier I would be 100% satisfied. But otherwise the stay was great, no regrets.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

Positive points: Localization And the breackfast that it's ok Negative points The btahroom for shower was dirty and bad smell The staff from reception wasn't friendly and helpfull rhe rooms were warm and bad smell

• 19th Jun 2015

We were very disappointed with this hostel. As we are staying in hostels and we are aware that all wont be amazing, we are also aware that certain needs to be met. The toilet on our floor didnt flush properly, as did on other floors. the showers were never clean and bathrooms were always dirty. The hostel room itself was farley clean but our lock on the main door was broken and when expressed to the front desk reception they didnt fix it until the following day which didnt make us feel safe. etc

• 12th Jun 2015

Nice hostel. No lockers in rooms.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

The beds were poor the room had no ventilation And no air coditioning I will not recommend this to anyone ever.

• 5th Jun 2015

The worst hostel we stayed in during our 15 week trip. We were in the “12 bed dorm” on the 1st floor. On the 2nd night a 13th mattress appeared on the floor of the dorm and our stuff was moved. The bunks were rearranged so close together that my face was 30cms from another man’s feet. He was too tall for his small bunk and kicked me while asleep. We attempted to complain to the manager on the night and were told they would be in the next morning but didn’t show when we checked out.

to be honest, you pay for what you get. as simple as that. Its a average place. cheap, no lockers and nasty bathrooms/showers. Relatively good locatiom, nothing great. the girls in london are not pretty at all, so for tourism its great but not for party.

It is an old building. The doors opening and closing make lots of noise nd you an easily wake up. The matress was horrible. Like from 10 years ago. The staff was great.

• 26th May 2015
  • Portugal

The location is excellent and the staff is really nice!! Be prepared to be really surprised by the shower room ;)

A little loud but really fun vibe. People are always down to chat. Clean enough, smells a bit like teenage boys but is well worth it for the price and the feel of it. Breakfast is included!

Dover is above a great pub. Spent a lot of time drinking there. Didn't bother me with noise on the nights I wasn't drinking . Showers were really hot and couldn't be turned down. Only negative thing to say. Receptionist helpful and had a great knowledge of the city. Would stay again.

The overall stay was good. The only thing that was a bit of a pain was that when you are showering you have to press a button every 10 seconds to continue the water from the faucet. It's about a 30 minute walk from Big Ben, but easy to use the underground and bus system. Staff was friendly, and offer lockers for a charge to put your valuables in since there is no locker for your pack. Pub downstairs is a nice hangout area, and the kitchen was nice!

• 18th May 2015

Not the most amazing location,but the service was good and there was free breakfast!