Dover Castle Hostel and Bar Reviews

6a Great Dover Street, London, England

I did not like low pressure the shower was. It hardly sprayed water, and would shut off after about 45 seconds. Had to go through 10-12 rounds of turning it on and waiting for it to turn off before the water was lukewarm enough to use. The bed was comfy though and the facilities seemed clean. I liked the atmosphere, but if you want a quiet place to sleep, this is not the place. The bar downstairs is very loud. Excellent place to meet people though! I would not stay here again tho bcz the shower

I'd recommend the hostel because it's really close to the metro station (1minute walk), also there is a Tesco nearby and a Starbucks :D Staff was nice and helped us out, you also get a free welcome drink, breakfast and wifi (what else do you need :p). Bathroom is cleaned every day BUT they have only one wc per floor. You also have a bar/pub and kitchen and livingroom where you can hangout. And it's very cheap so I would recommend you to choose this hostel for your stay in London.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Croatia

The location of this hostel is superb, and the value for money is pretty good as well. I stayed in a 6-dorm and had a good enough sleep (not too noisy), though the heater was cranked to the max (even the 2nd day, after I had told staff about this problem). Wifi only in the kitchen or hallway (not in your room). The breakfast is basic and serves its purpose. The only real downside of this hostel are the showers: one locked room w/ 2 showers PER FLOOR, & showers w/ a press button: 10secs of water.

A decent hostel, in a good location. 10 min walk from London bridge. Nice kitchen, when I was there it was clean and tidy. Enjoyed my stay. Recommended.

good location, i liked that there was a kitchen

Nice hostel with good location. Facilities are not on my favourite list but OK. Friendly staff and atmosphere. Has a bar next to it, which is very convenient after a long day of visiting London

It was a good experience. I can make lot of friends in there as they're are all very nice including the staff.

• 20th Jan 2014
  • India

All in all it was a decent place to stay good location. Showers were not too bad. No room to move in the one toilet. Kitchen is so hot when there is a few people cooking, sweating buckets. There is not much room either for a whole hostel worth to cook food. Hate to see what its like it busy time. Not too bad.

the location is perfect but the shower is terrible !

It was a good hostel for what are you paying for, it isn't definitely the best Hostel I've stayed but it was OK, the location was pretty good, because it's literally one block from the Underground, which takes you everywhere in London, but there were no lockers for your personal belongings (except the ones you have to pay for) and by night there was a lot of noise. But the staff was really helpful and nice, amazing people.

시설은 구리지만 직원들은 매우 친절하다. 마음 편하게 지낼 수 있는 곳. 다만 샤워시설이 아쉽고 주방 공간이 좁다. 전체적으로 좋다.

To be honest, this hostel was one of the worst hostel that I've ever been. Even though the staffs are really kind and nice, the cleanliness is horrible. I have to say that shower room on the 3rd floor definitely needs amend. (Please be generous and hang one more curtain between two of shower. Do something on the floor of the shower room! floor is really mess.) But breakfast included and location are still good enough.

Location is really good and staffs were so kind to me! And they offer nice free dinner and drinks. It's definitely nice. The room is a little bit small and shower booth looks old... But It was nice hostel compare to price.

Good for short stay.

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Taiwan

The hostel wasn't too bad, but the security really bothered me. Everything was done by old school key, and I haven't seen that in any of the hostels I've stayed in except this one. The reception was also in the basement, so how would they know if anything was going on? The showers were a bit gross. The staff were fairly helpful, but one was complaining about quitting as she was checking me in (that leaves a great impression right?) Close to the tube though, so location was never a problem.

Great staff, easy to find, so close to the underground, good location! We were very happy to stay here. On returning to London we'd definitely book here again!

• 22nd Nov 2013

Yifi is poor.

The hostel has a good location, and a bar downstairs, a bit hard to sleep with the noise, the bathrooms were dirty, and not always had hot water, once I went there early in the morning and there was no water at all, the bar downstairs was also not good, but good location and price

In the bathroom on 3rd floor there is mold. Generally it is a bad idea that non of the windows can open, all the rooms seems to be in need of some fresh air, especially in the showerrooms.

• 14th Nov 2013