Dover Castle Hostel and Bar Reviews

6a Great Dover Street, London, England

One of the other travellers ruined this experience for me. Staff handled it ok but I felt security was poor because of this.

The good things: Relatively good location and a decent free breakfast. The guy at the reception got almost personally offended when I tried spelling my name and he wasn't very friendly over all. The kitchen/living room is too small and there were only two toilets and showers on our floor. The hostel is situated next to a busy street, sleeping in is impossible. Wasn't my first stay in London so I know it can be done better, book only if you don't wanna spend too much time at your hostel.

Pros: chill atmosphere, nice friendly people + staff, LOCATION IS WORTH ALL THE £s, couple of minutes walk from a Borough tube station, maybe 10 minute walk to the Thames (walkable distance to heaps of attractions). Cons: only one shower on the level (wake up around 6am of you don't wanna wait), top bunk is close to the lights- BRING AN EYEMASK!! Others can be selfish and keep the light on past midnight. Wifi can be tricky to connect to sometimes.

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Wifi doesn't really work. Maybe you should write on your page that you want caution for the free towels.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Slovenia

Marco and Sunny were extremely helpful and friendly. The lock on my room's door was a bit fiddly but the room was nice and clean. Didn't have to pay to borrow things like a adapter or towels, just a deposit to be returned on check out. Would stay again for sure.

Friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were comfortable enough. The shower on our floor had a weird smell to it

Nice international atmosphere, very easy to meet new people. Also the hostel pub is very nice and friendly and perfect to meet both the guests of the hostel and normal costumers. the restrooms though were very dirty, bad smell from the showers and no hot water in the third floor.

• 26th Jul 2015

The manager of the hostel, Carina is one of the nicest people I've met, and the owner has quite the sense of humor. So glad I stayed, I would gladly stay again. Very pleased with my choice to stay at this wonderful place.

Cold water no hot water Rudest staff ever

The location of Hostel is very convenient. The breakfast is included but not satisfied with the quality of breakfast. Only included breads and cereals. The fruits supply was also limited. We could not get any since we arrived a bit late. Nobody to attend while breakfast.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • India

Showers were cold, and other guests found the lack of privacy to be uncomfortable (as in left when they saw me in there in my underwear) I didn't mind them, though. The location is awesome. A sunset walk on the Thames to the London Bridge and Tower Bridge is soooo close!

This is a fantastic hostel. The staff are very friendly the dorm room was clean and spacious. I had a great view of the shard from my bed. My stay couldn't have been better thanks to everyone there)

A great location! Everything was very comfortable - an enjoyable stay.

For the money I paid, everything was great. I coulnd't make breakfasts because everyday I left the hostel before 8.00 so maybe if only they started a little bit earlier I would be 100% satisfied. But otherwise the stay was great, no regrets.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

Positive points: Localization And the breackfast that it's ok Negative points The btahroom for shower was dirty and bad smell The staff from reception wasn't friendly and helpfull rhe rooms were warm and bad smell

• 19th Jun 2015

We were very disappointed with this hostel. As we are staying in hostels and we are aware that all wont be amazing, we are also aware that certain needs to be met. The toilet on our floor didnt flush properly, as did on other floors. the showers were never clean and bathrooms were always dirty. The hostel room itself was farley clean but our lock on the main door was broken and when expressed to the front desk reception they didnt fix it until the following day which didnt make us feel safe. etc

• 12th Jun 2015

Nice hostel. No lockers in rooms.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

The beds were poor the room had no ventilation And no air coditioning I will not recommend this to anyone ever.

• 5th Jun 2015

The worst hostel we stayed in during our 15 week trip. We were in the “12 bed dorm” on the 1st floor. On the 2nd night a 13th mattress appeared on the floor of the dorm and our stuff was moved. The bunks were rearranged so close together that my face was 30cms from another man’s feet. He was too tall for his small bunk and kicked me while asleep. We attempted to complain to the manager on the night and were told they would be in the next morning but didn’t show when we checked out.

to be honest, you pay for what you get. as simple as that. Its a average place. cheap, no lockers and nasty bathrooms/showers. Relatively good locatiom, nothing great. the girls in london are not pretty at all, so for tourism its great but not for party.

« first « Prev 1 2 3