Dover Castle Hostel and Bar Reviews

6a Great Dover Street, London, England

Showers must improve... Actually, I found the showers terrible.

• 15th Oct 2014

Good hostel only for 1 night - unpossible to sleep, sharp springs in mattresses very noisy discoteque in bar at every night.

Great location 2 min walk from metro Chep and have breakfast No elevator reception located underground and stay on 3rd fooor Cann't take my baggage to my room it is too heavy

The ten bed dorm was very stuffy and windows were not able to be opened. Not enough showers.

The showers could be improved, the water is a trickle and not a powerful shower and had to keep pressing the shower after less than a minute which I felt was a little annoying. Also not hot enough, it was luke warm.

• 29th Sep 2014

A good value for an hostel. Good to have a small kitchen to cook and to meet people. The negative part is that there are no lockers in rooms. You have to pay for it and there are not enought of them for everybody. It would be more than necessary to work on it to avoid theft... so MORE LOCKERS FOR FREE.

The staff were great and the best thing about the place. The hostel itself was very old and out dated. The shower facilities were basic, but not clean, the rooms were okay. Paying for lockers is not my favourite thing and the common room atmosphere depends completely on what the last person cooked. So my night it smelled of over cooked cauliflower. Ha! You also need to be physically fit with the stairs.

We were staying at this hostel for 4 days. We were at the 3rd floor, there is no lift, rooms are small and without windows that you can open (in the room is ventilator and small opennings for the air to circulate - but it's minimal). For using lockers you have to pay the deposit. Bathrooms are smelly, and this smell comes through lower end of the door in the room. So you can imagine the atmosphere in the room. The staff was helpful and kind. Breakfast is ok. The hostel has a great location.

poor bathroom facilities, lack of sinks etc. no soap in soap dispenses. student party going on without being told of this when booked.

Idéal pour passer un week-end sur Londres entre amis. Proche des transports en commun ainsi que de la boite de nuit Ministry Of Sound. Le personnel est très agréable et les lieux sont propres. --- It's is the perfect place to stay for a weekend in London. Close to the subway station and the night club Ministry Of Sound. Staff is very pleasant and rooms are clean.

• 19th Sep 2014

The curtains to separate the shower are a bit off.. No privacy in there. Otherwise great location and helpful staff.. Wouldn't be too hard for the females to smile a little though !!!

Location was good. I wouldn't recommend top floor since there isn't a lift. When I book next time I will request 1st or 2nd floor. The 3rd floor was a little warm because it was warm weather that week. Other than that I will be back and recommend it. They have electric codes on outside doors and lots of security cameras throughout so it felt safe. They have lockers to rent to put valuables but I still kept my stuff with me at all times.

• 4th Sep 2014

The room was okay. The shower were cold and had no pressure. If both shower heads were going the same time, the water would just run down the wall. WiFi did not work in our room either.

Awesome place, anywhere that offers 24 hour reception is a gem in my books. The bar is great, staff are friendly and always up for a chat.

By far the worst I've stayed in. Old mouldy building and extremely unpleasant, smelly washrooms. Absurd deposits on room keys and lockers aren't organized well.. Ended up having to walk up and down stairs to get to a locker not on my floor. Will never return.

The rooms were fairly small and cramped (most kept their luggage by their beds, presumably since free lockers are not provided). I stayed during late August and the room was very warm (in the low 80s F). I found it nice that they provided a free breakfast (which, while not great, prevents you from having to prepare/buy one yourself) and a free luggage storage room (although the room is not super secure, so I paid to keep my important items in a locker). Overall, I'd say the hostel is average.

Hi. We stayed there for one night only, it's a great place if you are on a budget, cheap and central. 2min walk from tube station, (zone one). Breakfast included.i would recomend the hostel for short stay.

• 17th Aug 2014

Dover castle is close to london bridge and 20 min walk from waterloo station, staff are nice and the facilities are OK

The place is all right. The decor seems to he old and everything seems to be a bit worn out, but it is a good place to stay for a couple of days.

No hot water , uncomfortable bed, need to walk up many stairs. Clean toilets shower, great location, breakfast in the pub with fresh fruit.

« first « Prev 1 2 3