Dover Castle Hostel and Bar Reviews

6a Great Dover Street, London, England

Nice hostel. No lockers in rooms.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

The beds were poor the room had no ventilation And no air coditioning I will not recommend this to anyone ever.

• 5th Jun 2015

The worst hostel we stayed in during our 15 week trip. We were in the “12 bed dorm” on the 1st floor. On the 2nd night a 13th mattress appeared on the floor of the dorm and our stuff was moved. The bunks were rearranged so close together that my face was 30cms from another man’s feet. He was too tall for his small bunk and kicked me while asleep. We attempted to complain to the manager on the night and were told they would be in the next morning but didn’t show when we checked out.

to be honest, you pay for what you get. as simple as that. Its a average place. cheap, no lockers and nasty bathrooms/showers. Relatively good locatiom, nothing great. the girls in london are not pretty at all, so for tourism its great but not for party.

It is an old building. The doors opening and closing make lots of noise nd you an easily wake up. The matress was horrible. Like from 10 years ago. The staff was great.

• 26th May 2015
  • Portugal

The location is excellent and the staff is really nice!! Be prepared to be really surprised by the shower room ;)

A little loud but really fun vibe. People are always down to chat. Clean enough, smells a bit like teenage boys but is well worth it for the price and the feel of it. Breakfast is included!

Dover is above a great pub. Spent a lot of time drinking there. Didn't bother me with noise on the nights I wasn't drinking . Showers were really hot and couldn't be turned down. Only negative thing to say. Receptionist helpful and had a great knowledge of the city. Would stay again.

The overall stay was good. The only thing that was a bit of a pain was that when you are showering you have to press a button every 10 seconds to continue the water from the faucet. It's about a 30 minute walk from Big Ben, but easy to use the underground and bus system. Staff was friendly, and offer lockers for a charge to put your valuables in since there is no locker for your pack. Pub downstairs is a nice hangout area, and the kitchen was nice!

• 18th May 2015

Not the most amazing location,but the service was good and there was free breakfast!

Good for the price. Bar down stairs is great on student night. Bathrooms were pretty basic but to be expected for the price. Staff were really helpful and always had access to the luggage room.

If it rains its licks at the reception erea and you can go in and out to the luggage room without any security check.

I really liked this hostel. The bathroom facilities left something to be desired, but I wouldn't say it's a reason to avoid the place. Probably the comfiest hostel mattress I've ever had. Tube station a half block away. Around the corner is a little bodega with little snacks, bottles of water, and such. The guy who runs it will cheat you without remorse.

I'm fairly used to pretty dumpy hostels but this was one of the worst. No lockers in rooms. We had to move every morning despite booking all nights together, this meant dragging our backpacks up and down 4 sets of stairs every morning. Wifi didn't work very well or at all in some rooms. One lousy shower on the floor that turns off every thirty seconds. Plug situation was less than desirable. And frankly staff was rude. However price was decent for the area and location was pretty good.

Staff was great! For the price, it was kind of basic, but there was wifi, air conditioning, and free breakfast- so it could have been worse. Nice and close to the metro, but far away from attraction The showers could definitely have been cleaner.

Perfect price, good location and helful staff!

• 6th May 2015
  • Czech Republic

Everything was good. It was super clean. The only bad things are that the toilet is really small, and there is no place to hang your stuff while you are showering. Also the matresses are too old...

• 1st May 2015
  • Mexico

Would definitely recommend this hostel. Stone's throw from Borough Station and very comfortable beds. Selected cheap drinks for guests at £2.70 each in downstairs bar as well as free breakfast in the morning. A steal at £12 a night. If coming to London again I'd look no further.

I wasn't impressed with this hostel. The staff was not friendly or helpful with questions I had. Cleanliness was terrible. My "clean" sheets had stains on them, one appearing to be blood. The bathroom's were about as good as I could have hoped for. On my floor were three rooms and between all of these rooms that had multiple people in them (mine had 12) there was one shower available. The only common room area was the bar, which was open until 02:00 making sleeping difficult. Don't stay here!

The cleaning staff was incredibly rude. I got yelled at for taking a ten minute (not even) shower. It would be easier to shower quickly if I could turn on the water one time and it stays on instead of having to press the button every ten seconds.