Dover Castle Hostel and Bar Reviews

6a Great Dover Street, London, England

The room was okay. The shower were cold and had no pressure. If both shower heads were going the same time, the water would just run down the wall. WiFi did not work in our room either.

Awesome place, anywhere that offers 24 hour reception is a gem in my books. The bar is great, staff are friendly and always up for a chat.

By far the worst I've stayed in. Old mouldy building and extremely unpleasant, smelly washrooms. Absurd deposits on room keys and lockers aren't organized well.. Ended up having to walk up and down stairs to get to a locker not on my floor. Will never return.

The rooms were fairly small and cramped (most kept their luggage by their beds, presumably since free lockers are not provided). I stayed during late August and the room was very warm (in the low 80s F). I found it nice that they provided a free breakfast (which, while not great, prevents you from having to prepare/buy one yourself) and a free luggage storage room (although the room is not super secure, so I paid to keep my important items in a locker). Overall, I'd say the hostel is average.

Hi. We stayed there for one night only, it's a great place if you are on a budget, cheap and central. 2min walk from tube station, (zone one). Breakfast included.i would recomend the hostel for short stay.

• 17th Aug 2014

Dover castle is close to london bridge and 20 min walk from waterloo station, staff are nice and the facilities are OK

The place is all right. The decor seems to he old and everything seems to be a bit worn out, but it is a good place to stay for a couple of days.

No hot water , uncomfortable bed, need to walk up many stairs. Clean toilets shower, great location, breakfast in the pub with fresh fruit.

I stayed just 1 day and I moved another hostel for my personal schedule. After I moved another hostel, I wanted to go back to Dover hostel. I thought their breakfast was just basic but there was an additional fruit which offered each person and "well-equipped kitchen". Remember, London have horrible cost.

It was safe and clean enough for one night, but it was extremely noisy due to the bar downstairs and people outside- maybe better windows would help? And without air-conditioning in the summer, the room became stiflingly hot as soon as the sun came up in the morning.

• 25th Jul 2014