Dover Castle Hostel and Bar Reviews

6a Great Dover Street, London, England

Great location. But, not enough shower booth

Our stay in Dover Castle Hostel was very nice and if I go to London would stay here again. Moreover you got a drink and breakfest for free

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Czech Republic

Room's door was so difficult to close it was never locked. Lockers were not in the room and you had to pay for them. The AC unit (the room was warm), sounded like a helicopter. Breakfast staff was incredibly rude, he basically yelled "breakfast is over, everybody leave now." Bed was unstable, mattress had a dip in it, coils were very protruding. Essentially one shower per floor. Super cramped showers too, worst shower I've used. Kitchen was small and gross. The wifi worked well!

The location is pretty decent and the security is good, however. The guy behind the reception was the rudest person I've ever come across in a hostel. If I wasn't from London I'd have probably hated the city based on his unwillingness to help. Purposely very slow and doing everything. Not impressed. Took a £20.00 key deposit which I thought was stupid, then refused to give it back to me on my debit card and made me take in the cash. Facilities are a joke. Most of the showrs broken. DO NOT STAY.

This hostel was below expectations but I don't have a lot of London hostel experience to compare it to. If you are on the first floor expect to not get much sleep before 2am. The pub is directly below you and plays loud horrible pop music until closing. There are two showers in the whole facility that comes complete with mold on the walls. They also have the push button for the showers so be prepared to press it every 18 seconds. There are very few toilets also some without sinks.

NEEDS REFURBISHMENT AS WATER DRIPPING FROM CEILING! SO NOISY AS ON MAIN ROAD CHOOSE ANOTHER HOSTEL!!!!!!

One of the other travellers ruined this experience for me. Staff handled it ok but I felt security was poor because of this.

The good things: Relatively good location and a decent free breakfast. The guy at the reception got almost personally offended when I tried spelling my name and he wasn't very friendly over all. The kitchen/living room is too small and there were only two toilets and showers on our floor. The hostel is situated next to a busy street, sleeping in is impossible. Wasn't my first stay in London so I know it can be done better, book only if you don't wanna spend too much time at your hostel.

1 2 3 Next » last »