Dover Castle Hostel and Bar Reviews

6a Great Dover Street, London, England

Not enough facilities for how many guests!

Small, dirty, very noisy at night. Otherwise great value and location.

Really enjoyed my stay at the Castle! Never used the tube before but it was always easy to get to and from. Rooms were clean and the staff were helpful. No complaints to be honest!

The bar downstairs is an easy and friendly place to go for a drink in the evenings, super handy!

Pros: location, price, amenities (free breakfast, towels, power adapters...) Cons: staff, cleanliness/smell, noise, lack of lockers

• 6th May 2014

Good wifi and breakfast One shower room each floor No lift

Good Value on money. Shower wasn't so good and lockers were too small. Though there were room for backpacks.. Nice staff.

The shower was a little odd, it's definitely not suited to have two people that aren't comfortable together, together. However it was a nice touch to have a small bathroom, a larger one with a sink, AND a shower area. I wish that the showers were not on a timer so to speak. You push in and only get about 10-15 seconds of water, although I obviously understand the reasoning. I would suggest looking into the ability to increase the time that the water comes out.

The guy at the reception was very lazy, when we arrived to check in, they told us to wait for half an hour because he wanted to take a break. The rest of the staff was very good.

• 28th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Music in the pub downstairs was blaring until about 3 am most nights - making it difficult to sleep. Poor bathroom facilities. Not enough toilets/showers/sinks for the amount of people on your floor (1 toliet, 1 sink, 2 showers for approx 20 people). Comfortable beds. Wouldn't recommend this hostel.

That was amazing experience and I can recommend both London and the hostel. Location is excellent, you can reach many sights like Globe, tower of london, tower and london bridge, HMS Belfast in few minutes by walk! Staff is very friendly and helpful anytime you come. I hope I'll visit London again and I'll definitely stay in the hostel again:)

I did not like low pressure the shower was. It hardly sprayed water, and would shut off after about 45 seconds. Had to go through 10-12 rounds of turning it on and waiting for it to turn off before the water was lukewarm enough to use. The bed was comfy though and the facilities seemed clean. I liked the atmosphere, but if you want a quiet place to sleep, this is not the place. The bar downstairs is very loud. Excellent place to meet people though! I would not stay here again tho bcz the shower

I'd recommend the hostel because it's really close to the metro station (1minute walk), also there is a Tesco nearby and a Starbucks :D Staff was nice and helped us out, you also get a free welcome drink, breakfast and wifi (what else do you need :p). Bathroom is cleaned every day BUT they have only one wc per floor. You also have a bar/pub and kitchen and livingroom where you can hangout. And it's very cheap so I would recommend you to choose this hostel for your stay in London.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Croatia

The location of this hostel is superb, and the value for money is pretty good as well. I stayed in a 6-dorm and had a good enough sleep (not too noisy), though the heater was cranked to the max (even the 2nd day, after I had told staff about this problem). Wifi only in the kitchen or hallway (not in your room). The breakfast is basic and serves its purpose. The only real downside of this hostel are the showers: one locked room w/ 2 showers PER FLOOR, & showers w/ a press button: 10secs of water.

A decent hostel, in a good location. 10 min walk from London bridge. Nice kitchen, when I was there it was clean and tidy. Enjoyed my stay. Recommended.

good location, i liked that there was a kitchen

Nice hostel with good location. Facilities are not on my favourite list but OK. Friendly staff and atmosphere. Has a bar next to it, which is very convenient after a long day of visiting London

It was a good experience. I can make lot of friends in there as they're are all very nice including the staff.

• 20th Jan 2014
  • India

All in all it was a decent place to stay good location. Showers were not too bad. No room to move in the one toilet. Kitchen is so hot when there is a few people cooking, sweating buckets. There is not much room either for a whole hostel worth to cook food. Hate to see what its like it busy time. Not too bad.

the location is perfect but the shower is terrible !