Dover Castle Hostel and Bar Reviews

6a Great Dover Street, London, England

We had to sleep on a extra bed at the first night because they forgot our reservation. An iPhone got stolen in our dorm. the hostel bar is very good.. it's the best bar around.

it was great, they gave to me a ticket for a free drink on the bar, it's really near from the principal points of interes, the only bad point it's, you must make a deposit for 20 pounds for the key.

Location is very good, but it is not top hostel in London. Biggist minus is low number of toilets and bathrooms per floor.

when I came back to hostel, suddenly I found out my bed was gone. Later I heard that someone moved my bed to another room.. wtf?

Unfortunately at our first night someone was sleeping in our beds, when we got to the room so i guess the hostel was overbooked. But it was not problem to get moved to another (better) room. The hostel is allright for just staying the night. But one bathroom for the whole foor is just not enough and you couldnt open the windows on our floor, so it got very humid in there.

• 14th Jun 2013

Nice staff, amazing location. Very good for the money.

• 12th Jun 2013
  • Spain

Needs additional shower facilities, as 3 showers for the one hostel are not enough. No real complaints about the rest of the place though.

I pay such a low price and get a confortable bed, free delicious breakfast (milk, toast, orange juice, cereal and so on) and even a free welcome soda. The most important point is the hostel people are really helpful and kind. They even help me carrying luggage, so heartwarming!

• 9th Jun 2013
  • Taiwan

Extremely loud, fights breaking out in rooms and the staff did nothing. I actually called three hostels in the middle of the night to get out, there was clothing from one end of the room to another as there was a group of people living in that room. Very very messy,

Really enjoyed meeting people at the hostel. Wish there was more space to chill out and it would be cool if the staff engaged with the guests more and organized going out at night. It was also annoying to have to wait for the shower (happened most days I was there).

A lot of noise at the night. No safety place in the badroom for our things. In another hostels its very common has it. In general durty, specially dishes. No place to wash hands in the bathroom. We need to went to another bath and it was uncool.

• 6th Jun 2013

Great character; great staff; great value. Lockers were cheap and accessible multiple times (rather than 1-time pay and use). A generally positive vibe everywhere and I would definitely come back.

If you are in the first floor you wont be able to sleep until 3am. because of the bar downstairs

Good place in a quiet area in London, the underground is 50mt far and it allows to reach all areas in London. It has a good price/quality ratio: suggested! :) There is a funny pub linked to the hostel and the breakfast in the pub is very good and funny. Two minor defects: - small number of electric plugs in the room - only one bathroom per level (but it was always free...)

The staff at the reception is very very helpful and nice!

Everything you need to give a deposit, for a platte, for an adapter besides it the location is good.

None of the outlets worked in our room and the bar downstairs is VERY loud at night, especially if you're sleeping on the first floor. Bathroom set up is really weird (shower & sink in one room, toilet in another - so if you used the washroom and want to clean your hands you can't if someone's in the shower). Staff replaced a towel of mine that got thrown out/stolen (?) and the more regular residents were pretty nice. Bar downstairs has great pizza. Very very secure and close to a tube station.

For an establishment existing in the 21st century, I must say that the lack of electrical outlets was abhorrent. For a 10 bed room, we only had two outlets. For those who want to get any sleep before 2 am, stay at a different hostel. The Dover bar was right underneath, and the sound level was unacceptable. Basically a chill place if you wanna party all night, but if you want to actually see the city and then SLEEP at night, don't stay here.

Could be a little cleaner, especially the toilets/showers. Appart from that, everything was cool.

Simple hostel in quite good location, close to Tate Modern, London Bridge and Tower Bridge. Very close to the tube. Good simple breakfast (toasts, butter, jam, müssli, tea).