Dover Castle Hostel and Bar Reviews

6a Great Dover Street, London, England

Yifi is poor.

The hostel has a good location, and a bar downstairs, a bit hard to sleep with the noise, the bathrooms were dirty, and not always had hot water, once I went there early in the morning and there was no water at all, the bar downstairs was also not good, but good location and price

In the bathroom on 3rd floor there is mold. Generally it is a bad idea that non of the windows can open, all the rooms seems to be in need of some fresh air, especially in the showerrooms.

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Denmark

hostel was kept clean and is in a great location. bar on ground floor seemed to be busy every night. luckily i was on top floor. however was kept awake one of the nights by a member of staff who was staying in the room with a girl and thought it ok to talk in the dorm at 04:30 am on a wednesday. no thank you i would expect better behaviour from someone who works at the hostel. there is a common area/kitchen to talk to people

It was a nice place, but the hostel is on top of a pub, so don't expect to get much sleep!

It's a hostel above a bar, so you just know it can be noisy at night. Just bring ear plugs and your fine. Kitchen was excellent, staff was nice. Really good location. I felt safe staying there even though I was a woman on my own. Only negative thing: not enough showers for every one.

• 20th Sep 2013

Was far to noisy to get any sleep in. The music downstairs was blaring out until 3am and loud noises until 5am. This was on a Tuesday.

The hostel is very good.Don't expect a 5-stars-hotel, it's very simple.But rooms and toilets were cleaned every day, the position is excellent(5 minutes walking from the London bridge,30seconds walking to the subway),there are supermarkets and nice gardens in the neighbourhood and there is a free all-you-can-eat breakfast(although very simple).We had free luggage storage and free hair-drier,free maps,free drinks in pub.I'd recommend the hostel!(especially for young travellers :) )

The mattresses and pillows are terrible.

Outstanding value for money. Lovely staff and guests. Nice to meet u Stephen and dibs x

rooms are pretty small, but you dont go travel to stay in rooms anyway so its bearable. Its clean, you can get plug converter , wash your clothes, has decent kitchen, and there is pub on ground floor with cheeper drinks for people from hostel what is allways nice :] overall fairly good hostel

Pub downstairs heaps of fun

• 20th Aug 2013

A great hostel with nice and really friendly staff. Also the rooms are very clean with big windows. I really enjoyed my stay there!

• 19th Aug 2013

the bar was below my room, so it was a little noisy during the night.

it's okay for one or two nights, but not the nicest place to stay. It felt very crowded and not too safe or comfortable for travelling alone. There are too many signs all over the place (what to do, what not to do etc.) All of that could've just been explained at arrival (or on one single sign for that matter). Also having to leave my ID there to get the key for the room is not cool. Travelling in another country I like to keep that with me.

Everyone that I talked to and myself had to change rooms at least once during their stay. That was pretty ridiculous. There was often lines for bathrooms and showers. The wifi only works in the bar area. My next time in London ill stay somewhere else.

Third time staying at this place. Always good value and will probably stay again if I'm stuck in expensive London.

Overall it was good for a hostel. It's an older place. It could use some air conditioning or fans. It was extremely hot. I didn't like that we paid for a certain number of people in a room and they added mattresses for more. Should have paid less for the 12 person seeing as that many were in there anyways. We were three people my husband and myself and our 15 year old daughter. At no time did we ever feel uncomfortable or unsafe.

• 4th Jul 2013

DC was a really solid hostel for a reasonable price. The facilities are clean and well cared for. The stairs are really hard with a suitcase and having to take it all the way down to reception when we had to switch rooms during our stay was really annoying. I feel like there could be an easier way to do that. Otherwise, I have no complaints and everything was great. Staff were friendly and helpful, other guests were courteous. It was really good.

The main problem is the air in the rooms. If that would be remedied, and some smell on the hallways, the hostel is a great value for money option, with a great location, near the northern subway line.

• 1st Jul 2013