Dover Castle Hostel and Bar Reviews

6a Great Dover Street, London, England

Location was good. I wouldn't recommend top floor since there isn't a lift. When I book next time I will request 1st or 2nd floor. The 3rd floor was a little warm because it was warm weather that week. Other than that I will be back and recommend it. They have electric codes on outside doors and lots of security cameras throughout so it felt safe. They have lockers to rent to put valuables but I still kept my stuff with me at all times.

• 4th Sep 2014

The room was okay. The shower were cold and had no pressure. If both shower heads were going the same time, the water would just run down the wall. WiFi did not work in our room either.

Awesome place, anywhere that offers 24 hour reception is a gem in my books. The bar is great, staff are friendly and always up for a chat.

By far the worst I've stayed in. Old mouldy building and extremely unpleasant, smelly washrooms. Absurd deposits on room keys and lockers aren't organized well.. Ended up having to walk up and down stairs to get to a locker not on my floor. Will never return.

The rooms were fairly small and cramped (most kept their luggage by their beds, presumably since free lockers are not provided). I stayed during late August and the room was very warm (in the low 80s F). I found it nice that they provided a free breakfast (which, while not great, prevents you from having to prepare/buy one yourself) and a free luggage storage room (although the room is not super secure, so I paid to keep my important items in a locker). Overall, I'd say the hostel is average.

Hi. We stayed there for one night only, it's a great place if you are on a budget, cheap and central. 2min walk from tube station, (zone one). Breakfast included.i would recomend the hostel for short stay.

• 17th Aug 2014

Dover castle is close to london bridge and 20 min walk from waterloo station, staff are nice and the facilities are OK

No hot water , uncomfortable bed, need to walk up many stairs. Clean toilets shower, great location, breakfast in the pub with fresh fruit.

I stayed just 1 day and I moved another hostel for my personal schedule. After I moved another hostel, I wanted to go back to Dover hostel. I thought their breakfast was just basic but there was an additional fruit which offered each person and "well-equipped kitchen". Remember, London have horrible cost.

It was safe and clean enough for one night, but it was extremely noisy due to the bar downstairs and people outside- maybe better windows would help? And without air-conditioning in the summer, the room became stiflingly hot as soon as the sun came up in the morning.

• 25th Jul 2014

Bad metall springs into sleeping mats, my back is ill, need to visit a doctor after 5 nights on it

Stayed only one night but was very pleased with the hostel. The location is down the street from the Borough tube station. The man who was working the front desk was very friendly and helpful. I stayed in a 12 bed mixed dorm. The bedding was clean and the mattresses were more comfortable than I expected. The showers were clean and ran hot water. Free wifi, breakfast, and lockers were included. You could also borrow a power converter for free with a 5 pound deposit. Would definitely book again.

Wanted to stay at the Dover but the computers messed up and booked our room to someone else. They sent us to a sister hostel, it wasn't very good at the cricketer but the manager was awesome and took some money off of the total and bought my buddy and I a beer so it worked out. Great bar and great atmosphere.

The hostel is with in walking distance of many sightseeing attractions!

Loved it. A little more help from one of the staff members would have been perfect.

良かった点:立地。駅に1分、ロンドン橋に10分はかなり好立地。雰囲気も楽し気で○。 悪かった点: 2段ベッドの上の段を割り当てられたが、梯子が欠けてて小柄な私には上り下りが不便だった。 また、下の段の枕が梯子側にあり、下の人が寝ている時は気を使う。 鍵はしっかりしていたが、ロッカー等が室内になかったので室内の盗難が不安だった。 ホステル全体でWifiの電波状態が悪い。部屋で使えないのはまだいいが、受付でも時々つながらなかった。 部屋でWifi使えないので、受付まで降りてくるも、受付には椅子がほとんどない。 ソファとか、もっとホステル内に落ち着ける場所が欲しかった。 水関係の設備はお世辞にもいいとは言えなかった。 結構な頻度で流れないトイレがあった。 シャワーの水勢は常に弱く、階によっては冷水しか出なかったらしい。 シャワーは二人分のブースがあるのに、鍵のため実質一人しか使えない。

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Japan

The hostel is in a great location, just a few steps from the tube. Overall, it's a great value for money, just keep your expectations in check - it's a budget hostel and you get what you pay for. There was one issue which ruined the experience for me though - although the staff in general is extremly helpful, smiling and polite, there was one staff member (Tonderai was his name I believe) who was downright rude and condescending to me, giving an impression that he was forced to be there.

Stayed here for one night during a layover. While the location is good and it was surprisingly quiet given all the World Cup partying going on downstairs, the facilities aren't great in terms of the shower. As others have mentioned, there are only curtains separating the two showers in one room, so unless you're showering at the same time as your close friend, it is likely that people are only showering one at a time (and locking the door while they are).

Hostel w dobrej cenie i bardzo dobrej lokalizacji (zaraz przy stacji metra i około 15 minut pieszo od Tower London). Pokoje wygodne i czyste (czysta, świeża pościel). Łazienka mało nowoczesna ale czysta i jak najbardziej spełnia swoją funkcję. W pokojach brak lokerów, co może stanowić minus (lokery do wynajęcia za dodatkową opłatą przy recepcji lub na korytarzu). W hostelu na parterze jest klimatyczny bar, więc w razie potrzeby można w nim miło spędzić czas w dobrym towarzystwie.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Poland

Great location within zone 1 of the Tube, with a quick 5 minute walk to the Borough market, the London Bridge, etc. Breakfast was sufficient, bed seemed clean. My only criticism was the bathrooms: there were 2 showers per floor, but with ~30 people on a floor, there was usually a wait. Also, the toilets were pretty weak and tended to get clogged, but the staff was responsive.

« first « Prev 1 2 3