Dover Castle Hostel and Bar Reviews

6a Great Dover Street, London, England

One of the other travellers ruined this experience for me. Staff handled it ok but I felt security was poor because of this.

The good things: Relatively good location and a decent free breakfast. The guy at the reception got almost personally offended when I tried spelling my name and he wasn't very friendly over all. The kitchen/living room is too small and there were only two toilets and showers on our floor. The hostel is situated next to a busy street, sleeping in is impossible. Wasn't my first stay in London so I know it can be done better, book only if you don't wanna spend too much time at your hostel.

The price/value was perfect. This is a good hostel for that. The hostel is good located just a view minutes from the London bridge. The stuff was friendly and I felt welcomed. The shower was a bit dirty, but there were people before me, so yeah...

Wifi doesn't really work. Maybe you should write on your page that you want caution for the free towels.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Slovenia

Marco and Sunny were extremely helpful and friendly. The lock on my room's door was a bit fiddly but the room was nice and clean. Didn't have to pay to borrow things like a adapter or towels, just a deposit to be returned on check out. Would stay again for sure.

Nice international atmosphere, very easy to meet new people. Also the hostel pub is very nice and friendly and perfect to meet both the guests of the hostel and normal costumers. the restrooms though were very dirty, bad smell from the showers and no hot water in the third floor.

• 26th Jul 2015

The manager of the hostel, Carina is one of the nicest people I've met, and the owner has quite the sense of humor. So glad I stayed, I would gladly stay again. Very pleased with my choice to stay at this wonderful place.

Les douches, qui n'ont que de l'eau froide (!!!), sont assez sales avec du moisi. Si les douches sont très inconfortables, ce n'est pas du tout le cas pour les toilettes, assez propres avec une grande fenêtre (qui empêche les mauvaises odeurs de rester je suppose)

• 22nd Jul 2015

Muito boa! Banheiro comunitário para todos os quartos, mas fora isso está ótimo

Bom... apesar de não ser muito limpo e um pouco quente mesmo tendo ventiladores. Atendimento , cozinha e ambiente em comum ok.

• 16th Jul 2015

Cold water no hot water Rudest staff ever

The location of Hostel is very convenient. The breakfast is included but not satisfied with the quality of breakfast. Only included breads and cereals. The fruits supply was also limited. We could not get any since we arrived a bit late. Nobody to attend while breakfast.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • India

Showers were cold, and other guests found the lack of privacy to be uncomfortable (as in left when they saw me in there in my underwear) I didn't mind them, though. The location is awesome. A sunset walk on the Thames to the London Bridge and Tower Bridge is soooo close!

Gute Lage, im Sommer viel zu heiss in den Zimmern (Fenster können nicht geöffnet werden, nur mit kleinen Ventilatoren belüftet), nicht sehr sauber. Keine Locker vorhanden

This is a fantastic hostel. The staff are very friendly the dorm room was clean and spacious. I had a great view of the shard from my bed. My stay couldn't have been better thanks to everyone there)

Facil de llegar en metro y económico para dormirse una noche, se puede usar la cocina pero los baños son pocos y se podría tener mejor limpieza

A great location! Everything was very comfortable - an enjoyable stay.

Un sitio genial, repetiríamos sin duda :)

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Spain

For the money I paid, everything was great. I coulnd't make breakfasts because everyday I left the hostel before 8.00 so maybe if only they started a little bit earlier I would be 100% satisfied. But otherwise the stay was great, no regrets.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

Positive points: Localization And the breackfast that it's ok Negative points The btahroom for shower was dirty and bad smell The staff from reception wasn't friendly and helpfull rhe rooms were warm and bad smell

• 19th Jun 2015