Down Under Hostel

Fabulous 694 Total Reviews

• England, Couple, 18-24
5th Jul 2017
6.6

The bits that have been refurbed are pretty nice but the rest is really old and unclean. Our room had a very weird smell. There's a lot of long termers working there so there's a bit of an unfriendly cliquey vibe.

• England, Female, 25-30
22nd Jun 2017
6.6

Kitchen was pretty good, no washing up left at all! I enjoyed my stay here but expected the rooms amd especially toilets to be much cleaner. Lots of hostel activities but staff were better in other hostels ive stayed in. I would stay here again

• England, Male, 18-24
20th Jun 2017
6.3

No storage space and no lockers for your valuables, worrying when rooms don't have keys, the front door was unlocked all night and random people slept on the sofa's in the common room, I dont know if they were actually staying at the hostel. Location is great, easy to get to. Staff and atmosphere seemed very cliquey. On arrival I had to wait for them to finish smoking outside before they checked me in, I seemed like an inconvenience to them. Free wifi and washing is good though.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. All room doors have pin code entry (keyless) so is very safe and secure. We are also working on installing lockers soon for extra security. We do however have cctv throughout the common areas of the entire hostel. The front door lock is also pin code entry and is always closed. Unless you were standing at the door all night I'm not sure how you can say it was unlocked all night as its self closing. I can assure you we appreciate all of our guests so I don't think anyone intentionally left you waiting in the reception. However like any business there is always room for improvement. Thanks again and happy travels :)

• England, Female, 18-24
19th Jun 2017

Such good value for money! Free wifi works really well and laundry is free which was a huge bonus! Good location

• England, Couple, 18-24
15th Jun 2017

Common areas were great! Really social and good facilities like free use of washing machines. Only issue was, we had a private room and it smelt horrible. The room was a bit damp. But they're currently renovating the place so I would imagine they fix a lot of this. Other than that it's well worth the money.

• USMJ93
  • USA, Male, 18-24
10th Jun 2017

Stayed at this hostel last year and I was shocked to see how much they have improved it. To be honest I thought it was pretty nice back then but now its way better. The (BYO) party room is very cool. They had a DJ playing on Saturday night which made a nice vibe. Wasn't out of control though which was nice. Can also chill in the lounge on the other side of the hostel if you don't want to party. For all the free things you get this hostel is definitely value for money !!

• Canada, Male, 18-24
10th Jun 2017

From my experience in Australia this is one of the better hostels I've stayed at. The facilities are all new (except the upstairs toilets) however it looks like they are in the process of making these new. Its a very comfortable hostel. More like a massive share house. They organise events nightly and there are many other things to enjoy like the PS4, Foxtel, Free wifi and free pool table. Being Canadian I was happy to see Beer Pong! Although I lost :( and to top it off the laundry is free also!

• England, Female, 18-24
7th Jun 2017

Hostel is in a great location right next to the greyhound bus stop, there's something on every night and the staff are really friendly! The hostel needs more showers for the amount of people and a cleaner kitchen with lids for the bins (flys every where!) otherwise it was a good hostel!

• Cool_Raoul
  • France, Male, 18-24
5th Jun 2017

Best party hostel on the Gold Coast !!!

• Milne_96
  • Scotland, Female, 18-24
3rd Jun 2017

My friend and I stayed here and absolutely loved it. Clean comfy hostel with pretty much everything for free and great location. Next door to the bus stop and very close to the beach and bars. We went on the Big Night Out pub crawl and had a blast (seriously drunk). If you like to party you should do this one of the nights. The hostel organises events every night so you will definitely have a good time. Im sure we will stop here again on our way back from Cairns. Bye for now.

Hey, thanks heaps for the feedback. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. More then welcome to come back any time. Happy Travels :)