Down Under Hostel

Fabulous 676 Total Reviews

• USMJ93
  • USA, Male, 18-24
10th Jun 2017

Stayed at this hostel last year and I was shocked to see how much they have improved it. To be honest I thought it was pretty nice back then but now its way better. The (BYO) party room is very cool. They had a DJ playing on Saturday night which made a nice vibe. Wasn't out of control though which was nice. Can also chill in the lounge on the other side of the hostel if you don't want to party. For all the free things you get this hostel is definitely value for money !!

• Canada, Male, 18-24
10th Jun 2017

From my experience in Australia this is one of the better hostels I've stayed at. The facilities are all new (except the upstairs toilets) however it looks like they are in the process of making these new. Its a very comfortable hostel. More like a massive share house. They organise events nightly and there are many other things to enjoy like the PS4, Foxtel, Free wifi and free pool table. Being Canadian I was happy to see Beer Pong! Although I lost :( and to top it off the laundry is free also!

• England, Female, 18-24
7th Jun 2017

Hostel is in a great location right next to the greyhound bus stop, there's something on every night and the staff are really friendly! The hostel needs more showers for the amount of people and a cleaner kitchen with lids for the bins (flys every where!) otherwise it was a good hostel!

• Cool_Raoul
  • France, Male, 18-24
5th Jun 2017

Best party hostel on the Gold Coast !!!

• Milne_96
  • Scotland, Female, 18-24
3rd Jun 2017

My friend and I stayed here and absolutely loved it. Clean comfy hostel with pretty much everything for free and great location. Next door to the bus stop and very close to the beach and bars. We went on the Big Night Out pub crawl and had a blast (seriously drunk). If you like to party you should do this one of the nights. The hostel organises events every night so you will definitely have a good time. Im sure we will stop here again on our way back from Cairns. Bye for now.

Hey, thanks heaps for the feedback. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. More then welcome to come back any time. Happy Travels :)

• BonnieA
  • Scotland, Female, 18-24
3rd Jun 2017

I highly recommend staying at this hostel. Compared to the hostels I've stayed at recently this one has been a very nice change. Very comfortable, friendly people, great facilities. I was in shock when they said free laundry as I was paying up to $10 at other hostels for washing, drying and powder so this was a great savings. I would stay here again just for this haha and the free wifi.. apart from that the hostel it self is very nice and in probably the best location. Stay here!!

• England, Female, 18-24
27th May 2017
4.9

Overall the hostel is okay. The location is pretty good and they have a good games room area which is very social. However the dorms have no lockers and staff just randomly come in and out of your room. I came back a few times where I'd left my towel to dry and a member of staff had been in and knocked it on the floor so it was still wet. Some ofthe staff are really grumpy And the rooms upstairs are right next to the common room where the TV is blasting all night making it noisey all the time!

Although we find your review to be completely unfair we appreciate your feedback. We do offer very good facilities and it is a very social hostel as you have said so if you could please correct this in your review score that would be great. We will talk to the staff about correct way to enter a room. All the best.

• Sweden, Female, 18-24
23rd May 2017

Best hostel ever :) DJ twice a week, Free BBQ, Free Laundry, Free Wifi and very good facilities. Thanks Down Under :)

Thanks heaps. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Happy Travels.

• SwissMia
  • Switzerland, Female, 18-24
23rd May 2017

Super nice hostel. One of my favourite so far. My bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The hostel has some very good facilities with free laundry and free (fast) wifi. On Wednesday and Saturday they make a free bbq for everyone. This was a nice touch. You must go on one of the pub crawls. Was a lot of fun. This is also on Wednesday and Saturday nights. I high recommend staying here.

Thanks heaps. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Happy Travels.

• South Korea, Couple, 41+
  • Globetrotter
22nd May 2017
6.6

All of is fine... but long stayer is terrible.. make crazy noisy in the room. Should be better to think of people... dome is not only yours....