Down Under Hostel

Fabulous 501 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 25-30
24th Mar 2017
3.1

The facility itself was okay. Good rec room and kitchen. However, the bald creepy guy/manager went into the room while my friends were changing, went through their baggage, mocked them, and then took their alcohol. That was ridiculous. Second of all, the lady at the check in area did not know how to speak english and was not able to answer my questions nor give me a receipt. They definitely need to list some more things on their website that were not said. The $20 deposit was not mentioned.

• Australia, Male, 41+
23rd Mar 2017
6.0

Great location & good potential for this to be an excellent hostel. Glad to see they are undergoing renovations in the bathrooms, it seriously needed them. I hope they also rennovate the bedrooms (mine was showing age). My room had rubbish left in the bin and was badly in need dusting, so not well prepared between guests. In addition, the mattress was old & the windows could not be opened. The walls are super thin & the parties (which are excellent) can go long into the night.

• JulianKilian
  • Germany, Male, 18-24
21st Mar 2017

Just a very good hostel. Had an awesome stay there. The free laundry and wifi is just perfect. Bedrooms have a nice air con and bathroom downstairs looks amazing. Just the toilets aren't that good and are in process of renovating. In summarise it's just a very good hostel for a fair price!

• ShaunyC
  • Canada, Male, 31-40
19th Mar 2017

My brother and i stayed here one night and had an amazing time. We mostly stayed in the bar as the drinks were cheap and the bar was pretty nice for a hostel bar. Played a game of beer pong which was crazy but fun. Nick on the bar made some good cocktails too. Worth checking this place out.

• PConny
  • Canada, Male, 31-40
19th Mar 2017

I only spent one night at this hostel as I was flying out of Australia the next day but I had the best night ever. Very sore head the next day but was worth it. Cool bar and guests. If you like to party stop here for sure.

• Italy, Female, 31-40
19th Mar 2017

Stayed here with my boyfriend on the lower level. Room was decent. Double mattress was comfortable. Showers were very nice. They're working on the toilets and another laundry which look like they will be very nice also. The wifi was free and fast and i definitely took advantage of the free laundry. Over all I had a nice time. For the price to its definitely worth the stay.

• USA, Male, 31-40
19th Mar 2017

cool hostel with a great vibe and super friendly people. Step outside and your pretty much in the city centre so couldn't find a better location.

• SmithyUK
  • England, Male, 25-30
14th Mar 2017

Very cool hostel !! The staff were friendly and helpful !! I stayed here once before and the place is improving each time. It has nice facilities, cool bar, free wifi & free laundry. Its also a very short walk to the bars, beach and bus stop. I'd already pre-booked accom in Byron as meeting friends there otherwise I would have stayed longer but I know i'll be back.

• OWCanada
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
14th Mar 2017

Ive heard a lot about this hostel on my travels and I was almost not going to stay there as I've heard its a party hostel however i'm so glad I did. The party and the hostel itself was well organised. My room was comfortable and the facilities were nice. I was happy to see free wifi and free laundry. This is a big plus as it can get quite expensive to do laundry at other hostels. If you do go to Surfers Paradise you have to stay at Down Under Hostels.

• ENoah
  • USA, Female, 25-30
14th Mar 2017

I had some friends stay here last year who really enjoyed it so I thought i'd check it out for myself and I was ver happy I did. I stayed for 2 weeks and met some amazing people. So much is for free and the location is really good. Very short walk to the shops and beach. This is a very good hostel and the staff were really helpful. Bye for now!