DownTown Hostel Lisbon Reviews

Rua 1� Dezembro no 33, Lisbon, Portugal

Rated everything on average because Im not able to rate this hostel since the hostel was overbooked and we were moved into another guesthouse. location of the alternative was good, conditions were the same.

We really enjoyed our time at Down Town Hostel Lisbon

• 1st Aug 2013

Very clean room( and bathroom) and great location right in the heart of Rossio. The staff was very nice as well. Only downside to staying here is that they didn't really have a set up to meet other travelers as I have read about other Hostels. I stayed in a private room as well. I did not see any lockers as I thought I had read in the description of the Hostel although I could be wrong.

• 4th Jun 2013

-Security: There's nothing stopping people walking in off the street, they just won't get into the rooms. -Staff: We paid at 11am and were waiting on €5.09 change until nearly 12 hours later. It was only because we asked for it that we got our change back! -Layout: The kitchen has a desk at the side of it, which is the reception - no dividing wall, no door! So we didn't use the kitchen facilities. The rooms were also right next to this. The whole thing was cramped. The terrace is on 4th flr!

• 25th Oct 2012

Really great! Right in the middle of the city, clean, friendly and nice.

Quiet, clean and very pleasant hotel! 3 min from the Rossio station, 15 min from Cais do Sodre station and about 30 min from the airport. Close from the shops. There is a supermarket in the street. Pleasant stay!

It was a little bad to be in the fourth floor in a room without air-conditioning and just a little window while it was very very hot in Lisbon. Also there was no elevator for the baggage, but the staff helped to go upstairs.

not much of an atmosphere and not great for information

This is a clean, well-located, and affordable hostel. Nothing special but if you don't spend much time in the room, who cares? It does not have air conditioning so we were quite hot at night but at least there was a fan. We were told that check-in was at 12:30pm but when we arrived, the room was not ready. We waited 1.5 hours which was frustrating. Otherwise, our stay was fine and the location was perfect for us.

I booked room of ensuite. But,toilet and shower room was co-used by 2 rooms. It should be informed in advance.

Great and clean hostel, close to all the things you need (food, public transport, taxi, sights...). Very helpful and kind staff.

Do you know why Europe's economy is going down? Cause Europeans don't like to work! Foreign stuff at Downtown hostel will divide themselves to help and please you. Different from most of the places i've being.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The hostel is quiet and clean. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The hostel is situated right in the heart of Lisbon. You can take a train from Lisbon to estoril where they have a beautiful beach. The train only takes about 20 minutes and costs 4.50 euros

Average hostel in good location. Not a place to socialize and hang out though.

Excellent stay! The location is incredible and very good value for money. Would highly recommend.

• 10th Mar 2012
  • New Zealand

Positive: The hostel is well located and clean and the price is good. Negative: The person at the front desk was not particularly nice and could not speak portuguese (!). We stayed on the 4th floor, with no lift or someone to help with the luggage (wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't stayed just for 1 night, carrying the luggage up and down twice in less than 24hours...). The bathroom was a bit smelly...

It was very cold in the room.

• 19th Feb 2012
  • Poland

Generally good, although there was no heating in my room. They did give me a little electric heater as soon as I asked but it had to be on all the time to get the room to a decent temperature.

Stayed for 2 nights. Our room was at the attic, so it was hard getting the luggage up since there were no lifts but Sanjay the receptionist helped some of us carry our luggage. Our room was spacious and clean but we had a problem with the bathroom. The shower door couldn't close properly so the water leaked and the floor was soaked. There was no heater either, so we were freezing! But I loved that they provide computers with internet and the location was perfect.

It is amazing that it decorates like a hotel - with TV in room, bright design.