Downhill Beachhouse Reviews

Glenhassan Hall, 12 Mussenden Road, Downhill, Castlerock, Northern Ireland

This really was the perfect place for me. V. friendly owner and customers. Excellent location by the beach, beautiful views. Lots going on but relaxed and cosy atmosphere. V. well equipped kitchen, nice dining room and living room. Lovely bedroom, very comfy beds and excellent showers.

One of the worlds most beautiful spots. I would love to go back. The only thing zi would do differently is to spend ,much more time there.

• 16th Aug 2013

Best hostel in Ireland/N. Ireland.

• 14th Aug 2013

My partner and I stayed at Downhill Hostel for 2 nights in Aug 2013. We had a wonderful time and plan to return. The location is out of this world, the hostel is very well equipped and William was super friendly and knowledgeable. All in all a fantastic experience!

• 14th Aug 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Perfect place in a beautiful surrounding. Nice couple who run the place. Thanks for your hospitality and help.

Like staying in a fairytale! One of the most beautiful locations I have ever seen for a hostel and very courteous staff!

• 12th Aug 2013

Fantastic! We ❤ Downhill Hostel!

• 10th Aug 2013
  • Northern Ireland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Fabulous location, gorgeous house, excellent service, friendly staff, comfortable beds, hot showers - what more could you want?!

• 9th Aug 2013

Everything was perfect. Thanks for the great advice on where to visit and when! Saved us time and money :). Place was so clean and welcoming. Thanks!!

• 6th Aug 2013

My boyfriend and me stayed 3 nights in wonderful downhill hostel. We got a very warm welcome, the staff was amazing, helpful, friendly, relaxed. The kitchen is fully equipped, the rooms are perfect and you can go for a walk on the beach everytime you feel like it. If I ever go to Northern Ireland again, I would definitely stay there again. Thanks!!!!

• 5th Aug 2013

A lovely hostel in a lovely location. Friendly, helpful owner. Only minor negative is that I had to leave my bike unsheltered around the back of the hostel. Otherwise I recommend this hostel.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at - thoroughly recommend!

• 4th Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

Perfect location, lovely staff and a cracker family room.

• 3rd Aug 2013
  • Northern Ireland

My brother sister and I had an amazing time here. We were traveling around Northern Ireland to see Giants Causeway, Dark Hedges and castles along the coast. This was a great location' beautiful scenic views. The ocean is footsteps away... A true gem

• 31st Jul 2013

loved this place-- it was perfect for our family. Just wish I'd grabbed one of the bunk rooms for the whole family instead of squeezing into an upstairs double with the kids-- the windows and views from the bunkrooms are amazing!

• 27th Jul 2013

Located right off the beach and its a beautiful hostel. William and McCall are very nice.would stay here again over and over.

I only stayed one night at Downhill and would love to return for a longer visit. I had my two grandkids with me( under three) and the facilities were very good for families... only complaint was that the room was very warm during the night and the windows didnt open very wide. As hot weather is rather unusual in N.Ireland I guess its not nornally an issue.

• 20th Jul 2013

Overall excellent place to stay, home from home. :) Great views, great beach, relaxed atmosphere. Very helpfully staff.

• 19th Jul 2013

Very nice hostel at a wonderfull beach. We enjoyed it very much!

• 17th Jul 2013
  • Switzerland
  • Couple, 41+

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Downhill Hostel. William was very welcoming and helpful. There were two dining rooms which allowed you the choice to mingle with others or have your own space. Our room was spacious and beds were comfy. The location is beautiful with the beach on your doorstep. We'd love to return one day... Hopefully we luck out and the fog clears away!

• 9th Jul 2013