Downhill Beachhouse Reviews

Glenhassan Hall, 12 Mussenden Road, Downhill, Castlerock, Northern Ireland

One of the nicest Hostels that we stayed. The Hostel was located right on the Beach with a cliff behind it, spectacular!! The Hostel is a converted 1700's house and was immaculate. It was decorated with original paintings and fused glass art that made staying there special. The beach is a few miles long with the backdrop of cliffs and waterfalls.. What a beautiful location! Wish we had more time to spend a few extra days.

• 24th Aug 2013
  • Couple, 41+

A warm welcome from guests and hostel owners alike coupled with Great tourist information. Especially liked the international mix of residents from Europe and America alike; good opportunity to converse in French etc.,ideal location near the beach if one decides to have a day off from the sight seeing.Overall a great experience for a family coupled within greatest value. Sure tip returning again.

• 20th Aug 2013

It was the welcome, the homliness ,the atmosphere, that impressed us most. The relaxing effect is immediate and the location is just stunning. We hope they keep up the no Television policy as it greatly adds to spontaneous conversations among the guests! William and Macaully were so welcoming and had time to chat to everyone. They also gave us wonderful info and direction on places of interest in the area as well as bus schedules etc.

10/10 as usual! Amazing location, friendly staff and couldnt ask for more. Hotel-esque!

• 18th Aug 2013
  • Northern Ireland

most enjoyable experience, our first time to hostel, home away from home. great location, will return for sure!

• 17th Aug 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This really was the perfect place for me. V. friendly owner and customers. Excellent location by the beach, beautiful views. Lots going on but relaxed and cosy atmosphere. V. well equipped kitchen, nice dining room and living room. Lovely bedroom, very comfy beds and excellent showers.

One of the worlds most beautiful spots. I would love to go back. The only thing zi would do differently is to spend ,much more time there.

• 16th Aug 2013

Best hostel in Ireland/N. Ireland.

• 14th Aug 2013

My partner and I stayed at Downhill Hostel for 2 nights in Aug 2013. We had a wonderful time and plan to return. The location is out of this world, the hostel is very well equipped and William was super friendly and knowledgeable. All in all a fantastic experience!

• 14th Aug 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Perfect place in a beautiful surrounding. Nice couple who run the place. Thanks for your hospitality and help.

Like staying in a fairytale! One of the most beautiful locations I have ever seen for a hostel and very courteous staff!

• 12th Aug 2013

Fantastic! We ❤ Downhill Hostel!

• 10th Aug 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Fabulous location, gorgeous house, excellent service, friendly staff, comfortable beds, hot showers - what more could you want?!

• 9th Aug 2013

Everything was perfect. Thanks for the great advice on where to visit and when! Saved us time and money :). Place was so clean and welcoming. Thanks!!

• 6th Aug 2013

My boyfriend and me stayed 3 nights in wonderful downhill hostel. We got a very warm welcome, the staff was amazing, helpful, friendly, relaxed. The kitchen is fully equipped, the rooms are perfect and you can go for a walk on the beach everytime you feel like it. If I ever go to Northern Ireland again, I would definitely stay there again. Thanks!!!!

• 5th Aug 2013

A lovely hostel in a lovely location. Friendly, helpful owner. Only minor negative is that I had to leave my bike unsheltered around the back of the hostel. Otherwise I recommend this hostel.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at - thoroughly recommend!

• 4th Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

Perfect location, lovely staff and a cracker family room.

• 3rd Aug 2013
  • Northern Ireland

My brother sister and I had an amazing time here. We were traveling around Northern Ireland to see Giants Causeway, Dark Hedges and castles along the coast. This was a great location' beautiful scenic views. The ocean is footsteps away... A true gem

• 31st Jul 2013

loved this place-- it was perfect for our family. Just wish I'd grabbed one of the bunk rooms for the whole family instead of squeezing into an upstairs double with the kids-- the windows and views from the bunkrooms are amazing!

• 27th Jul 2013