Downhill Beachhouse Reviews

Glenhassan Hall, 12 Mussenden Road, Downhill, Castlerock, Northern Ireland

Located right off the beach and its a beautiful hostel. William and McCall are very nice.would stay here again over and over.

I only stayed one night at Downhill and would love to return for a longer visit. I had my two grandkids with me( under three) and the facilities were very good for families... only complaint was that the room was very warm during the night and the windows didnt open very wide. As hot weather is rather unusual in N.Ireland I guess its not nornally an issue.

• 20th Jul 2013

Overall excellent place to stay, home from home. :) Great views, great beach, relaxed atmosphere. Very helpfully staff.

• 19th Jul 2013

Very nice hostel at a wonderfull beach. We enjoyed it very much!

• 17th Jul 2013
  • Switzerland
  • Couple, 41+

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Downhill Hostel. William was very welcoming and helpful. There were two dining rooms which allowed you the choice to mingle with others or have your own space. Our room was spacious and beds were comfy. The location is beautiful with the beach on your doorstep. We'd love to return one day... Hopefully we luck out and the fog clears away!

• 9th Jul 2013

It's the best hostel that we've seen. The staff, place and instalations are excellents. We'll come back as soon as possible.

Such a beautiful location, a true gem to stumble upon. While they have a few hostel-style dorm room, my wife and I stayed in a gorgeous room perfect for two - over looking the beach and sea. More of a BandB (except you have to cook your own breakfast in their GIANT kitchen). Quickly becoming one of our favorite places to stay in Northern Ireland.

• 3rd Jul 2013

A beautifully situated Hostel with friendly helpful staff & amazing views. Would highly recommend.

• 2nd Jul 2013
  • Northern Ireland

We loved the location and the helpfulness of William for every aspect of our stay. Very spacious hostel, and well maintained. We had a fabulous time, and will definitely be back again.

• 28th Jun 2013

A lovely hostel in every respect - beautiful building & decor, well situated, comfortable, well-appointed, friendly, reasonably priced. Our only quibbles were the lack of an electric kettle and the lack of a bike shed. (I think the latter was in process of being replaced). Also, we weren't sure how to contact the owners if we needed to ask anything, though when they were in the building they were most helpful. We'd definitely recommend Downhill Hostel.

great place for driving, close to the downhill beach. It is quite cold cause it's near the sea

• 22nd Jun 2013
  • China

wonderful location - simple, clean, unfussy, a very accommodating host - we'd hoped to see him at check-out to thank him personally for sending us to Narnia. Thanks again for a memorable stay.

• 17th Jun 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We had a great stay and will definitely recommend Downhill Hostel to everyone going to Northern Ireland and the Causeway Coast. The hostel is really nice, clean and situated in a very nice place. The beach and the sunset were awesome! We would have liked to stay a little longer. Thx!!!

I think this is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The location was absolutely beautiful, right on the beach with a waterfall two minutes from the hostel. The showers were great and the locks on the doors are a great idea (it is done by a code rather than a key). William met us on arrival and gave us some great advice about the Giant's Causeway and other places to go. It was lovely to have that kind of local advice. I would reccomend this hostel to anyone!

• 27th May 2013

The location was absolutely amazing. William was extremely kind and had excellent advise for site seeing.

• 19th May 2013

First hostel in the UK we have stayed at. What a fantastic surprise, a great setting lovely restored house. We liked it so much we stayed an extra day.

• 19th May 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Downhill Hostel is one of the best hostel I've ever been. The location is awesome, rooms are confortable with an amazing view (we slept in the dorm), the kitchen is big and well equipped and the staff is friendly and gave us very useful advice about what to visit in the area. I definitely recommend it!

Clean, tidy very friendly. Fab!!!

• 28th Apr 2013

Each time i go to Northern Ireland, i can't help going back to Downhill for one night ! And each time, it's a great moment !

• 18th Apr 2013

In all the traveling I've done in Northern Ireland, Ireland and the rest of the world, of all the hostels, bed & breakfast's and hotels I've stayed in, I enjoy being at the Downhill Hostel most. It's more than the facilities, the staff, the location or anything I've rated above. All of the above is taken care of so well that you can relax and enjoy being in the place and, just being. It's comfortable, quiet and well-placed. The hospitality is second to none and so is this hostel. Get there!

• 16th Apr 2013