Downtown Backpackers Hostel Bratislava Reviews

Panenska 31, Bratislava, Slovakia

I have stayed in this hostel on three previous occasions and really like it. This was my first stay for a couple of years and it remains a friendly, well equiped hostel. Cleanliness is perfect; staff helpful; it is peaceful at night, with no noise from the bar downstairs. breakfast which used to be free is now charged for.

We were welcomed with a free bratislava an shot voucher which was nice, and whenever we had any questions the staff were very accommodating. The showers were a bit of a let down as the water jets spray just about any direction but down so it's hard to shower properly. The room decoration wasn't great for a 'Warhol room' however the beds were comfy enough. Good stay in Brat.

Great bar with live music. I wish the bar was bigger!

We wish the bar was bigger too :) Thank you for your visit and comments. :)

Frendly and helpfull staff, good facilities, excellent location, big like for artistic grafiti on the walls... :D

Thank you for rating us :) We hope to see you again

All round perfect

I really enjoyed my stay and I will come back for sure.

Hi! We are really glad that you had a nice time, hope to see you next time again :)

Most characteristic hostel I have ever stayed in, the building is beautiful. Staff were kind enough to print my boarding pass.. (Super grateful for that) And a free shot when you arrive is just what you need after travelling! Thanks

We are so happy for the fact that you like the historical building! We love it too :) And printing out the boarding passes is a sure thing! Hope to see you again :)

Going back to Bratislava one day just to stay in this very hostel! Great atmosphere: the rooms are cosy and the bar is brown and the live music is great. Met some very cool people as well. I loved it :)

Hi! Thank you for your kind words. Cosy and friendly atmosphere is out priority :) Hope to see you again!

perfect hostel! only the door lock of our room (mucha) should be repaired: the only way to close the door is to lock it with the key otherwise the door stays open...

Hi, thank you:) we are going to have all the rooms checked out and we will fix every problem we'll find.

+ Good location + Good and big lockers for you backpack + Wash machine for free - Really bad WiFi connection - No elevator - Breakfast not included

Hi, we apologize for the wifi connection from the other day, but we fixed that as soon as possible.. About the breakfast - it's not possible to include them to the room price, because we have 10 different types of breakfast with different prices and it's big and really delicious. As our guests you have 10 % discount for everything you'll buy at the hostel restaurant.

a welcoming shot voucher for the bar was really cool, i've been to some places that give you one and its a weak drink but here you get a real shot of local stuff.

Thank you! To welcome a guest with a shot of traditional Slovak alcohol is a tradition here in Slovakia. Cheers :)

Perfect location! Gorgeous food in the bar/restaurant downstairs! 2 minutes walk from Old Town. Cheap! Would highly recommend as we stayed in hostels all over Europe and this was definitely one of the best!! Would stay again!

Hi, thank you !!! :)

I enjoyed my stay here very much. The hostel was arranged nicely and the facilities were good. The location was nice a 7min walk to the city centre :)

Well stocked kitchen, free laundry and a bar/restaurant downstairs. I only stayed one night in transit but the place met my needs.

The stuff was all the time friendly, they helped us to find a good & cheap restaurant, they printed tickets for us and there was always someone at the desk. We slept in a 7-bed room and most of the people just stayed one night and most of the people respected the nighttime. Unfortunately some did not and they kept on partying, but this problem will never get solved in hostels(i guess?). The facilities are like the whole building old, the showers could be replaced. But after all a great hostel!

• 25th Jul 2014

Bar and restaurant fantastic and great value!!

Very nice hostel, close to the old town of Bratislava. There is a nice restaurant with good Slovak food for very cheap prices and it's downstairs. The rooms and bathrooms are clean and well done. A great place to stay in Bratislava.

very quirky hostel, ncie decor and lots of things to do. has a bar which is handy, not that many showers though

Thanx, the building is old, but we renovated the rooms and the garden, so we hope that we offer very unique atmosphere here and of course very nice and helpful staff :)

I have enjoyed a lot in there, meeting youngsters all around Europe, good atmosphere :)

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Hi, thank you very much, hope to see you again :)

Not much of an atmosphere and other guests weren't very friendly. Other than that pretty fine.

Hi, we feel sorry that you didn't have fun with other guests. Sometimes all you need to do is smile :)