Downtown Backpackers Hostel Bratislava Reviews

Panenska 31, Bratislava, Slovakia

Bar and restaurant fantastic and great value!!

Not much of an atmosphere and other guests weren't very friendly. Other than that pretty fine.

Hi, we feel sorry that you didn't have fun with other guests. Sometimes all you need to do is smile :)

Nothing bad about this hostel at all!!! Excellent location. Excellent Staff. An amazing atmosphere - They've got a piano and a guitar!! And SO great for meeting new people! :) Best hostel I've ever stayed in!!

:)) Thank you very much !

Great Place, thought we found it hard to find activities on the night. The pub crawl the day we went was a mess.

Hi, thank you for rating us :)

close walk to old town area and to train station. Room was clean and staff nice. Bunk beds are poor construction and i was worried the guy above me might break the bed and kill us both, but it held up. I think the other big hostel in town is nicer, my friend stayed there so I got to see it. For the money this worked out pretty well though, no real complaints.

Hi thank you for your rating! Hopefully see you also the next time you'll visit Bratislava :)

Noise during the nigth because of a concert was the only problem. Staff is very nice. Location is great

Hi, thank you for rating our hostel. We apologize for the noise, but the concerts are always only till midnight.

Beautiful hostel, fantastic staff, great location. One of beset hostels I've ever stayed in. Highly recommend!

Hi, thank you very much for great comment:)

The hostel had a nice homey feel to it and everything was very clean. The location was very good, only a few minutes walk from the old town, and staff were helpful.

The room was nice, and interestingly decorated, though there was just one power outlet between 8 of us in the dorm. Having a bar in the hostel was good, however the service was incredibly slow. Much better restaurants can be found nearby, though we found the staff reluctant to recommend anywhere other than eating in the hostel bar. The bathrooms were not clean - a friend I was travelling with found someone's waste in the shower. There were also reports of lockers being broken into.

Hi, we're sorry that you had a bad experience. The hostel was full at the time of your stay and sometimes is difficult to keep everybody happy especially when there are big groups of guest drinking like there is no tomorrow :) The bar staff is new so we apologize for slow service, but our hostel menu is delicious and definitely worthy to try.

Next to the Presidential palace, main bus line and old city center.

Hi, thank you for rating our hostel. :)

I lived in Bratislava for 6,5 years and I could never imagine that one of the best hostels I'd visited during my trips would be right there in the small Bratislava. The bar and restaurant downstairs make the staying there even better. The food is good and cheap so even the locals hang out there. There is a great terrace in the back that makes you feel like going nowhere else. The staff is really friendly and helpful.

Hi thank you very much for your nice rating!!! We enjoyed your company as well. Whenever you come, you will be welcome here !!

Almost everything is really good. If I go Bratislava again I will stay there again... 1 suggestion; in the shower space, they should put a shelf in order to put the sampoo and soap.

Hi, thank you for the rating and suggestions. We'll think about it.

The only major issue we had with Downtown Backpackers was the group who came in at 2 in the morning and decided to start playing the piano and being very loud in the common area, which, was right across the hall from our dorm room that had very little noise protection. Other than that, the staff were very helpful and the kitchen lounge area was really pretty cool. Location is great!

Hi, thank you. We're sorry for the noisy night. Sometimes it is the price for good location with fair prices in the city center :)

Everything OK, the staff in both check in and restaurant very nice and helpful. It would be good that you hire another waiter and make the service in the restaurant faster.

Hi, thank you for nice comment. Sometimes is hard to predict how many people will be in the restaurant, so we apologize if you had an impression that the service was not fast enough.

We really enjoyed our stay here. It's a great and cozy hostel. There is a big common room and a nice bar/cafe downstairs! Only thing to point a finger at is the WiFi. It was really slow in some of the rooms! But whatever! Book it

Hi, thank you:) we're planning to change the Internet company soon, so the WiFi will be much faster.

Good location near to old town.

Thanx a lot. Would be really nice to see you again...

The hostel is in the center of Bratislaw. 50 meters from the main street. I stayed three nights and i enjoyed so much. The rooms are normal, perfect for Backpackers. The restaurant is very good and they are very gentle.

Hi, thank you for your stay at our hostel and for nice rating :)

Found it difficult to find this hostel, and when I got there it was very quiet, but that's off-season Eastern Europe for you. Cool themed rooms - not super clean, if that bothers you, but perfectly comfortable. Great bar downstairs. Close to the Old Town.

Thank you for your rating. And yes it is true that the most of the Slovaks spend Easter holidays with their families at home and not partying in the city. Try to come during the summer season :)

Nice place to stay. The staff is nice -even though some do not speak english fluently, that can be a minus-. But the morning girl and Martin are really helpful. Has a large kitchen with everything you need. You have a living room also. Rooms are great, we even had a balcony. The bar downstairs is really good, nice beer, good prices, good cooking. I had really good meals there. The only thing is that you have to pay extra for breakfast, and it´s better to buy you own stuff at the supermarket

Hi, thank you for your rating. It's true that breakfast is not included in the room price, but every hostel guest has 10% discount for everything at the hostel restaurant and hostel bar.

We had a good time at this hostel. Well located. Nice bar just by the reception desk. Helpful staff.

Hi, thank you!!! see you next time :)