Downtown Backpackers Hostel Bratislava Reviews

Panenska 31, Bratislava, Slovakia

not sure how this hostel has such good ratings. I found the staff cold and unfriendly, the common areas are dark and unused so it's hard to meet people and the shower is a dribble. also loud music is played so if you want an early night this isn't the place for you!

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Good location, staff really helpful and nice. Restaurant on ground floor good for food and drinks.

I was here on a Friday night and had a stressful time because drunk guys were harassing women in the hostel. The staff were great and really helpful (and moved me immediately when I asked to change rooms because I didn't feel safe with the guys who were in there). The building is really old and could do with some upgrades (e.g. automatically locking doors) and the wifi signal was poor, but location is good and bar/restaurant cheap. Good hostel, but I wouldn't stay here again on a weekend.

I was surprise how great was this hostel for this price. I would recommend it to anyone , who would like to know new people and not to spend much money for accommodation. Hostel have 24 reception and bar so you don't really need to go out, if you want to taste great Slovak beer.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Slovakia

staff at reception were very nice and professional, rooms are clean and comfortable; but the whole hostel is too dark, very noisy, and staff in the bar are not very friendly

The staff was great, especially Bianca at the front desk. The food was good, tho breakfast is not served until 8:30. There was a problem with the latch on our private room so that it would not latch without locking, and the door would swing open unless locked. The slot for the key had sharp edges which could cut you when you tried to use the key! They had a washing machine available for free (thank you). We slept well except Sunday at 4AM when a very loud fight occurred in the dorm.

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Hi, Thank you for your kind words. We already changed the lock on the private room, so this should not be a problem anymore. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by the loud guests in the other room, they apologised for their behavior. Bianka

This place is nice and has a bar downstairs. You wear a wristband in order for the staff to know you are staying there, which I thought was good. The locks on the doors were tricky, the bathrooms small, but overall decent place. Hard to meet people unless you have others in your room who are friendly. walking distance to everything, nice kitchen with most utensils needed. Overall I would recommend and good value for price

Clean and comfortable beds, amazing food and great staff. Sorry about the party that got out of Hand in the common room that other night.

Hi:) thank you!

Awesome hostel!!! (Blew the Patio Hostel out of the water.) The staff was super friendly and helpful. It was nice and quiet at night, no crazy ruckus. Super convenient having a bar and restaurant downstairs. Discount on food and a free shot of the national liquor--can't go wrong! Cute t-shirts for sale. Would recommend BPH any day! Definitely staying here whenever I go to Bratislava :)

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Thank you very much :) We hope to see you again.

Really nice hostel. Its a bit pricy compared to other hostels around europe. The atmosphere is nice and the hostel is noce as well with a very nice common area. The staff was good in general but the poeople working in the bar kept forgeting my food and bill. Overall nice expiience

Hi, thank you for your comment. We apologize for your inconvenience. The price for dormitory bed is 10 € / person / night. We don't thing we can go any lower. :)

I really like this hostel, the staff was very kind and helpful, the location was great, and they have a very good restaurant in the hostel. I didn't have any trouble and I do recommend it.

Although I only lodged there for one evening, it was so comfortable that I felt as though I were in my own home. The common area, with a large and fluffy sofa as well as a flat screen television, attached to a full kitchen are very inviting for anyone who wants to lounge - basically all I do.

Thank you for your great comment! We hope you will come again :)

All was excellent!! Staff and location awesome :)

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you ! :)

VERY WELL, EXCELLENT STAFF. I recommend

Hi, thank you for recommendation. That's great you had fun here!!

Quirky hostel in the old town - everything is within walking distance. Brilliant location. The hostel bar is very cheap and does lovely food. Overall enjoyed our stay and would recommend to others.

This was a great hostel at a perfect location. A block and a half way and you are in the historic city center. The 93 bus and several other buses stopped several yards from the hostel, good enough to take to Most SNP or the train station. The rooms have names correlating famous artists. Restaurant had delicious food and it right in the lobby, in case you want a quick bite and brew for a great price. Staff was also friendly and helpful. The only issue I had was the door and locker door.

Everything worked just fine. Our twin room was really spacious and nice. Showers worked ok and were clean enough. Walls sounded a bit thin but we traveled during a low season so it was quiet. Nice common room and bar/restaurant downstairs were a nice addition.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Finland

Jazz music some nights of the week, good breakfast down stairs and a free welcome shot, it made bratislava that much better

thank you :) we have live music every Tuesday and Thursday!

thanks to the staff for sorting out an issue we had with another backpacker. you did a great job!. the bar is cute. the beer is cold and the food is well priced. thanks

Hi, thank you and you're welcome :)

I had a great time there, the staff were amazing and the place has everything you need.

• 4th Oct 2014