Downtown Backpackers Hostel Bratislava Reviews

Panenska 31, Bratislava, Slovakia

Very nice people and friendly staff Excellent kitchen

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Austria

Good location very near to the historic city center. The building itself was kind of dark and creepy, and on our floor there were several dorms sharing 2 toilets and 2 showers. Considering that they saw a lot of traffic, the bathrooms were relatively clean. The kitchen and common room area were very cosy, and the pub downstairs seemed to be doing a good business. The building was certainly historic... So was the security system. For a one night stay it was a good value.

Hello, sorry, days during the winter are short and more darky, on each floor we have lights with motion sensors. So they suppossed to turn on always as they catch some move. But understand, it would be better with daily light. anyways thanks for commentary :) DBH

Location was quite far from the bus station and the central train station, but very good deal for such a low price. Would stay again, free use of washing machine as I brought my own washing powder.

Really? Because, its just 2 stops with a bus from main train station :). But thanks for rating, and looking forward to see you here next time. DBH

Not a bad thing to say about Downtown Backpackers! Just loved it!

we are happy to hear you liked it here :). see you soon DBH

good location. very not clean. old hostel

Hello, thanks for the review. First thing, that is the charm of this hostel that it is old building and we are trying to make best of it. We are sorry, that you did not like it, well each person has different tastes :)

Malvina works behind the bar- she is awesome. So helpful and full of things for you to do whilst in Bratislava. The restaurant attached to the hostel is amazing. Locals come here- I recommend you get amongst them because they know how to drink. Good atmosphere at the hostel however was noisy at night with it being quite communal. Overall I would stay here again and recommend it to others travelers.

Thank you and we are happy you liked it in here, hopefully we will see you here again soon :)

Really dull staff. Dark place throughout. Cramped showers with no electric plug in. 1 power adaptor for the room, come on guys!

Hello, our staff is trying always to be friendly and helpful to our guests. If you found our behaviour "dull", well, sorry for it... what can I can say more. Althought quite negative commentary, I hope there was at least one thing you enjoyed :) Have a nice day DBH

The Hostel was good overall, clean and spacious

Hostel is very close to the old town, staff very friendly, room and bed all right, you get quite a big locker as well. Food at hostel's restaurant was also very good, complimentary shot on arrival also nice surprise :). When I came back very late at night, there was some guy at front wanting to see that I have a key, thumb up for security. Will stay again ;)

Big thanks for your nice words, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Come back soon! :) DBH

As a student I had a reduction on a tourist fee which was nice. The staff and the cleaning lady were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were tidy, safe and warm. What I liked is that the bed linen and blanket were clean, warm and comfortable. The showers were big but without any shelf to keep your shampoo and soap handy while showering. After checking out I was given a space for free to store my luggage for a few hours before leaving town.

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. hope to see you around someday :) DBH

It is a fine hostel. Close to everything but not "in the middle of it". Anyway, the atmosphere is great i it has a bar so it's really convenient when you want to drink something but not go out for it. And you can also meet people there. Toilet and shower rooms are small but clean!

We are happy you enjoyed it here and thanks for the possitive commentary. :-) DBH

The wooden beds are disaster. They are squeaking with every movement, and with 8 of them in the room it emitting substantial noise in the night. The showers and bathrooms are very small, so its even hard to turn around in them. The entrance is also very small, cause the front doors are used as a storage place.

Dear Guest, thanks for your feedback and critics, thanks to it we have the motivation to improve our facilities for your better comfort. Have a nice day DBH

The location was a big plus, close to the train station and the city center, and steps away from the presidential palace. The staff was quite hospitable, they assisted me happily every time, even though I was constantly asking them questions. One thing to improve, the rooms and the toilets are not in optimal conditions. I saw the toilets clogged a few times, but thankfully it was solved fast every time. There were many older people staying too, so there wasn't really a backpacker atmosphere.

Hello, thanks for your possitive also "negative" feedback :), this is the reason we are trying to do things better and better. Also have in the plan the recounstruction of our facilities, one after one. About the age of our guests - we´re not used to limit them according the age. Many times, older people can have "young travel spirit" as well:). Thanks for staying with us Sincerely DBH

Amazing! The best hostel I've been so far.

Hello, thanks a lot, we are so happy to hear it :)). Have a nice day DBH

Was a great little hostel! Friendly, warm and shockingly spacious! My only negative being no laundry facilities, however I do realise this is hard to find with hostels.

Hello, we are very happy to hear you had great time in our hostel :). about the laundry services: we do have washing maschine, and also if you don´t have washing powder we provide it for a fee. so, sorry for misunderstanding, next time we will try to inform you better about all our facilities :). cheers, DBH

Great hostel with great facilities. If you want to cook dinners, this place has a great kitchen! Would definitely stay here again!

Thank you :) Hope to see you back next time

Beatiful hostel, great location and very clean. Unfortunately they had a bed bug problem while I was there and everyone in our dorm was effected. I hope this gets cleared up soon as the place is awesome!

Thank you very much, we are glad that you liked it in here. Problem is already dealt with, unfortunately someone brought it here, there were few days of procedure getting rid of it and you were part of there days, we are sorry. Still it´s okay now, hoe to see you here next time :)

This hostel was central, comfortable and staff extremely helpful. Free towels and lockers in room and they even brought coffee into the dorm in the morning for us. Bar was great value for money and served amazing traditional Slovak food. Fun atmosphere and lots of people to chat to if you're travelling alone. All in all, I was extremely happy with this hostel.

Thank you very much. Hope to see you here next time :)

Lovely staff and a good bar area. Good for meeting people but the only issue we had was that we were in an 8 bed dorm with only one plug socket!

Hello, thanks a lot for your nice comment :). Yes, we know about this problem, and now trying to find the solution for limited plug sockets. It will be fixed soon. Have a nice day DBH

Staff on reception were friendly and helpful however staff in the bar area were very rude. The food you can buy is very very good.

• 21st Aug 2015

Hello, we are very for sorry your bad experience. We are doing our best this situation won´t repeat. Hope you enjoyed the meal :) Kind regards DBH