Downtown Backpackers Hostel Bratislava Reviews

Panenska 31, Bratislava, Slovakia

Perfect hostel for Bratislava. Staff are friendly and facilities are great

Thank you! :)

My second hostel in Bratislava and little better than the first. Located near Presidential Palace it makes a nice walk to the center, but the city is very small anyway. Very open staff and great atmosphere in the hostel, they also have a cafe/bistro/pub downstairs where is easy to meet fellow travelers and have chat.

Good location. Beds are fine with lockers. No lift but it's only one floor to the rooms. Stuff really helpful and kind. The common area in the first floor is quite dark. Kitchen fully equipped and washing machine for free.

Hostel has everything you need: Restaurant and Bar downstairs, with kitchen, common room etc... on next level. Unfortunately door to room did not close properly, and mid-week it was quite quiet, but nevertheless sitting at the bar (with my free welcome shot) was a nice experience and met nice people. Location is great, just on the edge of the old town, everywhere is very close!!

downtown backpackers is a fantastic hostel! close to the center, nice kitchen, friendly and helpful staff and a nice atmosphere for meeting new people!

Thank you!! You're always welcome :)

Great location that is easy to find from the main train station. I really enjoyed having the bar and restaurant here that makes for a nice way to start or unwind your time while here in Bratislava. My only complaint would be the lack of wall outlets for charging my phone...had to share a power strip with other bunk mates that didn't seem to reach to all the beds.

Hi, thank you for your nice comment. We'll do something with the electricity plugs.

Best hostel ever! Will return!!!

The location is excellent, close of all, the staff is friendly, there is a pub in the hostel very charm

not sure how this hostel has such good ratings. I found the staff cold and unfriendly, the common areas are dark and unused so it's hard to meet people and the shower is a dribble. also loud music is played so if you want an early night this isn't the place for you!

We're surprised to hear that and very sorry you didn't have good impression of the hostel. It is truth that the most of our guests are young people who like to party.

Good location, staff really helpful and nice. Restaurant on ground floor good for food and drinks.

I was here on a Friday night and had a stressful time because drunk guys were harassing women in the hostel. The staff were great and really helpful (and moved me immediately when I asked to change rooms because I didn't feel safe with the guys who were in there). The building is really old and could do with some upgrades (e.g. automatically locking doors) and the wifi signal was poor, but location is good and bar/restaurant cheap. Good hostel, but I wouldn't stay here again on a weekend.

Hi, we're very sorry about the drunk guys. There is alway someone at the reception in order to help in these very uncomfortable situations. Violence and harassment is not tolerated here!

I was surprise how great was this hostel for this price. I would recommend it to anyone , who would like to know new people and not to spend much money for accommodation. Hostel have 24 reception and bar so you don't really need to go out, if you want to taste great Slovak beer.

Thank you for great rating !!! Hopefully see you soon :)

staff at reception were very nice and professional, rooms are clean and comfortable; but the whole hostel is too dark, very noisy, and staff in the bar are not very friendly

Hi, thank you for the rating. We are sorry that you didn't have good impression of the hostel. We will try to work on everything you've mentioned.

The staff was great, especially Bianca at the front desk. The food was good, tho breakfast is not served until 8:30. There was a problem with the latch on our private room so that it would not latch without locking, and the door would swing open unless locked. The slot for the key had sharp edges which could cut you when you tried to use the key! They had a washing machine available for free (thank you). We slept well except Sunday at 4AM when a very loud fight occurred in the dorm.

Hi, Thank you for your kind words. We already changed the lock on the private room, so this should not be a problem anymore. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by the loud guests in the other room, they apologised for their behavior. Bianka

This place is nice and has a bar downstairs. You wear a wristband in order for the staff to know you are staying there, which I thought was good. The locks on the doors were tricky, the bathrooms small, but overall decent place. Hard to meet people unless you have others in your room who are friendly. walking distance to everything, nice kitchen with most utensils needed. Overall I would recommend and good value for price

Clean and comfortable beds, amazing food and great staff. Sorry about the party that got out of Hand in the common room that other night.

Hi:) thank you!

Awesome hostel!!! (Blew the Patio Hostel out of the water.) The staff was super friendly and helpful. It was nice and quiet at night, no crazy ruckus. Super convenient having a bar and restaurant downstairs. Discount on food and a free shot of the national liquor--can't go wrong! Cute t-shirts for sale. Would recommend BPH any day! Definitely staying here whenever I go to Bratislava :)

Thank you very much :) We hope to see you again.

Really nice hostel. Its a bit pricy compared to other hostels around europe. The atmosphere is nice and the hostel is noce as well with a very nice common area. The staff was good in general but the poeople working in the bar kept forgeting my food and bill. Overall nice expiience

Hi, thank you for your comment. We apologize for your inconvenience. The price for dormitory bed is 10 € / person / night. We don't thing we can go any lower. :)

Amazing time at Downtown Backpackers in Bratislava! We loved it here- amazing charm, nice bar, great rooms. And Bianca at the front desk was incredibly helpful and funny! We had a great time here in this cozy hostel!

• 1st Feb 2015

I really like this hostel, the staff was very kind and helpful, the location was great, and they have a very good restaurant in the hostel. I didn't have any trouble and I do recommend it.