Downtown Backpackers Hostel Bratislava Reviews

Panenska 31, Bratislava, Slovakia

Really enjoyed our stay in this lively hostel. The staff were hugely helpful, giving us great information on where to go out and where to see. Over all a lovely stay and well worth the money.

• 25th Jul 2015

Really cool hostel with restaurant and bar, really cheap drinks and food and the food is really good!

A beautiful beautiful hostel. One of the main positives was the excellent location; it was a tiny walk to both the old town and the pub crawl our group went on. Facilities were great and staff were friendly, the 24-hour reception was also very helpful. Some of the lockers in our room were a little dented causing us to question their security but overall the system seemed to work, and seemed secure. Atmosphere was good but not great due to a lot of large insular groups staying at the same time.

• 20th Jul 2015

Rado who worked in the restaurant/bar was always super friendly and helpful! Saying that all the staff were pretty nice. Unfortunately there was one plug socket in the room of 8 people which sucked. The wifi in the room wasn't great either. Overall the hostel was nice and I would probably stay again.

I had a bad experience. I stay in a room with more 5 people, they were friends, during the night they made a lot of noise, I'm not talking about normal noises (its very difficult to border me), I think they were drunk and it seemed they were destroying the room. I couldn't sleep until 5am when they stopped (I thought one of them would break his bed, because he was kind of jumping above the bed). Maybe I was just not lucky, but I have to say that I didn't have a good experience at all.

Downtown backpackers hostel This hostel is worth staying at. Not to far away from everything, but still quiet at night. They have a bar, which is pretty much the best thing about the hostel. Apart from that great staff, fast wifi, good beds and not to pricy

Thank you, we're happy that you enjoyed staying with us! Come back again next time :)

Cool hostel just on the edge of the old town. They had lots on offer, and had really nice staff.

Thank you Matilda, we appreciate your good feelings about our hostel :)

We stayed in this hostel for 2 nights. It was a nice stay. The hostel was clean and gave me this feeling like I was home. The facility's were very good, the showers were very nice and the kitchen had everything. An oven, a very good stove and all the things you need in a kitchen. There even was a wachingmachine! The bar in the hostel is very cosy. Also the location was great. I'm can only say positive things about this hostel.

Hi! Thank you for your affirmative comment. We try to make our guests feel like home as much as possibe,exactly as you described your feelings. Thank you for reminding us that we're doing well. Have a nice traveling :) Jan

Shower water smelled like something had gone off in it. Only stayed 1 night and then moved. Location was pretty good and the staff were friendly though

• 13th Jul 2015

Hi there! Thank you for your note! It's a pity that you have experienced a bad smell in a shower. It must have been some kind of an accident that was about to be solved soon for sure. Our cleaner does her great job every single day. Thank you again for your comment. Have fun ;-) Jan, receptionist

Lovely staff, very welcoming! Common room/kitchen well equipped and well maintained. Washing was free, which was an extra bonus! Good location and lively bar.. Definitely recommend

Thank you, we are happy that you enjoyed staying with us :)

A truly wonderful hostel. It has its own bar, hence its a very social place where you can meet loads of other travellers. Good location that provides good access to most places nearby.

It was very noisy inside and outside in the late hours and very early hours.

We were pleased with the room. The hostel had a nice bar, pity there weren't more people.

Perfect hostel for Bratislava. Staff are friendly and facilities are great

Thank you! :)

My second hostel in Bratislava and little better than the first. Located near Presidential Palace it makes a nice walk to the center, but the city is very small anyway. Very open staff and great atmosphere in the hostel, they also have a cafe/bistro/pub downstairs where is easy to meet fellow travelers and have chat.

Good location. Beds are fine with lockers. No lift but it's only one floor to the rooms. Stuff really helpful and kind. The common area in the first floor is quite dark. Kitchen fully equipped and washing machine for free.

Hostel has everything you need: Restaurant and Bar downstairs, with kitchen, common room etc... on next level. Unfortunately door to room did not close properly, and mid-week it was quite quiet, but nevertheless sitting at the bar (with my free welcome shot) was a nice experience and met nice people. Location is great, just on the edge of the old town, everywhere is very close!!

downtown backpackers is a fantastic hostel! close to the center, nice kitchen, friendly and helpful staff and a nice atmosphere for meeting new people!

Thank you!! You're always welcome :)

Great location that is easy to find from the main train station. I really enjoyed having the bar and restaurant here that makes for a nice way to start or unwind your time while here in Bratislava. My only complaint would be the lack of wall outlets for charging my phone...had to share a power strip with other bunk mates that didn't seem to reach to all the beds.

Hi, thank you for your nice comment. We'll do something with the electricity plugs.

Best hostel ever! Will return!!!