Downtown Backpackers Hostel Bratislava Reviews

Panenska 31, Bratislava, Slovakia

Staff on reception were friendly and helpful however staff in the bar area were very rude. The food you can buy is very very good.

• 21st Aug 2015

The garden was really nice to have a (cheap) beer, but closed very early

Great place to meet people, good restaurant and garden with people willing to help. It's walkable from the train station and also close to the centre. It's in a 'nice' area of town close to the embassy and walkable to the Slavin monument. With lockers in the rooms. There's a hostelly feel about the place - kinda cheap and cheerful with the decorations and all. Has a nice common room and kitchen as well.

The hostel is decent but there is room for improvement. The bathrooms are filthy and could use a fresh coat of paint. There is a bar which has decent food (except the breakfast - overpriced and not good), but the staff at the bar were very rude and not friendly. They are also supposed to give you a discount if you stay at the hostel but they refused since we did not tell them we were staying there at the beginning of the meal. Why they couldn't take it off the bill at the end I have no idea.

A perfect hostel. Friendly open big and homey. 10 out of 10.

Really enjoyed our stay in this lively hostel. The staff were hugely helpful, giving us great information on where to go out and where to see. Over all a lovely stay and well worth the money.

• 25th Jul 2015

Really cool hostel with restaurant and bar, really cheap drinks and food and the food is really good!

The place is good enough, with a decent location where you can reach the city center with a 10min walk or even less. The rooms are big and well organized. The attitude changes according to the person, some of them are very nice, some others are quite serious. In any case, it is a good place for the money you pay and you'll be connected to the city and nice food at a short distance.

A beautiful beautiful hostel. One of the main positives was the excellent location; it was a tiny walk to both the old town and the pub crawl our group went on. Facilities were great and staff were friendly, the 24-hour reception was also very helpful. Some of the lockers in our room were a little dented causing us to question their security but overall the system seemed to work, and seemed secure. Atmosphere was good but not great due to a lot of large insular groups staying at the same time.

• 20th Jul 2015

Rado who worked in the restaurant/bar was always super friendly and helpful! Saying that all the staff were pretty nice. Unfortunately there was one plug socket in the room of 8 people which sucked. The wifi in the room wasn't great either. Overall the hostel was nice and I would probably stay again.

I had a bad experience. I stay in a room with more 5 people, they were friends, during the night they made a lot of noise, I'm not talking about normal noises (its very difficult to border me), I think they were drunk and it seemed they were destroying the room. I couldn't sleep until 5am when they stopped (I thought one of them would break his bed, because he was kind of jumping above the bed). Maybe I was just not lucky, but I have to say that I didn't have a good experience at all.

Downtown backpackers hostel This hostel is worth staying at. Not to far away from everything, but still quiet at night. They have a bar, which is pretty much the best thing about the hostel. Apart from that great staff, fast wifi, good beds and not to pricy

Thank you, we're happy that you enjoyed staying with us! Come back again next time :)

Cool hostel just on the edge of the old town. They had lots on offer, and had really nice staff.

Thank you Matilda, we appreciate your good feelings about our hostel :)

We stayed in this hostel for 2 nights. It was a nice stay. The hostel was clean and gave me this feeling like I was home. The facility's were very good, the showers were very nice and the kitchen had everything. An oven, a very good stove and all the things you need in a kitchen. There even was a wachingmachine! The bar in the hostel is very cosy. Also the location was great. I'm can only say positive things about this hostel.

Hi! Thank you for your affirmative comment. We try to make our guests feel like home as much as possibe,exactly as you described your feelings. Thank you for reminding us that we're doing well. Have a nice traveling :) Jan

Shower water smelled like something had gone off in it. Only stayed 1 night and then moved. Location was pretty good and the staff were friendly though

• 13th Jul 2015

Hi there! Thank you for your note! It's a pity that you have experienced a bad smell in a shower. It must have been some kind of an accident that was about to be solved soon for sure. Our cleaner does her great job every single day. Thank you again for your comment. Have fun ;-) Jan, receptionist

Lovely staff, very welcoming! Common room/kitchen well equipped and well maintained. Washing was free, which was an extra bonus! Good location and lively bar.. Definitely recommend

Thank you, we are happy that you enjoyed staying with us :)

A truly wonderful hostel. It has its own bar, hence its a very social place where you can meet loads of other travellers. Good location that provides good access to most places nearby.

It was very noisy inside and outside in the late hours and very early hours.

We were pleased with the room. The hostel had a nice bar, pity there weren't more people.

Perfect hostel for Bratislava. Staff are friendly and facilities are great

Thank you! :)