Downtown Backpackers Reviews

1 Bunny St, Wellington, New Zealand

Being right across from the railway/bus station and interislander ferry shuttle was very handy.

It is a grand and lovely old hotel. The staff were good, for the most part. There was some Asian man on the desk when I arrived and he was chilly. My train was cancelled. I would have stayed somewhere else if I had known, since it was really noisy. My dorm was full of old towels and bits of socks, clothing; things others had left behind. I felt like my dorm never had a good cleaning. It was creepy.

Well located hostel, a little bit insecure because there is a bar in the first floor do anyone can just access the hostel without identification. Staff is ok, cleanliness as well! Unfotunately i spend just one night in Wellington...

Wifi is really expensive. Some staff really good, some era by bad.

Very good position, it was very easy for me to get to the bus stop for the airport bus, and on the side of the city for the ferry terminal as well. Friendly helpful staff Nice kitchen and cheap bar with quality pool tables Facilities were clean and well maintained The luggage store was very expensive so I just stored everything in my room, but did not feel very comfortable about the security of it.

Historic building gives you nice atmosphere. Common areas were nice! Room tiny and bathroom not that clean... Generally nice place to stay in downtown Welly

Great staff at the desk most of the time, need more than two staff during busy checkout times particularly when there are big tours.

I really liked the oldschool charme of edehe DownTown. Being located so near to the Station is a big plus.

• 16th Nov 2013

Excellent hostel , excellent location, big kitchen

The hostel is next to the train station, which is easy for going to the ferry by shuttle (2dollars). But actually around the hostel is nothing and the area around is not nice. Itis a 10minutes walk to go the the Te Papa museum, what is good to do. So you be at places quite easy. I did not like the atmosphere in the hostel.... Not as friendly as in other hostels (concerning to the hotelguests)... I had an ensuite 4 bed female room. Which was okay, very noisy street. Shared showers were awful...

Huge hostel with interesting interior design. Great kitchen facilities and cafe with good food choice. Not good for socializing with other travellers (mainly due to its size).