Downtown Backpackers Reviews

1 Bunny St, Wellington, New Zealand

Big building with a huge kitchen, a bar inside and an elevator Everything was perfect but it has the hotel feel that some backpacker might not like. It is really a question of taste.

Great location (right next to BlueBridge ferry terminal). Rooms felt a bit cramped.

The room had a very strong smell and cockroaches were everywhere at night. Very bad air, and Cold with no heating gear! No Place to sit in the kitchen and outside the window of the room was a big pile of thrash. Not a good experience.

We pride ourselves on our cleanliness which means we do not have any cockroaches. It is also too cold in Wellington for them.We have central heating the building so it is nice and warm, we do provide blankets in every room in case people are chilly. We have a large guest kitchen with a large communal seating area,I'm not sure if you saw this?We do hope that is guests are unhappy they come and let us know during their stay. We hope if you come to visit again we can make your stay an enjoyable one

Large spacious kitchen. We ended up staying another night and had to move rooms, but the staff were accommodating and helped us with that process. It was nice how close the hostel is to the ferries.

This hotel is just 'okay.' The pro is that it's centrally located (it's right across the street from the train). The biggest downsides for me were the lack of communal bathrooms. Although having an ensuite can be a plus, when you're in an 8-bed dorm waiting for your turn, it sucks. Also, the rooms are very dated and the kitchen was filthy.

Located near train station, long walk to central city area, Very nice restaurant, Backbenchers, a few block away Reasonable parking rates across street at the port

Cheapest in the centre of the city. Well behaved staff and good facilities. Just the packing facility is missing!

• 11th Apr 2014
  • India

Being right across from the railway/bus station and interislander ferry shuttle was very handy.

It is a grand and lovely old hotel. The staff were good, for the most part. There was some Asian man on the desk when I arrived and he was chilly. My train was cancelled. I would have stayed somewhere else if I had known, since it was really noisy. My dorm was full of old towels and bits of socks, clothing; things others had left behind. I felt like my dorm never had a good cleaning. It was creepy.