Downtown Forest Hostel & Camping

9.0
Superb 712 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 25-30
6th Aug 2017

I loved this place! Super friendly staff, great facilities, beautiful setting, good location, cheap.. what more could you want!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
5th Aug 2017

This hostel is really cool and the outdoor space is awesome! As a solo traveller though it's a little hard to meet people, as the hostel is so big, has lots of different common areas, and hosts lots of bigger groups. The location isn't right in the centre, but is still walking distance, and is right next to Užupis which is very cool! I would definitely stay here again, but only if I was travelling with another person.

5th Aug 2017

Funky place. Hip and stylish. Jazz music is playing all the time. "Forest" which is a huge garden is rented out for celebrations, birthdays, family gatherings...to people outside of the hostel...so can and does get noisy till late at night. Has a huge kitchen with all needed appliences and a large area with tables for eating. Overall had a good experience.

• England, Couple, 25-30
2nd Aug 2017

We loved this place - a little gem. Good position. Nice decor - simple but fun. I really liked being able to sit out in the bar area - have some reasonably priced drinks and swing in the hammocks. We were away for over two weeks and this was our favourite hostel.

31st Jul 2017
8.0

You can't beat the price of this place it is very affordable although you will sleep on like an army cot in a tent, they provide a very warm blanket though. If you are camping or have little money this is the to go!

• England, Female, 25-30
29th Jul 2017

Brilliant hostel. 15 minute walk from the old town, friendly staff, spacious. The atmosphere was very chilled and the outdoor seating area is a highlight.

• Greece, Male, 18-24
28th Jul 2017
7.1

So I had generally a pleasant stay. What I REALLY Disliked was that the toilets were filthy, not enough, and you couldn't flash the used toilet paper so there was a bin wide open which made the toilet stink. It was just awful and not really hygienic. I really enjoyed the atmosphere in the evening. I slept in a tent so the fact that I had electricity was a pros but the fact that the socket outlet was far away than me a huge con. I didn't charge my phone because I was unsure. Generally it was nice

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
27th Jul 2017
5.7

I only had one shower my entire stay because the doors are 2 shutter doors that don't quick touch meaning everyone can see into the shower... The toilets were ALWAYS taken. It was ridiculous. The staff were not particularly friendly - one lady was though. It's not an overly convenient location The croissants for brekkie are delicious The outdoor space is a cool chill area. I wouldn't stay here again but it's still not the worst place.. The combos to get in the rooms are too long.

25th Jul 2017

Such a peaceful and relaxing place! I'm a solo traveler and I felt very safe here. It was so nice to enjoy the patio and outdoor feel of this hostel. It's a little further from the center of old town, but you can definitely walk there. Would be great for families or anyone who wants to chill out. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

• Netherlands, Couple, 18-24
24th Jul 2017

Downtown Forest Hostel gives you the wonderful feeling of camping in nature without having to leave the city. The location is excellent, with the city centre at a few minutes walking distance. My partner and i stayed in one of the privates, which was very clean and cosy and even had a balcony. This place is suited for a lot of different people: young couples/friends/families with children. The only thing to consider is it can be a bit noisy on weekends, but the hostel gives free earplugs.