Downtown Hostel Reviews

Armando Sanhueza # 555, Punta Arenas, Chile

Good walk to the downtown of Punta Arenas from the Downtown Hostel. Rarely saw the owners; really was no staff, I was left on my own. Room was nice, very clean, had my own private bathroom down the hall outside my room. I believe there was a room with a private bath in the room. When I did see the owners they were helpful and very nice.

Very close to the bus station. Close enough to downtown to be convenient but not noisy. In a run down part of the street, no curb appeal. The front door was locked but Sonja showed up quickly when I rand the bell. Might have been better to have a sign to that effect at the door. It was a slightly stressful few moments. Kitchen facilities available. A simple breakfast laid out in the morning. Tea available all the time. Good wifi. Very comfortable room.

• 26th Feb 2014

Small B&B with amazing location and very private. If you're looking for some days away from all the hostel crazyness can be a good place to chill on. We were alone the whole stay and staff just left us with the main door key so we could come and go as we pleased. Breakfast was meh. Good place if your looking for some confort and privacy, but no hostel atmosphere/support at all.

We had a great time in the Downtown Hostel. We spent 3 nights, it was very clean and cozy. Nice and quiet Atmosphere, not a Party Place - exactly what we wanted. Breakfast was also nice!

It was a nice stay at the Downtown hostel. We stayed there for two nights. The owners are very kind and helpful. There. is no kitchen to cook. Tea and coffe are free.

kitchen not for cooking - only fridge and cofeemaker. Hostel was clean and very charming as we were only 3 People at that time sharing the whole house (with 4 rooms, kitchen, 2 bathrooms)..

The hostel is really good. The owners (Jose and Sonia) are very polite and helpful. Locations is great, very close to the main street and also only a couple blocks away from one of the bus companies that take you to Puerto Natales. The owner also has a great store to sell camping stuff, a lot of things, although the prices were a little bit too much for my budget.

• 13th Dec 2013