Downtown Oasis Reviews

Budapest, Karoly krt. 24., Budapest, Hungary

Pro's: wonderful staff who were talkative and involved; brilliant, central location; spotless rooms & communal area; big, spacious, secure rooms with excellent facilities. Will be returning later in the year as we absolutely loved it - a must if you're in Budapest!

Great location and clean, comfortable facilities. Thank you Downtown Oasis!

• 2nd Jan 2016

This place is excellent if you are traveling with your couple. Cozy, clean, private, and very well located. The staff are not present all the time at the apartment but are always ready to help. I so recommend Downtown Oasis!

Very clean , very good staff, perfect location

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Greece

I had a very pleasant stay at the hostel throughout my two nights staying! I didnt expect the ambient of the place would be that cosy, and it turned out that everything is excellent from the location, facilities and the help of the staff as well

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Malaysia

Great place to stay. Only problem was the horrid smell coming out of the sink drain hole and the shower flooded the bathroom.

Hello, thank you for your stay and review. Indeed we had problems in tha bathroom but it has been solved since then - sorry for the incident and the blockage in the pipe. Hope to see you again. Ferenc (owner)

Absolutely brilliant hostel in a perfect location. Value for money was perfect. Thanks!

• 17th Oct 2015

Outstanding

Our stay at Downtown was great. The hostel is clean, nice and in such a good location. The staff were friendly and always helpful when we needed something. The only negative thing i can say was that there was a bad smell coming out of the sink which wasn't nice, but besides that everything was good!

Thank you for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We are already working on the sink situation, thank you for letting us know. Ferenc, owner.

It's quite hard to find the hostel because it's hidden between the Spar and the Erste Bank and has no sign, but once found it, it has a pretty good location being on the main traffic road (you don't hear the traffic inside). There is no all day reception, the owners are just there someone checks in and it feels more like a hotel than a hostel, because it's quite hard to get to meet new here. Our room was big and very beautiful. We had lots of and our own bathroom.

• 19th Sep 2015

Fantastic stay in Budapest the lady who checked us in was very knowledgeable about the city and gave us information regarding the reopening of keleti station. I spoke to the owners twice to confirm arrival time and they were keen to make sure I enjoyed my time there which I most certainly did all in all fantastic and as the name suggests it's a calm oasis in the middle of busy Budapest

A lovely place to stay in Budapest, quiet and central, with excellent facilities, very secure and great value for money. Beautiful building and very friendly staff, giving advice on events and places to visit. Highly recommend Downtown Oasis as it is just that!

Great experience. I would recommend.

We stayed in August. Very impressed with the location, the staff and the value for money. An excellent base camp for us as we explored this beautiful city!

• 27th Aug 2015

Excellent location, lovely clean room and facilities, we had a great stay thank you.

• 15th Aug 2015