Downtown Paraiso Hostel Reviews

Carrer de la Junta de Comer�, 13 Ppal, Barcelona, Spain

This place has very thin walls, not enough showers and toilets. The location is great of course, but since public transport is excellent in town I will try to stay a bit outside next time and use the metro. A bit outside of the actual old town you will find better deals. We had a twin room, which looked nice on the pics, but in reallity it was substandard. Two years ago I had a hotel room in the same neighbouhood for the same price and better quality.

Great hostel in a very good location. Staff were really helpful and friendly

Cute hostel with a nice enough ambience. Clean and sanitary, and quite quiet - even the party people respected the wishes of others. Didn't get any bed bugs (i was in room 115). No wifi in the rooms out the back as previously mentioned by others. Staff could use a massive attitude and general knowledge check. Everyone I encountered seemed rude and absolutely brainless. Don't expect accurate advice when it comes to public transport, airport transfers, bike rentals, you name it.

• 19th Jul 2014

This was the first hostel I've every stayed at. The staff was very friendly. The location of the hostel is kinda sketch at night, the blocks look like a scene from Grand Theft Auto and there are prostitutes lurking, but it's located just a few blocks away from the metro stop which has many shops/restaurants around. But other than that, the stay was good.

I liked the staff. But it really depends on the other guests, how you can connect... But the nice terrasse is a place, where you can relaxe and meet others. Unfortunately, you have to go in after 10pm.

There is no sign in front of the building. They have it posted on the door jamb and the name is different than what is on Hostel World (big problem when you're trying to find the place!). Everything else was fine. My door handle fell off a couple times but the staff was very, very nice and on top of fixing it. Great location off the main drag and great back patio for coffee or beer. Room had a window and fan, much appreciated in the summer heat. Never waited for the toilet and they were clean.

very good hostel! very confortable!

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

This was an awesome hostel located super close to las ramblas. Never had to wait for a shower and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Only downside was that wifi does not range to the back of the property or courtyard. Met heaps of cool people here though!

I stayed here three nights with the intention of staying four. Their plan was for my friend and I to move to three different rooms in four nights. The first room was okay except I have never laid on a bed that hard. The second room had bed bugs that scarred my fingers and toes.

• 29th Jun 2014

👍 would recommend! Great atmosphere

• 23rd Jun 2014

Two words: BED BUGS!!! 60% is not a very clear image of what the hostel is. The staff was great, the place looked clean, and confortable, until I went to sleep and woke up the next day with bites all over my arms and legs. First I thought it must me a spider or something, until the next night it got worse. Surprise: BED BUGS!!!! I told the staff and they sprayed the room and everything, but that didn't help much. The night after they sprayed it continued to happen. I left the next day :(

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Macedonia

The hostel is quite good. It's clean, safe and gives you all you need. Location is amazing. Some steps away from La Rambla and La Boqueria. There are supermarkets arround and tapas bars and restaurants.

Me and my boyfriend had a great stay here. Mainly impressed with the friendly and helpful staff and its great location. Our private room, was slightly disappointing as it was really small and the window looked out on to a brick wall so there was no natural light. As we were just there for a short break, this didn't really hinder our time in Barcelona, we were too busy outside seeing what the city had to offer. So overall, was average/good value for money.

• 14th Jun 2014

Great and friendly staff, and excellent location!

• 12th Jun 2014
  • India

Located just off La Ramblas, Downtown Paraiso is a nice little break from the hustle and bustle. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Awesome courtyard to hang in and get some sun during the day or eat/drink in the evening. If you're looking for a homely hostel void of bassy music vibrating through your body at all hours (unlike Kabul - which is full of soggy arseholes and cheap music) then this hostel is for you. Wanted to stay longer but had already booked elsewhere.

• 12th Jun 2014

Even though the kitchen "closes" at night there are people crashing about at all hours. Rooms next to the kitchen beware. The area is a little bit sketch, but close to attractions. There are better hostels in Barcelona.

We felt very unsafe at this hostel and left immediately after seeing our room. The hostel is very hard to find, with no signs demarcating its location. The first floor is pitch black even in the daytime, making it the perfect place for someone to get taken. The lady manning the front desk was nice enough to give us our money back except for the first night and our deposit but I would not book this place again.

I stayed in this hostel for a week in May 2014, and I had bedbugs in my bed. I got bitten 30 times (even though my friends staying in the same room were fine). Needless to say that all sheets should be better cleaned !

• 26th May 2014

Great service which created a good overall atmosphere at the hostel. The way the staff behaves oftentimes decide how the the guests are going to behave, even with each other. Staff is important, and this staff was great!

• 25th May 2014
  • Norway

Great stay, staff and people. If i'd have to suggest something to the hostel, is to replace the lockers for working ones. We had one working locker in a room of four. No problem since we were four travelling together, but i could imagine it different for single travellers.

• 7th May 2014