Downtown River Hostel Reviews

San Martin 2, San Sebastian, Spain

I stayed at this hostel for just a day but I could get a good rest. However, it should be better that each shower box has a lock to shut inside and a tall rack to place clothes.

Thank you very much for your comment,we have repaired all locks showers along with it we put some clothes hangers in each shower.kind regards DOWNTOWN'S STAFF.

I really enjoyed my stay here thanks to Mauro!

• 28th Dec 2014

Beds were uncomfortable and my top bunk didn't have a ladder to climb up. Location is great, basically the whole city is walkable from here. Would have liked a better bed, but still, for so cheap I have no real complaints. Staff was super friendly and helpful.

• 12th Dec 2014

thanks very much for your comment Sandra because they help us continue improving our establishment I went to check the bed which you have taken during your stay and effectively was missing the ladder and which we have already placed to avoid inconveniencing other future clients.

Really nice stay.

We enjoyed our stay. All 3 members of the staff we met were very friendly and kind. I have only one suggestion for the showers: they should arrange it somehow so that we live the clothes outside and they don't get wet, or put a curtain or something inside to keep the clothes dry.

• 7th Dec 2014
  • Greece

Everithing ok kitchen small and it is the only place yo stay, I mean, it is kitchen and living room. Very good location. Toilets and shower common.

need more space to sit in when lights are out in our room if 1 person is sleeping .

For low season, it was quite good. Incredibly quiet, but that happens in beach towns during the low season I suppose. The lemon, ginger, garlic tea they had was interesting, however it was on the stove for a few days just sitting there, so I would be suspect about that. Staff speaks very little english, which was actually cool for me as I'm trying to learn Spanish. Could be an issue for those who don't speak any Spanish. In summer, I imagine it's a great hostel environment!

Very nice hostel, comfortable beds, located near the bus and train stations and the beach. There are two plugs next to every bed which is very nice and comfortable, the kitchen is nice although a little bit small. The showers are good but there is no place to leave your clothes without getting them wet. The internet was failing in the room during my stay, although in the kitchen and main area was good.

Staff are nice and friendly and the hostel is pretty clean. beds are comfy but the pillows did suck, only nights i had a good sleep was when i got really drunk (every night). so all in all a good place and it would be good for a big group of friends !

Loved it here! On the small side which is perfect for solo travellers or groups as it is super easy to meet people. Very clean and decent location close to the old square and beaches. Good wifi and the staff are really friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

Nice modern place, could really do with a common area other than the kitchen table tho! Gets every busy, sometimes makes cooking impossible. A few tweets needs making like fixing the broken locks on all of the showers. Overall a good stay

Great hotel.

No sink working on the room's floor to wash hands or face, not very practical. Rooms are full of humidity and there was no place for my things because there is only four lockers in a 8 beds dormitory. The morning I was awake by the staff guy yelling at someone in a other room. Badest experience in a youth hostel for me.

Overall an ok hostel. They were doing some building work downstairs, which could be expansion work. I agree with other reviewers that the common areas are not sufficient. There's one table in the kitchen space, which is also right outside most of the rooms so socializing after 11pm doesn't happen. Also, the showers were blocked with hair and you can just walk into any room whenever you please. There is no "security" as such. It's a small hostel and quite friendly overall.

Mattress was rough and not much space in the hostel.

Great spot, super friendly staff, great pub crawl, great atmosphere! Clean bathrooms, too!

I paid 32 euros for a Friday night. Absolutely robbed. The staff weren't helpful at all and on arrival, I did arrive at 10pm but the hostel was empty of check in and had to wait 15 minutes. Very unimpressed with the cost for the service you get.

The best hostel I have ever stayed at (and I've been to quite a few). Very clean, very central, excellent price. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!

a good hostel, nothing really to complain about. the atmoshpere wasnt as social as some other hostels I've stayed in, but it was a good place for a roof over your head and a bed underneath it

View all San Sebastian Hostels