Downtown River Hostel Reviews

San Martin 2, San Sebastian, Spain

Really helpful staff, good, clean facilities and not too far from everything. My only complaints would be that the hostel wasn't heated very well and the beds were a little bit uncomfortable. But I enjoyed my stay here!

Had a lot of fun there and met some great people in the common area. It's a little way from the old part of town where the bars are, but it's still nice and my room had a window overlooking the street which was nice. The staff are great and helpful. The place could do with a printer. The bathroom facilities are shared but cleaned each day so it's fine.

We absolutely loved our stay at Down Town hostel. We spent a whole week in San Sebastian in this hostel and it was just the best experience.not many people now in winter The staff are friendly and always willing to help. As it isn’t a huge hostel it was easy to make friends and everyone was so welcoming. This was the best hostel I stayed in throughout Europe. I would have been happy to stay another week. Thank you Carlitos and the staff

Really good staff, very good location and great beds. Weren't many people staying but it was the middle of winter. Only common area is the relatively small kitchen

Nice stay and really nice staff. Everyone but the night employee spoke English well. All the employees gave us maps and accurately pointed out where to eat, where to go out, and even where to buy alcohol late at night. Not a lot of guests but it was a really nice stay and we met some great people. Close to one of the beaches and about a 5-10 minute walk to downtown where the nightlife was.

• 13th Feb 2015

I stayed at this hostel for just a day but I could get a good rest. However, it should be better that each shower box has a lock to shut inside and a tall rack to place clothes.

Thank you very much for your comment,we have repaired all locks showers along with it we put some clothes hangers in each shower.kind regards DOWNTOWN'S STAFF.

I really enjoyed my stay here thanks to Mauro!

• 28th Dec 2014

Beds were uncomfortable and my top bunk didn't have a ladder to climb up. Location is great, basically the whole city is walkable from here. Would have liked a better bed, but still, for so cheap I have no real complaints. Staff was super friendly and helpful.

• 12th Dec 2014

thanks very much for your comment Sandra because they help us continue improving our establishment I went to check the bed which you have taken during your stay and effectively was missing the ladder and which we have already placed to avoid inconveniencing other future clients.

Really nice stay.

We enjoyed our stay. All 3 members of the staff we met were very friendly and kind. I have only one suggestion for the showers: they should arrange it somehow so that we live the clothes outside and they don't get wet, or put a curtain or something inside to keep the clothes dry.

• 7th Dec 2014
  • Greece

Everithing ok kitchen small and it is the only place yo stay, I mean, it is kitchen and living room. Very good location. Toilets and shower common.

need more space to sit in when lights are out in our room if 1 person is sleeping .

For low season, it was quite good. Incredibly quiet, but that happens in beach towns during the low season I suppose. The lemon, ginger, garlic tea they had was interesting, however it was on the stove for a few days just sitting there, so I would be suspect about that. Staff speaks very little english, which was actually cool for me as I'm trying to learn Spanish. Could be an issue for those who don't speak any Spanish. In summer, I imagine it's a great hostel environment!

Very nice hostel, comfortable beds, located near the bus and train stations and the beach. There are two plugs next to every bed which is very nice and comfortable, the kitchen is nice although a little bit small. The showers are good but there is no place to leave your clothes without getting them wet. The internet was failing in the room during my stay, although in the kitchen and main area was good.

Staff are nice and friendly and the hostel is pretty clean. beds are comfy but the pillows did suck, only nights i had a good sleep was when i got really drunk (every night). so all in all a good place and it would be good for a big group of friends !

Loved it here! On the small side which is perfect for solo travellers or groups as it is super easy to meet people. Very clean and decent location close to the old square and beaches. Good wifi and the staff are really friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

Nice modern place, could really do with a common area other than the kitchen table tho! Gets every busy, sometimes makes cooking impossible. A few tweets needs making like fixing the broken locks on all of the showers. Overall a good stay

Great hotel.