Downtown Washington Hostel Reviews

All The stuff are helpful and nice,I love them.hostel very near union station and very clean. Unbelievable ! Там очень чисто и хорошое место для туристов. Возле union station.Работник тоже помогают. Все приятно и не реально.кухня можно использовать как дома.我非常推荐这里,干净,工作人员很好给我们很多好的旅行建议,厨房可以用,跟家里一样,下次去还会住的!

• 5th Feb 2014
  • China

excellent staff, very helpful. clean rooms and bathrooms. will return again for sure!

• 1st Feb 2014

What can I say, I loved every minute of my time at the Downtown DC Hostel. The staff is full of many amazing personalities, 2 blocks from Giant (very reasonably priced grocery store) easy access to public transit and comfortable place to be a traveller and meet people. The biggest problem is you won't want to leave! ;-)

• 1st Feb 2014

The staff was wonderful! No matter the time of day/night, there was always someone there if I needed something. The location is right down the road from Chinatown, super easy access to Union Station, close to tons of bars and great places to eat. However due to its great location, if you get the room I got, sleep is a bit hard with the cars and bar people outside making lots of noise. Overall it felt like I was at home with my family, I was very comfortable and will definitely stay there again.

Really great staff, they make you feel very at home. Location's great, you're right on H St, near a good bar scene. And a quick walk to Union Station metro. I recommend getting a room on second or third floor, else you'll be able to hear the tv in the common area all night.

• 26th Jan 2014

It was really a great hostel. Union station only takes about 10min to walk from hostel. Also there's a grocery store call Giant which also great place. For the people like us who don't travel alot it was great opportunity to meet people there and talk with them and having fun! It was really a great place to stay!

• 24th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

The atmosphere at Downtown Washington Hostel is easy-going and you get a chance to meet a lot of interesting people from all over the world. The staff is amazing. They are very friendly and are some pretty damn good cooks, too. I felt very welcomed there...so welcomed that I stayed twice. Thanks guys!

This hostel is a must if you visit DC! I enjoyed staying here as much as seeing the city. The staff are amazing, they even arranged for the guests to all to go out to some local bars for drinks, you feel at home as soon as you walk in. This place is clean, secure, plenty of toilets btw and has the best vibe!! P.S. huge thanks to AJ for the lift to the airport and making soup, you're a hero :)

The closest hostel to Union Station with the comfiest bunks and most attentive, friendly staff (easy on the eyes and ears too). in close proximity to cheap supermarkets and DCs thriving bar scene along H street. When you walk in and drop your bags, you immediately feel at home, a much nicer feeling than a larger chain place. FULL kitchen. big things expected for this place. Stay here if you're in DC for it's eclectic punk history, talk to Jon the fake irishman haha.

Security is pretty poor in this hostel due to the lack of locks on the doors. There are small lockers available - bring your own lock. Not a great place to stay if you need sleep, the place was pretty noisy at night and the quiet time isn't really enforced. Bed was hard as a rock. Location is alright though, and very close to Union Station.

It was really nice experience in DWH!! We were glad to stay at DWH~~ The facilities were very clean and staffs were so kind and friendly~~ If I were to visit Washington again, I would prefer to stay there again~

• 17th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

We both had a great time, and I highly recommend this hostel for anyone traveling to DC. Location is by far the best of any hostel/hotel in DC, being just minutes from Union Station! I'll definitely come back.

• 16th Jan 2014

The Downtown Hostel is a great hostel, proper accomodations and facilities (incl. kitchen & bathrooms), and the staff is just wonderful. They are always there for you and will attend your every need. This is a practical, no-nonsense / all-friendlyness hostel where you can meet new people in the main room or just chill on your own. Location is somewhat remote (30min from centre / the Mall) though public transit nearby and abundant. Stay here, you won't regret it!

Really good hostel, not far from the Mall but it is maybe a half an hour walk or so.

So friendly I even stayed when they had no hot water! But thanks for fixing it, you guys are awesome!

We didn't have hot water for 2-3 days. Almost our entire stay. Which was annoying since we had been traveling for days..

• 8th Jan 2014
  • Denmark

I thought this was a nice place to stay for a few nights. The nearness to Union Station was a plus. The only negative was that the heat and hot water were both not working while I was there, however that seemed like more of a fluke occurrence than a result of negligence by the staff.

This hostel has great friendly staff and on arrival they give map tours which is very helpful when guests have never been to Washington before. All facilities for a travellers needs. Its a homely place and security is very good with lockers provided. The location is so close to Union Station which is very convenient and with many different place to eat and drink around it is a good place to be in the city.

• 7th Jan 2014

All Hostels have pros & cons. PROS= Late check in because train was very late. LOCATION, outstanding staff. CONS=Bathroom situation. I did move to another Hostel. My young son would have liked this one better than I did. I am older and needed a quieter place.

Great hostel. I can't say a bad word about it.

View all Washington DC Hostels